Extended Life Extensions

For discussion of other cellular automata.
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

P42 and P100:

Code: Select all

x = 43, y = 27, rule = StateInvestigator
$.B6EB$2.B4DB2$4.2A33.E2B$4.2A3$10.A$9.A.A$8.A3.A$9.A.A17.C4.A$10.A22.
D.A$34.D.A$10.A20.A.B.A$9.A.A18.A.D$8.A3.A18.A.D$9.A.A20.A4.C$10.A3$4.
2A$4.2A2$2.B4DB17.2BE$.B6EB!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
b-engine
Posts: 3762
Joined: October 26th, 2023, 4:11 am
Location: Somewhere on where Earth At
Contact:

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by b-engine »

hotcrystal0 wrote: February 10th, 2026, 5:35 pm P42 and P100:

Code: Select all

x = 43, y = 27, rule = StateInvestigator
$.B6EB$2.B4DB2$4.2A33.E2B$4.2A3$10.A$9.A.A$8.A3.A$9.A.A17.C4.A$10.A22.
D.A$34.D.A$10.A20.A.B.A$9.A.A18.A.D$8.A3.A18.A.D$9.A.A20.A4.C$10.A3$4.
2A$4.2A2$2.B4DB17.2BE$.B6EB!
Reduced the p42 by 8 cells:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 25, rule = B3/S23Investigator
P2.2D2.P$.B4DB2$3.2A$3.2A3$9.A$8.A.A$7.A3.A$8.A.A$9.A2$9.A$8.A.A$7.A3.
A$8.A.A$9.A3$3.2A$3.2A2$.B4DB$P2.2D2.P!
User avatar
qqd
Posts: 623
Joined: September 10th, 2022, 4:24 pm
Location: In a superposition of multiple different locations.

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by qqd »

A better 3 cell highway robber with repeat time 87:

Code: Select all

x = 27, y = 33, rule = LifeInvestigator
A.A$.2A$.A19$23.A$24.A$22.3A5$17.C2$26.D2$26.B!
Strange 3 cell glider to glider plus block:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 12, rule = LifeInvestigator
2.A$3.A$.3A7$5.D$C$5.B!
Currently writing a utility in Lua that may be helpful for faster manual pattern manipulation.
Citation needed
Posts: 698
Joined: April 1st, 2021, 1:03 am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by Citation needed »

Code: Select all

#C Monomer (using four gray cells) of a four-barrel gun from CGoL
x = 9, y = 27, rule = B3/S23Investigator
4.2A$4.2A8$.2A3.2A$2.5A$3.3A$4.A4$8.E2$4.A3.E$4.A$4.A2$3A5.E4$4.E!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Citation needed wrote: April 3rd, 2026, 6:30 am

Code: Select all

#C Monomer (using four gray cells) of a four-barrel gun from CGoL
x = 9, y = 27, rule = B3/S23Investigator
4.2A$4.2A8$.2A3.2A$2.5A$3.3A$4.A4$8.E2$4.A3.E$4.A$4.A2$3A5.E4$4.E!
Better monomer:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 25, rule = StateInvestigator
4.2A$4.2A9$.2A.A.2A2$.A5.A2$2.2A.2A$4.A$8.E2$4.A3.E$4.A$4.A2$3A2$5.E!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
I6_I6
Posts: 1049
Joined: July 26th, 2025, 8:44 pm
Location: Here, there, somewhere, anywhere, everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by I6_I6 »

hotcrystal0 wrote: April 3rd, 2026, 8:08 am
Citation needed wrote: April 3rd, 2026, 6:30 am

Code: Select all

#C Monomer (using four gray cells) of a four-barrel gun from CGoL
x = 9, y = 27, rule = B3/S23Investigator
4.2A$4.2A8$.2A3.2A$2.5A$3.3A$4.A4$8.E2$4.A3.E$4.A$4.A2$3A5.E4$4.E!
Better monomer:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 25, rule = StateInvestigator
4.2A$4.2A9$.2A.A.2A2$.A5.A2$2.2A.2A$4.A$8.E2$4.A3.E$4.A$4.A2$3A2$5.E!
Betterer monomer (smaller BB):

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 24, rule = B3/S23Investigator
4.2A$4.2A9$.2A.A.2A2$.A5.A2$2.2A.2A$4.A$8.E2$4.A3.E$4.A$4.A2$3A$6.E!

