LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
User avatar
NNlk05
Posts: 694
Joined: January 14th, 2026, 8:42 pm
Location: Exploring in the Jungle of the INT Rulespace
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by NNlk05 »

derbil0 wrote: August 31st, 2026, 1:06 pm also, I found a somewhat interesting automata, but I'm not sure where I should share the discoveries since there is a rule against posting your own discoveries.
:) :)
Check out LifeWiki:Notability first.
You should also post your new CA in "Thread For Your Unrecognised CA first.
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes.

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 3, rule = B34twz/S23
b2o4b2o$obo4bobo$2bo4bo!
[[ AUTOSTART AUTOHIDEGUI TRACK 0 -47/270 ZOOM 4 GPS 45 STEP 3 THEME BOOK ]]
https://nnlk05.github.io

=3
hash0
Posts: 130
Joined: February 5th, 2026, 5:51 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by hash0 »

Dear moderators,

I humbly request my newly created LifeWiki account, Hash0, to be added to the trusted accounts.

I would like to add the following pattern that I discovered in February 2026 and which was subsequently identified to be a previously unknown Agar of periodicity 314 by forum user PK22 (see this thread: https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic ... 7&start=44 ):

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S23:T16,16
bobo12b$o2bo12b$3o13b$$$$$3b2o11b$2bo2bo10b$2bobo3b2o6b$3bo3bobo6b$o5bo2bo5bo$bo5b2o5bob$o13bob$15bo$2bo13b!
If there are no objections to it, I propose the name "Tännhauser Gate" for this Agar.

EDIT: Just discovered the "no creating articles of your own discoveries" rule and will abide. I have posted to the unsure discoveries thread: https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic ... 57#p234257
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12030
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

hash0 wrote: September 2nd, 2026, 12:49 am EDIT: Just discovered the "no creating articles of your own discoveries" rule and will abide. I have posted to the unsure discoveries thread: https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic ... 57#p234257
I've added the trusted flag. A couple of suggestions about "Tännhauser Gate" and other Glyph Hunter/HASHWAR discoveries:

1) there's no harm in adding pages documenting your discoveries under your user page, e.g., links to your code and collected discoveries from User:Hash0/GlyphHunter or similar. The rule about not documenting one's own discoveries is aimed at the main namespace, where "newbie discoverers" very naturally want to make up names for their own finds and get them documented -- but if everyone did that, we'd end up with an awful lot of random clutter.

2) A long-running search that makes a lot of discoveries tends to be much more noteworthy than one-at-a-time patterns with custom names. Do you have records of the specific patterns in your "frontier" categories -- the rarest highest-period agars? Seems like people might be interested in looking through a big collection of results like that; maybe a few of the agars could be converted into finite oscillators, etc., etc.

(But a good starting place for posting that kind of curated collection would still be a forum thread like your Hashwar thread.)
User avatar
MortezaRahmani
Posts: 32
Joined: August 4th, 2026, 3:59 am
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by MortezaRahmani »

Hello, I'd like to request my LifeWiki account (User:MortezaRahmani) to be 'trusted'. Thanks!
Morteza Rahmani
Mathematics · Cellular Automata · Fractals
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12030
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

MortezaRahmani wrote: September 4th, 2026, 3:32 pm Hello, I'd like to request my LifeWiki account (User:MortezaRahmani) to be 'trusted'. Thanks!
Welcome to the LifeWiki! Please read a few posts back in this thread for the usual cautionary notes about where you can document your own work (e.g., your own user page and whatever subpages you create) and where that's not generally a good idea (in LifeWiki's main namespace).

Here on the forums is a good place to hash out how to get your information into the LifeWiki -- and it looks like you've already been doing that very effectively on the thread that you started.

It does still seem to me that the CA that you would like to name "Toranj" is completely isomorphic to standard Life-like B34/S23, or rather to its somewhat arbitrary northwest-traveling equivalent R2,C2,S3-4,B3-4,NW0000000000001110011100111. B34/S23 has its own very short thread on the forums from back in 2016, and quite a few matches if you search the forums -- 22 pages of them.

The search system is not very good, to say the least, so the great majority of the matches are false positives -- but you can see enough real matches to show that the rule is well known on the forums. There have been previous attempts to name the rule, most recently "a world on fire". Artem Dergachev was investigating this rule as far back as 2006, but I don't think any name was assigned to the rule back then, just the general label "alien Life" for all the rules in the table.
User avatar
J5L
Posts: 73
Joined: July 31st, 2026, 8:53 am
Location: Flower Garden

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by J5L »

I wanna request to trust my account(username: J5L), If so, thank you and have a nice day!
JayFiveEll.
Trying to complete the p17 pentadecathlon rephasal partial.
User avatar
MortezaRahmani
Posts: 32
Joined: August 4th, 2026, 3:59 am
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by MortezaRahmani »

dvgrn wrote: September 4th, 2026, 6:31 pm
MortezaRahmani wrote: September 4th, 2026, 3:32 pm Hello, I'd like to request my LifeWiki account (User:MortezaRahmani) to be 'trusted'. Thanks!
Welcome to the LifeWiki! Please read a few posts back in this thread for the usual cautionary notes about where you can document your own work (e.g., your own user page and whatever subpages you create) and where that's not generally a good idea (in LifeWiki's main namespace).

