x = 55, y = 98, rule = wave
4$34.J$45.J25$33.DE$33.J$33.J10.J7$23.J$21.J2$35.F$J32.2H$33.2H$32.G$
12.G3.G15.G2.F$J12.2H2.2H14.2H$13.2H2.2H14.2H$12.G2.2F2.F12.G$16.H2.H
$17.2H5.J10.F$14.J2.2H14.2H$16.H2.H13.2H$23.F4.F3.G$21.2H2.2H2.2H$21.
2H2.2H2.2H$23.GF2.2G$19.G4.G2.2G3.G2.F$17.2H6.2I2EKI2.2H$17.2H6.IH2D
2I2.2H$19.F4.G2$2J22.G2.F19.2J$2J23.2H20.2J$2J23.2H20.J$.J22.G2.G19.
2J$2J45.J$.J22.G2.F19.2J$2J23.2H20.J$.J23.2H20.2J$2J22.G2.G19.J$.J45.
2J$2J22.G2.F19.J$.J23.2H20.2J$2J23.2H20.J$.J22.G2.G19.2J$2J45.J$.J22.
G2.F19.2J$2J23.2H20.J$.J23.2H20.2J$2J22.G2.G19.J$.J45.2J$2J22.G2.F19.
J$.J23.2H20.2J$2J23.2H20.J$.J22.G2.G19.2J$2J45.J$.J22.G2.F19.2J$2J23.
2H20.J$.J23.2H20.2J$2J22.G2.G19.J$.J45.2J$2J22.G2.F19.J$.J23.2H20.2J$
2J23.2H20.2J$2J25.G19.2J!
Excuse the pixel. I'm only using that as a kind of placeholder while I look for a way to interrupt every other signal after it gets split towards the and gate, but before it can make it to the flip-flop loop. Who knows, maybe I'll keep that pixel, but I'm not a big fan of the way it displays right now.
I'm not really sure how that's supposed to be a binary counter, but why are you using period 72? You should use period 80 (move the top two cells up by 4 cells each) to ensure it's synchronised with the loop.
This is why signature character limits are pointless.
Keiji wrote:I'm not really sure how that's supposed to be a binary counter, but why are you using period 72? You should use period 80 (move the top two cells up by 4 cells each) to ensure it's synchronised with the loop.
It made sense in my head at the time of me making it, but now that I think about it, all it does is blink. T_T
I never really bothered with period, so that may be one problem.
x = 48, y = 24, rule = wave
$30.J$33.J4$25.F9.F$.D12.D11.2H2.J5.2H$.E12.E11.2H5.J2.2H3.J$25.G2.G
9.G$28.F6.F2.G$26.2H8.2H2.2I2DHI$26.2H8.2H2.IK2E2I$25.F2.G6.G6.G3.G$
25.F2.G6.F$.D17.D6.2H5.J2.2H3.J$.E17.E6.2H2.J5.2H$28.G9.G4$33.J$30.J!
Also, a half adder.
x = 45, y = 32, rule = wave
$22.J$25.J4$13.F3.F9.F12.J$.D12.2H2.2H2.J5.2H13.J$.E12.2H2.2H5.J2.2H
3.J$13.G2.2G2.G9.G$20.F6.F2.G$18.2H8.2H2.2I2DHI2.J$18.2H8.2H2.IK2E2I
5.J$17.F2.G6.G6.G3.G$9.F3.H2.HF2.G6.F$.D8.2H2.2H2.2H5.J2.2H3.J$.E8.2H
2.2H2.2H2.J5.2H$9.G2.GH2.H3.G9.G4$25.J$22.J$16.F$14.2H$14.2H$13.F2.G
3$15.J$11.J!
Is the Life List good for people with a basic knolege of Life who won't ask too nooby questions but who construct stuff in other rules, looking for people to construct with. Like me?
Top input is add bits to memory, middle is remove, lower is toggle, adding bits to the tape where there are already bits has no effect, same with removing bits that dosn't exist.
In the example below:
bit 'A' is added
a few bits 'B' are added
'A' is removed
a 0 a few behind 'A' is removed having no effect
'B' is then modified demonstraing the toggle input
x = 169, y = 35, rule = wave
3$163.J$133.J3$146.J$149.J4$141.F9.F$98.D2.2D.D17.D10.2I2DHI3.2H2.J5.
2H$98.E2.2E.E17.E10.IK2E2I3.2H5.J2.2H3.J$135.G3.G.G2.G9.G$132.F2.G8.F
6.F2.G$30.D3.D98.2HJ6.2H8.2H2.2I2DHI2.J$30.E3.E98.2HJ6.2H8.2H2.IK2E2I
$132.G2.G5.F2.G6.G6.G3.G$141.F2.G6.F$6.D.D3.D120.2I2DHI3.2H5.J2.2H3.J
$6.E.E3.E120.IK2E2I3.2H2.J5.2H$135.G3.G4.G9.G4$149.J$146.J!
It still need a read input, and the 3 outputs 'read 0', 'read 1' and 'read'.
Then thease were connected up correctly then one could get a binary counter with operations such as increment.