LeapLife Naming Proposals
LeapLife Naming Proposals
Post your suggestions for LeapLife pattern naming here.
Spaceships
Smallest spaceship of each unsimplified speed:
c/5d: 194P5H1V1
(2, 1)c/8: Lepa
c/2o: 60P2H1V0
c/3o: 31P3H1V0
c/4o: 43P4H1V0
c/5o: 291P5H1V0
c/6o: 110P6H1V0
2c/5o: 61P5H2V0
2c/6o: 77P6H2V0
2c/7o: Crawfish
The first spaceship to be discovered in a certain unsimplified speed:
c/3o: 114P3H1V0
c/4o: 419P4H1V0
2c/5o: 192P4H1V0
... To be continued
Spaceships
Smallest spaceship of each unsimplified speed:
c/5d: 194P5H1V1
(2, 1)c/8: Lepa
c/2o: 60P2H1V0
c/3o: 31P3H1V0
c/4o: 43P4H1V0
c/5o: 291P5H1V0
c/6o: 110P6H1V0
2c/5o: 61P5H2V0
2c/6o: 77P6H2V0
2c/7o: Crawfish
The first spaceship to be discovered in a certain unsimplified speed:
c/3o: 114P3H1V0
c/4o: 419P4H1V0
2c/5o: 192P4H1V0
... To be continued
Last edited by Hunting on March 23rd, 2020, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
I’m gonna hop over to the LeapLife thread to see some of the spaceships
Edit:
I’m thinking that the c/5d ship should be named after something about its sparks.
Maybe “Bow Oboe” because one of it’s sparks is bo$obo?
Edit:
I’m thinking that the c/5d ship should be named after something about its sparks.
Code: Select all
x = 43, y = 43, rule = B2n3/S23-q
37bobo$37bo2bo$33b4o4bo$33b3o3bo2bo$29b3o$32b2o7b2o$29b2o3bo5bo$30bo4b
o3b2o$34bobo2b2o$27bo2bo6bob2o$27bobo7bo$26bo3bo7bo$28bob2obob2obo$20b
5obobo3bo3bobo$21bo4bo2b2o$21bob2o7b2o$24bobob2obo$20b2o2bo$24b4obo$19b
2ob2o3bobo$12bo7bob2o5bo$12b2o6bo4bob3o$16bo3b4obo3bo$11b2o3bo6bo$11b
o4bo$8b2o3b2o$8bo9b3o$7bobo$8b2o7bo$5bo2bo8bo3bo$3b2obobo10bob2o$bo4b
2o10b2o$o3b3o$5bo8b2obo$3b3o6b3ob2o$7bo3bo3bo$o2bo6b3o$4obo2b3o2bo$2o
2bo3bobobo$5b2obo3bo$5bo$4b2o5bo$4b3o3bo!Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
pun intended?
Well, the c/5d ship is not the only spaceship with a V-spark. See the c/5o ship.
Last edited by Hunting on March 12th, 2020, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Have the p22 or p24 been named?
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Nope. I myself call the p22 "Rolling bone" and the p24 "Spiral"
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
I'd say shorten it to "Oboe"
For no good reason
Other than that means we can call an oboe distaff an organ
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
I don't see what can it do with its sparks though remember LeapLife is a stable rule
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Maybe then we should call one Oboe and the other Bow Oboe.Hunting wrote: March 12th, 2020, 2:19 am Well, the c/5d ship is not the only spaceship with a V-spark. See the c/5o ship.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Why do I feel like naming the P24 oscillator Rigel? It's not even a good name and the name had nothing to do with it.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
参宿七? Okay then.JP21 wrote: March 12th, 2020, 6:58 pm Why do I feel like naming the P24 oscillator Rigel? It's not even a good name and the name had nothing to do with it.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
p24: Rotator
p22: Rollor
I made the 2 names similar because one replaced(?) the other.
p22: Rollor
I made the 2 names similar because one replaced(?) the other.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
For me, Rotator is such a common name while Rollor is fine.PkmnQ wrote: March 13th, 2020, 8:58 am p24: Rotator
p22: Rollor
I made the 2 names similar because one replaced(?) the other.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Let me take a crack at this.
