Random posts

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Locked
User avatar
toroidalet
Posts: 1514
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
Location: My computer
Contact:

Name your next band Brutal Fidget. It's a good idea.

Post by toroidalet »

What are you talking about with the 2018 nonsense? Didn't you hear the news? It was recently discovered that 2017 was a leap year, so they added an extra day in December (so the year has 367 days) and so it's december 32th, not february 5th
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Saka »

The cake-baker baked cake-baking cake-baker cake bakes cakes
jarring cyan
User avatar
praosylen
Posts: 2449
Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
Contact:

Aostaryatha as itrīolanzu rjiatyri âsthiallyr praosylen.

Post by praosylen »

[translation: gibberish the gibberish gibberish gibberish praosylen]
My pet conspiracy theory: most conspiracy theories are lies propagated by governments to distract us from their real conspiracies.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)

The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
User avatar
toroidalet
Posts: 1514
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
Location: My computer
Contact:

Someone hacked my [url]www.txt.fyi[/url] account

Post by toroidalet »

I've decided to study quantumn sociology, and currently I'm working on a problem, so do any more-knowledged people have any opinions about whether the McSnurd-Hall-Adams-Washington-Fermat-McDonald-Fox-Orange-Batman-Red Tape-Explosive Lemon-Adiabatic Golf Eggbeater-Isotropic Yadso-Daueidofs-Hadgecfouybuioeycasenrciuacun-Euifcyiorydamyciunsiaouctancioamevtnehcaisuoniusery-Yariueyiunriucfaywiudacmaoetajednaiuciamgacosciruantuiomtoiquerncoudintajceouidt Astatinic Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Effect has a noticeable effect on sand grains of weights greater than 17 books/(50 meters/gram^2). (In case you're wondering, it states that during the winter, 658% of humans living in the oceans hide in refrigerators so that the bears won't find them.)
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Screaning in progress

Post by Saka »

toroidalet wrote:I've decided to study quantumn sociology...
Mine is better. I am studying Quantum Liberal Arts.
My current problem is on quantum cheese. Will quantum cheese flow through quantum cloth just like cheese flows through cloth or will the McSnuffles Effect come into play? This is known as the Great Important Problem of Iristhrotle. Can someone help? This could lead to the optimal amount of cheese on burgers and french fries.
jarring cyan
User avatar
praosylen
Posts: 2449
Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
Contact:

Post by praosylen »

Saka wrote:
toroidalet wrote:I've decided to study quantumn sociology...
Mine is better. I am studying Quantum Liberal Arts.
My current problem is on quantum cheese. Will quantum cheese flow through quantum cloth just like cheese flows through cloth or will the McSnuffles Effect come into play? This is known as the Great Important Problem of Iristhrotle. Can someone help? This could lead to the optimal amount of cheese on burgers and french fries.
Stop mocking quantum sociology -- it requires 26th-century mathematics to even formulate properly, so how can you discount it when you don't even know what its underlying physical assumptions are and what it predicts. (Hint: Google searches won't return anything but a bunch of amateur nontechnical attempts to connect two fields for which a connection is meaningless without Lisajian mechanics as a mathematical-physical foundation and a pre-existing formal treatment of sociology under Lisajian sociodynamics plus a couple centuries' worth of mathematical analysis (such as Inichol's seminal mesoscale treatment) thereof.)
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)

The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
User avatar
toroidalet
Posts: 1514
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
Location: My computer
Contact:

Someone killed my stocks. That's why they dropped.

