Well, it's not really a conduit though since the block doesn't recover...BlinkerSpawn wrote:Well now we have an S-to-A and S-to-T, which means that all we really need is an X-to-S.
That being said, I'm not sure if any of the applicable scripts are applicable to rules other than Life...
tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
-
Sphenocorona
- Posts: 549
- Joined: April 9th, 2013, 11:03 pm
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
- BlinkerSpawn
- Posts: 1993
- Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
- Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
It appears I forgot something.Sphenocorona wrote:Well, it's not really a conduit though since the block doesn't recover...BlinkerSpawn wrote:Well now we have an S-to-A and S-to-T, which means that all we really need is an X-to-S.
That being said, I'm not sure if any of the applicable scripts are applicable to rules other than Life...
Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 16, rule = B3/S2-i34q
11b2o$11bo$9bobo$9b2o9$bo$b2o$o2bo$2bo!
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Until generation 36 or so, the beginning of a promising S-->X conduit but more work is needed
Useless but funny, same pattern reflects differently according to glider lane:
[/size]
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 16, rule = B3/S2-i34q
o$3o4bo$3bo2bobo$2b2o3bo9$2bo$2b2o$bo2bo$3bo!
Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 30, rule = B3/S2-i34q
bo4bo$obo2bobo$bo2bobo$2b3o$5bo$4b2o3$10b2o$9b2o$11bo9$bo4bo$obo2bobo$
bo2bobo$2b3o$5bo$4b2o3$10b3o$10bo$11bo!
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Two S-to-Gs:
Edit: A S-to-T:
Code: Select all
x = 21, y = 17, rule = B3/S2-i34q
3bo$3b3o13b2o$6bo12bo$5b2o10bobo$17b2o8$2o$2o7bo$9b2o$8bo2bo$10bo!Code: Select all
x = 17, y = 16, rule = B3/S2-i34q
15b2o$15bo$13bobo$13b2o2$2o$obo$bo5$5bo$5b2o$4bo2bo$6bo!Code: Select all
x = 22, y = 22, rule = TLifeHistory
6.3B$6.3B$6.3B$6.4B$5.7B$4.9B$2C.9B8.2C$C.C9B8.C$.CB.9B4.BC.C$4.12B.B
2C$4.10B2C2B$4.8B.BC.CB$5.7B3.2C$4.BC6B$3.2B2C6B$3.BC2BC5B$3.3BC7B$3.
10B$5.8B$6.6B$7.5B$8.3B!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
An amusing c/10 partial that pushes a mirrored cap:
Code: Select all
x = 22, y = 10, rule = tlife
4b2o$3bo2bo$3b4o2$3b4o$3bo2bo$4b2o2$4b2o$2b2o2b2o$bobo2bobo$o3b2o3b
o$3bo2bo$3bo2bo$ob2o2b2obo$2bob2obo$4b2o2$2bob2obo$bo6bo$bo6bo$2ob4
ob2o!former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Neat. I can confirm no ships found at that width with modified gfind either. I presume that's a result from modified zfind and that you are running the width 12 search now? I estimate it would take about a day to run the corresponding search in modified gfind which is presumably a lot longer than modified zfind.A for awesome wrote:An amusing c/10 partial that pushes a mirrored cap:Code: Select all
rle
Here are a few c/7 partials I found long ago but didn't get around to posting:
Code: Select all
x = 56, y = 39, rule = B3/S2-i34q
bo12bo$bo2bo6bo2bo$b2obo6bob2o$3bo8bo$3b3o4b3o$6b4o$2bo4b2o4bo$2b5o2b
5o$4bo6bo$4bobo2bobo$2b3o2b2o2b3o28bo2bo5bo2bo$b3o3b2o3b3o30bo5bo$2o2b
3o2b3o2b2o27bo3bobo3bo$5b2o2b2o31bobob2ob2obobo$42bo3bo3bo3bo$5b6o31b
4o5b4o$6bo2bo32bobo7bobo$2obo2bo2bo2bob2o$b3ob2o2b2ob3o26bo2bo7bo2bo$
7b2o32bo2bo7bo2bo$bo4bo2bo4bo27b3o7b3o$bo2bob4obo2bo29b2o5b2o$3b10o$
45bo5bo$5b2o2b2o34b2o3b2o$6bo2bo35bobobobo$2bob2o4b2obo32bo3bo$bo2b2o
4b2o2bo32bobo$o3bo6bo3bo30b2ob2o$bo12bo28bo2b2ob2o2bo$3bo8bo29bobob2ob
2obobo$bo2bo6bo2bo27bob2o5b2obo$bobo8bobo29bo7bo$2bo10bo30b2obobob2o$
45bo5bo$5bob2obo34bobobobo$5bo4bo34bobobobo$5b6o34bobobobo$7b2o37bo3bo
!The 5S project (Smallest Spaceships Supporting Specific Speeds) is now maintained by AforAmpere. The latest collection is hosted on GitHub and contains well over 1,000,000 spaceships.
