b35s126 (Flockenstein)

For discussion of other cellular automata.
User avatar
ThePlayzr
Posts: 836
Joined: April 19th, 2025, 1:33 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: b35s126

Post by ThePlayzr »

This is one of those rules where it's almost guaranteed that there is no gun in the rule. LowLife is also another one of these rules. Unless by some stroke of luck with apgsearching that produces a natural gun or really sparky oscillator, there is almost certainly going to be no gun. The only hope you could have other than that is finding an over-unity reaction and a reflector. The current methods you are trying to use will almost definetly not work. I don't mean to be pedantic or pessimistic; I am just stating facts.
EDIT: Also, Hunter, welcome to the forums!
Please make sure to read the forum rules. One of these rules is to edit your posts like I did earlier in this post instead of making a new post.
Please visit my rules (found on my wiki page) and contribute!
User:ThePlayzr
I have LLS and qfind.
Working on a jslife-like Travelling Ts pattern collection.
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

ThePlayzr wrote: July 20th, 2026, 4:58 am This is one of those rules where it's almost guaranteed that there is no gun in the rule. LowLife is also another one of these rules. Unless by some stroke of luck with apgsearching that produces a natural gun or really sparky oscillator, there is almost certainly going to be no gun. The only hope you could have other than that is finding an over-unity reaction and a reflector. The current methods you are trying to use will almost definetly not work. I don't mean to be pedantic or pessimistic; I am just stating facts.
EDIT: Also, Hunter, welcome to the forums!
Please make sure to read the forum rules. One of these rules is to edit your posts like I did earlier in this post instead of making a new post.
Yeah, I also think finding spaceship-producing technology is a pretty big gamble in this rule, even if I'm mainly advancing it. There are a few easy ways to produce the elementary spaceships, using sparks and stable patterns,

Code: Select all

x = 32, y = 11, rule = B35/S126
26bo$bo9bo6bobobo5bo$3o7b3o7bobo3bo2bo$obo7bobo8bo8bo$14bo4bo11bo3$28b
o$29bo$30bo$31bo!

but sadly none I've seen so far are exactly compatible with the currently-known oscillators. And with how high the soup counts are on Catagolue, we might be running out of options.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

Code: Select all

= 14, y = 14, rule = B35/S126
10b2obo$10bobo$11bobo$9bo2b2o$6bo3bo$7bo$4bo3bo$5bo3bo$6bo$3bo3bo$2o2bo$obo$b
obo$ob2o!
Second known xp11?

Anyways nice discoveries con. Haven't been able to discover much new things cuz im on vacation.
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

Hunter wrote: July 26th, 2026, 4:25 pm

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 14, rule = B35/S126
10b2obo$10bobo$11bobo$9bo2b2o$6bo3bo$7bo$4bo3bo$5bo3bo$6bo$3bo3bo$2o2bo$obo$b
obo$ob2o!
Second known xp11?

Anyways nice discoveries con. Haven't been able to discover much new things cuz im on vacation.
I haven't discovered much with this rule recently either, mainly because I've been looking at other rules and that I've been waiting for something new and interesting to pop up during my apgsearching, which hasn't happened. I think the possibility of making a gun, at least with what we have, is becoming slim. However, I think another opportunity for spaceship technology we have will be a rake.

My idea is a T-oscillator puffer combined with a very sparky spaceship moving at the same speed as the puffer, supplying the sparks to turn T-oscillators into gliders. Its a pretty specific combination of things to find though, so it will probably be just as hard to find, but whatever. I had so much confidence in making a gun, so I might as well continue to investigate for the possible rake.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Realized that my concept for the rake wont actually work. The spaceship in question would need to have a period of over 10 and for that entire period, only have one cell (the spark) be far out enough to influence the T-oscillator. That would be very hard to find, so now its new high-period oscillator or bust. If I get each symmetry on Catagolue to 10 billion+ objects and don't find anything interesting or able to make spaceship technology viable, that's when I will move on from the rule.
Last edited by TheWayOfTheCon on July 26th, 2026, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

TheWayOfTheCon wrote: July 26th, 2026, 6:36 pm

I haven't discovered much with this rule recently either, mainly because I've been looking at other rules and that I've been waiting for something new and interesting to pop up during my apgsearching, which hasn't happened. I think the possibility of making a gun, at least with what we have, is becoming slim. However, I think another opportunity for spaceship technology we have will be a rake.

My idea is a T-oscillator puffer combined with a very sparky spaceship moving at the same speed as the puffer, supplying the sparks to turn T-oscillators into gliders. Its a pretty specific combination of things to find though, so it will probably be just as hard to find, but whatever. I had so much confidence in making a gun, so I might as well continue to investigate for the possible rake.
Mind doing me a favor and search ikpx2 for xp7 variants as d2+1 found a xp7 and I wanna see if theres more.

