Random posts

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

JP21 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:57 pm
Hunting wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:50 pm
JP21 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 8:43 pm
WOW!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!! I FINALLY GOT 2000 POSTS!!! (Didn't realize until today though)

YAYYYYYY!!!
But this is actually your 2000th post:
Hunting wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:44 pm
bubblegum wrote: March 27th, 2020, 9:53 pm
I-I'm sorry? Do you mean the B2n-utilising 2G collision?
Moosey, from the main thread, wrote:

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 9, rule = B2n3/S23-q
bo$o$3o4$2b3o$4bo$3bo!
Yep. I mean: "You helped, remember?"
>:(
[/quote]

Oh oh, yeah yeah yeah, I messed up.
PkmnQ
Posts: 1140
Joined: September 24th, 2018, 6:35 am
Location: Server antipode

Re: Random posts

Post by PkmnQ »

JP21 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:57 pm
Hunting wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:50 pm
JP21 wrote: March 27th, 2020, 8:43 pm
WOW!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!! I FINALLY GOT 2000 POSTS!!! (Didn't realize until today though)

YAYYYYYY!!!
But this is actually your 2000th post:
Hunting wrote: March 27th, 2020, 11:44 pm
bubblegum wrote: March 27th, 2020, 9:53 pm
I-I'm sorry? Do you mean the B2n-utilising 2G collision?
Moosey, from the main thread, wrote:

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 9, rule = B2n3/S23-q
bo$o$3o4$2b3o$4bo$3bo!
Yep. I mean: "You helped, remember?"
Excuse me but accidental Aidan’t mode
[/quote]
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hey guys the most important thing is how often you post your post*how long will you live
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

yujh wrote: March 28th, 2020, 6:27 am Hey guys the most important thing is how often you post your post*how long will you live
Ok.
Unrelated:
Hunting is being trolled hard... It would hit him so hard with disappointment if he didn't realized the troll. It would probably fail though.
A guy aiming to understand everything.

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
11b2o$11b2o4$8b2o$8b2o2$2o$2o3$3b2o$3b2o2$11b2o$10b2o$12bo$3b2o$3b2o!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

JP21 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 6:42 am
yujh wrote: March 28th, 2020, 6:27 am Hey guys the most important thing is how often you post your post*how long will you live
Ok.
Unrelated:
Hunting is being trolled hard... It would hit him so hard with disappointment if he didn't realized the troll. It would probably fail though.
Poor Hunting!(A while before I got 7 posts per day, and then...)
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

I would imagine the second the first post in the tread came out, and said:one posts.100%of all posts :D :lol:
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Random posts

Post by gameoflifemaniac »

wut?
Attachments
wut?
wut?
wut.png (4.71 KiB) Viewed 6533 times
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
User avatar
PHPBB12345
Posts: 1150
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by PHPBB12345 »

asin(x) = atan2(x,sqrt(1-x*x))
acos(x) = atan2(sqrt(1-x*x),x)
atan(x) = atan2(x,1)
acot(x) = atan2(1,x)
asec(x) = atan2(x*x-1,1)
acsc(x) = atan2(1,x*x-1)
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

PHPBB12345 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 9:23 pm asin(x) = atan2(x,sqrt(1-x*x))
acos(x) = atan2(sqrt(1-x*x),x)
atan(x) = atan2(x,1)
acot(x) = atan2(1,x)
asec(x) = atan2(x*x-1,1)
acsc(x) = atan2(1,x*x-1)
Ok boomer.
r/woooosh.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

JP21 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 10:25 pm
PHPBB12345 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 9:23 pm asin(x) = atan2(x,sqrt(1-x*x))
acos(x) = atan2(sqrt(1-x*x),x)
atan(x) = atan2(x,1)
acot(x) = atan2(1,x)
asec(x) = atan2(x*x-1,1)
acsc(x) = atan2(1,x*x-1)
Ok boomer.
r/woooosh.
What is that?
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Moosey »

yujh wrote: March 29th, 2020, 12:56 am
JP21 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 10:25 pm
PHPBB12345 wrote: March 28th, 2020, 9:23 pm asin(x) = atan2(x,sqrt(1-x*x))
acos(x) = atan2(sqrt(1-x*x),x)
atan(x) = atan2(x,1)
acot(x) = atan2(1,x)
asec(x) = atan2(x*x-1,1)
acsc(x) = atan2(1,x*x-1)
Ok boomer.
r/woooosh.
What is that?
Someone who doesn't care about trig identities evidently</snarkypost>
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1925
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: MX
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by JP21 »

Hunting wrote: March 29th, 2020, 7:40 am
JP21 wrote: December 20th, 2019, 11:15 am
toroidalet wrote: December 14th, 2019, 12:28 pm @JP21, please don't post completely unrelated questions outside of "anything goes" sandbox. It adds useless clutter and not much else.

@EV2, the best current solution is to save your patterns frequently. Also, I don't think that switching to QuickLife will really help, since (at least for me) when Golly stops responding, it usually does so out of the blue while I'm doing something else.
Still, I think there should be some sort of "autosave" feature, and I think I requested one at some point (but in confusing language).
I would actually like the autosave feature added already.
I agree. Just like Sublime.
No. That post was a part of dominating the forums for the first time (and last time). Allow me to explain. I was making more than 2 posts per day and that felt weird because I suppose to only make 2 posts per day then, I checked back on the board index and seen my recent post (days ago), my new posts then I decided to dominate the forums after that.
Hahaha! Nobody have ever thought about that! I'm the first one LOL I can't believe I forgot to post it here for a TRULY long time!!!
Here is the image kept secret for a long long time:
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-12-20-23-15-37.png
Screenshot_2019-12-20-23-15-37.png (858.06 KiB) Viewed 6496 times
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Random posts

