New c/3 spaceship!

For discussion of specific patterns or specific families of patterns in Conway's Game of Life, both newly-discovered and well-known.
Post Reply
Alegend
Posts: 31
Joined: October 5th, 2009, 3:20 pm

New c/3 spaceship!

Post by Alegend »

Well, yeah... I found it with GFIND, making it practically INVINCIBLE, which DOESN'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE! Ugh, I just HAD to quote something Powerthirst-esque. Oh, whatever, I CAN'T KEEP STALLING!

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
b2obobobobob2o$o3b3ob3o3bo$bob2obobob2obo$2bob2o3b2obo$5bo3bo2$5bo3bo$
6b3o$6b3o!
hkoenig
Posts: 299
Joined: June 20th, 2009, 11:40 am

Re: New c/3 spaceship!

Post by hkoenig »

Sorry, but that ship has been known for a while. (34P3H1V0.1)
Alegend
Posts: 31
Joined: October 5th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Re: New c/3 spaceship!

Post by Alegend »

O_O Oh. Sorry. I checked, but I couldn't find it.
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3392
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: New c/3 spaceship!

Post by Sokwe »

It is most commonly referred to as "Dart" and was originally found by David Bell in 1992. If you are curious to see what other c/3 orthogonal spaceships are known, you should download Jason Summers' 'jslife' collection (see here), Stephen Silvers 'ships' collection (see here), and David Bell's 'Archive of c/3 ships and puffers in Life' (see here). Also, fairly extensive c/3 gfind results have been collected here (c3.zip).
-Matthias Merzenich
Post Reply