Solitaire of Life

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Post Reply
Gamedziner
Posts: 795
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Gamedziner »

wwei23 wrote: 41:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A$2.AC2$5.2A2.AC$CA4.C3.A$A.A3.C.C$.2C2.CA.2A$5.A2.C2.C$.CA3.2C2.C
A$.C$2.A3.AC$.CA3.C2.A$8.AC!
Minimum bounding box:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
$3.CA$3.A$4.3A2.AC$CA4.C3.A$A.A3.C.C$.2C2.CA.2A$5.A2.C2.C$.CA3.2C2.C
A$.C$2.A3.AC$.CA3.C2.A$8.AC!

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Hunting »

Bullet51 wrote:
AforAmpere wrote:I hope this is original. The game's goal is to find the smallest still-life stabilization for a collection of cells, with all pre-placed cells having 3 or less neighbors.
The game has been proposed by me in 2015, in our Chinese forum.

The Chinese sentence

Code: Select all

在左图中添加尽量少的格点,使得它成为稳态:
我的最好方案如右图,为9个格点。
means

Code: Select all

Add cells as less as possible to stabilize the pattern in the left into a still-life:
The best I can achieve is shown in the right, with 9 cells.
Image
I think 格点 should be 细胞
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Hunting »

How about this simple pattern

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2bo$2o$2b2o$3bo!
dani
Posts: 1221
Joined: October 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by dani »

Hunting wrote:How about this simple pattern

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2bo$2o$2b2o$3bo!
21-cells

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2o$2bobo$bo2bo$o3b2o$4o$4b2o$2bo2bo$2b2o!
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Hunting »

danny wrote:
Hunting wrote:How about this simple pattern

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2bo$2o$2b2o$3bo!
21-cells

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2o$2bobo$bo2bo$o3b2o$4o$4b2o$2bo2bo$2b2o!
Nice
User avatar
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by gmc_nxtman »

14:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 7, rule = LifeHistory
4.A$3.A.A$3.CA$.2C$A2.2C$.A2.C$2.2A!
EDIT: New puzzle, probably relatively easy:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 8, rule = LifeHistory
2.C$6.2C$6.C$3.C$3.C.2C.C$.2C5.C$3.C$C3.2C!
dani
Posts: 1221
Joined: October 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by dani »

28, I barely tried:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A4.2A$2.CA5.A$6.2CA$6.C$3.C$3.CA2CAC$.2C5.C$A2.C.A$CA2.2C!
EDIT: 27:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A$2.CA$6.2C$6.C$3.C3.A$3.CA2C.C$.2C5.C$A2.C.A.A$CA2.2C.2A!
EDIT: 26:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
2.2A$2.CA$6.2C$6.C$3.C3.A$3.CA2C.C$.2C5.C$A2.C.3A$CA2.2C!
User avatar
Hdjensofjfnen
Posts: 1769
Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Hdjensofjfnen »

I tried:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 8, rule = LifeHistory
2.CA$2.A.A.2C$4.A.C2.A$3.C2.A.2A$3.CA2C.C$.2C5.C$A2.C.3A$CA2.2C!
@danny, I think this round goes to you.
User avatar
BlinkerSpawn
Posts: 1993
Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by BlinkerSpawn »

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 10, rule = LifeHistory
3.C$.2C$.C4.C$.C2.C$7.C2.C$C5.C3.C$4.C3.C$.C2.C$.C$4.C!
LifeWiki: Like Wikipedia but with more spaceships. [citation needed]

Image
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1249
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by gameoflifemaniac »

BlinkerSpawn wrote:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 10, rule = LifeHistory
3.C$.2C$.C4.C$.C2.C$7.C2.C$C5.C3.C$4.C3.C$.C2.C$.C$4.C!
53 cells:

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
4.2A$.2A2.C$A2.2C3.A$2A.C4.C2A$3.C2.CA3.A$3.A.A.A.CA.C$2.CA.A2.C.A.C$
3.A2.C.A.C.2A$3.C.AC.2A$2.AC.A$6.C3A$8.A2.A$10.2A!
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Code: Select all

b4o25bo$o29bo$b3o3b3o2bob2o2bob2o2bo3bobo$4bobo3bob2o2bob2o2bobo3bobo$
4bobo3bobo5bo5bo3bobo$o3bobo3bobo5bo6b4o$b3o3b3o2bo5bo9bobo$24b4o!
AforAmpere
Posts: 1427
Joined: July 1st, 2016, 3:58 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by AforAmpere »

53 was ridiculously difficult to beat, but here's 51:

Code: Select all

x = 20, y = 18, rule = LifeHistory
2$6.2A$3.2A2.C$3.A.2C6.2A$5.C3.AC2.A$5.C2.C2.A.A$6.3A2.C2.CA.A$3.ACA
3.AC.A.C.2A$3.A2.A.C3.C$5.C.AC3.2A$4.AC$7.AC$8.A$7.A$7.2A!