Yea have only seen a spark that is one or two separate dots. Nothing to make that one common oscillator (the one where you can add a dot to make the glider)
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

Hunter wrote: July 26th, 2026, 7:13 pm
Mind doing me a favor and search ikpx2 for xp7 variants as d2+1 found a xp7 and I wanna see if theres more.

...
I don't think ikpx2 can't search oscillators, only spaceships. But rlifesrc can, or can at least provide me some partials to work with.

Are you referring to this oscillator, or this oscillator?
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
User avatar
I6_I6
Posts: 1062
Joined: July 26th, 2025, 8:44 pm
Location: Here, there, somewhere, anywhere, everywhere.
Contact:

Re: b35s126

Post by I6_I6 »

This c/5d single linestretcher is the current smallest linear growth, at 24 cells:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 11, rule = B35/S126
7b2o$4b3o2bo$3bo4bo$2bo5bo$bo4b2o$bo$bo2bo$o3bo$ob2o$bo4bo$7bo!
The base spaceship occurred seminaturally, so seminatural linear growth might be possible.
Hunter wrote: July 26th, 2026, 4:25 pm

Code: Select all

#C [Fixed broken RLE while quoting the original post.]
x = 14, y = 14, rule = B35/S126
10b2obo$10bobo$11bobo$9bo2b2o$6bo3bo$7bo$4bo3bo$5bo3bo$6bo$3bo3bo$2o2bo$obo$b
obo$ob2o!
Second known xp11?

Anyways nice discoveries con. Haven't been able to discover much new things cuz im on vacation.
There's a phase-shifting reaction in that:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 14, rule = B35/S126
5bo$3bo$2o2bo$obo$bobo$ob2o4$3bo$2o2bo$obo$bobo$ob2o!
It works at 7n+4.
Here's a p32 example:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B35/S126
7bo3bo$6bo5bo$11bo$6bobo2bo$11bo$6bo5bo$7bo3bo2$b2o$o$2bobo$o3bo$2obo
!

Code: Select all

#C [[ THEME Golly ]]
x = 27, y = 15, rule = LifeHistory
8.A$A6.A.A$3A4.BA2B.B2D$3.A4.2B.2B2DB$2.2A2.3B.6B2.3B$2.20B$4.19B$4.2B
C10BD4B$4.2B2C10BD4B$4.B2C11B2D3B$4.13B2D4B$5.12BD3B.B2A$6.13B3.BA.A$
6.3B.B3.B10.A$25.2A!
RuleEdit: A .rule file editing tool
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

Period-37 oscillator found by Hunter in D4_+2:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 14, rule = B35/S126
5b2o2b2o4$7b2o$o5bo2bo5bo$bo4bo2bo4bo4$6bo2bo$5bo4bo$5bo4bo$5b2o2b2o!
Pretty sparky and seems like it could be quite useful. Probably too early to say "I guess miracles can happen". I've gotta see what it can do.

UPDATE: Ok, I've done some quick experimenting with the oscillator.

Gun potential? Very unlikely.

Reflector potential? Maybe.

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 22, rule = B35/S126
5b2o2b2o3$6bo2bo2$o5bo2bo5bo$bo5b2o5bo5$6bo2bo$5bo4bo$5b6o2$6bo2bo2$6b
o2bo2$10b2o$11b2o$10b2o!
This way of making a glider 317 doesn't work by a terrible margin:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 21, rule = B35/S126
5b2o2b2o3$6bo2bo2$o5bo2bo5bo$bo5b2o5bo5$6bo2bo$5bo4bo$5b6o2$6bo2bo2$6b
o2bo$10bo$11b2o$12b2o!
#C [[ STOP 24 ]]
So we would have to do the other reflection proof-of-concept: find a way to quickly go from glider to T-oscillator.

The way the oscillator in general works intrigues me though. It looks like some sort of reaction/evolutionary sequence being hassled. More of these could definitely exist in the jungle of unpredictability, so I think its worth either still apgsearching this rule or investigating its common evolutionary sequences.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

TheWayOfTheCon wrote: July 31st, 2026, 1:21 am So we would have to do the other reflection proof-of-concept: find a way to quickly go from glider to T-oscillator.
You means something like this? :>

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 28, rule = B35/S126
$20bo$19bo4$11b3o11bo$11bo2bo4b2o4bo$12bo8bo$12bo8bo$11bo2bo4b2o4bo$
11b3o11bo4$19bo$20bo6$3bo2bo$4b2o$3b2o!
and just like that

