LuveelVoom's Rules

For discussion of other cellular automata.
User avatar
LuveelVoom
Posts: 648
Joined: April 27th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Re: LuveelVoom's Rules

Post by LuveelVoom »

Ruledump of every rule I’ve simmed >4 times on the discord, with short descriptions. Rules with *stars* around it were not discovered by me. Ordered by sim count. Full text file is attached. Feel free to ask for more exploration into any of these!


10+ sims
B3ain678/S3458: Ada's Rule
*B3/S23-a5*: Travelling Ts (by ThePlayzr)
B2e3aciqy/S2-i34knz: Unnamed luveelrule. Not particularly interesting at first glance, I'm not sure why I simulated it so much
*B2-ak5j/S12-k*: Speedydelete's rule (by Speedydelete)
B3ai4aez5ny678/S2-n3-a4jkry567e: Elastic ships luveelrule
B2n3ai4inwz5-ac6-e78/S2ae34-r5kq6i7e: Luveelrule with block splitter
B2i3acin4ae6-en78/S2c3-e4-r5-a8: Luveelrule where I couldn't find a 90* reflector for like 6 hours
B2e3-aej/S1c2-a34jq: Luveelbits (or, possibly, a luveelbits variant)
B2en3aei4t5ac678/S2-i34c6a7: Unnamed luveelrule. Not particularly interesting, but has some interesting block catalyses.
*B2n3aciqr4aer5iq6cin8/S2-i3-a4ikqyz5eqr6cen7e*: In the Bubbles rulespace. Has catalytic potential, but soups evolve to be pretty sparse (by silversmith)
B3ai4-z5-n7e/S2-a3-e4n: Bubbles IV
*B02/S1V*: B0 VN rule that supports ships (Known since 2017 or earlier, original discoverer unknown)
*B3678/S34678*: Day and Night (Known since the 1980s)
B2e3-ejnq/S234y: Another unnamed luveelrule that doesn't appear particulary interesting.
B2-ac3acik4ceqrty5y/S1c2-ai3-j4cqw: Unnamed luveelrule. Supports B4q blocks and associated catalyses.
*B2cei3ai/S23*: Has a large index fossil. (Initially discovered by Silversmith in 2021, rediscovered by me in 2025)
B2e3aciy4a5r/S2-ik3-a4-r678: Luveelrule with interesting dynamics and a cool rotating oscillator.
B2ein3acei4y/S23: Another luveelrule with the y spark spaceship.
*B2n3ainy4aijqyz5einy6aci7e/S23-ajkq4cjkrwy5jk6-en7c*: I believe this is Calthrop I. (by islptng)
B13/S02V|B3/S03V: Alternating VN rule with a wide variety of ships.
B2i3acijn4a6-a78/S2aen34inz5aekq678: Luveelrule. Boring random soups but has some interesting rare objects.


9 or 8 sims:
B2cen3a4a5678/S13a4q567: Luveelrule with the Just Friends ship.
B35a7/S23-a4eit7: Luveelrule with rotating active region.
B0124/S013V: VN rule that supports ships.
B2e3-a4cert5c7c8/S1c23-j4cenqt5e: Another y-spark spaceship luveelrule that has some interesting active regions.
B2ei3ai4rz5er/S1c2-i3-n: Luveelrule described by me as "really a very silly and fun rule". Somewhat of a cross between a y-sparkship block catalyst rule and luveelbits.
*B3/S23*: Life. (by John Conway)
B3ai4aez5y678/S2-n3-a567: Elastic ships variant with a p32 oscillator.


7 sims:
*B0167/S023*: B0 rule with some interesting objects (Known since 2020 or earlier, original discoverer unknown)
*B2-a3ce/S12-i*: Has Just Friends ship and an interesting p88. (One of the cyclics of OCA; discovered so many times I can’t find the original discoverer)
B2-a4j/S012-k4qr: The luveelrule with the dot + ship failed oscillator
B2cei3-ij5i6c7e/S1c2ace3-i4aij5iqry6c: Hollow 3x3 block catalysts
*B2cen3c5ej/S12-k3cj4ay5*: Has just friends ship and a p10. (by Speedydelete)
B2i3-kqy4ceit5y/S2-n3-y4jn5c: Has interesting failedrep
*B3/S234w*: 1TFL rule. (Known since… forever probably. I made a lot of searches towards a (2,1)c/5 ship; although one never emerged, I got some massive partials)
B34-cejrz/S2-e3aeikn4ciry: Has 20c/70 failedrep ship
B34cejkny5k/S2-i34ejqz7e: Fairly generic tlife variant.
*B38/S23*: eightlife or pedestrian life i forgot which is which (Known since antiquity)
B3ai457e/S2-a34n: Bubbles variant with a rake
*B3ain4aktz5-aijy6akn/S1e2-cn3cikr4-ajnw5aikqr6-k7*: Some t-logic iteration. (by islptng)


