Yep, generation 8 of that pattern is generation 1 of gliders by the dozen's original form, and it's a pretty fitting name. I just wish there was no junk left behind, that would be cool.
Random posts
Re: Random posts
jarring cyan
Re: Random posts
Finite-population adjustable spaceships in non-BCT:
Code: Select all
x = 59, y = 3, rule = bct
E2A7.E2A7.E2A7.E2A7.E2A7.E2A2$3.E10.E10.E10.E10.E10.E!
Re: Random posts
There maybe drugs in gfind
There maybe fugs in gfind
There maybe jugs in gfind (99 jugs of ciders~~)
There maybe lugs in gfind
There maybe pugs in gfind
There maybe slugs in gfind
There maybe tugs in gfind
There maybe vugs in gfind
There maybe brugs in gfind
There maybe dogs in gfind
There maybe copperhead in zfind
There maybe fugs in gfind
There maybe jugs in gfind (99 jugs of ciders~~)
There maybe lugs in gfind
There maybe pugs in gfind
There maybe slugs in gfind
There maybe tugs in gfind
There maybe vugs in gfind
There maybe brugs in gfind
There maybe dogs in gfind
There maybe copperhead in zfind
Re: Random posts
Continuation of what Hunting said:
There maybe dugs in gfind
There maybe chugs in gfind
There maybe hugs in gfind
There maybe mugs in gfind
There maybe clugs in gfind
There maybe hogs in gfind
There maybe logs in gfind
There maybe frags in gfind
There maybe begs in gfind
There maybe legs in gfind
There maybe goldenhead in zfind
There maybe dugs in gfind
There maybe chugs in gfind
There maybe hugs in gfind
There maybe mugs in gfind
There maybe clugs in gfind
There maybe hogs in gfind
There maybe logs in gfind
There maybe frags in gfind
There maybe begs in gfind
There maybe legs in gfind
There maybe goldenhead in zfind
Re: Random posts
There maybe loafer in WLSJP21 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 9:50 am Continuation of what Hunting said:
There maybe dugs in gfind
There maybe chugs in gfind
There maybe hugs in gfind
There maybe mugs in gfind
There maybe clugs in gfind
There maybe hogs in gfind
There maybe logs in gfind
There maybe frags in gfind
There maybe begs in gfind
There maybe legs in gfind
There maybe goldenhead in zfind
Re: Random posts
There maybe Geometrid in "pfind"
Re: Random posts
Last week(s), you became worse than Gustavo6046 himself.Hunting wrote: February 4th, 2020, 10:08 amI just want to bump this thread, to remind Gustavo of this thread, this community, and this everything.Gustavo6046 wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:21 pm I checked my Gmail, and surprise surprise! I believe I'll just change my avatar and other things. I want to look decent in here.
On topic, I believe I'll remake the CGOL player.
Sorry everyone.
I was like Gustavo when I joined this community.
Re: Random posts
How?JP21 wrote: April 17th, 2020, 11:19 amLast week(s), you became worse than Gustavo6046 himself.Hunting wrote: February 4th, 2020, 10:08 amI just want to bump this thread, to remind Gustavo of this thread, this community, and this everything.Gustavo6046 wrote: September 11th, 2018, 7:21 pm I checked my Gmail, and surprise surprise! I believe I'll just change my avatar and other things. I want to look decent in here.
On topic, I believe I'll remake the CGOL player.
Sorry everyone.
I was like Gustavo when I joined this community.
Re: Random posts
Here are the items I'm definitely going to do tommorrow, I will not 咕咕:
- Simulate BokaBB's rulespace
- Part of the synthesis database
- Blockic turner categorize program
- yujh
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
- Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
- Contact:
Re: Random posts
What is ‘咕咕’?Hunting wrote: April 17th, 2020, 12:29 pm Here are the items I'm definitely going to do tommorrow, I will not 咕咕:
- Simulate BokaBB's rulespace
- Part of the synthesis database
- Blockic turner categorize program
Rule modifier
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Re: Random posts
Guess that means 放鸽子 (to break one's promise).
The Red Phoenix, The Yellow Phoenix, The Pink Phoenix And The Multicolored Phoenix
Re: Random posts
I accidentally rediscovered... The I hate you.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 8, rule = B2n3/S23-q
bo4bo$obo2bobo$obo2bobo$b2o2b2o2$2b4o$2bo2bo$3b2o!
Re: Random posts
Unfortunately I'm probably still going to 鸽掉 some of them, my computer usage is limited today.
- yujh
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
- Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
- Contact:
Re: Random posts
User2360=Chinese confirmed.
Rule modifier
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Re: Random posts
please dvgrn i will pay you 2147483647 illegal memes to not give me another semi-automated warning
Re: Random posts
Codeholic in a single code box:
Code: Select all
x = 23, y = 18, rule = 2367/3457/5:T800,800
19.2A$19.AD2A$20.DBA$17.D.A2BA$16.C2.3A$15.B2D2A$14.A2CA$11.D.A2BA$6.
