Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

For discussion of other cellular automata.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansi

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: May 5th, 2020, 9:16 pm
yujh wrote: May 5th, 2020, 8:57 pm
Hunting wrote: May 5th, 2020, 8:45 pm

It's still not easy, because the development of this rule did not lead to gunnable materials. I'd say, let's develop eater-based pi circuits! Kittyst will be really helpful, but v1.2, which is less buggy and introduced a lot of new features, is still on my old computer so that I can't use.
My computer is also old...
But maybe more powerful.
Can help next week.(one of two weeks I’m busy)
Didn't I mention multiple times on this forum that I can't use my computer, not because it's old?
Wow.
20 sec later:
I get it
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by BokaBB »

Okay!We are going to need Pi - heptomino circuits!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: May 6th, 2020, 7:24 am Okay!We are going to need Pi - heptomino circuits!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
We may ask classical CGoL enthusiasts how to find Herschel circuits.

If they uses CGoL only software, I will investigate their algorithm and create an OCA software of our own.
lemon41625
Posts: 370
Joined: January 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
Location: 小红点 (if you know where that is)

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by lemon41625 »

Results from OCAgar

P6

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 9, rule = B34c/S234y8:T10,10
10o5$10o3$10o!
P6 Wick

Code: Select all

x = 32, y = 7, rule = B34c/S234y8:T32,7
2$o2bo4bo2bo4bo2bo4bo2bo$o2bo4bo2bo4bo2bo4bo2bo$o2bo4bo2bo4bo2bo4bo2bo
$5b2o6b2o6b2o6b2o!
P24 discovered by hand

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 24, rule = B34c/S234y8:T24,24
7$3bo5bo5bo5bo$2b3o3b3o3b3o3b3o$bo3bobo3bobo3bobo3bo$bo3bobo3bobo3bobo
3bo$bo3bobo3bobo3bobo3bo$2b3o3b3o3b3o3b3o$3bo5bo5bo5bo2$3bo5bo5bo5bo$
2b3o3b3o3b3o3b3o$bo3bobo3bobo3bobo3bo$bo3bobo3bobo3bobo3bo$bo3bobo3bob
o3bobo3bo$2b3o3b3o3b3o3b3o$3bo5bo5bo5bo!
2c/2 Spaceship? (What is the correct name for this type of pattern)

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 24, rule = B34c/S234y8:T24,24
11b3o$11b3o$12b2o$13bo$13bo$13bo$10bo2bo$12b2o$11b3o$11b3o$12b2o$13bo$
13bo$13bo$10bo2bo$12b2o$11b3o$11b3o$12b2o$13bo$13bo$13bo$10bo2bo$12b2o!
P96 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 20, y = 20, rule = B34c/S234y8:T20,20
bo4b2o3bo4b2o$4o3b7o3b3o$4b3o2bo4b3o2bo3$2obo2bo3b2obo2bo$5bo9bo$o9bo$
o2bo6bo2bo$obo5b3obo5b2o$bo4b2o3bo4b2o$4o3b7o3b3o$4b3o2bo4b3o2bo3$2obo
2bo3b2obo2bo$5bo9bo$o9bo$o2bo6bo2bo$obo5b3obo5b2o!
2c/20 Spaceship?