Post by toroidalet »

Saka wrote:
toroidalet wrote:I've decided to study quantumn sociology...
Mine is better. I am studying Quantum Liberal Arts.
It was a really tough decision to study quantum sociology instead of quantum linguistics, but my friend (who happened to be a fluent quantum sociologist, maybe a conflict of interest there) convinced me to study some useful and applied field like quantum sociology instead. I briefly considered quantum web design but I quit around the part in unit π.5, SIQL (Simplified Integral and Quantum Language) because it was just too tedious to have to reapply Liopa Sorting every time. While SIQL is really useful for some things (It's really good for processing EMCPL (Entanglement, Markup, and Code Processing Language)), Liopa Sorting was just too frustrating. The online userguides are no help because they assume you already are fluent in QTIC (Quantum Transfer of Integrated Computers), which isn't taught until unit 32.43.78, and make use of Toaci Optimization, which requires hours to fine-tune for optimal performance (how ironic). Quantum agriculture was out because I haven't taken Calculus 7 to properly understand the mathematics behind the definition of quantum agriculture and I wanted enough free time to do stuff. I also wasn't too interested in quantum anatomy because the Outaleiduce Effect wasn't something I was too interested in and it's important through all of the Duytorian theory of trihastic organs (such as the Yuierafis which plays a pivotal role in the formation of Gicatic cells). Because Tyioural Pronouns are fundamental through the study of quantum linguistics, I was already reluctant about taking quantum linguistics, but my friend (who is implicated in me taking quantum sociology) pointed out that the Laourec Conjugation is determined by an excruciating number of factors including the length of the Laourec Conjugation and the Uipraque Classification constant of the the Tyioural Pronoun, motivating me to take quantum sociology, which is definitely a lot easier.
TL;DR (I can say things like these now so I'm cultured) it was a very tough decision to take quantum sociology but it was very rewarding. I've recently just published my first paper about the Iquoxucqueouwiryr Effect's effect on perceptions of the validity of the Diouaoprumyeoipeic theory of Tueoiydhidman Socionomics. You can read it at https://arxiii.org/abs/1624.00531
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
User avatar
Macbi
Posts: 919
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Macbi »

Quantum Linguistics is a real thing. I work with people who study it. Although it should really be called "Category Theoretic Linguistics". The word "quantum" is good for publicity.
User avatar
Rhombic
Posts: 1100
Joined: June 1st, 2013, 5:41 pm

Re: Random posts

Post by Rhombic »

LWSS

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
bo$2bo$3o$7bo$7bo$7bo5b2o$13b2o$3b3o!
SoL : FreeElectronics : DeadlyEnemies : 6a-ite : Rule X3VI
what is “sesame oil”?
User avatar
toroidalet
Posts: 1514
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
Location: My computer
Contact:

our ice cubes are 100% organic—no pesticides were used

Post by toroidalet »

Macbi wrote:Quantum Linguistics is a real thing. I work with people who study it. Although it should really be called "Category Theoretic Linguistics". The word "quantum" is good for publicity.
How is this legal where you live? This violates code 1543-A5, an international law forbidding copycenter infringement. I had to use Tor browswer to see this post because of how illegal this is. (Technically I could've used I2P or something but I had already downloaded Tor Browser. The Tor people aren't paying me to talk about using their browser just like how Rob Beschizza isn't paying me to talk about using txt.fyi or to claim that he's not paying me.)
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
User avatar
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Random posts

Post by gmc_nxtman »

them
User avatar
cordership3
Posts: 129
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 8:53 am
Location: Smome tomato
Contact:

We draw our dragons by hand. No divine intervention needed.

Post by cordership3 »

i'ts themm
evil twin of cordership2
User avatar
Majestas32
Posts: 561
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 12:22 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Random posts

Post by Majestas32 »

How would everybody feel about a sci fi roleplay thing in the Sandbox?
Searching:
b2-a5k6n7cs12-i3ij4k5j8
b2-a3cs12-i

Currently looking for help searching these rules.

