A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
PkmnQ wrote: February 6th, 2020, 7:28 am
One more fact to consider: I’m playing on mobile.
I use three fingers on each hand to tap.
That's only a x6... And not as good as you think. For example if your one second clicking can generate 50 millon cookies and your frenzy bonus plus finger bonus give x2000 and you have it for 10 secs it would be a trillon. Not too much.
CoolCreeper39 wrote: August 8th, 2019, 4:17 pm
Is there any way to make a script that checks for the longest-lived methuselahs in a rule, within an n-cell bounding box?
CoolCreeper39 wrote:Is there any way to make a script that checks for the longest-lived methuselahs in a rule, within an n-cell bounding box?
This is definitely possible. The most optimized published program for methuselah searching is this one by simeks. It is CGoL only and written in C (and assembly?), but if you're interested in optimized algorithms it's the best I'm aware of.
There are probably more general implementations published somewhere here, but I can't seem to find any after a brief search through the forums. You'll need two main parts to for this script:
- An enumeration of all patterns (of a given cell count?) within a given bounding box. A naive implementation of this is very simple, but you'll want to avoid testing the same pattern multiple times.
- A way to run a pattern to stabilisation and detect when the pattern stabilised. This is the tricky bit, particularly given the need to deal with linear growth. You could look at apgsearch for ideas as well as simeks program. apgsearch actually has two algorithms for this process: stabilise3() to give an estimate of the time to stabilisation (almost always an overestimate except for patterns in very long lived rules) and methudetect() which gives a fairly accurate stabilisation time (but is only used for CGoL).
01011000 01000100
By the way I typed that by hand.
In ICT, while I was copying down ascii codes (don’t ask me why, the teacher told us to) I figured out how to:
A. Make uppercase and lowercase letters
B. Translate between them.
First, count where it is in the alphabet, A is 1, B is 2, etc. Next, turn it to binary. Then, you append 010 to the start for uppercase, and 011 for lowercase. And that’s all.
To translate between them, just invert the third bit from the left.
01000001 (A) to 01100001 (a)
PkmnQ wrote: February 8th, 2020, 12:41 am
01011000 01000100
By the way I typed that by hand.
In ICT, while I was copying down ascii codes (don’t ask me why, the teacher told us to) I figured out how to:
A. Make uppercase and lowercase letters
B. Translate between them.
First, count where it is in the alphabet, A is 1, B is 2, etc. Next, turn it to binary. Then, you append 010 to the start for uppercase, and 011 for lowercase. And that’s all.
To translate between them, just invert the third bit from the left.
01000001 (A) to 01100001 (a)
But why does everyone hate Fortnite?
Minecraft was a childish game and now everyone loves it, Brawl Stars is stylized like Fortnite but doesn't get that much hate, Overwatch is also cartooney but even adults play it, lags and ping are the fault of your computer not the game, you don't have to play with people who disrespect you, the map is boring for now but it's only season 1 after all, the game is actualy 12+ but younger people play it anyway somehow, shotguns aren't broken, the game difficulty is actually balanced because you're playing with people with similar skills now, the community made itself bad, clickbait is the fault of the community not the game, you can pretend to hate it for the memes but not hate it for no reason or because of the memes hating the game for probably no reason etc. Why do you hate this game?
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.
gameoflifemaniac wrote: February 8th, 2020, 3:17 pm
Minecraft was a childish game and now everyone loves it
This sentence is just ridiculous.
Yep. Totally ridiculous. I play multiplayer and do redstone. Not all have Minecraft because it's a bit expensive.
I agree with you. I'm fanscinated with Redstone Circuit. I don't really like the newer versions (1.13, 1.14), though, because they add too much things that looks like MOD.