Code: Select all
x = 371, y = 231, rule = B2n3/S23-q
100$164bo$144bo19bo37b2ob2o$114bo4bo20b3ob2o17bobo34b2obobob2o$113b3o
2b3o18bo5b2o51bobo7bobo$112b2o6b2o17bo2bo54b2o2bobobobo2b2o$111b4ob2o
b4o14bo5bo17b3o33b2o3bo3bo3b2o12b2o11b2o35bo5bo$114bo4bo17bob2o3bo15b
o37bob2o5b2obo12bo2bob3ob3obo2bo34b2o3b2o$113bo6bo16bo6bo19bo35b3o3b3o
14bob2o2bobobo2b2obo13bo19bo2bobo2bo$115bo2bo21bo19bo3b2o36bo3bo17bob
2obobobob2obo12b5o18bobobobo$109b3ob2o4b2ob3o14b2o2b2o14b2o5b2o30bo3b
o3bo3bo15bo9bo13b2o3b2o17bo5bo$109bo14bo13bo6bo17bo2b2o30bo2b2o3b2o2b
o15bo3bobo3bo37bo5bo$111bo10bo16b2obo23bo30b2obo7bob2o12b3o2bobobo2b3o
11bo2bo2bo13bobo2b2ob2o2bobo25b3o9b3o$108b2obo10bob2o17b2o21b2o30bobo
2bobo2bobo18bobobo16bo5bo12bo2bo9bo2bo26bo9bo$165b3o30bob4ob4obo16bo7b
o12bo3bobo3bo10bo15bo27bo7bo$105b3o18b3o69bobob2ob2obobo17bo5bo11b2ob
o2bobo2bob2o52bo7bo$105bo22bo34bobo36bo3bo22b2ob2o13bo3bo3bo3bo9b2o13b
2o24bo5b3o5bo$162bo39b2ob2o21b3ob3o10bo3bo7bo3bo7b4o9b4o25b3o7b3o$104b
2o22b2o32b2o36bo7bo20bo3bo17bo3bo14bob2o7b2obo27bo3bobo3bo$162bo37bob
o3bobo16b2o3bobo3b2o8bo4bo3bo4bo9bobo2bo3bo2bobo27bo2bo3bo2bo$138b3ob
obobobo13bo34b2o11b2o13b2o2bo3bo2b2o9bo4bobo4bo9b2o3bo5bo3b2o26bo3bob
o3bo$138bo3bobobobo14bo33bo3bo5bo3bo13b5obob5o10b3obobob3o14bo2bobo2b
o33bo3bo$107b3ob3ob3obo2bo2b3o10b3obobobobo77bo4bo4bo10b2o9b2o54b2o3b
2o$107bobobobobobobo2bo2bobo12bobobobobo11b2o64bo9bo10bo11bo15b2ob2o33b
obo3bobo$107b3ob3obobobo2bo2bobo10b3ob3o2bo13bo37b3o5b3o17b9o12bo9bo16b
2ob2o34b3ob3o$107bobobo3bobobo2bo2bobo13bo3bo3bo10b3o34b3o9b3o15bobo3b
obo39bobobo34b2o3b2o$107bobobo3b3ob2ob2ob3o31b2ob2o66bobo$201bob3obo17b
3o2b3o2b3o$201bo5bo$198b4o5b4o$199bo2bo3bo2bo19b2ob2o13b2o2b2ob3ob3o$
156b2ob3ob3obobob3ob2obo49bo5bo12bobobo2bobobobo8bobobob3o2b2o2b3obob
obo10b2ob3ob3obobobo2b3ob3ob2obobo$156bo3bo2bobobobobobobob2o19b3o7b3o
17bo2bo2bo12b2o2b2ob3ob2o9bobobo2bo3bobobobobobobo10bo2bobobobobobobo
2bo4bo2bo2bobo$156b2o2bo2b3ob3obobobob2o20b2o7b2o17bo7bo11bobobo2bobo
bobo8bobobo2bo3bobobobobobobo10bo2b2o2b3obobobo2b3o2bo2b2ob3o$157bo2b
o2bo3bobobobobob2o19b2obo5bob2o18b2ob2o13b2o2b2obobobobo8bobobo2bo3bo
bobobobobobo10bo2bobobobobobobo2bo4bo3bobobo$156b2ob3obo3bobob3obob2o
20b3o5b3o15bo11bo31b5ob3o2b3ob3ob5o10b2obobobobob5o2bo3b3ob2obobo$199b
2o7b2o15b2obo5bob2o$198bobo7bobo13b4o7b4o$164b3ob3o27bob2o5b2obo12b2o
13b2o$164bobobobo27bo11bo$164bobob2o29bo2bo3bo2bo$164b3obobo32bobo$203b
obo$203bobo$200b2obobob2o$157b2o3b3ob3ob3ob3o22bo3bobo3bo$157bobo2bob
o2bo2bo4bo22b2ob2o3b2ob2o11b5ob3ob2obob3ob3ob2o$157bobo2b2o3bo2b3o2bo
2b2o20bo7bo13bobobobobobob2o2bo3bo2bo$157bobo2bobo2bo2bo4bo46bobobob3o
bob2o2bo3bo3bo$157b3o2bobob3obo4bo22bo11bo11bobobobobobob2o2bo2b3ob2o
$197bobo9bobo$197bo13bo$162bobobob3ob3ob2o21b2o3bo3b2o$162bobobobobob
obobobo23bobobo$162bobobobobobobobobo19bob4ob4obo$163bobo2b3ob3ob3o18b
2o11b2o$198bo3bo3bo3bo$198bob4ob4obo$199b2o2bobo2b2o$203bobo$202b2ob2o
$203bobo$201bobobobo$200bo2bobo2bo$200bo2bobo2bo$201b3ob3o$200bobo3bo
bo$201bobobobo$204bo$202b5o8$190bobobob3ob3ob3obobob3ob3o$190bobobobo
bobobobo3bobo2bo2bobo$190bobobob3ob2o2b3ob3o2bo2b3o$190bobobobobobobo
3bobobo2bo2bo$190b5obobobobob3obobob3obo!