6 sims:
*B04/S1V*: Slow-growing B0 VN rule with occasional chaos puffers (Known since 2020 or earlier)
B2-a3ae/S123y4e6c: Lineish rule with JF ship and some interesting catalysts
B2-ak3a56-c78/S23ejkqr45-ai67e: Interesting rule with ships and some fluffy active regions. Past self claimed “removing 7e” made the rule stable; the rule is not explosive. (Adding B7c, however, does make it explosive)
B2-ak3ai5e/S12-ac3y6n: Somewhat snowflake-esque rule with a common sparky spaceship.
B2-ak3en/S12-ci: fairly boring. Similar debris to JF but no JF ship; ship is orthogonal instead
*B2ce3ai/S01c*: Very dotty rule with some puffers (Earliest mention on the discord is by phoenixwrong0279 in 2023)
*B2ce4-cint67e8/S14567*: Fuzzy rule with failedrep ships (Earliest mention i can find is from dani in 2017)
B2ce4c/S12ae3ai: Another fairly boring rule with JF ships
*B2e3-a/S23*: Simple rule with common rotating oscillators (Earliest mention is 77topaz in 2018)
B2e3aeinq4eiry5-i7e/S2aen34cinqz5ain: Sparse rule with fuzzy soups and a few common ships
B2e3ai47/S2-i3-a4aw7: Rule with few stable objects but lots of ships, including a SMOS
B2ei3aeiy4aejnz5a6-cn78/S2-c3-anq4-eqtwy5e6e78: c/3d puffer rule at top of thread
B2ein3ai4cq678/S2-in3-i4aw5i6ac78: y-sparkship rule with regions of higher density and common high period oscillators.
B2en3ai4q678/S2-in3-i4aw: y-sparkship rule with catalytic potential
*B3-e4e5e6e7e/S234e5e7e*: Diagonalish rule with some rotating oscillators (by nikro)
B3-q5y/S23-k6c: Has common spaceships and a hyperdecathalon
B35ck/S2-i34z5cey: Another tlife variant
B3ai4/S2-a34-a: Early bubbles iteration
B3ai4a/S234: Extremely dense rule with some interesting puffers


5 sims (There was a 2 month gap between me doing 6sims and 5sims, so the format might be a bit different):
B2-ak3y4aqr5j/S12-k4a567c8: speedydelete rule variant with a small active region
B23/S012345678|B/S23-a5: Blobby rule with a common failedrep that turns into a high-period oscillator
*B2cek3kqr4aeiw5ejn6i7c/S1c23cekr4eijry5n6eik*: Some adjustable ship rule (by NimbleRogue)
B2e3-anr6a/S1c2-i34e: Frankly absurd luveelrule where the cross still life serves as a gun, 90* reflector, 180* reflector, and stream period increaser. Sure, I guess.
B2e3aiknr7/S1c2-an3-e: Has an oblique puffer. I corderized it in 3 engines
B2e3cir4-ciz/S2-in3-c: Not much to say about this one. Y-sparkship rule
B2e3i4/S2-a34ar: Boring. Has a c/16d ship though
B2ein3acei4y/S238: Not 100% sure this is discovered by me, given there’s a very similar rule by someone else (a deleted discord account) right above my message. Only notable for an index fossil
B2ein3acin/S2-n34c: has oblique rake, and perhaps catalysis potential
B2en3/S2-i3-a6c: Failedrep, sparky p124, and 2c/36d spaceship. Good rule!
B2i3aeijk4ikntw5ey6c/S23-ny4i: Funny oscillators which can make guns easily. Catalysis possible. Puffer (corderized :D)
B2n3ai4inwz5-ac6-e78/S2ae34-r5kq6i7e8: variant of some good luveelrule. Block catalysis everywhere
B2n3ai678/S3458: Ada’s rule variant with a few strange goobers
B3-k5j/S23-c4y: Not sure if this is mine, but I was the first sim on the discord. Has a pi hassler
*B3/S23-y6c*: kinda boring 2tfl rule. Some active regions like launching themselves forward fast (by lordlouckster)
B34/S01578: Known since forever, probably. All I did was find some boring ships
B347/S0378: also known for however long. Has a p50
B34tw5y/S234e: funny replicator
B35a/S2-a34a8: 9c/78d puffer. Which I corderized :3
B36/S23: highlife (known since dfsdbfsidfhbsifhbsdifshbi)
B3ai/S2ae3-en4aceiknw5-y6-c7e: Fun wire tech
B3ai/S3-j45-q6: Original finder is a deleted discord user. Really awesome rule, with small wickstretchers everywhere
B3ai45/S23-a: near the border of XWSSspace rule with some interesting spaceships
B3ai678/S1e245: replicator land
B3ain678/S3458History: Ada’s Rule history. That caps it off pretty nicely, huh?