Here on the forums is a good place to hash out how to get your information into the LifeWiki -- and it looks like you've already been doing that very effectively on the thread that you started.

It does still seem to me that the CA that you would like to name "Toranj" is completely isomorphic to standard Life-like B34/S23, or rather to its somewhat arbitrary northwest-traveling equivalent R2,C2,S3-4,B3-4,NW0000000000001110011100111. B34/S23 has its own very short thread on the forums from back in 2016, and quite a few matches if you search the forums -- 22 pages of them.

The search system is not very good, to say the least, so the great majority of the matches are false positives -- but you can see enough real matches to show that the rule is well known on the forums. There have been previous attempts to name the rule, most recently "a world on fire". Artem Dergachev was investigating this rule as far back as 2006, but I don't think any name was assigned to the rule back then, just the general label "alien Life" for all the rules in the table.
Thank you. I appreciate your welcome and the detailed clarification.
This gives me a much clearer picture of how I should proceed with documenting Toranj, and I’ll take your points into account.
Just a small visual reference to the Iranian carpet medallion that inspired the name “Toranj”.
Examples of Iranian Carpet.png
Examples of Iranian Carpet.png (2.04 MiB) Viewed 284 times
Morteza Rahmani
Mathematics · Cellular Automata · Fractals
g0t0
Posts: 70
Joined: August 3rd, 2026, 7:05 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by g0t0 »

Hello, I'd like to request my LifeWiki account (User:g0t0) to be 'trusted'. Thanks!
Replicating or dying, that is a question.
Taksoner
Posts: 1
Joined: September 27th, 2026, 5:57 am
Location: Thailand

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Taksoner »

Hello. I'm very new around here, and I got some Rulestrings that you can look into. And also, I'm a Thai kid, so I don't know much about your Timezones and really any History. So do you have any Guides to edit any pages? I'm very sorry if I wasn't old enough to do so.
User avatar
NNlk05
Posts: 694
Joined: January 14th, 2026, 8:42 pm
Location: Exploring in the Jungle of the INT Rulespace
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by NNlk05 »

Taksoner wrote: September 27th, 2026, 6:19 am *snip*
Hello. I'm very new around here...
Welcome to the Forums :mrgreen:
...and I got some Rulestrings that you can look into.
Can you please post them in "Thread For Your Unrecognised CA" first?
I'm a Thai kid, so I don't know much about your Timezones and...
The Forums are mostly North American, although we have a lot of Asians (especially Chinese) here as well.
really any History.
The Timeline of Life facts will work pretty well for a start, although it's not updated as often.
So do you have any Guides to edit any pages?
Yes, we do have a guide. Check out the Notability guidelines before you add anything, though.
I'm very sorry if I wasn't old enough to do so.
No worries! We don't seem to have a 13 age limit that is present on most other sites...
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes.

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 3, rule = B34twz/S23
b2o4b2o$obo4bobo$2bo4bo!
[[ AUTOSTART AUTOHIDEGUI TRACK 0 -47/270 ZOOM 4 GPS 45 STEP 3 THEME BOOK ]]
https://nnlk05.github.io

=3
inexgamealife
Posts: 1
Joined: September 27th, 2026, 3:27 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by inexgamealife »

Yo
Im just some person that likes cgol and ive discovered a cool gun in 345/2/4
yl100_1_36_511d71d51640689f030c765786ef4896
I do rulegolfing every now and then, also does this allow bios?
Learning how to code to see if i can make a working cgol app in swift with swiftui.
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2276
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by hotdogPi »

inexgamealife wrote: September 27th, 2026, 3:37 pm Yo
Im just some person that likes cgol and ive discovered a cool gun in 345/2/4
yl100_1_36_511d71d51640689f030c765786ef4896
I do rulegolfing every now and then, also does this allow bios?
Learning how to code to see if i can make a working cgol app in swift with swiftui.
Linear growth apgcodes (what you typed) do not uniquely identify a pattern, unlike still lifes, oscillators, and spaceships. You can still post to the forum if you still have it by clicking the "pattern" button and putting the RLE (not the apgcode) inside.

There are several fields to put in information about yourself on the forum.

That said, given that guns are common in 345/2/4, you might want to wait a bit on the wiki to better judge what's notable.
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
Lapintre
Posts: 2
Joined: Today, 10:23 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Lapintre »

Hi!
I’m an engineering student interested in pattern search,
I actually discovered b3s12/xq8_461uozx1w96cg naturally
I use my school’s computing clusters, and I’m taking advantage of my final year of studies to do some pattern research with a lot of computational power.
I hope to discover some more B3/S12 patterns!
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2276
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by hotdogPi »

These are good things to hear, but you two might be in the wrong thread. This thread is specifically for requests to be able to edit LifeWiki. You might want the Introductions thread https://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=530
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
Lapintre
Posts: 2
Joined: Today, 10:23 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Lapintre »

Ah I see
I just wanted to make a small edit to the B3/S12 page on LifeWiki, and I thought introducing myself here would be the right thing to do. I’ll check the Introductions thread as well :)
Post Reply