A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Gamedziner
Posts: 795 Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Gamedziner » August 7th, 2018, 5:41 pm
wwei23 wrote:
41:
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A$2.AC2$5.2A2.AC$CA4.C3.A$A.A3.C.C$.2C2.CA.2A$5.A2.C2.C$.CA3.2C2.C
A$.C$2.A3.AC$.CA3.C2.A$8.AC!
Minimum bounding box:
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
$3.CA$3.A$4.3A2.AC$CA4.C3.A$A.A3.C.C$.2C2.CA.2A$5.A2.C2.C$.CA3.2C2.C
A$.C$2.A3.AC$.CA3.C2.A$8.AC!
Code: Select all
x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!
Hunting
Posts: 4401 Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Hunting » August 7th, 2018, 9:26 pm
Bullet51 wrote: AforAmpere wrote: I hope this is original. The game's goal is to find the smallest still-life stabilization for a collection of cells, with all pre-placed cells having 3 or less neighbors.
The game has been proposed by me in 2015,
in our Chinese forum.
The Chinese sentence
Code: Select all
在左图中添加尽量少的格点,使得它成为稳态:
我的最好方案如右图,为9个格点。
means
Code: Select all
Add cells as less as possible to stabilize the pattern in the left into a still-life:
The best I can achieve is shown in the right, with 9 cells.
I think 格点 should be 细胞
Hunting
Posts: 4401 Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Hunting » August 7th, 2018, 9:35 pm
How about this simple pattern
Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2bo$2o$2b2o$3bo!
dani
Posts: 1221 Joined: October 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by dani » August 8th, 2018, 12:55 am
Hunting wrote: How about this simple pattern
Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2bo$2o$2b2o$3bo!
21-cells
Code: Select all
x = 6, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2o$2bobo$bo2bo$o3b2o$4o$4b2o$2bo2bo$2b2o!
Hunting
Posts: 4401 Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Hunting » August 8th, 2018, 1:24 am
danny wrote: Hunting wrote: How about this simple pattern
Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2bo$2o$2b2o$3bo!
21-cells
Code: Select all
x = 6, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2o$2bobo$bo2bo$o3b2o$4o$4b2o$2bo2bo$2b2o!
Nice
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158 Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by gmc_nxtman » August 8th, 2018, 1:43 am
14:
Code: Select all
x = 6, y = 7, rule = LifeHistory
4.A$3.A.A$3.CA$.2C$A2.2C$.A2.C$2.2A!
EDIT: New puzzle, probably relatively easy:
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 8, rule = LifeHistory
2.C$6.2C$6.C$3.C$3.C.2C.C$.2C5.C$3.C$C3.2C!
dani
Posts: 1221 Joined: October 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by dani » August 8th, 2018, 2:01 am
28, I barely tried:
Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A4.2A$2.CA5.A$6.2CA$6.C$3.C$3.CA2CAC$.2C5.C$A2.C.A$CA2.2C!
EDIT: 27:
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A$2.CA$6.2C$6.C$3.C3.A$3.CA2C.C$.2C5.C$A2.C.A.A$CA2.2C.2A!
EDIT: 26:
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A$2.CA$6.2C$6.C$3.C3.A$3.CA2C.C$.2C5.C$A2.C.3A$CA2.2C!
Hdjensofjfnen
Posts: 1769 Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Hdjensofjfnen » August 9th, 2018, 1:45 pm
I tried:
Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 8, rule = LifeHistory
2.CA$2.A.A.2C$4.A.C2.A$3.C2.A.2A$3.CA2C.C$.2C5.C$A2.C.3A$CA2.2C!
@danny, I think this round goes to you.
BlinkerSpawn
Posts: 1993 Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by BlinkerSpawn » August 15th, 2018, 9:38 pm
Code: Select all
x = 11, y = 10, rule = LifeHistory
3.C$.2C$.C4.C$.C2.C$7.C2.C$C5.C3.C$4.C3.C$.C2.C$.C$4.C!
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249 Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by gameoflifemaniac » August 17th, 2018, 2:42 pm
BlinkerSpawn wrote: Code: Select all
x = 11, y = 10, rule = LifeHistory
3.C$.2C$.C4.C$.C2.C$7.C2.C$C5.C3.C$4.C3.C$.C2.C$.C$4.C!
53 cells:
Code: Select all
x = 14, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
4.2A$.2A2.C$A2.2C3.A$2A.C4.C2A$3.C2.CA3.A$3.A.A.A.CA.C$2.CA.A2.C.A.C$
3.A2.C.A.C.2A$3.C.AC.2A$2.AC.A$6.C3A$8.A2.A$10.2A!
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.
Code: Select all
b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
AforAmpere
Posts: 1427 Joined: July 1st, 2016, 3:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by AforAmpere » August 17th, 2018, 7:30 pm
53 was ridiculously difficult to beat, but here's 51:
Code: Select all
x = 20, y = 18, rule = LifeHistory
2$6.2A$3.2A2.C$3.A.2C6.2A$5.C3.AC2.A$5.C2.C2.A.A$6.3A2.C2.CA.A$3.ACA
3.AC.A.C.2A$3.A2.A.C3.C$5.C.AC3.2A$4.AC$7.AC$8.A$7.A$7.2A!
Maybe it can still be improved?
