CA-related word puzzles

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Post Reply
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

CA-related word puzzles

Post by Hunting »

It's a phoneix rule.
It's well-known.
It has several small spaceship which moves at the same speed.
It's the type of rule that Discord likes but Twilight Sparkle hates.
What is it?
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by Saka »

Seeds?
jarring cyan
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by Hunting »

Saka wrote:Seeds?
Correct!
Do you have a puzzle?

P. S. The favorite part of that puzzle is
It's the type of rule that Discord likes but Twilight Sparkle hates.
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by Saka »

Yes, I have. Should be easy.

A thing whose name is a valid reaction to seeing it after using go boards.
jarring cyan
User avatar
toroidalet
Posts: 1514
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
Location: My computer
Contact:

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by toroidalet »

Golly (I never actually used Go boards, since I didn't have any lying around.)
Here's a tricky one:
eckayteccecikyjt

Hint (select to uncover): it's a rulestring
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by Saka »

toroidalet wrote:Golly (I never actually used Go boards, since I didn't have any lying around.)
Here's a tricky one:
eckayteccecikyjt
I believe it's:
B(0)2eck3ay4t5e6c(8)/S(0)1c2e3ciky4jt(8)
B(0)2eck3ay4t5e6c7c(8)/S(0)2e3ciky4jt(8)
The 8s and 0s are there because they could be in the rulestring without letters
jarring cyan
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by testitemqlstudop »

Here's a tricky one:

Once upon a twilight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over not a thorough and novel volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, chaotically napping, suddenly there came a breaking,
As of some rule violently baking, baking at my chamber door.
“’Tis some explosion,” I muttered, “baking at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more.”

Big big hint:

Code: Select all




























twilight
sorry i'm bad at copying poetry
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by Saka »

Stars?
Once upon a twilight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
As of some rule violently baking, baking at my chamber door.

Although "baking" doesn't really fit in...
jarring cyan
User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 895
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by Gustone »

Day and Night?
Sarp
Posts: 221
Joined: March 1st, 2015, 1:28 pm

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by Sarp »

Supernova in Day and Night?
WADUFI
User avatar
testitemqlstudop
Posts: 1365
Joined: July 21st, 2016, 11:45 am
Location: in catagolue
Contact:

Re: CA-related word puzzles

Post by testitemqlstudop »

Saka wrote:Stars?
Once upon a twilight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
As of some rule violently baking, baking at my chamber door.

Although "baking" doesn't really fit in...
That would actually fit in well, but no.
Gustone wrote:Day and Night?
Sarp wrote:Supernova in Day and Night?
Getting close.

Big big big hint:

[redacted because it's too obvious]

Hint:

“’Tis some explosion,” I muttered, “baking at my chamber door—

Hint 2:

Over not a thorough and novel volume of forgotten lore—

Code: Select all
























i.e. people will think it creates infinite novelty, but no
Very big hint:

Code: Select all




















Day and Night has the same property as this rule.
Post Reply