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 24, rule = B34c/S234y8:T24,24
11bo11bo$11bo11bo$9bobo9bobo$o7bo3bo7bo$9bobo9bobo$10bo11bo3$11bo11bo$
o10b2o10bo$2o9b3o9bo$o10b2o10bo$11bo11bo$11bo11bo$9bobo9bobo$o7bo3bo7b
o$9bobo9bobo$10bo11bo3$11bo11bo$o10b2o10bo$2o9b3o9bo$o10b2o10bo!
P 212 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 28, rule = B34c/S234y8:T28,28
4b2o12b2o$2bo2bo10bo2bo$2bobo11bobo7$2bo13bo$bobo11bobo$bob2o10bob2o2$
4b2o12b2o$4b2o12b2o$2bo2bo10bo2bo$2bobo11bobo7$2bo13bo$bobo11bobo$bob
2o10bob2o2$4b2o12b2o!
P 264 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 24, rule = B34c/S234y8:T24,24
3bobo5bo3bobo5bo2$9b3o9b3o$3bo7bo3bo7bo$2bobo9bobo$5bo11bo$2bo2bo8bo2b
o$6o6b6o$3ob2o6b3ob2o$2ob2o6b3ob2o6bo$11bo11bo$3bo2bo2b3o3bo2bo2b3o$3b
obo5bo3bobo5bo2$9b3o9b3o$3bo7bo3bo7bo$2bobo9bobo$5bo11bo$2bo2bo8bo2bo$
6o6b6o$3ob2o6b3ob2o$2ob2o6b3ob2o6bo$11bo11bo$3bo2bo2b3o3bo2bo2b3o!
P 288 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 30, rule = B34c/S234y8:T30,30
10bo14bo$11bo14bo3$12b2o13b2o$2bo8bob2o2bo8bob2o$bob2o5b2obo2bob2o5b2o
bo$o4bo4bo2bobo4bo4bo2bo$b2ob2o7bo2b2ob2o7bo$13bo14bo$9bo4bo9bo4bo$o
14bo$o3b2o4bo4bo3b2o4bo$4b2o8bo4b2o8bo$10bo2bo11bo2bo$10bo14bo$11bo14b
o3$12b2o13b2o$2bo8bob2o2bo8bob2o$bob2o5b2obo2bob2o5b2obo$o4bo4bo2bobo
4bo4bo2bo$b2ob2o7bo2b2ob2o7bo$13bo14bo$9bo4bo9bo4bo$o14bo$o3b2o4bo4bo
3b2o4bo$4b2o8bo4b2o8bo$10bo2bo11bo2bo!
Download CAViewer: https://github.com/jedlimlx/Cellular-Automaton-Viewer

Supports:
BSFKL, Extended Generations, Regenerating Generations, Naive Rules, R1 Moore, R2 Cross and R2 Von Neumann INT
And some others...
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by Hunting »

lemon41625 wrote: May 6th, 2020, 11:32 pm 2c/2 Spaceship? (What is the correct name for this type of pattern)

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 24, rule = B34c/S234y8:T24,24
11b3o$11b3o$12b2o$13bo$13bo$13bo$10bo2bo$12b2o$11b3o$11b3o$12b2o$13bo$
13bo$13bo$10bo2bo$12b2o$11b3o$11b3o$12b2o$13bo$13bo$13bo$10bo2bo$12b2o!
For lightspeed ones superstrings and slower ones waves I believe.
lemon41625
Posts: 370
Joined: January 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
Location: 小红点 (if you know where that is)

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by lemon41625 »

More OCAgar results
oscar.lua wrote:c/49 Spaceship
Doesn't look like it but okay

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 7, rule = B34c/S234y8:K7,7*
ob2o2bo$3ob2o$2bo3bo$bo$2bo2bo$b3ob2o$2o4bo!
oscar.lua wrote:3c/18 Spaceship
Also doesn't look like it but okay (Also for some reason this pattern works in Golly but not in lifeviewer)

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = B34c/S234y8:K10,10*
2$bobo3b2o$6b3o$7bo$b2o4bo$4bobo$5bo!
Another P6 Wick

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 28, rule = B34c/S234y8:T14,28
2bo6bo$b3o4b3o$2ob2o2b2ob2o$2ob2o2b2ob2o$b3o4b3o$2bo6bo2$2bo6bo$b3o4b
3o$2ob2o2b2ob2o$2ob2o2b2ob2o$b3o4b3o$2bo6bo2$2bo6bo$b3o4b3o$2ob2o2b2ob
2o$2ob2o2b2ob2o$b3o4b3o$2bo6bo2$2bo6bo$b3o4b3o$2ob2o2b2ob2o$2ob2o2b2ob
2o$b3o4b3o$2bo6bo!
oscar.lua wrote:3c/17 Spaceship
lifeviewer identity wrote:c/34 Spaceship
Um... or P119 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 14, rule = B34c/S234y8:T14,14
3bob2o3bob2o$3bob2o3bob2o2$o6bo$o3bo2bo3bo$o6bo2$3bob2o3bob2o$3bob2o3b
ob2o2$o6bo$o3bo2bo3bo$o6bo!
P11 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 18, y = 18, rule = B34c/S234y8:T18,18
7bo8bo2$bo5bo2bo5bo2$bo8bo$obobo3b2obobo3bo$bo5bo2bo5bo$bo5bo2bo5bo$o
3bobob2o3bobobo$7bo8bo2$bo5bo2bo5bo2$bo8bo$obobo3b2obobo3bo$bo5bo2bo5b
o$bo5bo2bo5bo$o3bobob2o3bobobo!
P22 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = B34c/S234y8:K10,10*
6bo$o4bobo$bo2bobobo$o4bobo$6bo$9bo$8bo$7bobo$8bo$9bo!
P30 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = B34c/S234y8:K10,10*
b2o$3bo$3bo$3bo$b2o$8b2o$7bo$7bo$7bo$8b2o!
P32 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 14, rule = B34c/S234y8:T14,14
o6bo$o2bo3bo2bo$3bobo4bobo$4b2o5b2o$o5b2o5bo$o4bobo4bo$bo3bo2bo3bo$o6b
o$o2bo3bo2bo$3bobo4bobo$4b2o5b2o$o5b2o5bo$o4bobo4bo$bo3bo2bo3bo!
P32 Wick