Semi-active here - recovering from a severe case of LWTDS.
Semi-active here - recovering from a severe case of LWTDS.
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
I actually found a c/8 partial that did the same thing, but I lost it.wildmyron wrote:Neat. I can confirm no ships found at that width with modified gfind either. I presume that's a result from modified zfind and that you are running the width 12 search now?A for awesome wrote:An amusing c/10 partial that pushes a mirrored cap:Code: Select all
rle
No ships at w6 (width 12) either. I don't plan on running w7 just yet because it would take an egregiously long time. I'm currently running p8 k1 w8 v; I didn't run the w7 equivalent, so I don't know about that. I believe I have ruled out all w6 ships in all settings with a period of 10 or less except 2c/10 (All of my searches there just turned up T's), in addition to p11 k5 and p11 k4. I think it's actually reasonably likely that an odd-symmetric 5c/11 ship exists, just probably at w11 or 12 or so. I started a p11 k5 w9 u search a bit ago, but it tried to crash my computer so I stopped it.
By the way, sorry about the inverted dimensions on the RLE. I don't have access to Golly, so I'm using a python script with a CA simulator I wrote myself to generate the RLE and there are a few bugs.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
I just finished p8 k1 w8 v; no ships. The longest partial was this one:
Here are four more long-ish partials:
Code: Select all
x = 16, y = 40, rule = tlife
3bo8bo$2bo10bo$2b2o8b2o$7b2o$2b3o2b2o2b3o$5bo4bo$2b3ob4ob3o$5b6o$5b
o4bo$4bobo2bobo$4b3o2b3o$2b2ob2o2b2ob2o$2bo2bo4bo2bo$b2ob2o4b2ob2o$
2bobo6bobo$2b2o8b2o$3bob6obo$3bo8bo$2bob8obo$bobo3b2o3bobo$bobo8bob
o$5bo4bo$b3obo4bob3o$b3o8b3o$4bo6bo$bo3b2o2b2o3bo$2o12b2o$7b2o$2bob
o6bobo$2bo4b2o4bo$b3o2bo2bo2b3o$bo3b6o3bo$bo3b2o2b2o3bo$2bo10bo$2b3
o6b3o$2bob8obo$b2o2bo4bo2b2o$bo4bo2bo4bo$3o2b2o2b2o2b3o$b3ob2o2b2ob
3o!Code: Select all
x = 16, y = 34, rule = tlife
7b2o4$7b2o$b3o8b3o$2bo2bo4bo2bo$4bob4obo$3b2obo2bob2o$3b2ob4ob2o$3b
obo4bobo2$5bob2obo$3bo2bo2bo2bo$4bo6bo$2bo10bo$2bo10bo$3bo2b4o2bo$4
b2ob2ob2o2$bo2bo6bo2bo$b4obo2bob4o$4bob4obo$3b2o2b2o2b2o$bob2o6b2ob
o$2bobobo2bobobo$4bo2b2o2bo$4bo2b2o2bo$b3o8b3o$o2bo2bo2bo2bo2bo$2bo
2bob2obo2bo$bob2ob4ob2obo$b2o3bo2bo3b2o$obo10bobo!
Code: Select all
x = 16, y = 35, rule = tlife
7b2o$5bo4bo$4bo6bo2$5b2o2b2o$2b4o4b4o$bo5b2o5bo$2b3o6b3o$2bob2o4b2o
bo$5bob2obo$3bo8bo$3bo8bo$2bobo6bobo$2b3o6b3o$4bo6bo$obo4b2o4bobo$b
2obob4obob2o$bo3b2o2b2o3bo$6bo2bo$2b2o8b2o$2b2o3b2o3b2o$bobo2b4o2bo
bo$2b2obo4bob2o$3b2o6b2o2$4bo6bo$3b3o4b3o$2b2obo4bob2o2$b4o6b4o$4bo
6bo$bobo8bobo2$2bob8obo$b3o8b3o!
Code: Select all
x = 16, y = 38, rule = tlife
7b2o$5bo4bo$5bo4bo$5bo4bo$6bo2bo2$4bobo2bobo$5b2o2b2o$5b2o2b2o2$4bo
6bo$4bo6bo$3b2ob4ob2o$7b2o2$2b3o6b3o$bo3bo4bo3bo$bo4b4o4bo$4bo2b2o2
bo$4bob4obo$5bo4bo$b3o8b3o$b3o8b3o$bobo8bobo$3b2o6b2o$bo3bo4bo3bo$b
obob2o2b2obobo$bo4bo2bo4bo$3o2bo4bo2b3o$5obo2bob5o$bobo2b4o2bobo$3b
2ob4ob2o$5bo4bo$2bob2o4b2obo$obob2ob2ob2obobo$2o3bob2obo3b2o$4bo6bo
$2bo2b2o2b2o2bo!