PFP:

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 3, rule = B2i3-ck4e6/S2-i35n
o5bo$2o3b2o$o5bo!
User avatar
toroidalet
Posts: 1514
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
Location: My computer
Contact:

notice me ϡ

Post by toroidalet »

The little guy in the street told me this felt likeImage ŝôᷝ Îᷝ፟ t̂ᷝ፟︠ôᷝ͝l゙̂ᷝ፟︠⃩͝d゙̂ᷝ፟︠⃩͝͠ t゙̂ᷝ፟︠⃩͝͠͞ĥ゙ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͝͠͞ê゙ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͒͝͠͞m゙̂ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͒͑͝͠͞ t゙̂ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͒͑͐͝͠͞ô゙ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͒͑͐͌͝͠͞ ĝ゙ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͒͑͐͌͋͝͠͞ê゙ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͒͑͐͌͋͊͝͠͞t゙̂ᷝ፟︠⃩͗͒͑͐͌͋͊͆͝͠͞ Image
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
dani
Posts: 1221
Joined: October 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm

Re: Random posts

Post by dani »

i love lifeviewer something about it is so cool
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Saka »

Image
jarring cyan
User avatar
gmc_nxtman
Posts: 1158
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Random posts

Post by gmc_nxtman »

spoilerImage
User avatar
cordership3
Posts: 129
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 8:53 am
Location: Smome tomato
Contact:

12 hours meme is dead

Post by cordership3 »

:shock:


I've betrayed you all by making my computer stop running apgsearch. I'm part of Folding@home now.

(But really, it was just easier to explain why I was running f@h, which wouldn't involve a half-hour discussion.)
evil twin of cordership2
User avatar
Rhombic
Posts: 1100
Joined: June 1st, 2013, 5:41 pm

Re: Random posts

Post by Rhombic »

(2,1)/17, three generations with 8 cells.

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = B356/S23nr4
obo$3bo$2o$b3o!
SoL : FreeElectronics : DeadlyEnemies : 6a-ite : Rule X3VI
what is “sesame oil”?
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Random posts

Post by Saka »

Esolang idea:
HTMLScript
Hello World

Code: Select all

<print>"Hi"</print>
If:

Code: Select all

<var val=5>a</var>
<if cond = "a=5">
   <print>"a is 5"</print>
<else>
   <print>"a is not 5"</print>
</else>
</if>
Input>Output

Code: Select all

<var val=0>inp</var>
<input set="inp">
<print>inp</print>
For loop:

Code: Select all

<for cond="i > 10">
   <print>i</print>
   <var set="i += 1">i</var>
</for>
jarring cyan
User avatar
blah
Posts: 324
Joined: April 9th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Re: Random posts

Post by blah »

10% is the only percentage that is equal to its fraction. 1/10. Different percentages obviously have different equivalents of this.

There's an incredibly simple explanation for why these occur, and how they occur, which I took way too long to find. Finding the correlation between the limit of a percentage and the percentage which is equal to its fraction will be left as an exercise to the reader.
succ
User avatar
muzik
Posts: 6605
Joined: January 28th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Random posts

Post by muzik »

blah wrote:10% is the only percentage that is equal to its fraction. 1/10. Different percentages obviously have different equivalents of this.

There's an incredibly simple explanation for why these occur, and how they occur, which I took way too long to find. Finding the correlation between the limit of a percentage and the percentage which is equal to its fraction will be left as an exercise to the reader.
Doesn't this apply to every base though?
Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.
User avatar
blah
Posts: 324
Joined: April 9th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Re: Random posts

Post by blah »

musik wrote:Doesn't this apply to every base though?
I guess. I never said the solution was nontrivial.
succ
User avatar
cordership3
Posts: 129
Joined: August 23rd, 2016, 8:53 am
Location: Smome tomato
Contact:

grear

Post by cordership3 »

daily diacetone acrylamide
evil twin of cordership2
User avatar
toroidalet
Posts: 1514
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
Location: My computer
Contact:

Is screaning illegal where you live?

Post by toroidalet »

gameoflifemaniac wrote:[redacted]
Why? Did you get mad because I insulted your face?
Or was it that when we goed skateboards you had a bad time?
Or did you harass me because I like Undertale?
Or did it keep hapening?
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
Locked