Code: Select all

x = 17, y = 119, rule = B34c/S234y8:T17,119
7b2o2$7b2o$6bo2bo$10bo$10bo$7bo2bo$8b2o5$6b2o$5bo2bo$5bo$5bo$6bo2bo$7b
2o2$7b2o$6bo2bo$10bo$10bo$7bo2bo$8b2o5$6b2o$5bo2bo$5bo$5bo$6bo2bo$7b2o
2$7b2o$6bo2bo$10bo$10bo$7bo2bo$8b2o5$6b2o$5bo2bo$5bo$5bo$6bo2bo$7b2o2$
7b2o$6bo2bo$10bo$10bo$7bo2bo$8b2o5$6b2o$5bo2bo$5bo$5bo$6bo2bo$7b2o2$7b
2o$6bo2bo$10bo$10bo$7bo2bo$8b2o5$6b2o$5bo2bo$5bo$5bo$6bo2bo$7b2o2$7b2o
$6bo2bo$10bo$10bo$7bo2bo$8b2o5$6b2o$5bo2bo$5bo$5bo$6bo2bo$7b2o2$7b2o$
6bo2bo$10bo$10bo$7bo2bo$8b2o5$6b2o$5bo2bo$5bo$5bo$6bo2bo!
P333 Agar

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 9, rule = B34c/S234y8:K9,9*
b2obo2bo$5bo$4b4o$4b2o$o4bo$bo2bo3bo$4bobo$3o$b4o2bo!
Download CAViewer: https://github.com/jedlimlx/Cellular-Automaton-Viewer

Supports:
BSFKL, Extended Generations, Regenerating Generations, Naive Rules, R1 Moore, R2 Cross and R2 Von Neumann INT
And some others...
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by yujh »

lemon41625 wrote: May 7th, 2020, 6:47 am More OCAgar results

Code: Select all

results
Snip
Nice!(P32 is known, though.
Ther’s even a stabilization of it.)
Is this a new version?
Or ?*? have you searched?
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
lemon41625
Posts: 370
Joined: January 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
Location: 小红点 (if you know where that is)

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by lemon41625 »

Search done with OCAgar.lua which I released on the LeapLife Thread.

c/49 Spaceship -> K 7 x 7
3c/18 Spaceship -> K 10 x 10
P6 Wick -> T 7 x 7
P119 Agar -> T 7 x 7
P11 -> T 9 x 9
P22 -> K 10 x 10
P30 -> K 10 x 10
P32 Wick -> T 17 x 17
P333 -> K 9 x 9

From earlier,
P6 -> T 10 x 10
P6 Wick -> T 10 x 10
2c/2 Superstring -> T 12 x 12
P212 -> T 14 x 14
P264 -> T 12 x 12
P288 -> T 15 x 15

BTW I think the P24 is a 8c/24 replicator.

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 7, rule = B34c/S234y8:T24,0
2bo5bo5bo5bo$b3o3b3o3b3o3b3o$o3bobo3bobo3bobo3bo$o3bobo3bobo3bobo3bo$o
3bobo3bobo3bobo3bo$b3o3b3o3b3o3b3o$2bo5bo5bo5bo!
Download CAViewer: https://github.com/jedlimlx/Cellular-Automaton-Viewer

Supports:
BSFKL, Extended Generations, Regenerating Generations, Naive Rules, R1 Moore, R2 Cross and R2 Von Neumann INT
And some others...
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by BokaBB »

I am not much interested in agars,more in guns and circuits.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: May 7th, 2020, 7:51 am I am not much interested in agars,more in guns and circuits.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Uh, we put much efforts on agars, and all we get is "I'm not much interested in agars".

Alright, I'll try to get my precious Kittyst v1.2 copy and we'll have circuits soon.

