Famous Quotes
-
Haycat2009
- Posts: 1053
- Joined: April 26th, 2023, 5:47 am
- Location: Bahar Junction, Zumaland
Re: Famous Quotes
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
- confocaloid
- Posts: 6697
- Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
- Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms
Re: Famous Quotes
A typical "roleplay sandbox thread" be like:
b-engine wrote: May 5th, 2025, 9:22 am Jailed the jail jail jail for jailing jail jail. Also jailed blue air altogether for irritating [username]: [...]unname4798 wrote: May 5th, 2025, 9:32 am Jailed [username] inside the blue air jail for creating blue air: [...]b-engine wrote: May 5th, 2025, 9:40 am Jailed jail jail jail jail for jailing jail jail jail, and yellow tub for staying near jail. White blinker evacuated to avoid being jailed: [...]unname4798 wrote: May 5th, 2025, 9:49 am Jailed the white blinker for being near a jail jail jail jail jail, as well as jailed the jail jail jail jail jail for jailing a white blinker: [...]
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
-
Citation needed
- Posts: 698
- Joined: April 1st, 2021, 1:03 am
- CARuler
- Posts: 1351
- Joined: July 30th, 2024, 5:38 pm
- Location: A rule-verse in floor rule-verse of the CGOL skyscraper
Re: Famous Quotes
confocaloid wrote: May 10th, 2025, 7:40 pmCARuler wrote: May 10th, 2025, 6:59 pm
edit:
no unjailing reality without sayingCode: Select all
x = 200, y = 161, rule = B3/S23Super
confocaloid wrote: May 10th, 2025, 9:17 pm
Note the forum rule 3d, which says in particular "... only quote text that is actually relevant to your post ..."
likes interesting rules
vist my rules here
also likes weird growth patterns in CA
hyperbolic CA!!!
ADHD user
mostly inactive
vist my rules here
also likes weird growth patterns in CA
hyperbolic CA!!!
ADHD user
mostly inactive
-
Haycat2009
- Posts: 1053
- Joined: April 26th, 2023, 5:47 am
- Location: Bahar Junction, Zumaland
Re: Famous Quotes
Lesson learnt: Do not hunt others on suspicion counts2lw+2lh+2wh wrote: May 3rd, 2025, 11:17 pm Hiya! I'm 2lw+2lh+2wh, but I'm not gonna say more about myself until I'm unbanned from the Discord. My username's "temporaryaccount103938493488483". I got banned because the people thought I was Cole. * incorrect buzzer * NimbleRogue asked how many alts Cole had, and I just said 3. Now everyone thinks I'm Cole just because I said that. I even saw a ghost notif after I was banned from Planetnine saying "You just dont learn dont you". It's really not hard to tell how many alts he has from just lurking in the server for a month or two. I said 3 because there's obviously Cole, then abaca was talking about Alicia, then probs Abaca themselves. So I hope that's enough for me to not be suspected as Cole and be unbanned. I rlly wanna continue OoTT.
Also why is cole banned, he seems ok to me.
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
Re: Famous Quotes
Transphobia on Discord. You wouldn't have seen it from the forums alone.
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries
Periods discovered:
All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122
5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576
Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
Periods discovered:
All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122
5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576
Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
-
Haycat2009
- Posts: 1053
- Joined: April 26th, 2023, 5:47 am
- Location: Bahar Junction, Zumaland
Re: Famous Quotes
What do you mean? I don’t have access to discord so I hope there are screenshotshotdogPi wrote: May 11th, 2025, 8:40 amTransphobia on Discord. You wouldn't have seen it from the forums alone.
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
-
Citation needed
- Posts: 698
- Joined: April 1st, 2021, 1:03 am
-
Citation needed
- Posts: 698
- Joined: April 1st, 2021, 1:03 am
Re: Famous Quotes
On behalf of ColorfulGalaxy, I created a thread named "Which piece of music is this CA dancing to".dl-rs wrote:Permant fan of... well, maybe not.
can't we try constructing dancing line in CGOL?
Check out EZLife, the new CGOL!
ColorfulGalaxy is learning to use LifeViewer commands.
- b-engine
- Posts: 3762
- Joined: October 26th, 2023, 4:11 am
- Location: Somewhere on where Earth At
- Contact:
Re: Famous Quotes
Humans are pretty bad at spotting such minor typos involving swapping letters. Therefore I misread cata'log'ue as cata'gol'ue; there's nothing relevant to cellular automata that's called Catalogue.
Try INT Minesweeper
Re: Famous Quotes
take a look at this three-headed coin
Three Girl Friends !
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
Re: Famous Quotes
He always quotes my message without any link and is very confusing (because I don't know which one he quoted). One example above.