Code: Select all

#C [[ THEME Golly ]]
x = 27, y = 15, rule = LifeHistory
8.A$A6.A.A$3A4.BA2B.B2D$3.A4.2B.2B2DB$2.2A2.3B.6B2.3B$2.20B$4.19B$4.2B
C10BD4B$4.2B2C10BD4B$4.B2C11B2D3B$4.13B2D4B$5.12BD3B.B2A$6.13B3.BA.A$
6.3B.B3.B10.A$25.2A!
RuleEdit: A .rule file editing tool
WhiteHawk
Posts: 1421
Joined: July 10th, 2024, 5:34 pm

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by WhiteHawk »

I6_I6 wrote: April 4th, 2026, 12:19 pm
hotcrystal0 wrote: April 3rd, 2026, 8:08 am
Citation needed wrote: April 3rd, 2026, 6:30 am
Better monomer:
Betterer monomer (smaller BB):
Even better

Code: Select all

x = 20, y = 9, rule = B3/S23Investigator
5.E.E$11.A.A$E8.A3.A$9.A$3.3A2.A4.A5.E$9.A$.A7.A3.A$.A9.A.A$.A!
EDIT: Interesting capped form

Code: Select all

x = 20, y = 9, rule = B3/S23Investigator
5.E.E$11.A.A$E8.A3.A$9.A$3.3A2.A4.A5.E$9.A$.A7.A3.A$.A9.A.A$.A3.E!
Currently working to improve Life's guns and work on updating SKOPs and Isotropic rules most similar to B3/S23 to Life standards. Will get software to begin searches eventually.

Pseudastur albicollis
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Period1GliderGun wrote: September 3rd, 2024, 3:49 pm
hotcrystal0 wrote: September 2nd, 2024, 10:36 pm P23 traffic light hassler:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 7, rule = StateInvestigator
4.R4$E7.E$3.3A$4.A!
p25 version:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3/S23Investigator
4.R4$E2.3A2.E$3.A.A$3.3A6$3.3A$3.A.A$E2.3A2.E4$4.R!
P19 version and weirder P25:

Code: Select all

x = 35, y = 18, rule = StateInvestigator
6.R17.R2$4.A.A.A$3.A5.A$2.E7.E9.E7.E$5.3A15.3A$2.A.A3.A.A13.A4$30.A$29.
3A$ED2E22.E7.E$D.A$E.2A$.EA$.D28.R$.E!
P48 (23+25) and P90 (23+25+19+23):

Code: Select all

x = 25, y = 18, rule = StateInvestigator
4.R15.R4$E7.E7.E7.E$3.3A13.3A$4.A15.A5$3.2A12.A2.A$.A4.A$E6.E8.D4.A$D
6.D7.ED4.D$E6AE8.D3.DE$17.3DE$18.E!
Edit: Smaller P19:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 12, rule = StateInvestigator
4.R2$2.A.A.A$.A5.A$E7.E$3.3A$A.A3.A.A4$5.AB$4.BA!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 2118
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 »

The regenerating block and regenerating boat catalysts have been known for a good amount of time:

Code: Select all

x = 20, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
5.A11.A$5.A.A9.A.A$5.2A10.2A2$3.2A10.2A$3.2A10.A.A$16.A$.B4DB6.E$ED.
2E.DE5.DA$13.D2.DE$14.2DE!
But when two copies of the regenerating block catalysts are placed together, it forms a p9:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
2.ED.2E.DE$3.B4DB2$5.2A$5.2A2$3.2A$3.2A2$.B4DB$ED.2E.DE!
When one of each or when two copies of the regenerating boat catalysts are placed together, it forms a p23:

