Random posts
- 83bismuth38
- Posts: 558
- Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 4:23 pm
- Location: perpendicular to your eyes
- Contact:
Re: Random posts
does this reverse Aidan mode
EDIT: yes it does! sadly, only the people who Aidand (Aidan-d? Aidaned? Aidan'd?) can reverse it ):
EDIT: yes it does! sadly, only the people who Aidand (Aidan-d? Aidaned? Aidan'd?) can reverse it ):
looking to support hive five (n+18) and charity's oboo reaction (2n+18)
Code: Select all
x = 28, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
19bo$3bo15bo4b2o$2bobo14bo4bobo$2bobo20b2o$3bo11b3o2$25b3o$b2o22b3o$o
2bo$b2o12b2o$10b2o2bobo$bo8b2o2b2o$obo7b2o!
Re: Random posts
Don't use it outside of the testing grounds.
Thanks
Thanks
i don't know if this will work
this is pretty cool i don't know what i did
Re: Random posts
HOLY CREPE WE MIGHT GET APGSEARCH 4.0 SOON AND IM HYPED
Re: Random posts
A few preparatory changes have been made to Catagolue, namely:drc wrote:HOLY CREPE WE MIGHT GET APGSEARCH 4.0 SOON AND IM HYPED
- Multi-layer apgcodes are correctly interpreted;
- Multicolour static SVGs are displayed for Generations patterns;
- The minimum soups per haul has been increased from 10 000 to 10 000 000 for the singularly annoying symmetry 1x256X2+1. All other symmetries are unaffected.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
-
wwei23
Re: Random posts
So from what I know, 10 million soups produces over a half billion objects. I see what you're doing here. You're increasing the soup per haul limit, so whatever passes has more than 1 MiB, right?calcyman wrote:The minimum soups per haul has been increased from 10 000 to 10 000 000 for the singularly annoying symmetry 1x256X2+1.
Re: Random posts
10 million soups isn't even that large, please. Smith Robert Lawrence once posted a haul with 1490 million soups:wwei23 wrote:So from what I know, 10 million soups produces over a half billion objects. I see what you're doing here. You're increasing the soup per haul limit, so whatever passes has more than 1 MiB, right?calcyman wrote:The minimum soups per haul has been increased from 10 000 to 10 000 000 for the singularly annoying symmetry 1x256X2+1.
https://catagolue.appspot.com/haul/b3s2 ... 480ff36e97
Yes, that had over 32 billion objects in it, which is slightly more than twice as large as the entire 1x256X2+1 census.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
-
wwei23
Re: Random posts
Sorry, if only there was a way to see how much memory was in a haul, it would be much easier to understand.calcyman wrote:10 million soups isn't even that large, please. Smith Robert Lawrence once posted a haul with 1490 million soups:wwei23 wrote:So from what I know, 10 million soups produces over a half billion objects. I see what you're doing here. You're increasing the soup per haul limit, so whatever passes has more than 1 MiB, right?calcyman wrote:The minimum soups per haul has been increased from 10 000 to 10 000 000 for the singularly annoying symmetry 1x256X2+1.
https://catagolue.appspot.com/haul/b3s2 ... 480ff36e97
Yes, that had over 32 billion objects in it, which is slightly more than twice as large as the entire 1x256X2+1 census.
Re: Random posts
Every version of apgsearch can produce log files (thanks to Apple Bottom in the case of v3.x), which are (almost?) identical to the files which are sent to Catagolue:wwei23 wrote:Sorry, if only there was a way to see how much memory was in a haul, it would be much easier to understand.
http://conwaylife.com/wiki/Tutorials/Co ... -searching
If you examine the file sizes of the log files, you'll see how large your hauls are.
Although I agree it would probably be better if this information could be seen on Catagolue.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
Re: Random posts
What rule notation will Larger than Life rules use on Catagolue?
Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.
- toroidalet
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
- Location: My computer
- Contact:
Re: Random posts
Since you appeared to have ignored my PM about sending all your posts to a defunct user (Louis Davidson or Danieldb) I will just post it here: Please don't post your useless pattern collections here.wwei23 wrote:I did. Here's another Sierspinski builder:
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
Re: Random posts
Agreed. We should have a rule for this thread: No talking about CA, at all! gjshdghwjwhsb!!!!toroidalet wrote:Please don't post your useless pattern collections here.
jarring cyan
Re: Random posts
>:Ctoroidalet wrote:defunct user (Louis Davidson or Danieldb)
Just joshing your chops I'm fine with that
-
wwei23
Re: Random posts
Now I get what you mean!toroidalet wrote:Since you appeared to have ignored my PM about sending all your posts to a defunct user (Louis Davidson or Danieldb) I will just post it here: Please don't post your useless pattern collections here.wwei23 wrote:I did. Here's another Sierspinski builder:
- toroidalet
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
- Location: My computer
- Contact:
Re: Random posts
I wonder if w'll ever get apgsearch to run on the Antikythera mechanism. I said apgsearch because according to Adam himself,
Adam on the APGmera gitlab page wrote:apgmera can only run on x86-64 machines. If you have an ancient computer, then the recommended alternative is the Python script.
jarring cyan
Re: Random posts
For range-4 and above, I imagine it will be the same as Kellie Evans' numeric notation, but with identifying letters instead of commas, e.g.:muzik wrote:What rule notation will Larger than Life rules use on Catagolue?
r7b65t95s65t114
for what Kellie Evans calls '7,65,95,65,114' and Mirek calls 'R7,C0,M1,S65..114,B65..95,NM'.
For range-2 and range-3, I intend to support arbitrary non-B0 outer-totalistic rules using a base-16 encoding of the birth and survival conditions.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
Re: Random posts
Will multistate Larger than Life rules be supported? If so, will they use the same g notation that Generations rules do?
Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.
- toroidalet
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
- Location: My computer
- Contact:
Triangular Astatine Frogs
Please stop, you're corrupting the Random posts just like wwei23 did.muzik wrote:Will multistate Larger than Life rules be supported? If so, will they use the same g notation that Generations rules do?
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: Random posts
I agree. That notation is similar to something I developed a while back for my own purposes, but I haven't seen the range included in slashed notation before, and I like it a lot, although possibly the last slash could be omitted for consistency's sake with the notation for specifying neighborhoods, e.g. B3,4,5/S2,3,4R2 or B4/S1,2,3,4R2V. This could also be extended to 1D, 3D, 4D, etc. rules (B3,5/S1,2,3/D1/R4, B6/S6,8/D3, etc.).wwei23 wrote:I would do something like B3,4,5/S2,3,4/R2.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
Re: Random posts
Apgsearch v1.x: Baby/Child Apgsearch, in its young stages.
Apgnano v2.x: Awkward teenage phase, only lasted a very short time.
Apgmera v3.x: Adult stages.
Apgmera v4.x: Apgsearch becomes a cyborg.
Apgnano v2.x: Awkward teenage phase, only lasted a very short time.
Apgmera v3.x: Adult stages.
Apgmera v4.x: Apgsearch becomes a cyborg.
- toroidalet
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
- Location: My computer
- Contact:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38boG_FgxcQ
The emoji movie but every time they say "bee" it gets 5% faster
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.
- toroidalet
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: August 7th, 2016, 1:48 pm
- Location: My computer
- Contact:
Re: Hillary Clinton Dab compilation
This is the oldest post in the OCA board
Any sufficiently advanced software is indistinguishable from malice.