Introductions

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
VeryKewlMeowl
Posts: 3
Joined: January 31st, 2026, 5:48 pm
Location: jimmy's butthole (england)
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by VeryKewlMeowl »

i like cats.
i found this when i was small and i liekd it
now i have re-found it.
INFINITE POSSIBILITTIES?!??! WOWZERS!
i have le ~whimsy~
or at least i like to thingk that :|
MEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWMEOWWW
abusing the bb code >:3>
this is my fave colour
:3
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 312
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: Introductions

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

I honestly hate the username I gave myself for this website, and I have no clue why I chose it in the first place, but oh well.

Hello, I'm TheWayOfTheCon. I discovered Conway's Game Of Life around 2025, and I became fascinated by what patterns and "laws" of the Life universe can arise from the simple rules. I made this account last year, posted a bit, and lost interest somewhat, just looking at what was new on the LifeWiki every few weeks. But I'm back now, I guess.

I'm not huge into math or computer science, and right now I enjoy CGOL as a casual interest. One rule I'm looking into is LowLife (B3/S13), and I think I find it interesting because for being one digit off from Life itself, it significantly differs from it in terms of pattern evolution. What I want to do in that rule it find some simple technologies, maybe even a gun.

I hope to become more familiar with cellular automata and get comfortable in this niche community.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

Still learning the ropes of cellular automata, focused on one OCA at a time. My current interest is B35/S126 and range-two LTLs.
Howard_Milano
Posts: 4
Joined: April 29th, 2026, 11:23 am

Re: Introductions

Post by Howard_Milano »

Conway's Game of Life book is helping me to be less intimidated by the enormous amount of patterns and names of Game of Life, wished I had it in the last 40+ years of playing with Game of Life. Right now, I'm interested in creating and dissecting guns, and shooting gun output streams at objects or other streams. E.g. a Gosper Glider Gun eating gliders.

Code: Select all

#N P30 Oscillator
#C Howard Milano April 27, 2026
x = 57, y = 22, rule = B3/S23
85b1o$83b1o1b1o$75b2o4b2o18b2o$75b2o4b2o17b1o3b1o$81b2o16b1o5b1o3b
2o$83b1o1b1o4b1o8b1o3b1o1b2o2b2o$85b1o3b1o9b1o5b1o$89b3o2b1o5b1o3b
1o$101b2o$4$66b2o$65b1o3b1o$64b1o5b1o7b1o$54b2o8b1o3b1o1b2o4b1o1b1o
$54b2o8b1o5b1o3b2o$65b1o3b1o4b2o12b2o$66b2o6b2o12b2o$76b1o1b1o$78b
1o$! 
User avatar
otismo
Posts: 1576
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 1:41 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by otismo »

Welcome to our Community !

To Howard_Milano, TheWayOfTheCon, and VeryKewlMeowl.

[and new members on previous pages]

here are six "engineered" spaceships i m a big fan of

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 2, rule = B2cen3in6c/S12e3n5j6k
b2o$o!

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 5, rule = B35cj6ce7/S34-cry5-jnr6ci78
o3b2o$bo2bobo$b7o$bo2bobo$o3b2o!

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = B3aijkr4ej5e/S2-ci3-ak4einrz5c6c
3o$obo$2bo!

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 5, rule = B35ay/S2-i3-e4ey5j
2bo$b2o$2obo$bobo$2b2o!

Code: Select all

#C [[ AUTOSTART MAXIMIZE AUTOHIDEGUI ZOOM 21 GPS 8 NEIGHBOR LOOP 210 ]]
x = 77, y = 6, rule = B2i34cjq5kny6-n78/S3-jkq4aikqrz5cky678
bob2o$2b2obo$5obo69bo$7o$2ob2obo$2bob2o!

Code: Select all

#C [[ TITLE "FirePuffer" ]]
x = 55, y = 18, rule = 01345/34/25
41.A$36.A2.3AB3.A$34.A4.2A2CA4.A$31.AP.V4.2AC2BD$22.A5.2APQNO.W3.CB3E
CA4.A$21.4A2.P2AMNROPX.XWH2DG2D$20.2A2B3AO2QNO.Q4.IHGFIFG$20.EAD3A.2P
SPX5.JOMKJGH7.A$19.2A2FAG.S2TVST3.AJK2MJ2I$18.ADAF2HAFS2TWU6.OLKL8.A$
3.CBAIHGONMUTS.A.2ACEJ2AERARSVX5.U.A$2.D2AJ2AP2AV2A.3AJKFJLAVWRVXQFG
4.ST7.BA$3AE2AK2AQ2AW3AD2AJLKP2AVXW.EH2A2.RUAS4.ECBAB2A$2ACEGIKMOQSUW
2.A.3AGJ4ASVDCG2A.QA2S3.BCFD2C2A$2AC2AI2AO2AU2A.2AD2HAIAP2TAUC3AG.ONQ
RS.3A2D3A5.X$.B2AH2AN2AT6AEFG2KAQRS2WDCEF2.PNOR3.A4B2A3.2AW$2.A2.GFEM
LKSRQ.XW3.JIJ3.VUV6.OA4.2A3BA.A2.2A.X$21.A5.A5.A5.A3.3A5.WVWA!
<3
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
1and0nlycordershippr
Posts: 369
Joined: December 20th, 2025, 8:34 pm
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by 1and0nlycordershippr »

