Golden Rules.

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Locked
User avatar
83bismuth38
Posts: 558
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 4:23 pm
Location: perpendicular to your eyes
Contact:

Golden Rules.

Post by 83bismuth38 »

I had this idea, that maybe you could have a specific oscillator or ship, hand have a rule based off of it, being created only for that. then I thought, what if it had every type of that oscillator? so, I made a rule based off of the blinker, which failed horribly on the first few tests, might i add, then i got this:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 5, rule = B3-a4-n5/S02-c34e56-c8
2bo2$5o2b3o2$2bo!
Then, I made one based off of the beacon, which worked MUCH better:

Code: Select all

x = 106, y = 18, rule = B3-i5678/S1234-aq578
97b9o$97b9o$78b8o11b9o$78b8o11b9o$61b7o10b8o11b9o$61b7o10b8o11b9o$46b
6o9b7o10b8o11b9o$46b6o9b7o10b8o11b9o$34b5o7b6o9b7o10b8o11b9o$34b5o7b6o
9b7o10b8o2b9o$23b4o7b5o7b6o9b7o2b8o10b9o$23b4o7b5o7b6o2b7o9b8o10b9o$
14b3o6b4o7b5ob6o8b7o9b8o10b9o$14b3o6b4o2b5o6b6o8b7o9b8o10b9o$6b2o6b3o
2b4o6b5o6b6o8b7o9b8o10b9o$6b2o3b3o5b4o6b5o6b6o8b7o9b8o10b9o$bo2b2o5b3o
5b4o6b5o6b6o8b7o9b8o10b9o$o3b2o5b3o5b4o6b5o6b6o8b7o9b8o10b9o!
after 9, the period is the same, just little ship-like things flow along the edges:

Code: Select all

x = 136, y = 136, rule = B3-i5678/S1234-aq578
68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$
68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$
68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$
68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$
68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$
68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$
68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68b68o$68o$68o$68o$
68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$
68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$
68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$
68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o$68o!
I called it Beaconia (for whatever reason) and There are SO many more, like Toadia, Polythlonia, (polythlons are things like the pentadecathlon) Blinkeria, etc.
if you are going to make one, make sure it's got different forms, like polythlonia, it should be able to make polythlons from almost any number line of cells, (such as you can with a ten-cell line with the pentadecathlon) and blinkeria should have oscillators with a single-cell stator in the exact center, and at half the period the whole thing should be turned 90 degrees. Todia is the toads get longer. I hope that some of the others actually are possible. :)
looking to support hive five (n+18) and charity's oboo reaction (2n+18)

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
19bo$3bo15bo4b2o$2bobo14bo4bobo$2bobo20b2o$3bo11b3o2$25b3o$b2o22b3o$o
2bo$b2o12b2o$10b2o2bobo$bo8b2o2b2o$obo7b2o!
User avatar
praoubl
Posts: 10
Joined: April 18th, 2017, 8:29 pm
Location: The quasi-hyperbolic vector plane of stuffed turkeys

Re: Golden Rules.

Post by praoubl »

That is-in my opinion-very interesting
here's octagon 2's:

Code: Select all

x = 80, y = 80, Rules=B3578/S023678
bo2bo9bo3bo$ob2obo7bob3obo$bo2bo9bo3bo$bo2bo9bo3bo$ob2obo8bo3bo$bo2bo8bob3obo$13bbo3bo!
and (possibly) polythenia

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 9, rule = B3/S023
bo2bob2obo2bo2b$b4ob2ob4o10b12o$bo2bob2obo2bo2b!
Edit: I'm definitly doing this wrong

Code: Select all

x=15, y=14, rule=b3/s23
bo2bob2obo2bo2b$b4ob2ob4o2b$bo2bob2obo2bo2b$15b$15b$15b$15b$15b$2b2o7b2o2b$2bo9bo2b$3b9o3b$3o2b5o2b3o$o2bo2b3o2bo2bo$b2o9b2ob!

Code: Select all

x = 60, y = 60, rule = B1/S12345
o2bo2bo$o2bo2bo$4o2bo$o2bo2bo$o2bo2bo!
Locked