Code: Select all

x = 44, y = 47, rule = B35/S126
2$12bo4bo$12b2o2b2o$13bo2bo2$13b4o$7bo4bob2obo4bo$8bo2bo2b2o2bo2bo$10b
o8bo2$9bob8obo$9bo2b6o2bo$12bo4bo15bo$11b8o13bo$12b6o$13b4o2$24b3o11bo
$24bo2bo4b2o4bo$25bo8bo$25bo8bo$24bo2bo4b2o4bo$24b3o11bo4$32bo$33bo6$
16bo2bo$17b2o$16b2o!
A reflector

Looped into a 296 obscilator:

Code: Select all

x = 106, y = 80, rule = B35/S126
3$32b2o2b2o$53b2o2b2o3$34b2o16b2o4b2o$27bo5bo2bo5bo9b2ob2ob2o$28bo4bo
2bo4bo6bo6b2o6bo$49bo12bo$54bo2bo2$33bo2bo$32b2o2b2o$31bo6bo15bo2bo16b
o$32b2o2b2o16b4o15bo$53bo4bo2$21bo32bo2bo9bo$22bo31b4o8bobo10bo$55b2o
9bob2o3b2o4bo$75bo$19b2o54bo$16bo2b2o8bo36bob2o3b2o4bo$16bo6bo3b2o2b2o
33bobo10bo$20b2o6bo3b2o33bo$20b2o6bo3b2o$16bo6bo3b2o2b2o$16bo2b2o8bo
43bo$19b2o53bo3$22bo$21bo14b2o$35b2o$34bo2bo35bo$72bo3$20bo53b2o$21bo
43bo8b2o2bo$62b2o2b2o3bo6bo$61b2o3bo6b2o$27bo33b2o3bo6b2o$15bo10bobo
33b2o2b2o3bo6bo$15bo4b2o3b2obo36bo8b2o2bo$19bo54b2o$19bo$15bo4b2o3b2ob
o9b2o$15bo10bobo8b4o31bo$27bo9bo2bo32bo2$36bo4bo$21bo15b4o16b2o2b2o$
20bo16bo2bo15bo6bo$57b2o2b2o$58bo2bo2$37bo2bo$32bo12bo$31bo6b2o6bo6bo
4bo2bo4bo$35b2ob2ob2o9bo5bo2bo5bo$35b2o4b2o16b2o3$36b2o2b2o$57b2o2b2o!
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

Hunter wrote: July 31st, 2026, 11:57 am and just like that

Code: Select all

x = 44, y = 47, rule = B35/S126
2$12bo4bo$12b2o2b2o$13bo2bo2$13b4o$7bo4bob2obo4bo$8bo2bo2b2o2bo2bo$10b
o8bo2$9bob8obo$9bo2b6o2bo$12bo4bo15bo$11b8o13bo$12b6o$13b4o2$24b3o11bo
$24bo2bo4b2o4bo$25bo8bo$25bo8bo$24bo2bo4b2o4bo$24b3o11bo4$32bo$33bo6$
16bo2bo$17b2o$16b2o!
A reflector
Wow, it was that simple. Good job!

EDIT: Found another seemingly easy reaction to create a glider: Adding a banana spark to a diagonal line of three.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 6, rule = B35/S126
o$b2o2$o$bo$2bo!
Its pretty quick too, only three generations (technically two if you exclude the obo spark).
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

I've been trying to find common evolutionary sequences in this rule. Because of the nature of the chaos (being dense and not very spurty), I don't think there are much of any recognizable sequences outside of some predecessors for patterns that last a handful of generations. Regardless, here below are 24 small patterns I find in small soups that go through, relatively, quite a lot. I'll update this over time as I find new ones.

Code: Select all

x = 48, y = 42, rule = B35/S126
bobo$obo8bobo20bo10bobo$bo2bo6b3o6bo12bo2bo7bo$o10bo12b2o6b2o3bo7bobo
$2bo8bo9b3o13bo8bo6$12bo$13bo$12bo31bo$b3o16b2o12bo8b2obo$bo2bo6b3o6b
3o12bo6bob3o$11b3o9b3o6bob2o7b2obo$12bo11bo7bo11bo4$44bobo2$44b3o$13b
2o9bo$23bobo8b3o$3b2o6bo13bo7bobo8b2o$obobo16bo2bo7b2o2bo6bob2o$o3bo6b
2o8b2o21bo$bobo8b2o30bo9$3bo7bo$4bo17b2o2bo8bo$b2o9b3o6b2o4bo5bob2o$b
o9b2o9b2ob2o6b2obo$2bobo7b3o10bo8b3o!
The sequence on row 2, column 1 is actually one half of the sequence found in Hunter's p37.

The longest-lasting one is on row 4, column 2, at 52 generations.

