Improved WireWorld
Improved WireWorld
This is my proposal for the improvement of rhe WireWorld.
States:
Basic wire
Electron head
Electron tail
Battery:Once when sparked,creates a spark every 5 generations. When sparked again(from special wires),it will stop.
Special wire:Spark can pass from basic wire from it,but not from it to the badic wire. On the other hand,spark from it can pass to battery to activate/deactivate it,but cannot from battery to it.
Brute-force wire:All spark touching it will ONLY pass to it and not to any other wire. There are uses such as preventing spark from battery to go where it is not wanted and preventing spark ,,explosions"(massive amounts of spark harrasing around the system).
Transmitter:Receives spark only from brute - force wire and sends it to basic or special wire,but not to brute - force wire.
Spark backer:At first it will suck up spark as brute - force wire,but it will after that emit it to all avaiable wires. This would also happen without it,but it also allows spark to back from the place of its origin. It will not do that if it has more than one neighbouring electron head.
All these additions might make useful things much smaller. Also,I am 100% open for new proposals.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
States:
Basic wire
Electron head
Electron tail
Battery:Once when sparked,creates a spark every 5 generations. When sparked again(from special wires),it will stop.
Special wire:Spark can pass from basic wire from it,but not from it to the badic wire. On the other hand,spark from it can pass to battery to activate/deactivate it,but cannot from battery to it.
Brute-force wire:All spark touching it will ONLY pass to it and not to any other wire. There are uses such as preventing spark from battery to go where it is not wanted and preventing spark ,,explosions"(massive amounts of spark harrasing around the system).
Transmitter:Receives spark only from brute - force wire and sends it to basic or special wire,but not to brute - force wire.
Spark backer:At first it will suck up spark as brute - force wire,but it will after that emit it to all avaiable wires. This would also happen without it,but it also allows spark to back from the place of its origin. It will not do that if it has more than one neighbouring electron head.
All these additions might make useful things much smaller. Also,I am 100% open for new proposals.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- yujh
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
- Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
- Contact:
Re: Improved WireWorld
Where’s the rule table?BokaBB wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 7:13 am This is my proposal for the improvement of rhe WireWorld.
States:
Basic wire
Electron head
Electron tail
Battery:Once when sparked,creates a spark every 5 generations. When sparked again(from special wires),it will stop.
Special wire:Spark can pass from basic wire from it,but not from it to the badic wire. On the other hand,spark from it can pass to battery to activate/deactivate it,but cannot from battery to it.
Brute-force wire:All spark touching it will ONLY pass to it and not to any other wire. There are uses such as preventing spark from battery to go where it is not wanted and preventing spark ,,explosions"(massive amounts of spark harrasing around the system).
Transmitter:Receives spark only from brute - force wire and sends it to basic or special wire,but not to brute - force wire.
Spark backer:At first it will suck up spark as brute - force wire,but it will after that emit it to all avaiable wires. This would also happen without it,but it also allows spark to back from the place of its origin. It will not do that if it has more than one neighbouring electron head.
All these additions might make useful things much smaller. Also,I am 100% open for new proposals.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Rule modifier
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Re: Improved WireWorld
There is no rule table,all settings are always the same. It should be saves as the RuleLoader file.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- yujh
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
- Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
- Contact:
Re: Improved WireWorld
If you want to explore it, where’s the rule file?BokaBB wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 7:45 am There is no rule table,all settings are always the same. It should be saves as the RuleLoader file.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Rule modifier
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Re: Improved WireWorld
Nonexistent, I think he wants somebody else to make it for him.
Boka, things like this should go in the rule request thread.
EDIT: Also, rules which you have created (not requests) par exemple Resistant, Farespa, RotoHooks, Writers, Pi-reps, GemLife, MilkyLife, RotoBlocks, generally should go into these threads.
Each day is a hidden opportunity, a frozen waterfall that's waiting to be realised, and one that I'll probably be ignoring
anythingsonata wrote:July 2nd, 2020, 8:33 pmconwaylife signatures are amazing[citation needed]
- yujh
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
- Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
- Contact:
Re: Improved WireWorld
If you want to be careful, like Moosey.bubblegum wrote: April 23rd, 2020, 8:38 pmNonexistent, I think he wants somebody else to make it for him.
Boka, things like this should go in the rule request thread.
EDIT: Also, rules which you have created (not requests) par exemple Resistant, Farespa, RotoHooks, Writers, Pi-reps, GemLife, MilkyLife, RotoBlocks, generally should go into these threads.
Rule modifier
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Re: Improved WireWorld
I am DEFINITELY not going to do this. Instead,all my posts will be with four rules,expect the most interesting ones.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Improved WireWorld
Why? It's the forum's rule. People don't like spammy new threads just for ones that have "potential".BokaBB wrote: April 24th, 2020, 3:21 am I am DEFINITELY not going to do this. Instead,all my posts will be with four rules,expect the most interesting ones.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Improved WireWorld
Please do not speak like this.
What do you think about this?
Have a good day!
BokaBB
What do you think about this?
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Improved WireWorld
Okay,next time I will post rules first at the big thread. Please sorry for the previous argument.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- Redstoneboi
- Posts: 467
- Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am
Re: Improved WireWorld
This is the first time I've seen an attempt to improve WireWorld that results in making it far more difficult to work with. I would recommend thinking this through from a Cellular Automata view, instead of a "real circuitry" view, because you're straying further and further away from the point.
CA are supposed to have small interactions that can be put together to make more complex interactions. You're trying to force those complex interactions in tiny locations, so much so that it no longer works well with the simpler interactions you've built it upon.
It would've been useful if the different wires did something more practical.
You're giving us a "Battery" (actually a clock) that we could've made easily if you just gave us the more flexible XOR instead.
You're giving us a "Special wire" and a "Brute-force" and a "Spark backer" and a "Transmitter" that could've been done if you just gave us a smaller diode instead. You can trust us to make components clear.
I'll ask the question here: What exactly will this rule improve?
CA are supposed to have small interactions that can be put together to make more complex interactions. You're trying to force those complex interactions in tiny locations, so much so that it no longer works well with the simpler interactions you've built it upon.
It would've been useful if the different wires did something more practical.
You're giving us a "Battery" (actually a clock) that we could've made easily if you just gave us the more flexible XOR instead.
You're giving us a "Special wire" and a "Brute-force" and a "Spark backer" and a "Transmitter" that could've been done if you just gave us a smaller diode instead. You can trust us to make components clear.
I'll ask the question here: What exactly will this rule improve?
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
Re: Improved WireWorld
Will make objects much smaller.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Improved WireWorld
I think RSBoi's point is that such a system is expensive and that you could easily make objects even smaller if you just give us, say, six extra states for smaller diodes (diode head empty, diode tail empty, diode head head, diode tail head, diode head tail, and diode tail tail), which would give us a much more versatile system at the same price of adding the same number of states as only your "battery", which is already basically just a minimised clock, and that if you added only a handful more states (less than your other suggestions very easily) you could make a smaller XOR gate which could easily be more versatile than your "battery".
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
Re: Improved WireWorld
Please forget that this post exists.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Improved WireWorld
Please forget that this thread exists.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB