A for awesome wrote:A few small p2/3 rotors/bushings that I couldn't find in jslife for some reason: ...
BlinkerSpawn wrote:#5, but smaller: ...
#5 is just independent candelabra and 1-2-3 rotors that touch harmlessly at a corner without affecting each other. The candelabra cell would behave the same regardless of what state the 1-2-3 cell would be in every generation. The converse would not be true in all possible cases, but it is in all the cases that actually occur (i.e. the one phase where the candelabra cell is dead is also the one phase where the 1-2-3 cell doesn't care whether it's dead or alive).
x = 8, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
bo4bo$bo4bo$bo4bo$3b2o$2o4b2o$8o$b6o2$o6bo$obo2bobo$3b2o$b2o2b2o$bo4bo
!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
x = 17, y = 17, rule = B3/S23
7b2o$6bo2bo$5bob3o$5bo4b2o$6b3obobo$2b2o4b2o2bo2bo$bo2bo7bobobo$obobo
7bo2bo$obob2o4bobo$b2o2bo4b2o$3b2o3b2o$3bo5bo$4b5o2$6bo$5bobo$6bo!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
x = 21, y = 19, rule = b3s23
3b2o$4bo2b2o$3bo4bo10b2o$3b2o3bob2ob2o5bo$6b2obobobobob3o$b5obo7bobo$o
6bo2b3o2bo$2o2b2obobobobobobo$4b2o4bobo4b3o$20bo$4b2o4bobo4b3o$2o2b2ob
obobobobobo$o6bo2b3o2bo$b5obo7bobo$6b2obobobobob3o$3b2o3bob2ob2o5bo$3b
o4bo10b2o$4bo2b2o$3b2o!
It's not in jslife or the osc-supplement collection, and I don't recognize it, so it is probably new (unless it was already posted in this thread and I missed it).
Here is the minimal stator for the three forms of the oscillator:
x = 22, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
3bob2o6b2o3b2o$3b2obo5bo2bobo2bo$12bob2ob2obo$3b3o5b2o2bobo2b2o$2bo3bo
6bobo3bo$2b2o2bo2bob3obobobo$2o10bo2bo4b2o$bob2o6bo4b3obo$bobo7bo5bo2b
o$2o2bo3bo3b2obo3bo$3b2o5b2ob2ob3o$11bo4bo$11bob3o$12b2o!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
x = 22, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
3bob2o6b2o3b2o$3b2obo5bo2bobo2bo$12bob2ob2obo$3b3o5b2o2bobo2b2o$2bo3bo
6bobo3bo$2b2o2bo2bob3obobobo$2o10bo2bo4b2o$bob2o6bo4b3obo$bobo7bo5bo2b
o$2o2bo3bo3b2obo3bo$3b2o5b2ob2ob3o$11bo4bo$11bob3o$12b2o!
I was very interested in this discovery. Although it doesn't look like one, it is actually a phase-shifting oscillator. Here's the related p7 and p3 for demonstration.
x = 21, y = 31, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$2o2bo$bobo4b2o$bob2o2bo$2o3bo4bo2b4o$2b5o4b3o2b4o$2bo3bo2b2ob2o2b
3obo$3b3o4bo8bo$10bob5o$2bob2o5b2o$2b2obo8$9bob2o$9b2obo$3b2o$2o2bo4b
3o$bobo4bo3bo$bob2o3b5o$2o3bo3bo3b2o$2b5o3b2obo$2bo3bo4bobo$3b3o4bo2b
2o$10b2o$2bob2o$2b2obo!
(By the way, the supporting p3 can be on its own and its shape looks pretty interesting.)
Unfortunately both oscillators need some sort of support, so I think it would be very difficult to find another period based on this, if ever possible.