D3.C2.3A$4.2C3.B2D2A$4.2D2.A2CA$3.C2D.A2BA$2.2AD2.3A$.A2B2D2A$.AB2CA$
.2BCA$ADBA$3A!
Re: Random posts
Rulespace implementing draft with comprehensive descriptions (will only support M1 now but should be easy to modify):
Let's call the numbers in the bracket BI and SI while the numbers outside the bracket BO and SO.
Automatically run B(BI)BO/S(SI)SO for one generation (which is referred to as super-generation below)
1. Duplicate layer.
2. Run BBO/SBO for one generation. This sets all cells with BO neighbours to 1.
3. Run BBI/S for one generation. This sets all cells born in this super-generation to 1.
4. Set rule to 012345678//3.
5. Go back to the first layer. Duplicate layer.
6. Run //3 for one generation, that is, convert all cells to state 2.
7. Copy, switch to layer 2, paste with OR mode. This replaces all "born" cells that is actually alive in the original generation, about to be deleted.
8. Run one generation. Remember the rule in layer 2 right now is 012345678//3, so it deletes all state 2 cells.
9. Delete layer 1.
10. Duplicate layer.
11. Run BSO/SSO for one generation. This sets all cells with SO neighbours to 1.
12. Run BSI/S for one generation. This sets all cells that survives in this super-generation to 1.
13. Set rule to 012345678//3.
14. Go back to the first layer.
15. Run //3 for one generation, that is, convert all cells to state 2.
16. Copy, switch to layer 2, paste with OR mode. This sets all about-to-be-saved cells to state 2.
17. Convert all state 1 to state 2 and vice versa. This is probably the only part which needs actual programming, but should be trivial too.
18. Run one generation. Remember the rule in layer 2 right now is 012345678//3, so it deletes all state 2 cells.
19. Delete layer 0.
20. Finally, copy layer 1, and paste it onto layer 2 with OR mode. Yayyyy! We just advanced one generation!
...to be continued
This is not optimized at all and super messy, but I'm lazy to write the proper implementation, so I used a pile of rule combinations to process the pattern instead.
I will probably come up with a better algorithm that uses more features of Golly tomorrow or so, though.
Let's call the numbers in the bracket BI and SI while the numbers outside the bracket BO and SO.
Automatically run B(BI)BO/S(SI)SO for one generation (which is referred to as super-generation below)
1. Duplicate layer.
2. Run BBO/SBO for one generation. This sets all cells with BO neighbours to 1.
3. Run BBI/S for one generation. This sets all cells born in this super-generation to 1.
4. Set rule to 012345678//3.
5. Go back to the first layer. Duplicate layer.
6. Run //3 for one generation, that is, convert all cells to state 2.
7. Copy, switch to layer 2, paste with OR mode. This replaces all "born" cells that is actually alive in the original generation, about to be deleted.
8. Run one generation. Remember the rule in layer 2 right now is 012345678//3, so it deletes all state 2 cells.
9. Delete layer 1.
10. Duplicate layer.
11. Run BSO/SSO for one generation. This sets all cells with SO neighbours to 1.
12. Run BSI/S for one generation. This sets all cells that survives in this super-generation to 1.
13. Set rule to 012345678//3.
14. Go back to the first layer.
15. Run //3 for one generation, that is, convert all cells to state 2.
16. Copy, switch to layer 2, paste with OR mode. This sets all about-to-be-saved cells to state 2.
17. Convert all state 1 to state 2 and vice versa. This is probably the only part which needs actual programming, but should be trivial too.
18. Run one generation. Remember the rule in layer 2 right now is 012345678//3, so it deletes all state 2 cells.
19. Delete layer 0.
20. Finally, copy layer 1, and paste it onto layer 2 with OR mode. Yayyyy! We just advanced one generation!
...to be continued
This is not optimized at all and super messy, but I'm lazy to write the proper implementation, so I used a pile of rule combinations to process the pattern instead.
I will probably come up with a better algorithm that uses more features of Golly tomorrow or so, though.
Last edited by Hunting on April 18th, 2020, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Random posts
Registered users: Bing [Bot], blah, calcyman, creeperman7002, cvojan, EvinZL, gameoflifemaniac, Google Adsense [Bot], Hunting, JP21, simsim314, skomick
- yujh
- Posts: 3154
- Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
- Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
- Contact:
Re: Random posts
Seriously, you didn’t sleep yesterday?(today)Hunting wrote: April 18th, 2020, 12:00 pm Registered users: Bing [Bot], blah, calcyman, creeperman7002, cvojan, EvinZL, gameoflifemaniac, Google Adsense [Bot], Hunting, JP21, simsim314, skomick
Rule modifier
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7
Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Re: Random posts
I'm always awake, remember?
Re: Random posts
Limited computer usage again, I'm probably not going to finish the synth database soon. (I don't have Golly installed in my phone and even if I have it will certainly be deleted for "my good.") I will still edit LifeWiki and LeapWiki.