====================
He didn't get the joke.Citation needed wrote: May 19th, 2025, 12:03 am"RLE" means "Run Length Encoded".hotcrystal0 wrote: April 26th, 2025, 5:36 pm cis/trans: the difference between these two still livesHRT: higher-range totalisticCode: Select all
x = 14, y = 5, rule = B3/S23 3bo8b2o$2bobo6bobo$bob2o5bobo$bo8bo$2o7b2o!
bi: prefix for certain pseudo still lives
non-binary: not base 2
transition: controversy has led me to leave this undefined
someone please make a literal bi-block
"MAP" means "Non-isotropic Range 1 Two-state Rule".
My sandbox | All my engineered replicators | BsKngt | TNT
Asperger, ISTP, using a Dvorak keyboard.
I love my new school life.
Asperger, ISTP, using a Dvorak keyboard.
I love my new school life.
Re: Famous Quotes
confocaloid wrote: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms
Can't trust someone who misspells typset as typeset.
Contribute to CheckerLife!
Oppose KOSA now, save the internet!
The Sandboxer Sandbox (Discord server)
RIP Unname New Web
Contribute to CheckerLife!
Oppose KOSA now, save the internet!
The Sandboxer Sandbox (Discord server)
RIP Unname New Web
- tommyaweosme
- Posts: 1581
- Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am
Re: Famous Quotes
here's the gosper glider gun
Code: Select all
#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!Re: Famous Quotes
Should be famous.Conwaylife.com Servers wrote:Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!
Re: Famous Quotes
Another one?
And this :
towerator's signature wrote:This is game of life, this is game of life!
Loafin' ships eaten with a knife!
- unname4798
- Posts: 2550
- Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
- Location: Near ConwayLife servers
Re: Famous Quotes
jayden678910 wrote: Zeration toad is infected by ALEPH-NESS. Zeration block isn’t powerful enough to multiply sea monster by zero. Also the harpoon killed zeration block. It can’t multiply sea monster by zero if it’s already dead. Fiery toad can’t be extinguished if there isn’t anything to extinguish it.
- tommyaweosme
- Posts: 1581
- Joined: January 15th, 2024, 9:37 am
Re: Famous Quotes
from the discord:
this is very full of famous quotestommyaweosme: what if we made a conlang without a noun and just had instead of a noun a list of adjectives and verbs the thing does
sylvie: the problem is some nouns cannot be described by actions
tommyaweosme: do you know what a stemmed orange spherical seeded seasonal ___ is?
dragoncoder047: (xkcd comic 1774)
rabbit: opens the left bag and finds a bunch of large, oddly-shaped sparkers
dronebetter: try the yujh flambé it is very yujhular
here's the gosper glider gun
Code: Select all
#R life
24bo$22bobo$12b2o6b2o12b2o$11bo3bo4b2o12b2o$2o8bo5bo3b2o$2o8bo3bob2o4b
obo$10bo5bo7bo$11bo3bo$12b2o!- qqd
- Posts: 622
- Joined: September 10th, 2022, 4:24 pm
- Location: In a superposition of multiple different locations.
Re: Famous Quotes
Genies in B3/S23:
Jormungant wrote: April 21st, 2025, 9:47 amYou now have 2 wishes left:Tawal wrote: April 21st, 2025, 5:46 am I need help to destroy the yellow Block using the white Glider, keeping the green Eater1 and respecting the blue area restriction :Thanks a lot.Code: Select all
x = 13, y = 35, rule = LifeHistory .2B$5B$6B3.2A$6B3.A.A$7B4.A$9B2.2A$9B$9B$10B$10B$6B2E2B$6B2E$7B$7B$8B $8B$8B$8B$7B$6B$6B$7B$6B2.2C$6B.CBC$9BC$9B$8B$7B$8B$9B$9B$8B$7B$4B$2. B!
Edit:
I would prefer a stable solution.
So... we get to see where that is needed then?Code: Select all
x = 56, y = 51, rule = LifeHistory 4$23.2A$24.A$23.A$20.A2.4A$20.3A4.A$23.A.BA.A$5.2B15.A.2B2AB$4.5B13. 2A.3B$4.6B3.2A10.5B$4.6B3.A.A6.2B.5B$4.7B4.A6.10B$4.9B2.2A3.15B$4.9B 7.16B$4.9B7.15B$4.10B6.15B$4.10B2.B3.16B$4.6B2E2B2.B2.17B$4.6B2EB.3B. 6B2A11B$4.7B.11BA2BA11B$4.19BA2BA11B$4.20B2A9B2.B2A.A$4.29B4.B2AB3A$ 4.8B.20B6.B4.A$4.8B2.19B5.2A.3A$4.7B4.8B2.2B.5B6.A.A$4.6B5.8B7.3B2A4. A$4.6B4.5B13.A2BA2.2A$4.7B2.4B15.ABAB3.A.2A$4.6B2.2C2B17.A4B.A.2A$4. 7BCBCB20.B2A.A$4.9BC21.BAB.A$4.9B20.A4.A$4.8B21.5A$4.7B$4.8B23.A$4.9B 21.A.A$4.9B22.A$4.8B$4.7B$4.4B$6.B!