EDIT: New high-period oscillators from apgsearching.

p13 in D4_x1 found by me

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = B35/S126
4bo4bo$4bo3b2o$7b2o$6b2obob2o$2o8b2o$6b2ob2o$3bobobobo$2b2ob2o$b2o8b2o
$2obob2o$4b2o$3b2o3bo$3bo4bo!
p12 in D4_+2 found by Hunter

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 12, rule = B35/S126
4b3o$2o7b2o$4b3o2$3bo3bo$3bo3bo$3bo3bo$3bo3bo2$4b3o$2o7b2o$4b3o!
Last edited by TheWayOfTheCon on August 8th, 2026, 12:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

TheWayOfTheCon wrote: August 1st, 2026, 1:21 pm
p12 in D4_+2 found by Hunter

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 12, rule = B35/S126
4b3o$2o7b2o$4b3o2$3bo3bo$3bo3bo$3bo3bo$3bo3bo2$4b3o$2o7b2o$4b3o!
Lol didnt see that cuz it was on the next page. Thought my apgsearch brought up nothing last night.

Question did you find this simple way to make a glider?

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 4, rule = B35/S126
4bo$3bo$b2o$2o!
A way you can make it in six. (Never beating the record of 4)

Haven't discovered anything else since that reflector. Maybe the best way we get a gun is to use 3 dots to make that 12xp oscillator and then add another dot to it afterwards. Would need an oscillator that can do that without destroying it quickly and then another one that gives another spark afterwards. The xp37 sides spread out to much and it gets destroyed. Your diagonal oscillator you found could be used for one of those dots though.

The one thing for certain is that we ran out of all common oscillators. Every new oscillator (and spaceship) we find will likely have only of been found that once or a few times. Like that random xp7 ship we found or the xp37
Last edited by Hunter on August 4th, 2026, 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

Hunter wrote: August 1st, 2026, 9:38 pm
Question did you find this simple way to make a glider?

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 4, rule = B35/S126
4bo$3bo$b2o$2o!
Seen that, its closely related to this way of making the glider (also takes six cells):

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 5, rule = B35/S126
o$2bo$o2bo$4bo$5bo!
and is used in my almost reflector.

Code: Select all

x = 26, y = 20, rule = B35/S126
13bobo2$12b4o4$4bo4bo$5bo$5bobo3bo5bo2bo$4bobo9b6o$o2bo5bo5bobob3o$b2o
5bo5b3o3bo$3bo5b2o4bo7b2o$2bo5bo2bo3b2o5b4o$5bobo6b4o5b2o$o3bobo8b2o7b
o$6bo12bo3b3o$2bo4bo10b3obobo$18b6o$19bo2bo!
Maybe the best way we get a gun is to use 3 dots to make that 12xp oscillator and then add another dot to it afterwards. Would need an oscillator that can do that without destroying it quickly and then another one that gives another spark afterwards...

...Your diagonal oscillator you found could be used for one of those dots though.
Probably not. The period of 13 would be too low (the minimum clearance for Glider 317 is 15 generations) and I don't think the oscillator's sparks have the right clearance. Your Glider 317 gun plan might need oscillators specifically made for the gunning purpose, and those would be hard to find/engineer. But then again, its practically the only chance we've got.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

So ive been going through all the glider interactions with the xp 37 and made a little website of all the sparks or small objects it creates:
https://sites.google.com/view/37xp-stuff/home
So now I'm going to go through all the interactions with two of them. At the bottom page is a list of notable sparks the glider made with one and I want to see what another oscillator would do to them. If we are really lucky one of them might spew out another glider. There is also a section of parallel t oscillators that may be able to be be used to reflect directly back instead of having to loop it in a circle.


As of rn I have found a way to reflect the gliders state:

Code: Select all

x = 39, y = 59, rule = B35/S126
5$18b2o2b2o4$20b2o$13bo5bo2bo5bo$14bo4bo2bo4bo4$19bo2bo$18bo4bo$18bo4b
o$18b2o2b2o6$28bo$29bo$29b2o$28bobo6$7bo6bo$8bo4bo$9b4o$9bo2bo$8bo4bo$
8bo4bo$4bo4bo2bo4bo$3bo4bo4bo4bo$8b6o$9b4o3$8b2o2b2o8$28bo$29bo$29b2o$
28bobo!
(Edits:)
And this reflects the glider back :D

Code: Select all

x = 36, y = 58, rule = B35/S126
7$16b2o2b2o4$18b2o$11bo5bo2bo5bo$12bo4bo2bo4bo4$17bo2bo$16bo4bo$16bo4b
o$16b2o2b2o6$26bo$27bo$27b2o$26bobo4$12bo2bo$13b2o$9b2obo2bob2o$9bobo
4bobo$10b2o4b2o$11b6o$11b2o2b2o$12bo2bo$7bo4b4o4bo$6bo4bo4bo4bo$13b2o
4$11b2o2b2o!
Looped into 222 oscillator:
x = 50, y = 56, rule = B35/S126

