Replicator in WWEJ

For discussion of other cellular automata.
Post Reply
User avatar
Aieou
Posts: 8
Joined: August 30th, 2015, 6:31 am

Replicator in WWEJ

Post by Aieou »

Heyo! I decided to make a replicator. I chose WWEJ to do it. More information is included in the zip file, namely in the comment field of WWEJ_self_replicator.mc.gz and in the script files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/un7ivve8c1inz ... s.zip?dl=0

Note: The tape reader was taken mostly unchanged from someone else's builder. Does anybody know if it was Mark or someone else who made it? I'd like to give credit. Another thing I used was a signal diode for a few different special heads, which I modified to work with all different signal heads. Everything else, I made by myself.

Image
User avatar
Aieou
Posts: 8
Joined: August 30th, 2015, 6:31 am

Re: Replicator in WWEJ

Post by Aieou »

I posted this file almost a year ago... I hope this necro is allowed, just because literally no one even looked at it.
In such a small forum, I guess that's expected, but I kind of wanted at least one response.

I recognize this machine could be greatly improved - both improvements directly towards replication (such as implicit retracts and a more efficient code for storing the structure to be built) and just in general towards the function of a constructor (such as asymptotically faster memory, using something without "call-and-response"), but come on. It took me months to make it, and it's been nearly a year and still no one has even commented on it.

I included the rule (WWEJ) and full documentation for every part of the code and machine. Couldn't someone at least take a look at it?

I apologize if this sounds like whining, or if this necro is not allowed. Sorry.
User avatar
blah
Posts: 324
Joined: April 9th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Re: Replicator in WWEJ

Post by blah »

I guess that's a common occurence on this forum. This is obviously very impressive, but the nature of this community isn't very conducive to people posting just to say that they're impressed; people usually just respond if they actually have something to add. And I've never heard of WWEJ, nor am I even interested in replicators. I can kind of sympathise; I mentioned creating an entire computer and nobody really cared (I'm still working on it.). I've made plenty of things in Logic Land; but I'm not sure how to make anyone care.

I don't have a solution. Anyway, nice replicator.
succ
Post Reply