Currently writing a utility in Lua that may be helpful for faster manual pattern manipulation.
- hotcrystal0
- Posts: 4608
- Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
- Location: wherever you think I am
Re: Famous Quotes
tommyaweosme wrote: a pi poem about conways game of life:
and i find a glider impacting my eater1
3 1 4 1 5 9 2 6
glider was alive, suddenly destroyed
5 3 5 8 9
119 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.
Code: Select all
x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!- qqd
- Posts: 622
- Joined: September 10th, 2022, 4:24 pm
- Location: In a superposition of multiple different locations.
Re: Famous Quotes
Actually famous quote (55 likes, not even speed tunnel or the p14, p15 and p16 guns compare to this):
glider_rider wrote: July 21st, 2023, 2:41 pm Interesting loop:Code: Select all
x = 75, y = 61, rule = B3/S23 35bo$33b3o$32bo$17b2o13b2o$18bo$18bobo$19b2o$25bo$24bobo$23b2ob2o8bo$ 24bo2bo9bo$24b2ob2o6b3o$25bobo$26bo$26bo$5b2o18bobo4b2o$6bo20bo4bo$5bo 7bo8b2obo7b3o$5b2o6bo8b3o10bo$2o19bo$o2b4o4b3o8b2o21bobo$bobo2bo3bob2o 3bobo2b2o22b2o$2o2b2o4b2o5bobo6bo19bo$2bobo14bo7b3o$2bo2bo21b2o$3b2o$ 8b2o15bo$9bo14bobo$6b3o8b2o5b2o$6bo10bobo$17bo39bo$55bobo10bo$49b2o5b 2o8b3o$48bobo14bo$49bo15b2o$70b2o$46b2o21bo2bo$45b3o7bo14bobo$28bo19bo 6bobo5b2o4b2o2b2o$27b2o22b2o2bobo3b2obo3bo2bobo$27bobo21b2o8b3o4b4o2bo $53bo19b2o$39bo10b3o8bo6b2o$39b3o7bob2o8bo7bo$42bo4bo20bo$41b2o4bobo 18b2o$48bo$48bo$47bobo$37b3o6b2ob2o$37bo9bo2bo$38bo8b2ob2o$48bobo$49bo $54b2o$54bobo$56bo$41b2o13b2o$42bo$39b3o$39bo!
Currently writing a utility in Lua that may be helpful for faster manual pattern manipulation.
Re: Famous Quotes
57 likes now. Your post will probably increase it even more.qqd wrote: October 31st, 2025, 3:52 am Actually famous quote (55 likes, not even speed tunnel or the p14, p15 and p16 guns compare to this):
Weird, you can use a link to like posts: app.php/postlove/toggle/163972
Code: Select all
x = 31, y = 13, rule = C
8.2X2.3X.3X.X.X$8.X.X.X3.X3.X.X$8.X.X.3X.3X.X.X$8.2X2.X5.X.X.X$8.X.X.
3X.3X.3X$M2.M$4.M$M3.M$.4M$27.2M$27.M.M$29.M$29.2M! [[ AUTOSTART GPS 10 ]]
- breaker's glider gun
- Posts: 730
- Joined: May 23rd, 2021, 10:26 am
- Location: the inside of a stuffed anaconda or maybe [click to not expand]
Re: Famous Quotes
Your post increased it even more, because I just had to test that linkResu wrote: October 31st, 2025, 11:16 am 57 likes now. Your post will probably increase it even more.
Weird, you can use a link to like posts: app.php/postlove/toggle/163972
- yyh_baboon
- Posts: 552
- Joined: March 28th, 2025, 5:07 am
- Location: on a spaceship
Re: Famous Quotes
and yours also increased it even even more, because I also just had to test that link.breaker's glider gun wrote: November 1st, 2025, 7:51 amYour post increased it even more, because I just had to test that linkResu wrote: October 31st, 2025, 11:16 am 57 likes now. Your post will probably increase it even more.
Weird, you can use a link to like posts: app.php/postlove/toggle/163972![]()
There are 61 likes by now
Definitely not spam
P38 gun is constructed
Now is P23 next?
Currently hand-searching spaceships.ÔvÔ
P38 gun is constructed
Currently hand-searching spaceships.ÔvÔ
Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3aeiq4tz5j6i7e8/S2-ci3-aeky4cei5ain6acin78
3o$o2bo$3bo$b3o!
- b-engine
- Posts: 3762
- Joined: October 26th, 2023, 4:11 am
- Location: Somewhere on where Earth At
- Contact:
Re: Famous Quotes
Guess this quoted post is famous for making a post more famous. And guess this post I posted is famous because of whatever I said.qqd wrote: October 31st, 2025, 3:52 am Actually famous quote (55 likes, not even speed tunnel or the p14, p15 and p16 guns compare to this):
Try INT Minesweeper