Code: Select all

x = 50, y = 56, rule = B35/S126
6$10b2o2b2o13b2o2b2o4$12b2o17b2o$5bo5bo2bo5bo3bo5bo2bo5bo$6bo4bo2bo4bo
5bo4bo2bo4bo4$11bo2bo15bo2bo$10bo4bo13bo4bo$10bo4bo13bo4bo$10b2o2b2o
13b2o2b2o6$20bo$21bo$21b2o$20bobo4$6bo2bo25bo2bo$7b2o27b2o$3b2obo2bob
2o19b2obo2bob2o$3bobo4bobo19bobo4bobo$4b2o4b2o21b2o4b2o$5b6o23b6o$5b2o
2b2o23b2o2b2o$6bo2bo25bo2bo$bo4b4o4bo15bo4b4o4bo$o4bo4bo4bo13bo4bo4bo
4bo$7b2o27b2o4$5b2o2b2o23b2o2b2o!

I will edit this if I discover more stuff.
Last edited by Hunter on August 3rd, 2026, 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

Okay all of thats cool and Ill still update it in a bit however we a missing the most important thing. What to name the glider. I have came up with 4 names that I think would suit it. Ufo, Vacuum Cleaner, Go Kart, or Skedaddler .


Edit bored so ikpx2 even more spaceships:

d/4 ships based on Deans Hickersons ship

Code: Select all

x = 33, y = 34, rule = B35/S126
7b2o$2bo2bo2bo$b4ob2o$3bo4b2o$2b3o5bo$bo2bob4o$5b3obo$2obob2o$o3b2o2b2ob2o$ob
o3b2o$2bo9bo$8b2o4b2o$7bo4bobobo$11b2obobo$11bo3bo3bo$11bob2o2bobo$12bo3bobob
2o$12bo3bo$14bo3b3o$14b2obo4bo$14b2o3bob2o$19bobo$16bobobob2ob2o$20b4o3bo$20b
3ob2obo$21bob3ob3o$21bo2b4o2bo$27bo3b2o$22bo2bobo2b3o$24bo3bo2bo$27b2ob2o$27b
o2b3o$26bo4b2o$31b2o!
5 cell tagalong:

Code: Select all

x = 38, y = 35, rule = B35/S126
8bo$6b2obo$b3ob4obo$5b2ob3o$3bo3b3o$bobo3bo$b5o3bo$2bo3bob2o$2obo
5b2obo$o2b2obob5o$2b3ob3o2bo$4b2obo6bo$8b2o2bo2b2o$8b2o2bobo2bo$
12bo2bob3o$11bobobo2bo$13bob3o3bo$12b9o$15bo2b2o$14bob3ob3o$14bob
3obo$16bobo2bo$16b2o6bobo$19bobob4o$21bo4bo$22b2obobobo$22bo2bo2bo
$22b3o3b2ob2o$23bo4bo$24bob3o2bo$25b2o4bo$26bo2bo$26bo4b2obobo$37b
o$32bobo2bo!
into wickstretcher:

Code: Select all

x = 56, y = 59, rule = B35/S126
5$18b2o$12bo2b2obo$12bo3b2o2bo$12bob3ob3o$16bo2b3o$12b2o2bo4bo$11b3o3b
ob2o$11b2ob2o4b2o$10bob3o2bob2ob2o$11bob2ob4o2b2o$12b2o4b2o$19b2o4bo$
18b2o2b3o2bo$25b3o$21bobo3bob2o$22bob5o$22bo3b2ob4o$23b2ob2ob2obo$24b
2ob5o$24bo2b2o4bo$27bob2o$26bo2bobob2o$29bo5b3o$33bobob2o$32b2o3bobo$
33bob2o3bo$32b3o4b4o$35bo3bo$36b4o$35bobo3bo2$37bob2obo$37bo4bobo2$39b
o$40bo$41bo$42bo$43bo$44bo$45bo$46bo!
bigger tagalong that was found right before I hit the exit out button of ikpx2 lol