The torch of 5S has been passed on again, and is now managed by speedydelete. It can be found
here . Also check out my program
EPE , a tool for searching for patterns in various rulespaces.
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158 Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by gmc_nxtman » August 17th, 2018, 8:15 pm
49:
Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 11, rule = LifeHistory
4.2A$.2A2.C3.2A$A2.2C3.A.A$2A.C4.C2.2A$3.C2.CA.A.A$3.A.A.A.C2.C$2.CA.
A2.C.A.C$3.A2.C.A.CA$3.C.AC.A$2.AC.A2.A$6.CA!
This one's surprisingly hard. Good one, BlinkerSpawn.
EDIT: 43:
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$2A2.C$A.2C$2.C3.AC$2.C2.C2.A.A$3.3A2.CA.C$ACA3.AC3.C$A2.2AC2.ACA
$2.C2.C2.A$.AC$5.C$4.A.A$5.A!
BlinkerSpawn
Posts: 1993 Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by BlinkerSpawn » August 18th, 2018, 12:02 pm
The best I had was this similar solution, also 43 cells, and I don't see any way to reach 42:
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$2A2.C$A.2C$2.C4.CA$2.C2.C2.A$3.4A.C.AC$ACA4.CA2.C$A2.2AC3.C$2.C
2.C3A$.AC$5.CA$5.2A!
I'll let gmc_nxtman submit the next puzzle.
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158 Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by gmc_nxtman » August 18th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 7, rule = LifeHistory
C5.2C2.C2$2.C.C3.C.2C$3.C2.C2.C$3.C2.C3.C$.C2.C$.C2.C!
Hdjensofjfnen
Posts: 1769 Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Hdjensofjfnen » August 18th, 2018, 4:22 pm
54:
Code: Select all
x = 15, y = 15, rule = LifeHistory
12.2A$12.A$4.A9.A$2A.C.A3.2C2.CA$2A.A.A2.A2.A$3.A.C.C.A.C.2C$3.2A.C2.
C2.C.A$6.C.AC3.C$3.AC2.C$2.A.CA.C$2.A3.A$3.3A2$3.2A.A$3.A.2A!
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » August 18th, 2018, 6:05 pm
3F279D98-D69D-4082-8009-56893B58C6DC.jpeg (369.73 KiB) Viewed 8769 times
52. I'm on my phone, so screanshot.
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034 Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by dvgrn » August 18th, 2018, 6:17 pm
wwei23 wrote: 3F279D98-D69D-4082-8009-56893B58C6DC.jpeg
52. I'm on my phone, so screanshot.
Add a little here, take away a little there... how about 39?
Code:
Select all
x = 15, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
3.A8.2A$2.C.A3.2C2.C$.A2.A2.A2.A.A$A3.C.C.A.C.2C$.3A.C2.C2.C2.A$5.C.A
C3.CA$3.CA.C$3.C2.C$4.2A!
#C [[ THUMBNAIL THUMBSIZE 2 ]]
There's at least a three-cell improvement still, that I've left for someone else.
Redstoneboi
Posts: 467 Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Redstoneboi » August 18th, 2018, 9:27 pm
you mean this one
Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
.A8.2A$C.A3.2C2.C$A.A2.A2.A.A$.AC.C.A.C.2C$3.C2.C2.C2.A$3.C.AC3.CA$.C
A.C$.C2.C$2.2A!
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando .
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s .
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034 Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by dvgrn » August 18th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Redstoneboi wrote: you mean this one...
Yup, exactly. But then with a little more fiddling around, a 35-cell solution turned up:
Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
10.2A$CA4.2C2.C$A2.A2.A.A.A$.AC.C.A.C.2C$3.C2.C2.C2.A$3.C.AC3.CA$.CA.
C$.C2.C$2.2A!
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158 Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by gmc_nxtman » August 19th, 2018, 4:45 pm
I have not verified, but I believe 35 cells is minimal.
Hunting
Posts: 4401 Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Hunting » August 21st, 2018, 8:20 pm
How about this puzzle
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
obobo2$o!
Saka
Posts: 3626 Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Saka » August 21st, 2018, 8:24 pm
Hunting wrote: How about this puzzle
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
obobo2$o!
7 cells
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$C.C.C$CA!
jarring cyan
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158 Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by gmc_nxtman » August 21st, 2018, 11:53 pm
Saka, I think the cells in your version are incorrect. If I have it right, I can't see a way to get smaller than 10 cells:
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2.A3.A$.C.C.C.A$A.A3.A$.C!
77topaz
Posts: 1496 Joined: January 12th, 2018, 9:19 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by 77topaz » August 22nd, 2018, 2:24 am
Yeah, Saka's "solution" misplaced one of the cells from Hunting's original pattern.
Hunting
Posts: 4401 Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by Hunting » August 22nd, 2018, 2:27 am
gmc_nxtman wrote: Saka, I think the cells in your version are incorrect. If I have it right, I can't see a way to get smaller than 10 cells:
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2.A3.A$.C.C.C.A$A.A3.A$.C!Saka wrote: Hunting wrote: How about this puzzle
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
obobo2$o!
7 cells
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$C.C.C$CA!
77topaz wrote: Yeah, Saka's "solution" misplaced one of the cells from Hunting's original pattern.
Sorry... When I click submit, I don't remind that I misplaced a cell at first.(I'm away from Golly, so I just type the RLE with my hand) Then I edited that comment. sorry for that!