Underdeveloped Rule Project

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Post Reply
User avatar
hibiscus
Posts: 445
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 3:30 am

Underdeveloped Rule Project

Post by hibiscus »

Rule of the Fortnight is dead. Attempting a revival of the thread will yield practically nothing, as demonstrated on June 4th and September 8th, 2025... which is why I'm bringing it back with a slight twist.

The rules that can be nominated in this project will be limited to only those which bear LifeWiki pages (in mainspace and userspace). Rules are also not limited to tenures of two weeks; members can decide when new rules can be elected. The voting period shall be increased to 3 days.

The current Underdeveloped Rule is 237/34578/4 (9:43 at Knight).
UR1 (2026-02-26 to ????-??-??): 237/34578/4 (9:43 at Knight)
Last edited by hibiscus on February 26th, 2026, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

#C [[ ZOOM 8 TRACK -3/87 -1/87 ]]
x = 4, y = 5, rule = B35ay/S2-i3-e4ey5j
2bo$b2o$2obo$bobo$2b2o!
1376.
https://genevei.github.io/kitagolue.html
User avatar
islptng
Posts: 496
Joined: May 24th, 2024, 6:17 am
Location: 种花家

Re: Underdeveloped Rule Project

Post by islptng »

User:I am islptng/OCA:T-and-Tub is already overdeveloped, so I nominate User:I am islptng/OCA:T-logic#T-logic_4(B3ain4ajkz5ejknq6-ac7e/S1e2-cn3-aenq4-ajntw5ikqy6-i7e).

Thread here (dead).
My sandbox | All my engineered replicators | BsKngt | TNT
Asperger, ISTP, using a Dvorak keyboard.

I love my new school life.
User avatar
unname4798
Posts: 2569
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
Location: Near ConwayLife servers

Re: Underdeveloped Rule Project

Post by unname4798 »

Code: Select all

#R B38/S1e23-jack4i
!
[[ RANDOMIZE ]]
I nominate B38/S1e23-jack4i (JackLife 3) (User:Unname4798/OCA/JackLife 2#Variants).
User avatar
hibiscus
Posts: 445
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 3:30 am

Re: Underdeveloped Rule Project

Post by hibiscus »

I've realized that no votes were actually ever placed... in light of this, I shall extend the voting period by one day. No more nominations can be placed.

I vote for 237/34578/4 (9:43 at Knight) and B2-a3-ei4jtw6e/S12-a3r5ainr8 (Just Wickstretchers).

Code: Select all

#C [[ ZOOM 8 TRACK -3/87 -1/87 ]]
x = 4, y = 5, rule = B35ay/S2-i3-e4ey5j
2bo$b2o$2obo$bobo$2b2o!
1376.
https://genevei.github.io/kitagolue.html
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 347
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: Underdeveloped Rule Project

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

Just Wickstretchers seems a bit too basic in evolution, I'm voting for 9:43 at Knight.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

I think I've learned the ropes of cellular automata. My current interest is range-two LTLs.
Post Reply