Code: Select all

x = 53, y = 58, rule = B35/S126
8bo$6b2obo$b3ob4obo$5b2ob3o$3bo3b3o$bobo3bo$b5o3bo$2bo3bob2o$2obo
5b2obo$o2b2obob5o$2b3ob3o2bo$4b2obo6bo$8b2o2bo2b2o$8b2o2bobo2bo$
12bo2bob3o$11bobobo2bo$13bob3o3bo$12b9o$15bo2b2o$14bob3ob3o$14bob
3obo$16bobo2bo$16b2o6bobo$19bobob4o$21bo4bo$22b2obobobo$22bo2bo2bo
$22b3o3b2ob2o$23bo4bo$24bob3o2bo$25b2o4bo$26bo2bo$26bo4b2o2$32bo$
33b2o$32bo2bo$33bo$34b2o$35b2o$35bo$35bobo$36bo2bo$39b5o$37b2obo$
38b2o2b2o$38bo2bob2o$38bobo4bo$38bob2o4b2o$41bo4bo$42bo3bo2bo$43b
3o3bo2bo$43bo4bob2o$47bob4o$45b2obo2b2o$47b2o$47b3o$46bob2o!
Last edited by Hunter on August 9th, 2026, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
User avatar
R2INT
Posts: 830
Joined: July 2nd, 2024, 7:42 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by R2INT »

Here's a 2c/5

Code: Select all

x = 22, y = 56, rule = B35/S126
8b6o$7bo6bo$3bo2b3ob2ob3o2bo$2bo4bob4obo4bo$2bo2b2o2b4o2b2o2bo$4bo3b2o
2b2o3bo$5b2o2bo2bo2b2o$7bo6bo$5bo3bo2bo3bo$6bo8bo$3b4o2b4o2b4o$7bo6bo
$3b2ob3o4b3ob2o$3bob2o8b2obo$3b2obo2bo2bo2bob2o$2b2o14b2o$bobobo10bob
obo$4b2o10b2o$b3obobo6bobob3o$4b3o8b3o$4b4o6b4o$3b6o4b6o$2bobo12bobo$
b3obo10bob3o$8bo4bo$3bo14bo$b4o2bo6bo2b4o$5b2o8b2o$7bo2b2o2bo$3bo2b2o
bo2bob2o2bo$4b6o2b6o$6b2obo2bob2o$7bob4obo$3bo2bo2b4o2bo2bo$2b3obobob
2obobob3o$b2ob3o8b3ob2o$3bo2bo3b2o3bo2bo$6b2obo2bob2o$bo3b4o4b4o3bo$2b
2o2b2o6b2o2b2o$2b3o2bo6bo2b3o$4b3obo4bob3o$7bo6bo2$5b2o8b2o$5b3o6b3o$
bobo4bo4bo4bobo$obobobo8bobobobo$2bo2b2o8b2o2bo$obo3b2o6b2o3bobo$3bo2b
10o2bo$4b2o10b2o$5b2o3b2o3b2o2$3bo2bo8bo2bo$3bobo10bobo!
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like c/2 is possible in this rule.
Range-2 INT
R2INT's Rule Collection

Travelling Ts has surpassed LeapLife in post count, but not yet in technology.
User avatar
actinophrys
Posts: 27
Joined: November 9th, 2025, 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: b35s126

Post by actinophrys »

Hunter wrote: August 3rd, 2026, 10:44 am What to name the glider. I have came up with 4 names that I think would suit it. Ufo, Vacuum Cleaner, Go Kart, or Skedaddler .
I personally like the trend of naming them agent nouns for how they move – glider, creeper, crawler, etc. So that would go with skedaddler. They usually just stay nameless though, and even in B34/S34 people still just talk about the "glider", which unlike this one doesn't even glide reflect except in the trivial sense of being symmetrical.

Something that does stand out about this one to me is that it has both period and minimum population 6. I think it's the only one like that except for the c/6 in S134/B5, also discovered by Robert Wainwright. Maybe there could be some name from that? Also TheWayOfTheCon mentioned it looks like a meh face which makes me think of "mehteor", so there, now nobody else has to worry about having the worst suggestion.
R2INT wrote: August 4th, 2026, 2:26 pm Unfortunately, it doesn't look like c/2 is possible in this rule.
Yeah, it's messy to write out but it looks like that should take one of B2 S345. Is there somewhere people have already put together proofs about top speed for rules in general, instead of just particular ones?
Last edited by actinophrys on August 4th, 2026, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Working on collection of small patterns for life-like rules
User avatar
R2INT
Posts: 830
Joined: July 2nd, 2024, 7:42 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by R2INT »

Here's a surprisingly small c/7:

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 5, rule = B35/S126
bob3o3b3obo$ob2o2bobo2b2obo$obobo5bobobo$bob4ob4obo$3b2o5b2o!
Range-2 INT
R2INT's Rule Collection

Travelling Ts has surpassed LeapLife in post count, but not yet in technology.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