Have a good day!
Twilight "Hunting" Sparkle
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by BokaBB »

Hunting,please ask or call your dad do know when you will get your computer back. I am wishing you good luck!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
lemon41625
Posts: 370
Joined: January 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
Location: 小红点 (if you know where that is)

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by lemon41625 »

BokaBB wrote: May 8th, 2020, 4:44 am Hunting,please ask or call your dad do know when you will get your computer back. I am wishing you good luck!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB, please be more patient.

Anyway more agars (I know BokaBB is not interested but its the only new thing I found),

P22 Agar

Code: Select all

#CXRLE Pos=-5,-5 Gen=36407469
x = 10, y = 9, rule = B34c/S234y8:C10,10
o2bo2bo2bo$o3b2o3bo$bob4obo$o3b2o3bo$o2bo2bo2bo2$o2bo2bo2bo$o2bo2bo2bo
$o2bo2bo2bo!
2c/102 Spaceship Thing

Code: Select all

#CXRLE Pos=-4,-2 Gen=28346110
x = 8, y = 6, rule = B34c/S234y8:C10,10
3b3o$bo3b2o$bobo2b2o$o5bo$bo2b2o$bo!
Download CAViewer: https://github.com/jedlimlx/Cellular-Automaton-Viewer

Supports:
BSFKL, Extended Generations, Regenerating Generations, Naive Rules, R1 Moore, R2 Cross and R2 Von Neumann INT
And some others...
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by BokaBB »

Good news! Hunting's computer is back!
We are now able to make circuits and other things!
Please apgsearch my rules and explore them!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by yujh »

BokaBB wrote: May 10th, 2020, 6:37 pm Good news! Hunting's computer is back!
We are now able to make circuits and other things!
Please apgsearch my rules and explore them!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
You guys PM each other?
Anyway, I may search for it.
I’ve got a Pi to boat(11 ticks, which is absolutely useless,
And a Pi to Pi, leaves two loaves, and due to the pi’s position(it turns back) it is also useless.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: May 10th, 2020, 7:20 pm
BokaBB wrote: May 10th, 2020, 6:37 pm Good news! Hunting's computer is back!
We are now able to make circuits and other things!
Please apgsearch my rules and explore them!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
You guys PM each other?
Anyway, I may search for it.
I’ve got a Pi to boat(11 ticks, which is absolutely useless,
And a Pi to Pi, leaves two loaves, and due to the pi’s position(it turns back) it is also useless.
Yes, I PMed BokaBB with the title "Good news".

I'm still working on completely overhaul Kittyst - it will be as strong (but probably not as fast, since it's completely unoptimized) as (at least some of) the CGoL search tools when I release it again.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by BokaBB »

Hunting,please do not forget to submit at least 1 Pi puffer life C1 haul daily!
Also,new official names:
p22 is now officially called Back and Forth!
p23 is now officially called Hypernova!
p70:I am rather for name ,,Rigel" than ,,Spiral", unless you have used it for LeapLife p24!
Enjoy your life,keep exploring my rules and be nice!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: May 11th, 2020, 9:33 am Hunting,please do not forget to submit at least 1 Pi puffer life C1 haul daily!
Ah, damn, how did I forgot! I'm doing it now, thanks for noticing me.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by Hunting »

Explosive growth. run with QuickLife, HashLife can't deal with chaotic regions.

Code: Select all

x = 32, y = 20, rule = B34c/S234y8
10bo$10bo$10bo3$bo$o$o$2o$29b3o9$23bo2bo$23b3o!
And yes, puffers does spawn from it naturally, e. g. around gen 110k.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: May 12th, 2020, 7:16 am Explosive growth. run with QuickLife, HashLife can't deal with chaotic regions.

Code: Select all

x = 32, y = 20, rule = B34c/S234y8
7010bo$7010bo$7010bo3$7001bo$7000bo$7000bo$7000b2o$7029b3o9$7023bo2bo$7023b3o7000$o!
#C [[ MAXGRIDSIZE 14 ]]
And yes, puffers does spawn from it naturally, e. g. around gen 110k.
Trying to run in lifeviewer
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by BokaBB »

JP21,please apgsearch and explore Pi puffer life,my best rule so far!
Also, Hunting,do not forget to submit daily haul!Please add it to your To - do list!
Also,do we have ANDNOT gate?If not,please try to make it!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
lemon41625
Posts: 370
Joined: January 24th, 2020, 7:39 am
Location: 小红点 (if you know where that is)

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by lemon41625 »