Code: Select all

x = 22, y = 15, rule = StateInvestigator
18.E2D$17.ED2.D$.ED.2E.DE11.AD$2.B4DB13.E$18.A$4.2A11.A.A$4.2A12.2A2$
2.2A12.2A$2.A.A11.A.A$3.A13.A$E13.E$DA12.DA$D2.DE9.D2.DE$.2DE11.2DE!
EDIT: Two copies of this fishhook-type replacement catalyst can form a p8:

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
3.C$5.A$3.E3A$3.D.Q.R$4.AD.C2$C.DA$R.Q.D$.3AE$2.A$4.C!
This can be used to turn the regenerating block and boat catalysts into p9 and p23 duoplet sparkers:

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 13, rule = StateInvestigator
4.C14.C2$4.E14.E$4.D.Q.R10.D.Q.R$5.AD.C11.AD.C2$3.2A13.2A$3.2A13.2A$
20.A$.B4DB9.E$ED.2E.DE8.DA$16.D2.DE$17.2DE!
Last edited by Entity Valkyrie 2 on May 14th, 2026, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

HyperConway — explore cellular automata on HyperRogue's hyperbolic tiling

Creator of the rule StateInvestigator
Please click here for my own pages (and oscillator stamp collections)
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote: May 14th, 2026, 1:02 am The regenerating block and regenerating boat catalysts have been known for a good amount of time:

Code: Select all

x = 20, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
5.A11.A$5.A.A9.A.A$5.2A10.2A2$3.2A10.2A$3.2A10.A.A$16.A$.B4DB6.E$ED.
2E.DE5.DA$13.D2.DE$14.2DE!
But when two copies of the regenerating block catalysts are placed together, it forms a p9:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
2.ED.2E.DE$3.B4DB2$5.2A$5.2A2$3.2A$3.2A2$.B4DB$ED.2E.DE!
When one of each or when two copies of the regenerating boat catalysts are placed together, it forms a p23:

Code: Select all

x = 22, y = 15, rule = StateInvestigator
18.E2D$17.ED2.D$.ED.2E.DE11.AD$2.B4DB13.E$18.A$4.2A11.A.A$4.2A12.2A2$
2.2A12.2A$2.A.A11.A.A$3.A13.A$E13.E$DA12.DA$D2.DE9.D2.DE$.2DE11.2DE!
Just to clarify: the regenerating boat catalyst comes from Symbiosis.
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
LWSSONHWSSONLWSS
Posts: 410
Joined: July 20th, 2024, 9:51 am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by LWSSONHWSSONLWSS »

Some random “replicator” I found, might be useful

Code: Select all

x = 83, y = 6, rule = B3/S23Investigator
2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED2ED
2ED2ED2ED2ED2E$P5.2A.2A71.P$P7.A73.P$C81.C$C81.C$83C!
Please click this okay?
Image
User avatar
PHPBB12345
Posts: 1150
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 11:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by PHPBB12345 »

TigerCub414 wrote: June 18th, 2026, 6:40 pm A partial color changing reflector. The sacrificial boat here has to be replaced with either a permanent catalyst or a transparent object restored by other catalysts for the reflector to work. This would act as a stable version of a bouncer. If completed, the reflector would have a repeat time of 47. It is fairly simple, so it might be already known.

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 21, rule = B3/S23
3bo$4bo$2b3o3$o$3o$3bo$2b2o15b2o$19bo$17bobo$17b2o$7b2o$7b2o2b2o$11b2o
3$4b2o$5bo6bo$2b3o6bobo$2bo9b2o!
RT47 reflector in LifeFunc:

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 32, rule = LifeFunc2
A.A$.2A$.A9$13.A$14.A$12.3A3$10.A$10.3A$13.A$12.2A15.2A$29.A$27.A.A$
27.2A$17.2A$17.2A2.2A$21.2A3$14.2A$15.A5.FA$12.3A6.E.A$12.A8.BCAB!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Boring P228:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 9, rule = StateInvestigator
2.E2.E2D$.D4.A.D$E5.A.D$7.DE$7.E$E$DA$D2.DE$.2DE!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Just porting the new spark/G-to-LWSS to LifeFunc:

Code: Select all

x = 17, y = 36, rule = LifeFunc2
9.BFCF$8.C4.C$7.2B.C2F$5.JB2.B.F2B$5.B5.F$4.BF$3.2FCA$2.C2.BC$2.FC.BF
2.4F$.A.2BCFBF3B3F2B$7.BC2FCFK2C$8.C.K3F2B$10.BC2BC11$9.BFCF$8.C4.C$7.
2B.C2F$5.JB2.B.F2B$5.B5.F$4.BF$4.FCA$.2A2.BC$A.A2.BF2.4F$2.A2.CFBF3B3F
2B$7.BC2FCFK2C$8.C.K3F2B$10.BC2BC!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Antonin Duda
Posts: 168
Joined: October 19th, 2023, 10:23 am
Location: 404 not found

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by Antonin Duda »

r-pentomino to strange p3

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 6, rule = LifeFunc
2.F2$.A$.2A$2A$4.F!
1and0nlycordershippr
Posts: 369
Joined: December 20th, 2025, 8:34 pm
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by 1and0nlycordershippr »

Useless xWSS squares:

Code: Select all

x = 41, y = 41, rule = LifeFunc
31.10I$31.I8.I$31.I8.I$31.I8.I$31.I8.I$31.I8.I$31.I8.I$31.I8.I$31.I8.
I$31.10I5$16.11I$16.I9.I$16.I9.I$16.I9.I$16.I9.I$16.I9.I$16.I9.I$16.I
9.I$16.I9.I$16.I9.I$16.11I5$12I$I10.I$I10.I$I10.I$I10.I$I10.I$I10.I$I
10.I$I10.I$I10.I$I10.I$12I!
weird

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 12, rule = R4,C2,S2-3,B3,N@000000038181c0000005
obo$b2o$bo8$6b2o$6b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

We all know that StateInvestigator has a stable version of a periodic 180° reflector in CGoL involving a block getting converted into a pi and then restored:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
.A$2.A$3A2$8.C5$5.2A$5.2D!
However, there also exists a stable version of the other periodic reflector on that lane:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
.A$2.A$3A5$10.ED$10.ADE$5.2A2.2ED$5.2D!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Tremi-glider to LWSS:

Code: Select all

x = 47, y = 43, rule = StateInvestigator
2.A$A.A$.2A15$17.A.A$18.2A$18.A10$36.B$45.E3$35.A$36.A9.B$34.3A9.B2$41.
E3$36.C$38.2A.C$38.2A!
180° glider reflector:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
.A$2.A$3A3.E6$3.C$5.2A.C$5.2A!
Glider to R:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
.A4.2A$2.A2.A$3A3.A2$10.B4$3.C$5.2A.C$5.2A!
All of them are derived from this base reaction consisting of a glider hitting a block and 2 killer cells:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 11, rule = StateInvestigator
.A$2.A$3A6$3.C$5.2A.C$5.2A!
Edit: A pair of similar 90- and 180° reflectors:

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 16, rule = StateInvestigator
4.C21.C5$.A17.A$2.A6.E10.A6.E$3A15.3A6$3.C17.C$5.2A.C14.2A.C$5.2A16.2A
!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4617
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by hotcrystal0 »

This Herschel + killer cell reaction can be used to make a LWSS, a MWSS, or a HWSS:

Code: Select all

x = 25, y = 39, rule = StateInvestigator
23.ED$22.BE$21.E2$C19.C3$A19.A$A.A17.A.A$3A17.3A$2.A19.A5$21.2D2$21.C
$20.C3$20.A$20.A.A$20.3A$22.A7$22.E$20.C3$20.A$20.A.A$20.3A$22.A!
Edit: (unrelated) P104:

Code: Select all

x = 48, y = 25, rule = StateInvestigator
6.E13.E6.E13.E$2.E6.C28.C6.E$.E44.E$DA44.AD$DA44.AD$.E44.E5$20.2A4.2A
$19.A.A4.A.A$19.A8.A$19.A.A4.A.A$20.2A4.2A$13.C20.C9$20.E6.E!
116 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Rhombicubocta
Posts: 81
Joined: May 27th, 2026, 9:44 am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by Rhombicubocta »