R2INT wrote: August 4th, 2026, 2:26 pm Here's a 2c/5

Code: Select all

x = 22, y = 56, rule = B35/S126
8b6o$7bo6bo$3bo2b3ob2ob3o2bo$2bo4bob4obo4bo$2bo2b2o2b4o2b2o2bo$4bo3b2o
2b2o3bo$5b2o2bo2bo2b2o$7bo6bo$5bo3bo2bo3bo$6bo8bo$3b4o2b4o2b4o$7bo6bo
$3b2ob3o4b3ob2o$3bob2o8b2obo$3b2obo2bo2bo2bob2o$2b2o14b2o$bobobo10bob
obo$4b2o10b2o$b3obobo6bobob3o$4b3o8b3o$4b4o6b4o$3b6o4b6o$2bobo12bobo$
b3obo10bob3o$8bo4bo$3bo14bo$b4o2bo6bo2b4o$5b2o8b2o$7bo2b2o2bo$3bo2b2o
bo2bob2o2bo$4b6o2b6o$6b2obo2bob2o$7bob4obo$3bo2bo2b4o2bo2bo$2b3obobob
2obobob3o$b2ob3o8b3ob2o$3bo2bo3b2o3bo2bo$6b2obo2bob2o$bo3b4o4b4o3bo$2b
2o2b2o6b2o2b2o$2b3o2bo6bo2b3o$4b3obo4bob3o$7bo6bo2$5b2o8b2o$5b3o6b3o$
bobo4bo4bo4bobo$obobobo8bobobobo$2bo2b2o8b2o2bo$obo3b2o6b2o3bobo$3bo2b
10o2bo$4b2o10b2o$5b2o3b2o3b2o2$3bo2bo8bo2bo$3bobo10bobo!
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like c/2 is possible in this rule.
Nice find and also the xp7 has already occurred semi naturally. That's how it was accidently discovered in the first place lol. The xp7 ship I nicknamed butterfly in my head cuz thats what it looks like
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

actinophrys wrote: August 4th, 2026, 3:04 pm
Hunter wrote: August 3rd, 2026, 10:44 am What to name the glider. I have came up with 4 names that I think would suit it. Ufo, Vacuum Cleaner, Go Kart, or Skedaddler .
I personally like the trend of naming them agent nouns for how they move – glider, creeper, crawler, etc. So that would go with skedaddler. They usually just stay nameless though, and even in B34/S34 people still just talk about the "glider", which unlike this one doesn't even glide reflect except in the trivial sense of being symmetrical.

Something that does stand out about this one to me is that it has both period and minimum population 6. I think it's the only one like that except for the c/6 in S134/B5, also discovered by Robert Wainwright. Maybe there could be some name from that? Also TheWayOfTheCon mentioned it looks like a meh face which makes me think of "mehteor", so there, now nobody else has to worry about having the worst suggestion.
Mehteor is a funny name lol should we have a vote on either Skedaddler or Mehteor? I want to see what TheWayofTheCon thinks first because hes been discovering alot of stuff also.
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
User avatar
R2INT
Posts: 830
Joined: July 2nd, 2024, 7:42 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by R2INT »

New c/7 and tagalongs:

Code: Select all

x = 53, y = 28, rule = B35/S126
3bo3bo3bo9bo3bo3bo11bo3bo3bo$5bo3bo13bo3bo15bo3bo$3bo7bo9bo7bo11bo7bo
$3b4ob4o9b4ob4o11b4ob4o$3b2o2bo2b2o9b2o2bo2b2o11b2o2bo2b2o$4b2obob2o11b
2obob2o13b2obob2o$3bo7bo9bo7bo11bo7bo$3bo7bo9bo7bo11bo7bo$3bo3bo3bo9b
o3bo3bo11bo3bo3bo$bobo7bobo5bobo7bobo7bobo7bobo$3b2o5b2o9b2o5b2o11b2o
5b2o$5b5o13b5o15b5o$5b5o13b5o15b5o$bobo7bobo5bobo7bobo7bobo7bobo$b2o9b
2o5b2o9b2o7b2o9b2o$4o3bo3b4o3b4o3bo3b4o5b4o3bo3b4o$bobo2b3o2bobo5bobo
2b3o2bobo7bobo2b3o2bobo$7bo17bo19bo$bobo7bobo5bobo3bo3bobo7bobo3bo3bo
bo$24bobo17bobo$23bo3bo15bo3bo$24bobo17bobo$25bo19bo2$24b3o17b3o$23b2o
b2o15b2ob2o$23b2ob2o15b2ob2o$44bobo!
Range-2 INT
R2INT's Rule Collection

Travelling Ts has surpassed LeapLife in post count, but not yet in technology.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

R2INT wrote: August 4th, 2026, 5:01 pm New c/7 and tagalongs:

Code: Select all

x = 53, y = 28, rule = B35/S126
3bo3bo3bo9bo3bo3bo11bo3bo3bo$5bo3bo13bo3bo15bo3bo$3bo7bo9bo7bo11bo7bo
$3b4ob4o9b4ob4o11b4ob4o$3b2o2bo2b2o9b2o2bo2b2o11b2o2bo2b2o$4b2obob2o11b
2obob2o13b2obob2o$3bo7bo9bo7bo11bo7bo$3bo7bo9bo7bo11bo7bo$3bo3bo3bo9b
o3bo3bo11bo3bo3bo$bobo7bobo5bobo7bobo7bobo7bobo$3b2o5b2o9b2o5b2o11b2o
5b2o$5b5o13b5o15b5o$5b5o13b5o15b5o$bobo7bobo5bobo7bobo7bobo7bobo$b2o9b
2o5b2o9b2o7b2o9b2o$4o3bo3b4o3b4o3bo3b4o5b4o3bo3b4o$bobo2b3o2bobo5bobo
2b3o2bobo7bobo2b3o2bobo$7bo17bo19bo$bobo7bobo5bobo3bo3bobo7bobo3bo3bo
bo$24bobo17bobo$23bo3bo15bo3bo$24bobo17bobo$25bo19bo2$24b3o17b3o$23b2o
b2o15b2ob2o$23b2ob2o15b2ob2o$44bobo!
WOAHHHHHHHHHH thats a cool ship it looks like a rocket with two engines and the tag alongs make it look like the engines are turned on
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

Hunter wrote: August 3rd, 2026, 10:26 am So now I'm going to go through all the interactions with two of them. At the bottom page is a list of notable sparks the glider made with one and I want to see what another oscillator would do to them.
This one:

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 31, rule = B35/S126
4$10b2o2b2o5$5bo5b4o5bo$6bo5b2o5bo5$11bo2bo$11bo2bo$10bob2obo$10bo4bo
5$21bo$22bo$22b2o$21bobo!
Seems to give the biggest spark. Think we can make a splitter with another xp37 added to it?
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: b35s126

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

Hunter wrote: August 4th, 2026, 3:20 pm Mehteor is a funny name lol should we have a vote on either Skedaddler or Mehteor? I want to see what TheWayofTheCon thinks first because hes been discovering alot of stuff also.
I'm going Skedaddler, but Mehteor is also kind of charming to me.

Oh, and here's a one-time splitter:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 24, rule = B35/S126
10b2o2b2o4$12b2o$5bo5bo2bo5bo$6bo4bo2bo4bo4$11bo2bo$10bo4bo$10bo4bo$10b
2o2b2o4$o$o$b2o17bo$21bo$b2o18b2o$o19bobo$o!
I've also been doing some stuff with LLS, but nothing too interesting as of yet.

Code: Select all

x = 80, y = 8, rule = B35/S126
64bob2o8bo2bo$65bo11b2o$64b4o8b4o$2b2o7bobo8b2o7bobo8b2o8bo11b3o9b2o$
3bo9bo9bo9bo18b2o13bo10b2o$bo9bo9bo9bo9bobo6bo2bo9bo11bo$obo7bobo8bo9b
o9bo$ob2o6bob2o6bo2bo6bo2bo6bo9b2o!
I'm gonna see if I can use the program to find (or disprove the existence of) a still life eater for Glider 317, or whatever name we end up deciding.

UPDATE: Looks like there's no still life eater for the glider that fits in a 10x10 bounding box. I could defenitely go bigger, though.
Last edited by TheWayOfTheCon on August 5th, 2026, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
Hunter
Posts: 48
Joined: July 10th, 2026, 4:44 pm

Re: b35s126

Post by Hunter »

TheWayOfTheCon wrote: August 4th, 2026, 7:56 pm
I'm going Skedaddler, but Mehteor is also kind of charming to me.


I've also been doing some stuff with LLS, but nothing too interesting as of yet.

Code: Select all

x = 80, y = 8, rule = B35/S126
64bob2o8bo2bo$65bo11b2o$64b4o8b4o$2b2o7bobo8b2o7bobo8b2o8bo11b3o9b2o$
3bo9bo9bo9bo18b2o13bo10b2o$bo9bo9bo9bo9bobo6bo2bo9bo11bo$obo7bobo8bo9b
o9bo$ob2o6bob2o6bo2bo6bo2bo6bo9b2o!
I'm gonna see if I can use the program to find (or disprove the existence of) a still life eater for Glider 317, or whatever name we end up deciding.

Skedaddler it is.

Those last two patterns does seem useful in trying to find a splinter. Definitely something to look out for.

If you can find a still life eater for Skedaddler that would be sick instead of having to use a spark. Maybe if the still life eater lets out a spark that can be used as a splinter too :)
aka happyhunter :D :D :D
Post Reply