A good glider synthesis script?

For scripts to aid with computation or simulation in cellular automata.
Post Reply
TLUL
Posts: 15
Joined: January 24th, 2010, 1:16 am

A good glider synthesis script?

Post by TLUL »

Hi everyone,

I haven't really experimented much with using scripts in Golly, and I was hoping to get into it a bit more. First off, I'm looking for a script to find glider syntheses for simple patterns. Can you offer any suggestions, and perhaps a basic explanation of how to use one of these scripts?

Thanks,
TLUL
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3384
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: A good glider synthesis script?

Post by Sokwe »

Although I don't know of a Golly python script designed for generating collisions of specific input patterns or filtering results, the pd-glider.py script provided with Golly shows how python can be used to generate the collisions by slight modifications to the code. There is also Gencols by Paul Callahan (written in C, and available here as a shell archive).
-Matthias Merzenich
Post Reply