Hello.
I’m 1and0nlycordershippr.
I have been interested in CA for about two years now.
I once made “Linguini Park” in the Linguini rule, but it’s gone.
Aside from that, I like fractals.
My rule: R2,C0,S2-3,B3,N@A82415
“R2 Coexistence”
weird

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 12, rule = R4,C2,S2-3,B3,N@000000038181c0000005
obo$b2o$bo8$6b2o$6b2o!
User avatar
NNlk05
Posts: 694
Joined: January 14th, 2026, 8:42 pm
Location: Exploring in the Jungle of the INT Rulespace
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by NNlk05 »

Well, I never introduced myself in this thread anyways either...
Here I go!

Hell, I am NNlk05. I am from China but now lives in Canada, so forgive if my English is not that well. In my spare time I read, program, play Minecraft, and do CA (dun) (One thing I never do is go outside). I used to have a old account on the Forums called "lk050807", however I lost the password after a disc crash and decided to call it quits. During my break, I got jumped by CA 3 times: 2 times on the Minecraft Wiki (see the page 'Water") and once on Discord with someone with a CLL server tag. After the 3rd time, I decided to join the Discord again and made a Forums account shortly after that. I was a big Sandbox user back in the day and is now striving to use the Sandbox less and explore OCA (My favourite OCA pattern is in my signature.) and later, hopefully, make contributions to CGoL. However, the Sandbox is coming back to haunt me...
Viewing profile - NNlk05 wrote: Total posts:172 | Search user’s posts
(0.08% of all posts / 1.10 posts per day)
Most active forum:The Sandbox
(52 Posts / 30.23% of your posts)
Most active topic:
NNlk05's Junk Bin
(11 Posts / 6.40% of your posts)
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes.

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 3, rule = B34twz/S23
b2o4b2o$obo4bobo$2bo4bo!
[[ AUTOSTART AUTOHIDEGUI TRACK 0 -47/270 ZOOM 4 GPS 45 STEP 3 THEME BOOK ]]
https://nnlk05.github.io

=3
User avatar
J5L
Posts: 73
Joined: July 31st, 2026, 8:53 am
Location: Flower Garden

Re: Introductions

Post by J5L »

i did not introduce myself before, sorry for necropost
Hello, my name is J5L, i am from Indonesia(same as Saka's country), I like discovering INT rules, and when i make a nice rule, i am happy.
JayFiveEll.
Trying to complete the p17 pentadecathlon rephasal partial.
OCAfan55
Posts: 112
Joined: October 26th, 2025, 4:07 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by OCAfan55 »

What do you know, I never introduced myself either. I am OCAFan55, as you can tell, I am interested in lots of Other Cellular Automata, especially INT. Most of the rules that I like have ~2-3 natural ships, a high period osc, a simple common catalyst, or other interesting behavior. I'm not as skilled at engineering and developing rules as everyone else (I don't have any search programs except a web version of rls), but i'm trying my best. :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B34ij5e6kn/S23-kn4nqtyz5j6a
$3bo$3bo$b3o6$10bo$9bobo$10bo!
I love unexpected catalysts
User avatar
unname4798
Posts: 2552
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
Location: Near ConwayLife servers

Re: Introductions

Post by unname4798 »

Y'all please stop with the late introductions. "Better never than late."™
atanisaduts
Posts: 15
Joined: September 2nd, 2026, 6:29 am
Location: dont dox me pls
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by atanisaduts »

hello there I just got here 2 days ago
I am atanisaduts and I am obsessed with cgol (idk why tho maybe just fun)
IsaacM35
Posts: 2
Joined: September 11th, 2026, 10:57 am

Re: Introductions

Post by IsaacM35 »

Hello all. Long-time lurker on the wiki side, mostly reading pattern pages when I should be working.

Background is ordinary software, nothing academic. I got into Life through Golly about six years ago after a colleague showed me a glider gun and I have never really got past the "stare at oscillators" stage. I still write the occasional script to search small still lifes, badly.

Mostly here to read, but I will chime in where I can be useful.
Beaniebutlargest
Posts: 1
Joined: September 23rd, 2026, 3:43 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by Beaniebutlargest »

Hello I am back from a yearlong break under a different account.
I am not very good at doing stuff like this but I find it quite interesting.
Here is a pattern for the road:

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
b2o$2bo$o$2o3b2o$2bobobo$2bobo$3bobo$bobobo$b2o3b2o$7bo$5bo$5b2o!
IOI-655321
Ya'll get the reference?
8)
Post Reply