Maybe it can still be improved?
The torch of 5S has been passed on again, and is now managed by speedydelete. It can be found here. Also check out my program EPE, a tool for searching for patterns in various rulespaces.
User avatar
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by gmc_nxtman »

49:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 11, rule = LifeHistory
4.2A$.2A2.C3.2A$A2.2C3.A.A$2A.C4.C2.2A$3.C2.CA.A.A$3.A.A.A.C2.C$2.CA.
A2.C.A.C$3.A2.C.A.CA$3.C.AC.A$2.AC.A2.A$6.CA!
This one's surprisingly hard. Good one, BlinkerSpawn.

EDIT: 43:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 13, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$2A2.C$A.2C$2.C3.AC$2.C2.C2.A.A$3.3A2.CA.C$ACA3.AC3.C$A2.2AC2.ACA
$2.C2.C2.A$.AC$5.C$4.A.A$5.A!
User avatar
BlinkerSpawn
Posts: 1993
Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by BlinkerSpawn »

The best I had was this similar solution, also 43 cells, and I don't see any way to reach 42:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$2A2.C$A.2C$2.C4.CA$2.C2.C2.A$3.4A.C.AC$ACA4.CA2.C$A2.2AC3.C$2.C
2.C3A$.AC$5.CA$5.2A!
I'll let gmc_nxtman submit the next puzzle.
LifeWiki: Like Wikipedia but with more spaceships. [citation needed]

Image
User avatar
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by gmc_nxtman »

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 7, rule = LifeHistory
C5.2C2.C2$2.C.C3.C.2C$3.C2.C2.C$3.C2.C3.C$.C2.C$.C2.C!
User avatar
Hdjensofjfnen
Posts: 1769
Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Hdjensofjfnen »

54:

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 15, rule = LifeHistory
12.2A$12.A$4.A9.A$2A.C.A3.2C2.CA$2A.A.A2.A2.A$3.A.C.C.A.C.2C$3.2A.C2.
C2.C.A$6.C.AC3.C$3.AC2.C$2.A.CA.C$2.A3.A$3.3A2$3.2A.A$3.A.2A!
wwei23

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by wwei23 »

3F279D98-D69D-4082-8009-56893B58C6DC.jpeg
3F279D98-D69D-4082-8009-56893B58C6DC.jpeg (369.73 KiB) Viewed 8770 times
52. I'm on my phone, so screanshot.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by dvgrn »

wwei23 wrote:
3F279D98-D69D-4082-8009-56893B58C6DC.jpeg
52. I'm on my phone, so screanshot.
Add a little here, take away a little there... how about 39?

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
3.A8.2A$2.C.A3.2C2.C$.A2.A2.A2.A.A$A3.C.C.A.C.2C$.3A.C2.C2.C2.A$5.C.A
C3.CA$3.CA.C$3.C2.C$4.2A!
#C [[ THUMBNAIL THUMBSIZE 2 ]]
There's at least a three-cell improvement still, that I've left for someone else.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
Posts: 467
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Redstoneboi »

you mean this one

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
.A8.2A$C.A3.2C2.C$A.A2.A2.A.A$.AC.C.A.C.2C$3.C2.C2.C2.A$3.C.AC3.CA$.C
A.C$.C2.C$2.2A!
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by dvgrn »

Redstoneboi wrote:you mean this one...
Yup, exactly. But then with a little more fiddling around, a 35-cell solution turned up:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 9, rule = LifeHistory
10.2A$CA4.2C2.C$A2.A2.A.A.A$.AC.C.A.C.2C$3.C2.C2.C2.A$3.C.AC3.CA$.CA.
C$.C2.C$2.2A!
User avatar
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by gmc_nxtman »

I have not verified, but I believe 35 cells is minimal.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Hunting »

How about this puzzle

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
obobo2$o!
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Saka »

Hunting wrote:How about this puzzle

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
obobo2$o!
7 cells

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$C.C.C$CA!
jarring cyan
User avatar
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by gmc_nxtman »

Saka, I think the cells in your version are incorrect. If I have it right, I can't see a way to get smaller than 10 cells:

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2.A3.A$.C.C.C.A$A.A3.A$.C!
User avatar
77topaz
Posts: 1496
Joined: January 12th, 2018, 9:19 pm

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by 77topaz »

Yeah, Saka's "solution" misplaced one of the cells from Hunting's original pattern.
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Solitaire of Life

Post by Hunting »

gmc_nxtman wrote:Saka, I think the cells in your version are incorrect. If I have it right, I can't see a way to get smaller than 10 cells:

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 4, rule = LifeHistory
2.A3.A$.C.C.C.A$A.A3.A$.C!
Saka wrote:
Hunting wrote:How about this puzzle

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
obobo2$o!
7 cells

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
3.2A$C.C.C$CA!
77topaz wrote:Yeah, Saka's "solution" misplaced one of the cells from Hunting's original pattern.
Sorry... When I click submit, I don't remind that I misplaced a cell at first.(I'm away from Golly, so I just type the RLE with my hand) Then I edited that comment. sorry for that!
Post Reply