P246 gun

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 24, rule = StateInvestigator
.13E$15K$.4A5.4A2$4.A5.A$4.A5.A$6.3A3$6.3A3$7.A$7.A$7.A9$7.O!
edit:
Alternative

Code: Select all

x = 29, y = 28, rule = StateInvestigator
8.13E$7.15K$8.4A5.4A2$11.A5.A$11.A5.A$13.3A3$13.3A3$14.A$14.A$14.A9$
14.D4$CE25.EC!
User avatar
yyh_baboon
Posts: 554
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 5:07 am
Location: on a spaceship

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by yyh_baboon »

P449:

Code: Select all

 x = 8, y = 5, rule = B3/S23Investigator
.2A$A$A.I4.C$A$.2A!
P110 gun:(Actually 4-barreled)

Code: Select all

 x = 17, y = 16, rule = B3/S23Investigator
12.E10$C$E$13.I3$16.C!
P662 gun:

Code: Select all

 x = 38, y = 38, rule = B3/S23Investigator
M4$4.L3$37.C30$7.C!
Definitely not spam
P38 gun is constructed :) Now is P23 next?
Currently hand-searching spaceships.ÔvÔ

Code: Select all

 x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3aeiq4tz5j6i7e8/S2-ci3-aeky4cei5ain6acin78
3o$o2bo$3bo$b3o!
Rhombicubocta
Posts: 81
Joined: May 27th, 2026, 9:44 am

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by Rhombicubocta »

A 1/2-mer or hemi-mer twin bee shuttle.

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 7, rule = StateInvestigator
11.A$2A8.2A15.2A$2A7.2A16.2A$10.2A2.2A3$30O!
I wish we could pull this off in standard Life, but probably impossible.

edit:
Half eureka

Code: Select all

x = 26, y = 12, rule = StateInvestigator
$3.A14.A$2.A.A4.A7.A.A$3.A3.2A.2A6.A$9.A3$3.16O!
It look's like this is a general type of thing with state 15 cells and this symmetry.

edit 2:

Code: Select all

x = 53, y = 16, rule = StateInvestigator
$7.2A32.2A$7.2A32.2A2$15.A13.3A$13.4A11.A2.A$2.2A4.4A5.A9.A2.2A8.2A4.
2A$2.2A3.A7.2A11.A10.A2.A3.2A$7.A.A5.4A8.A.A10.A.A$8.A3.A4.2A8.A.A11.
A$27.A.A$5.A11.2A9.A15.A$4.A.A7.A4.A23.A.A$4.2A9.5A24.2A2$7.36O!
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 2118
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 »

Rhombicubocta wrote: July 29th, 2026, 6:08 pm A 1/2-mer or hemi-mer twin bee shuttle.

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 7, rule = StateInvestigator
11.A$2A8.2A15.2A$2A7.2A16.2A$10.2A2.2A3$30O!
edit:
Half eureka

Code: Select all

x = 26, y = 12, rule = StateInvestigator
$3.A14.A$2.A.A4.A7.A.A$3.A3.2A.2A6.A$9.A3$3.16O!
It look's like this is a general type of thing with state 15 cells and this symmetry.
Note that a line of state 5 cells one cell higher achieves the same effect:

Code: Select all

x = 54, y = 6, rule = StateInvestigator
11.A25.A14.A$2A8.2A15.2A7.A.A4.A7.A.A$2A7.2A16.2A8.A3.2A.2A6.A$10.2A
2.2A27.A2$5.19E19.4E!
And it even turns out that not all the cells in the line are necessary:

Code: Select all

x = 54, y = 6, rule = StateInvestigator
11.A25.A14.A$2A8.2A15.2A7.A.A4.A7.A.A$2A7.2A16.2A8.A3.2A.2A6.A$10.2A
31.A$14.2A$5.E2.2E.2E3.2E.2E2.E19.E2.E!
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

HyperConway — explore cellular automata on HyperRogue's hyperbolic tiling

Creator of the rule StateInvestigator
Please click here for my own pages (and oscillator stamp collections)
User avatar
ababa11e
Posts: 200
Joined: May 9th, 2024, 11:14 pm

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by ababa11e »

Probably useless, but small spaceship eaters.