Code: Select all
x = 16, y = 39, rule = tlife
7b2o$6bo2bo$6bo2bo$7b2o2$4b2o4b2o$6bo2bo$4b2ob2ob2o$5b2o2b2o2$6bo2b
o$4b3o2b3o$7b2o$4bobo2bobo$3bo8bo$3b2ob4ob2o$3b3o4b3o$2b2o8b2o$bo2b
o6bo2bo$bobo8bobo$4bo6bo$3bo8bo$2bo2b6o2bo$2b2o3b2o3b2o$3bo3b2o3bo$
2b2o2bo2bo2b2o$b2o10b2o$obo10bobo$ob3o6b3obo$bo3b2o2b2o3bo$2b2ob6ob
2o$5bo4bo2$3ob3o2b3ob3o$6bo2bo$bo2bobo2bobo2bo$b2o2b2o2b2o2b2o$o3bo
6bo3bo!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
p33 eats a glider. No use for that lane though for other reactions, as far as I know, so it's a shame.
Do any non-trivial xp5280 exist by combining p33 with p160?
Code: Select all
x = 22, y = 23, rule = B3/S2-i34q
2bo$obo$b2o10$11bo7bo$9b2o9b2o$9b2o9b2o$9b2o9b2o4$9b2o9b2o$9b2o9b2o$9b
2o9b2o$11bo7bo!
- BlinkerSpawn
- Posts: 1993
- Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
- Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
The known T-making reactions fail almost immediately, and the glider-making reactions 1/5th of the way through a cycle.Rhombic wrote:p33 eats a glider. No use for that lane though for other reactions, as far as I know, so it's a shame.Do any non-trivial xp5280 exist by combining p33 with p160?Code: Select all
x = 22, y = 23, rule = B3/S2-i34q 2bo$obo$b2o10$11bo7bo$9b2o9b2o$9b2o9b2o$9b2o9b2o4$9b2o9b2o$9b2o9b2o$9b 2o9b2o$11bo7bo!
The explanation for the 1/5th is left as an exercise for the reader.
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
934M:
Code: Select all
x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S2-i34q
obobo$2ob3o$o3bo$2b3o$4b2o$3b3o!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Why are the frequencies of the first 7 combinations of xp160 an order of magnitude above that of the other 4684 positions? I can't see any common parents/deviations that form some but not the others.
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
There could be a synthesis in here, if somebody knows how to synthesize the active object in gen 84:
A new T gun:
Code: Select all
x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S2-i34q
oboobbbbbobbbbbo$
booboobboobobobb$
boboobbobbboobbo$
bboboobboobbbbbb$
obobbbbbobobobbo$
oobbbooobobbobob$
obobbbbobbbbbbbb$
bbooobobobbbobbo$
obooboooooobbobo$
bboobooobobbobbb$
ooooooboooobbbob$
oobboobboobooboo$
bobooobbooooobob$
bobbbbboobbboobb$
ooobbbbooboooboo$
oobbobobbobobobb!
Code: Select all
x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S2-i34q
oobobobbooooobbb$
oboobboobbobobbb$
bobobobbooobbooo$
boobobbbbbbobobb$
oobboobbboobbbob$
obooobooboobbbbb$
ooobobooobooobob$
oobbobboobbbobbb$
bbbboooooooboobb$
boboobbobobobbbo$
ooobbobbooobbooo$
oobobooboobbbbbb$
oboboobobbobbbbb$
obbobobobooobooo$
bbbbbbboobooooob$
oobbobobobooobob!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
- BlinkerSpawn
- Posts: 1993
- Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
- Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's
Re: tlife
BlinkerSpawn, on January 12th wrote:Managed to finally synthesize the weird 23-bitter from 13G:Code: Select all
x = 21, y = 17, rule = tlife 6b2o$6b2o$16bo$15bo$5bo9b3o$4bobo$5bobo$6b2o2$12b2o$12bobo3b3o$12bo5bo $7b2o10bo$6bo2bo$b2o4b2o4b2o$obo10bobo$2bo10bo!
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife
I totally forgot about that, sorry. The predecessor in the soup seems like it could possibly reduce that synthesis, though.BlinkerSpawn wrote:BlinkerSpawn, on January 12th wrote:Managed to finally synthesize the weird 23-bitter from 13G:Code: Select all
x = 21, y = 17, rule = tlife 6b2o$6b2o$16bo$15bo$5bo9b3o$4bobo$5bobo$6b2o2$12b2o$12bobo3b3o$12bo5bo $7b2o10bo$6bo2bo$b2o4b2o4b2o$obo10bobo$2bo10bo!