Post by gameoflifemaniac »

i love memes
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

gameoflifemaniac wrote: March 29th, 2020, 11:24 am i love memes
+1
+2147483647
+998244353
User avatar
otismo
Posts: 1591
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 1:41 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by otismo »

it doesn't take too long and we know who we want to follow -

and who we want to ignore...
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Random posts

Post by gameoflifemaniac »

First caterer soup found by me

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
ooobbbboobbobobo$
oobbbbbboboboboo$
bbobobobbbbbbbbo$
boboboobbbbbbbob$
boboobbooboobbbo$
bobbobbboobbobob$
bbobobbbbobboooo$
booboobbbbboobbo$
bbbobobobbbbbbbo$
bbbobbobooobbboo$
bbbooobbooobbbbb$
bbobbbbobbboobbo$
ooobobbbbbbooooo$
bboobobbbobboooo$
booobbobobobobob$
oobboooboobbbobb!
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

First rule table I have ever made

Super boring classical photon rule

Code: Select all

@RULE PhotonCircuitryTest

@TABLE

n_states:4
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:rotate4reflect
var a={0,1,2,3}
var b={0,1,2,3}
var c={0,1,2,3}
var d={0,1,2,3}
var e={0,1,2,3}
var f={0,1,2,3}
var g={0,1,2,3}
var h={0,1,2,3}
var i={0,3}
var j={0,3}
var k={0,3}
var l={0,3}
var m={0,3}
var n={0,3}
var o={0,3}

# Photon
0,1,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,1
0,1,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2
2,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
0,1,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,1
1,a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,2
2,a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,0

# Blocker
3,a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,3
0,0,2,1,3,j,k,l,m,1
Splitter:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 1, rule = PhotonCircuitryTest
BA3.C!
Reflector:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 2, rule = PhotonCircuitryTest
4.C$BA3.C!
XOR-gate:

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 16, rule = PhotonCircuitryTest
18.C$BA6.BA$17.C8$18.A$18.B3$18.A$18.B!
Seemingly chaotic:

Code: Select all

x = 117, y = 53, rule = PhotonCircuitryTest
115.C$BA14.C$113.C$18.C97.C$15.C95.C$20.C93.C$17.C91.C$22.C89.C$19.C
87.C$24.C85.C$21.C83.C$26.C81.C$23.C79.C$28.C77.C$25.C75.C$30.C73.C$
27.C71.C$32.C69.C$29.C67.C$34.C65.C$31.C63.C$36.C61.C$33.C59.C$38.C
57.C$35.C55.C$40.C53.C$37.C51.C$42.C49.C$39.C47.C$44.C45.C$41.C43.C$
46.C41.C$43.C39.C$48.C37.C$45.C35.C$50.C33.C$47.C31.C$52.C29.C$49.C
27.C$54.C25.C$51.C23.C$56.C21.C$53.C19.C$58.C17.C$55.C15.C$60.C13.C$
57.C11.C$62.C9.C$59.C7.C$64.C5.C$61.C$68.C$63.C!
Feedback loop:

Code: Select all

x = 95, y = 88, rule = PhotonCircuitryTest
.B$.A5$2.C90.C$C93.C2$3.C$.C76$.C92.C$2.C90.C!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

Boredom

Code: Select all

x = 49, y = 49, rule = Snakes
14.A7$31.A7$48.A3$7.A7$24.A7$41.A3$A4$22.A$22.A$22.A$17.A4.B$22.C6$
34.A!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Are we having a new Chinese here?(user Id=2343)
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Boring.

Code: Select all

x = 132, y = 49, rule = Snakes
77A$A65.66A$A.AK127.A$A130.A$A.AK127.A$A130.A$A.AK127.A$A130.A$A.2AK
126.A$A130.A$A.2AK126.A$A130.A$A.2AK126.A$A130.A$A.3AK125.A$A130.A$A.
3AK125.A$A130.A$A.3AK125.A$A130.A$A.5AK123.A$A130.A$A.5AK123.A$A130.A
$A.5AK123.A$A130.A$A.7AK121.A$A130.A$A.7AK121.A$A130.A$A.7AK121.A$A
130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$
A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A130.A$A18.113A$20A200$500AK!
Last edited by yujh on March 30th, 2020, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 12:59 am Are we having a new Chinese here?(user Id=2343)
I think you mean 2342.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:23 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 12:59 am Are we having a new Chinese here?(user Id=2343)
I think you mean 2342.
Yep.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:38 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:23 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 12:59 am Are we having a new Chinese here?(user Id=2343)
I think you mean 2342.
Yep.
We'll never know until he posted. (Or maybe that's just a spambot who never posts. There are plenty of users in this forum.)
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by yujh »

Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:41 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:38 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:23 am

I think you mean 2342.
Yep.
We'll never know until he posted. (Or maybe that's just a spambot who never posts. There are plenty of users in this forum.)
Yeah, a lot of people has 0 or only one post.(You can still know if someone is from China if their location shows China, or if he posted, he may not use Chinese.)
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Random posts

Post by Hunting »

yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:48 am
Hunting wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:41 am
yujh wrote: March 30th, 2020, 1:38 am

Yep.
We'll never know until he posted. (Or maybe that's just a spambot who never posts. There are plenty of users in this forum.)
Yeah, a lot of people has 0 or only one post.(You can still know if someone is from China if their location shows China, or if he posted, he may not use Chinese.)
I know, but I'm always guessing that if a people have bad spelling and grammar, he probably does not have English as his first language.

P. S. I just noticed one of MikeP's latest post is claiming I was stealing pattern, and I actually DID that... So that was me in 2018.
Locked