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 50, rule = B3/S23Investigator
4.A9.A$3.A.A7.A.A$3.A.A7.A.A$C2.A9.A2$2.2A8.2A$3.A.A7.A.A$2.A.A7.A.A$
2.3A7.3A2$3.A.A7.A.A$3.2A8.2A$4.A9.A$4.A.A7.A.A$4.A.A7.A.A$5.A9.A6$3.
2A2.A.2A6.2A2.A.2A$2.A2.A2.2A6.A2.A2.2A$3.A.A11.A.A$4.A13.A$10.A13.A$
8.3A11.3A$7.A13.A$8.A13.A$.DA6.2A12.2A$.AD$2.E7$6.2A.A11.2A.A$3.A6.A7.
A6.A$3.A2.A3.2A6.A2.A3.2A$4.2A5.A.2A4.2A5.A.2A$4.2A5.A.2A4.2A5.A.2A$3.
A2.A3.2A6.A2.A3.2A$3.A6.A7.A6.A$6.2A.A11.2A.A2$2.D2$2.C!
25P3H1V0.1 in 1 cell, Loafer in 5 cells, and Copperhead in 2 cells [I personally find this one most impressive.]
ababa11e: creating rules one golf at a time.

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 9, rule = B3-jr4jn6c/S234i5r
6bo$6bo$8bo$8b3o$10bo$7bo2bo$7b3o!
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 2118
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Extended Life Extensions

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 »

ababa11e wrote: July 30th, 2026, 9:37 pm Probably useless, but small spaceship eaters.

Code: Select all

x = 30, y = 50, rule = B3/S23Investigator
4.A9.A$3.A.A7.A.A$3.A.A7.A.A$C2.A9.A2$2.2A8.2A$3.A.A7.A.A$2.A.A7.A.A$
2.3A7.3A2$3.A.A7.A.A$3.2A8.2A$4.A9.A$4.A.A7.A.A$4.A.A7.A.A$5.A9.A6$3.
2A2.A.2A6.2A2.A.2A$2.A2.A2.2A6.A2.A2.2A$3.A.A11.A.A$4.A13.A$10.A13.A$
8.3A11.3A$7.A13.A$8.A13.A$.DA6.2A12.2A$.AD$2.E7$6.2A.A11.2A.A$3.A6.A7.
A6.A$3.A2.A3.2A6.A2.A3.2A$4.2A5.A.2A4.2A5.A.2A$4.2A5.A.2A4.2A5.A.2A$3.
A2.A3.2A6.A2.A3.2A$3.A6.A7.A6.A$6.2A.A11.2A.A2$2.D2$2.C!
25P3H1V0.1 in 1 cell, Loafer in 5 cells, and Copperhead in 2 cells [I personally find this one most impressive.]
There are two known 1-cell ways to eat a loafer:

Code: Select all

x = 29, y = 10, rule = StateInvestigator
E$7.2A2.A.2A6.2A2.A.2A$6.A2.A2.2A6.A2.A2.2A$7.A.A11.A.A$8.A13.A$14.A
13.A$12.3A11.3A$11.A13.A$12.A13.A$13.2A12.2A!

Code: Select all

x = 29, y = 10, rule = StateInvestigator
7.2A2.A.2A6.2A2.A.2A$6.A2.A2.2A6.A2.A2.2A$7.A.A11.A.A$8.A13.A$14.A13.
A$12.3A11.3A$11.A13.A$12.A13.A$13.2A12.2A$C!
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

HyperConway — explore cellular automata on HyperRogue's hyperbolic tiling

Creator of the rule StateInvestigator
Please click here for my own pages (and oscillator stamp collections)
Post Reply