A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
x = 28, y = 27, rule = B3/S23
18bo$17bobo$17bob3o$14b2obo4bo$14bobobobobo$16bobob2o4b2o$8b2o5bobo8b
o$8b2o6bo7bobo$24b2o3$13b2o$12bo2bo$13b2o4$b2o$obo$2bo18b2o$8b2o10bob
o$4b2obobo10b2o$4bob2obobo$10b2o3b2o3b4o$15b2o4bo2bo$19bo3b2o$19b2o!
"Comma 64":
127:1 B3/S234cUser:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
tommyaweosme wrote: February 22nd, 2025, 4:50 pm
name a rule "Glider 3736" hehehehe
But why would one want to do that?
confocaloid wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:16 pmGlider 3736 is the following orthogonal 2c/5 spaceship (apgcode xq5_359a953). It works in Life-like cellular automata from B35/S23 to B3578/S02368 and in two-state isotropic CA with range-1 Moore neighbourhood from B3aeijr5aikn/S23-ck to B2i34ceijqry56-ac78/S0234-akw5aejk67c8.
x = 4, y = 7, rule = B35/S23
2o$obo$o2bo$bobo$o2bo$obo$2o!
This is a thread for anything related to this spaceship that is not limited to some particular cellular automaton.
CA-specific threads: B35/S236, B35/S23, B35/S238, B357/S23, B357/S238, B3578/S23,
[...][...]
127:1 B3/S234cUser:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
tommyaweosme wrote: February 22nd, 2025, 4:50 pm
name a rule "Glider 3736" hehehehe
But why would one want to do that?
confocaloid wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:16 pmGlider 3736 is the following orthogonal 2c/5 spaceship (apgcode xq5_359a953). It works in Life-like cellular automata from B35/S23 to B3578/S02368 and in two-state isotropic CA with range-1 Moore neighbourhood from B3aeijr5aikn/S23-ck to B2i34ceijqry56-ac78/S0234-akw5aejk67c8.
x = 4, y = 7, rule = B35/S23
2o$obo$o2bo$bobo$o2bo$obo$2o!
This is a thread for anything related to this spaceship that is not limited to some particular cellular automaton.
CA-specific threads: B35/S236, B35/S23, B35/S238, B357/S23, B357/S238, B3578/S23,
[...][...]
to make it so there are 2 oca pages under same name!
tommyaweosme wrote: February 22nd, 2025, 4:50 pm
name a rule "Glider 3736" hehehehe
But why would one want to do that?
confocaloid wrote: December 12th, 2022, 1:16 pmGlider 3736 is the following orthogonal 2c/5 spaceship (apgcode xq5_359a953). It works in Life-like cellular automata from B35/S23 to B3578/S02368 and in two-state isotropic CA with range-1 Moore neighbourhood from B3aeijr5aikn/S23-ck to B2i34ceijqry56-ac78/S0234-akw5aejk67c8.
x = 4, y = 7, rule = B35/S23
2o$obo$o2bo$bobo$o2bo$obo$2o!
This is a thread for anything related to this spaceship that is not limited to some particular cellular automaton.
CA-specific threads: B35/S236, B35/S23, B35/S238, B357/S23, B357/S238, B3578/S23,
[...][...]
to make it so there are 2 oca pages under same name!
Then let us find the B29 conduit too!
~ Haycat Durnak, a hard-working editor
Also, support Conway and Friends story mode!
I mean no harm to those who have tested me. But do not take this for granted.
confocaloid wrote: February 22nd, 2025, 4:53 pm
But why would one want to do that?
to make it so there are 2 oca pages under same name! :twisted:
Then let us find the B29 conduit too!
127:1 B3/S234cUser:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
b-engine wrote: March 4th, 2025, 8:16 am
Scripts: I could create hundreds of interesting rules with 50 elementary spaceships with 30 different slopes :twisted:
unname4798 wrote: March 4th, 2025, 9:41 am
[...] Unname(b) (where b≠0 and b=-b): [...]
Are you by any chance working modulo a positive even integer?
1 ≡ -1 (mod 2)
2 ≡ -2 (mod 4)
17 ≡ -17 (mod 34)
...
127:1 B3/S234cUser:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
orange with block on dock apple with block on dock mango with block on dock lemon with block on dock lime with block on dock grapefruit with block on dock pineapple with block on dock tomato with block on dock
hth3 wrote: March 6th, 2025, 1:34 pm
orange with block on dock apple with block on dock mango with block on dock lemon with block on dock lime with block on dock grapefruit with block on dock pineapple with block on dock tomato with block on dock
Grass with block on dock, blue with block on dock, red with block on dock, green with block on dock, mandarin with block on dock.
I realize that this meme itself comes from a non-CA context; however I believe that it fits here because it does accurately describe a lot of CA searches.
wwei47 wrote: March 17th, 2025, 9:42 pm
I realize that this meme itself comes from a non-CA context; however I believe that it fits here because it does accurately describe a lot of CA searches.
easy.png
I think there are enough exceptions, when something turns out easier to find than expected.
When I ran searches (using gencols + apgsearch stdin) in B357/S238 I didn't initially expect to find anything remarkable. I managed to find a (big, slow, but working) periodic reflector with a transparent block, and enough "pair of c/2o puffer engines" track components to be able to construct a gun.
127:1 B3/S234cUser:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
b-engine wrote: March 30th, 2025, 9:34 am
Parallel universes be like: [...]
Chuma wrote: June 11th, 2012, 9:12 am
I contemplated whether it would be better to use the 8-cell neighbourhood instead, and then let 1 or 2 be activating. It would be easier to make diodes, but some other things seemed to be more difficult. Just now, I looked at WireWorld, and I saw that it was exactly the same. Great minds think a lot, as they say. [...]
Redstoneboi wrote: March 12th, 2019, 6:51 am
[...] Features (It's quite similar to Bliptile. "great minds think a lot, as they say."):
127:1 B3/S234cUser:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.