x = 25, y = 47, rule = B3/S23
6b2o9b2o$6bo2b2o3b2o2bo$7bob2o3b2obo$4b4o9b4o$2obo4b3o3b3o4bob2o$bob4o
bo2bobo2bob4obo$bo4bo3b2ob2o3bo4bo$2b3o15b3o$4b2o13b2o2$9b3ob3o$4b2o
13b2o$4b2o13b2o2$11b3o$8b3o3b3o$7bobo5bobo$8b2o5b2o$6b2o2b2ob2o2b2o$4b
3o5bo5b3o$3bo3bob3ob3obo3bo$4b2obo9bob2o$5bobo2b5o2bobo$2obobo2b2ob3ob
2o2bobob2o$ob2ob2o11b2ob2obo2$9b7o$8b2o5b2o$7bo9bo$9bo5bo$10b2ob2o2$7b
obobobobobo$5b7ob7o$4bo6bobo6bo$3bo2bob2o5b2obo2bo$3b3obo9bob3o$6bobo
7bobo$5bo2bo7bo2bo$5b3o9b3o$8bo3bo3bo$5b2ob3obob3ob2o$3bo2b2o3b3o3b2ob
o$3b2o4bo5bo5bo$5b4ob4ob2ob3o$5bo2bobo2bo2bobo$14b2o!
Combines part of a p13 in osc-supplement, a serendipitous block placement, a serendipitous blinker placement, and a sparker I helped find a while back which I'm glad to have found a use for.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
x = 25, y = 47, rule = B3/S23
6b2o9b2o$6bo2b2o3b2o2bo$7bob2o3b2obo$4b4o9b4o$2obo4b3o3b3o4bob2o$bob4o
bo2bobo2bob4obo$bo4bo3b2ob2o3bo4bo$2b3o15b3o$4b2o13b2o2$9b3ob3o$4b2o
13b2o$4b2o13b2o2$11b3o$8b3o3b3o$7bobo5bobo$8b2o5b2o$6b2o2b2ob2o2b2o$4b
3o5bo5b3o$3bo3bob3ob3obo3bo$4b2obo9bob2o$5bobo2b5o2bobo$2obobo2b2ob3ob
2o2bobob2o$ob2ob2o11b2ob2obo2$9b7o$8b2o5b2o$7bo9bo$9bo5bo$10b2ob2o2$7b
obobobobobo$5b7ob7o$4bo6bobo6bo$3bo2bob2o5b2obo2bo$3b3obo9bob3o$6bobo
7bobo$5bo2bo7bo2bo$5b3o9b3o$8bo3bo3bo$5b2ob3obob3ob2o$3bo2b2o3b3o3b2ob
o$3b2o4bo5bo5bo$5b4ob4ob2ob3o$5bo2bobo2bo2bobo$14b2o!
Combines part of a p13 in osc-supplement, a serendipitous block placement, a serendipitous blinker placement, and a sparker I helped find a while back which I'm glad to have found a use for.
Wow. It's perfectly sustainable without the blinker which makes it a p9. (You probably spotted that, didn't you?)
x = 23, y = 25, rule = B3/S23
5b2o9b2o$5bo2b2o3b2o2bo$6bob2o3b2obo$3b4o9b4o$2bo4b3o3b3o4bo$2b4obo2bo
bo2bob4o$9b2ob2o$4ob2o9b2ob4o$o2b2o13b2o2bo3$3b2o9bo3b2o$3b2o5b2obobo
2b2o$10b2o3$14bo2bo$17bo$13bo4bo$13b2o2bobo$18bob2o3$18bo2bo$18b2o!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
x = 14, y = 19, rule = B3/S23
bo2bo$4bo$o4bo$2o2bobo$5bob2o3$5bo4bo$5b3obobo$10bo$3bo7bo$2bobobo4b3o
$2bo2b2o$b2o$11b3o$11bo$10bo$9bobo$10bo!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
x = 17, y = 21, rule = B3/S23
b2o3b2o$2bo2bobo$o4bo$2o4bo$2bo2b2o2bo$2o5b3o$bobob2o$bob2o2bo$2bo2bo
2bo3b2o$3b2obobo3bo2bo$4bob2ob2obob2o$2bo2bobobobobo$2b2obobo3bobo$3bo
bobobobob2o$3bo2bo8bo$2b2o3b4obobobo$10bobo3bo$9bo2bob2o$10b2obo$13bo$
13b2o!
Technically, a p7 shifts the phase of the p12 to get p21.
Wow, this is super cool. So I guess..
1) The p7 delays the p4 component by 1 gen.
2) The p12 (4 + 4 + 4 // 3 + 3 + 3 + 3) is phaseshifted to p9 (4 + 5 // 3 + 3 + 3)
3) The total oscillator becomes p21 (7 + 7 + 7 // 12 + 9)