Glider to Pi Convertor (Destroyed in the process, also 2G Synth for Pi are known so not very useful)

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 8, rule = B34c/S234y8History
4.3D$2C4.D$2C2.3D3$7.3C$7.C$8.C!
Found this reaction where the Pi turns 2 boats to a mirrored dock (not very useful though)

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 8, rule = B34c/S234y8
2bobo$2bobo$2b3o3$b2ob2o$obobobo$bo3bo!
Block Pipe Thing makes Pi go further (Destroyed in the process, so not very useful)

Code: Select all

x = 103, y = 362, rule = B34c/S234y8
2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o
27b2o$2o27b2o3$2o27b2o$2o27b2o2$14b3o83b3o$2o12bobo12b2o69bobo$2o12bob
o12b2o69bobo!
Download CAViewer: https://github.com/jedlimlx/Cellular-Automaton-Viewer

Supports:
BSFKL, Extended Generations, Regenerating Generations, Naive Rules, R1 Moore, R2 Cross and R2 Von Neumann INT
And some others...
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by yujh »

No successful conduits yet.
Hard because I can’t invite Calcyman. :(
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: May 14th, 2020, 10:48 am JP21,please apgsearch and explore Pi puffer life,my best rule so far!
He can't.
Also, Hunting,do not forget to submit daily haul!Please add it to your To - do list!
Will do.
Also,do we have ANDNOT gate?If not,please try to make it!
Should be easy to make with known components.
lemon41625 wrote: May 14th, 2020, 11:01 pm Glider to Pi Convertor (Destroyed in the process, also 2G Synth for Pi are known so not very useful)

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 8, rule = B34c/S234y8History
4.3D$2C4.D$2C2.3D3$7.3C$7.C$8.C!
Works in Life as well. If we can restore the block by some kind of magical process
Found this reaction where the Pi turns 2 boats to a mirrored dock (not very useful though)

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 8, rule = B34c/S234y8
2bobo$2bobo$2b3o3$b2ob2o$obobobo$bo3bo!
Dock is an eater-eater weld, so I except this to be useful enough.
yujh wrote: May 14th, 2020, 11:31 pm No successful conduits yet.
Hard because I can’t invite Calcyman. :(
Calcyman is not known for conduits - Kazyan is, I think, but most of those people are unlikely to be interested in PiPufferLife.

I'm still working on Kittyst - it should support multiple catalysts in v1.2.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: May 15th, 2020, 12:46 am
yujh wrote: May 14th, 2020, 11:31 pm No successful conduits yet.
Hard because I can’t invite Calcyman. :(
Calcyman is not known for conduits - Kazyan is, I think, but most of those people are unlikely to be interested in PiPufferLife.

I'm still working on Kittyst - it should support multiple catalysts in v1.2.
No.
I mean eater2 being killed by B4c
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
bubblegum
Posts: 961
Joined: August 25th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Location: click here to do nothing

Re: Pi puffer life - rule balanced beetwen stability and expansion

Post by bubblegum »

lemon4l625 wrote: May 7th, 2020, 6:47 am (Also for some reason this pattern works in Golly but not in lifeviewer)

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = B34c/S234y8:K10,10*
2$bobo3b2o$6b3o$7bo$b2o4bo$4bobo$5bo!
Ah. Golly and LV place patterns on bounded grids differently. LV centres a pattern while Golly places it at the top.
In this case

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 9, rule = B34c/S234y8:K10,10*
2bobo3b2o$7b3o$8bo$2b2o4bo$5bobo$6bo!
would work for LV but not for Golly which would display

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 9, rule = B34c/S234y8:K10,10*
2bobo3b2o$7b3o$8bo$2b2o4bo$5bobo$6bo4$!
instead.

A more effective solution is to simply include a #CXRLE tag

Code: Select all

#CXRLE Pos=-3,-3 Gen=0
x = 8, y = 6, rule = B34c/S234y8:K10,10*
obo3b2o$5b3o$6bo$2o4bo$3bobo$4bo!
(for those of you who are confused about K10,10* it stands for klein bottle, i.e. a torus but one side is flipped before joining them up and shifts can only be on the flipped side and only if that side's dimension is even and all shifts are equivalent to 1)
Each day is a hidden opportunity, a frozen waterfall that's waiting to be realised, and one that I'll probably be ignoring
sonata wrote:July 2nd, 2020, 8:33 pmconwaylife signatures are amazing[citation needed]
anything
Post Reply