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Yeah, I will not be naming much... If I don't like a single name I see (in the future where most pattern had been named) , I will not be with LeapLife anymore (only even more rarely.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Oh noes!JP21 wrote: March 13th, 2020, 6:12 pm Yeah, I will not be naming much... If I don't like a single name I see (in the future where most pattern had been named) , I will not be with LeapLife anymore (only even more rarely.
I agree with Crawfish, but Warship interfere with many things.
No it didn't. Good name.PkmnQ wrote: March 13th, 2020, 8:58 am p24: Rotator
p22: Rollor
I made the 2 names similar because one replaced(?) the other.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Yeah I kinda figured it would. All I did to check was I searched the lifewiki to see if there was no results.Hunting wrote: March 13th, 2020, 11:30 pm
I agree with Crawfish, but Warship interfere with many things.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Sorry for necroposting. See here for a list of unnamed notable patterns.
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
how about a Must See collection
an Oscillator Stamp
a SS Stamp
@ Hunting
you probably need a Forum like this one ( web site )
dedicated to LeapLife - but you would soon find
it requires an absolutely HUGE amount of work
to maintain as an ongoing, viable Enterprise
I wish I had TIME for other CA
as it stands, I can barely keep up with CGoL
I am an Artist, like to make Oscillating Pix
but no time for even that -
C10 Construction
Signal Circuitry
UC - SlowSalvo - FixedConduit
Python/Lua Scripts
Search Programs
You could dedicate your Life to this !
Is it going to pay the Bills ?
No !
Not mine, anyway...
and I need to find a new Residence here in Florida, so I will be absent, for a while...
an Oscillator Stamp
a SS Stamp
@ Hunting
you probably need a Forum like this one ( web site )
dedicated to LeapLife - but you would soon find
it requires an absolutely HUGE amount of work
to maintain as an ongoing, viable Enterprise
I wish I had TIME for other CA
as it stands, I can barely keep up with CGoL
I am an Artist, like to make Oscillating Pix
but no time for even that -
C10 Construction
Signal Circuitry
UC - SlowSalvo - FixedConduit
Python/Lua Scripts
Search Programs
You could dedicate your Life to this !
Is it going to pay the Bills ?
No !
Not mine, anyway...
and I need to find a new Residence here in Florida, so I will be absent, for a while...
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
Re: LeapLife Naming Proposals
Oscillator stamp is already on the LeapLife thread, containing all the oscillators discovered until, uh, some point where the updaters (me) got lazy.otismo wrote: May 21st, 2020, 8:23 am how about a Must See collection
an Oscillator Stamp
a SS Stamp
I'm working on the tool called SpaceshipCollector that automatically turns qfind output into collections.
And I need your advice to make the Must See collection since I really don't know which ones to use
I don't feel like creating that until someday LeapLife became popular outside the Lifenthusiasts, which requires a large amount of advertisements.you probably need a Forum like this one ( web site )
dedicated to LeapLife - but you would soon find
it requires an absolutely HUGE amount of work
to maintain as an ongoing, viable Enterprise