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
- BlinkerSpawn
- Posts: 1993
- Joined: November 8th, 2014, 8:48 pm
- Location: Getting a snacker from R-Bee's
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Indeed it should, and looking at the active object in isolation it's final ash pattern looks very familiar, although it's been so long since I seriously looked into this rule that I have no idea in what context I stumbled across it
.
New 4G synth found while looking for a suitable B+G collision:
Two lines of attack:
New 4G synth found while looking for a suitable B+G collision:
Code: Select all
x = 38, y = 23, rule = B3/S2-i34q
35bo$35bobo$35b2o$bo$2bo$3o14$19bo$14b2o2bo$15b2ob3o$14bo!
Code: Select all
x = 47, y = 16, rule = B3/S2-i34q
37bo$38bo$8b2o28bo$2o4b2obo20b2o3bob2o$2o4b3o21b2o3b2o$6b2o7$14bo29bo$
13bobo27bobo$13bo2bo26bo2bo$14b2o28b2o!
- Hdjensofjfnen
- Posts: 1770
- Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
- Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
What the!?
Code: Select all
x = 37, y = 7, rule = B3/S2-i34q
2o2bo3bob4o6bob5ob2o2bo2b2o$o3bo3bobo3bo5bobo5bobobo3bo$o3bo3bobo3bo5b
obo5bobobo3bo$o3b5obo3bo5bob3o3bobobo3bo$o3bo3bobo3bobo3bobo5bobobo3bo
$o3bo3bobo3bobo3bobo5bobobo3bo$2o2bo3bob4o3b3o2b5obo2b2o2b2o!
- PHPBB12345
- Posts: 1150
- Joined: August 5th, 2015, 11:55 pm
- Contact:
- Hdjensofjfnen
- Posts: 1770
- Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
- Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Interesting yet useless:
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 19, rule = B3/S2-i34q
3bo$3bo$2b3o8$b2o$o$b2o$2b2o3$5b2o$5b3o$5b2o!
- Hdjensofjfnen
- Posts: 1770
- Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
- Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
653M:
After a little investigation, this, I realize, is pretty common:
So is this:
And possibly this constellation, too.
EDIT: This is exceptionally rare, occurring about 1/8th as commonly as the first oscillator:
EDIT 2: Take that back. It's even rarer than that!
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 21, rule = B3/S2-i34q
3b2o$2bobo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo$2bo
$2bo$2bo$obo$2o!
Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3/S2-i34q
b2o$o2bo$3o$bo!
Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 3, rule = B3/S2-i34q
b2o$o2bo$4o!
Code: Select all
x = 11, y = 7, rule = B3/S2-i34q
b2o5b2o$o2bo3bo2bo$3o5b3o2$3o5b3o$o2bo3bo2bo$b2o5b2o!Code: Select all
x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S2-i34q
2b2o$bo2bo$ob2obo$ob2obo$bo2bo$2b2o!
- Hdjensofjfnen
- Posts: 1770
- Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
- Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Ok, two glider synthesis of the volatility 1 rotator thingy:
Code: Select all
x = 3, y = 9, rule = B3/S2-i34q
bo$o$3o4$2o$obo$o!
- Hdjensofjfnen
- Posts: 1770
- Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
- Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Synthesis of a T gun:
Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 9, rule = B3/S2-i34q
bo9bo$o11bo$3o7b3o4$2o9b2o$obo7bobo$o11bo!
- gmc_nxtman
- Posts: 1158
- Joined: May 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
Hdjensofjfnen wrote:After a little investigation, this, I realize, is pretty common:
Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3/S2-i34q b2o$o2bo$3o$bo!
- Hdjensofjfnen
- Posts: 1770
- Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
- Location: Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
What have I done?
Code: Select all
x = 43, y = 9, rule = B3/S2-i34q
bo9bo19bo9bo$o11bo17bo11bo$3o7b3o17b3o7b3o4$2o9b2o17b2o9b2o$obo7bobo
17bobo7bobo$o11bo17bo11bo!
- praosylen
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
- Location: Pembina University, Home of the Gliders
- Contact:
Re: tlife (B3/S2-i34q)
@Hdjensofjfnen, pretty much everything you have just posted is either known or doesn't actually work. Please check the rest of this topic before posting anything else here, and make sure your gliders can come from infinity before posting syntheses.
former username: A for Awesome
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
praosylen#5847 (Discord)
The only decision I made was made
of flowers, to jump universes to one of springtime in
a land of former winter, where no invisible walls stood,
or could stand for more than a few hours at most...
