Paul Tooke wrote:Rake? It looks to me like a 4-switch engine block puffer. Two block laying switch engines could do the same thing.
I think it`s a rake, but the block-laying switch engine makes zigzag of blocks.This makes a regular line of blocks, because it makes by switch engines.
Most people would call it a puffer. I suspect that you may be new to Life. Have you taken a look at Stephen Silver's Life Lexicon? The entry for rakes explains how rakes are different from puffers.
... and:
the block-laying switch engine makes zigzag of blocks.This makes a regular line of blocks
Oh! I see what you mean. Have you seen any of these, which I found in January 2004:
The first one is similar to yours, but with three switch engines and only one line of blocks. Have you tried investigating what you can do with just 2 switch-engines? There is still a possibility of finding a spaceship with just two engines and I know that there are two engine puffers.
Blinkerer wrote: July 5th, 2012, 8:28 am
Hey, this is a Cordership rake, heh. Let`s look, it can be usable. (if my English is bad, don`t worry. I`m from Poland)
#CXRLE Pos=-9,-7
x = 92, y = 99, rule = B3/S23
50bo$49b2o$48bob2o$48bo2b2o$46b4ob3o$45bo2bobo2b2o$46bobobob3o$47b2ob
3obo$47b4o2bobo$50bo3bo$50bo3bo$50bo2bo12b2o$66b2o7$31bo42b2o$30bobo
41b2o$30bo2b2o$28b7o$27bo2bo3bo$26b3o2b7o$28b3o2bo$24bo4b2ob2o$23b2o5b
3obo2bo44b2o$22bob2o5b3ob2o45b2o$22bo2b2o7bo$20b4ob3o$19bo2bobo2b2o$
20bobobob3o$21b2ob3obo15bo$21b4o2bobo13b3o$24bo3bo13bo47b2o$24bo3bo14b
2ob2o42b2o$24bo2bo16b3ob2o$46b4o4$35bo$34bobo$33b2ob2o$5bo28bo2bo$4bob
o29b3o$4bo2b2o27bobo$2b7o28b2o$bo2bo3bo28b2o$3o2b7o$2b3o2bo$3b2ob2o$4b
3obo2bo$5b3ob2o$8bo11$11b2o$11b2o7$19b2o$19b2o7$27b2o$27b2o7$35b2o$35b
2o7$43b2o!
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a rake that creates corderships. Also a cordership is a puffer, since corderships produce still-lifes, whilst rakes produce spaceships.
Blinkerer wrote: July 5th, 2012, 8:28 am
Hey, this is a Cordership rake, heh. :D Let`s look, it can be usable. (if my English is bad, don`t worry. I`m from Poland)
#CXRLE Pos=-9,-7
x = 92, y = 99, rule = B3/S23
50bo$49b2o$48bob2o$48bo2b2o$46b4ob3o$45bo2bobo2b2o$46bobobob3o$47b2ob
3obo$47b4o2bobo$50bo3bo$50bo3bo$50bo2bo12b2o$66b2o7$31bo42b2o$30bobo
41b2o$30bo2b2o$28b7o$27bo2bo3bo$26b3o2b7o$28b3o2bo$24bo4b2ob2o$23b2o5b
3obo2bo44b2o$22bob2o5b3ob2o45b2o$22bo2b2o7bo$20b4ob3o$19bo2bobo2b2o$
20bobobob3o$21b2ob3obo15bo$21b4o2bobo13b3o$24bo3bo13bo47b2o$24bo3bo14b
2ob2o42b2o$24bo2bo16b3ob2o$46b4o4$35bo$34bobo$33b2ob2o$5bo28bo2bo$4bob
o29b3o$4bo2b2o27bobo$2b7o28b2o$bo2bo3bo28b2o$3o2b7o$2b3o2bo$3b2ob2o$4b
3obo2bo$5b3ob2o$8bo11$11b2o$11b2o7$19b2o$19b2o7$27b2o$27b2o7$35b2o$35b
2o7$43b2o!
I'm thinking of something along the lines of a rake that creates corderships. Also a cordership is a puffer, since corderships produce still-lifes, whilst rakes produce spaceships.
Blinkerer wrote: July 5th, 2012, 8:28 am
Hey, this is a Cordership rake, heh. Let`s look, it can be usable. (if my English is bad, don`t worry. I`m from Poland)
Blinkerer wrote: July 5th, 2012, 8:28 am
Hey, this is a Cordership rake, heh. :D Let`s look, it can be usable. (if my English is bad, don`t worry. I`m from Poland)
I agree that the user should have posted this in that thread, but the primary purpose of the relevant rule is to prevent duplicate topics from cluttering up the list of topics, so once the topic is created, posting in it is not as harmful. Theoretically, a moderate could move all of the posts in this topic to the Cordership Discussion Thread, but from what I've heard, moving topics is difficult for moderators, so that is unlikely to happen.
bubblegum wrote: October 21st, 2020, 4:42 pmDo note that the post in question is from 2012.
That explains why this wasn't originally in the Cordership Discussion Thread, but why did RakeGuy1246 bring up a topic that had been inactive for eight years?