If anyone wants more info or anything else, please reply or dm!!!! :D
Attachments
rule_list.txt
(74.27 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
User avatar
LuveelVoom
Posts: 648
Joined: April 27th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Re: LuveelVoom's Rules

Post by LuveelVoom »

guys please I spent hours compiling these and nobody responded :(


Alright, I'm gonna do a new project. OPPR: one (interesting) pattern per rule (that I discovered). Will edit this post with the first few patterns later today

Ahem. First: the solution to AdaLife's biggest open problem.

Code: Select all

x = 89, y = 78, rule = B3ain678/S3458History
37.2A$37.2A10$28.2A$28.2A$40.2A$30.2A8.4A.2A$30.2A10.2A.2A$29.2A$24.2A
.4A$24.2A.2A$21.2A32.2A$21.2A32.2A$54.2A12.2A$54.2A12.2A$53.2A$51.4A15.
2A$51.2A17.2A2$70.2A$70.2A4.2A$71.2A3.2A$71.4A$73.2A$19.2A$19.4A$21.4A
$23.2A$24.2A$24.2A61.2A$87.2A2$74.2A$74.2A$14.2A57.2A$14.2A57.2A2$14.
2A57.2A$14.2A57.2A$13.2A$13.2A2$2A$2A61.2A$63.2A$64.2A$56.C7.4A$55.C.
C8.4A$56.C11.2A$14.2A39.3C$14.4A38.C$11.2A3.2A$11.2A4.2A$17.2A2$17.2A
17.2A$17.2A15.4A$34.2A$19.2A12.2A$19.2A12.2A$32.2A32.2A$32.2A32.2A$60.
2A.2A$58.4A.2A$58.2A$42.2A.2A10.2A$42.2A.4A8.2A$47.2A$59.2A$59.2A!
In B2e3aciqy/S2-i34knz, a c/4d by me, as well as some syntheses by AforAmpere and PK22 (ampere left, pk right):

Code: Select all

x = 239, y = 145, rule = B2e3aciqy/S2-i34knz
15bobo$15bobo$16bo51bobo$68b3o3$211bobo$211bobo$212bo3$221b2o$28b2o191b
o$27bo50b2o141b2o$28b2o48bo$78b2o$53b2o$2o53bo165b2o$bo51b2o166bo$2o219b
2o3$129bo$129b2o$127b2ob2o$132bob2o$127b2o6bo$65bo69bo$64bobo65b2obo$
9b3o52bobo67b2o$9bobo121b2o$133bob2o$132bo3b2o$133bobo3bo$136bob3o$140b
o$141bo$140b3o3bo$144b2ob2o$140bobob2o2bo$141bo4b3o$142bo$141bo7b2o$148b
4o$151bo$148bo2bo$148b2o4$217bobo$217b3o8$197b2o$8b3o188bo2b2o$8bobo186b
2o4bo$202b2o2$222b2o$221bo$222b2o2$237b2o$237bo$237b2o23$200bobo$200b
obo$201bo4$205bobo$205bobo$206bo13$202bo$201bobo$201bobo13$195b3o$195b
obo13$202b3o$202bobo!
In B2n3ai4inwz5-ac6-e78/S2ae34-r5kq6i7e, shenanigans with the t-spark, and other sillies:

Code: Select all

x = 79, y = 52, rule = B2n3ai4inwz5-ac6-e78/S2ae34-r5kq6i7e
67b2o$67bobo$68bobo$69bobo5bo$70bobo4b2o$15b2o54bobo3bo$16bo55bobo$16b
2o55bobo$12b2o5b2o53b2o$13bo4b3o$13b2o4b2o2bo$9b2o12b3o$10bo14bo$10b2o
8bo$6b2o12b3o$7bo14bo$7b2o8bo$3b2o12b3o$4bo14bo$4b2o8bo$2o12b3o$bo14b
o$b2o8bo$11b3o$13bo$8bo$8b3o$10bo53b4o$5bo58bo2bo$5b3o56bo2bo$7bo57b3o
4$67b2o$67b2o$68b2o$44bo23b2o$43b3o4$40b3o12b2o$39bo2bo11b2o$39bo2bo11b
o$39b4o3$66b2o$66b2o$67b2o$67b2o!
Update: same rule, EXTREMELY weird ship

Code: Select all

x = 22, y = 63, rule = B2n3ai4inwz5-ac6-e78/S2ae34-r5kq6i7e
7bo6bo$7b2ob2ob2o$5bobo2b2o2bobo$4b2obo6bob2o$4b4ob4ob4o$2b4ob3o2b3ob
4o$2bob4ob4ob4obo$bo2b4obo2bob4o2bo$2bob3o3b2o3b3obo$2b2ob3o6b3ob2o$o
bo2bobo2b2o2bobo2bobo$5bobo6bobo$4b3o3b2o3b3o$3b2o2b2o4b2o2b2o$b2o3bo
bob2obobo3b2o$5o3bo4bo3b5o$5o5b2o5b5o$2o2bo12bo2b2o$4bo3b6o3bo$2o2bo2b
o6bo2bo2b2o$2o4b2ob4ob2o4b2o$2o6b2o2b2o6b2o$6b4o2b4o$5b2obo4bob2o$5b2o
bo4bob2o$3bob3o6b3obo$3bo2bo8bo2bo$3bo2bo2b4o2bo2bo$4b3obo4bob3o$6bob
2o2b2obo$3b3ob3o2b3ob3o$3b3obo2b2o2bob3o$bobob2o3b2o3b2obobo$b3ob3obo
2bob3ob3o$7b8o$b3o14b3o$b3o4bob2obo4b3o$b3o4b2o2b2o4b3o$bobo5b4o5bobo
$o3bo12bo3bo$obobo5b2o5bobobo$b3o5bo2bo5b3o$10b2o$b3o6b2o6b3o$b3o14b3o
$b3o14b3o$bobo6b2o6bobo$o3bo12bo3bo$obobo2b8o2bobobo$b3o14b3o$2bob14o
bo2$2b18o2$4b14o2$5b12o2$7b8o2$8b6o2$10b2o!

New day, new pattern. P29 and sparky version of the p38:

Code: Select all

x = 35, y = 24, rule = B2i3acin4ae6-en78/S2c3-e4-r5-a8
b3o$bobo25b3o$29b3o$2ob2o22b7o$bobo26bo$b3o23bo5bo$2bo24bo2bo2bo$26bo
bobobobo$27b3ob3o$28bo3bo$28b2ob2o$29bobo$28b2ob2o$28bo3bo$27b3ob3o$26b
obobobobo$27bo2bo2bo$2bo24bo5bo$b3o26bo$bobo23b7o$2ob2o24b3o$29b3o$bo
bo$b3o!
User avatar
LuveelVoom
Posts: 648
Joined: April 27th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Re: LuveelVoom's Rules

Post by LuveelVoom »

I- I don't know what to say. This is a crazy pattern.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = B3-n4c8/S2-n3-n4-an
3o$obo$3o!
The rulespace is really interesting, I'm probably going to explore it further.

You know, I've started noticing that the vast vast majority of rules tend to fall into about one of around 50-100 groups or so. This one is a member of the group with S4i still lifes supporting each other; it requires S4i, S3e, S3i, and S2e, and forbids B6i and B2c.

Has anyone tried to categorize these groups before?
Post Reply