LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
bean
Posts: 16
Joined: November 15th, 2024, 5:04 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by bean »

ok i will do that. i will also make a new account so that i can join

Code: Select all

2$2b2o2b3o2bo2bo2bo$2bobobo3bobob2obo$2b2o2b2o2b3ob2obo$2bobobo3bobob
ob2o$2bobobo3bobobob2o$2b2o2b3obobobo2bo!
IOI-655321
bean
Posts: 16
Joined: November 15th, 2024, 5:04 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by bean »

um i just rejoined so im hoping it will work now

Code: Select all

2$2b2o2b3o2bo2bo2bo$2bobobo3bobob2obo$2b2o2b2o2b3ob2obo$2bobobo3bobob
ob2o$2bobobo3bobobob2o$2b2o2b3obobobo2bo!
IOI-655321
bean
Posts: 16
Joined: November 15th, 2024, 5:04 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by bean »

hey im sorry that im taking up so much of your time. but im sure i made an account

Code: Select all

2$2b2o2b3o2bo2bo2bo$2bobobo3bobob2obo$2b2o2b2o2b3ob2obo$2bobobo3bobob
ob2o$2bobobo3bobobob2o$2b2o2b3obobobo2bo!
IOI-655321
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12030
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

bean wrote: November 19th, 2024, 5:05 pm hey im sorry that im taking up so much of your time. but im sure i made an account
I set your trusted flag yesterday -- you should be all set.
patowen95
Posts: 5
Joined: December 8th, 2024, 11:22 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by patowen95 »

Hello. I've created an account on LifeWiki with username Patowen95 and would like to be able to make small contributions. (Example: Participating in the "Discussion" page of "Snark" to see if a 49 vs 52 "Number of cells" discrepancy can be resolved.)
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by confocaloid »

patowen95 wrote: December 8th, 2024, 11:33 pm [...] (Example: Participating in the "Discussion" page of "Snark" to see if a 49 vs 52 "Number of cells" discrepancy can be resolved.)
This question is not specific to the page about the Snark, the same issues apply to many other pages. Therefore it is better to ask questions of this kind somewhere else, e.g. on these forums.

Check LifeWiki:Pattern pages which currently says this:

"c (optional) The number of live cells in the pattern.[clarification needed for conduits]"

I take it that that means that there is currently no single well-understood and agreed way of measuring the population of conduits.
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
patowen95
Posts: 5
Joined: December 8th, 2024, 11:22 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by patowen95 »

confocaloid wrote: December 8th, 2024, 11:41 pm This question is not specific to the page about the Snark, the same issues apply to many other pages. Therefore it is better to ask questions of this kind somewhere else, e.g. on these forums.
The specific question I have is related to Snark in particular, but if there's a better place to ask, please let me know. My understanding is that the "heart" of the Snark used to be 34 bits by default, and it later got improved to 31, but the 34 -> 31 transition on that page was incomplete, leaving some inconsistencies. I could try to fix this myself, but I'm a little afraid to.

EDIT: Although you raise a good point that the forum is likely a better place for this question anyway. I went ahead and asked in viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3040&p=199487#p199487
Timelord Missionary
Posts: 267
Joined: May 8th, 2022, 8:20 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Timelord Missionary »

May I please have a trusted flag to edit the wiki? I want to make a user page where I can post random things I might think are interesting about cgol.
Helloshe, I like pentadecathlons and small-period motifs.
I may not be very skilled in search programs, but I have many ideas.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3382
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Sokwe »

Timelord Missionary wrote: December 12th, 2024, 1:58 am May I please have a trusted flag to edit the wiki? I want to make a user page where I can post random things I might think are interesting about cgol.
You don't seem to have an account on the wiki (at least not one that I can find). However, if you just want to post random things you might think are interesting about cgol, you should probably just make a personal thread in the sandbox. As an example, see JP21's Isolated Sandbox Thread.
-Matthias Merzenich
Timelord Missionary
Posts: 267
Joined: May 8th, 2022, 8:20 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Timelord Missionary »

Sokwe wrote: December 12th, 2024, 2:33 am You don't seem to have an account on the wiki (at least not one that I can find). However, if you just want to post random things you might think are interesting about cgol, you should probably just make a personal thread in the sandbox. As an example, see JP21's Isolated Sandbox Thread.
Ah, ok. I will think of my options.
Helloshe, I like pentadecathlons and small-period motifs.
I may not be very skilled in search programs, but I have many ideas.
Soli Deo Gloria!
WhiteHawk
Posts: 1421
Joined: July 10th, 2024, 5:34 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by WhiteHawk »

OCA: Conway++

The external link to the B3/S234c thread ends up linking to Dance (B34/S35) instead of Conway++. I don't know how to fix this, so requesting help here.
Currently working to improve Life's guns and work on updating SKOPs and Isotropic rules most similar to B3/S23 to Life standards. Will get software to begin searches eventually.

Pseudastur albicollis
User avatar
Vlev2
Posts: 33
Joined: November 3rd, 2024, 9:54 pm
Location: in the middle of nowhere

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Vlev2 »

Am I allowed to have Trusted Access?
This is just a request.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i ar haev autsim
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12030
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

Vlev2 wrote: December 20th, 2024, 5:07 pm Am I allowed to have Trusted Access?
This is just a request.
I'm not finding a "Vlev2" account in the LifeWiki user list. The user account there has to be created separately from your forum account.
User avatar
Nikro
Posts: 30
Joined: November 30th, 2024, 4:37 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Nikro »

Hey, looking for edit perms here, specifically interested in some outer-totalistic rules and expanding their documentation (and pattern coverage) [s]totally not because Life is so exhaustively documented and studied that I don't think I'll actually discover anything new in there[/s]

As an example of lackluster coverage for some less well-known OT rules, Diamoeba's page references the "only" known odd period oscillator in that rule, adding in a LifeViewer example of it - although this isn't the only one known. A version with a filled-in center also works as a p35 oscillator, and is in fact 15 times more common (4300 instances vs 282, as per Catagolue) than the empty-centered version in C4_4 soups, the only symmetry where these oscillators have appeared:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 16, rule = B35678/S5678
5bobo$3b10o$3b10o$b14o$b14o$b15o$b14o$b15o$15o$b14o$15o$b14o$b14o$3b10o$3b10o
$8bobo!
The article also has several grammatical errors, such as many awkward/incorrect usages of verb tenses (e.g. "The only known odd period oscillator had been discovered on June 10, 2023"/"There are many oscillators in Diamoeba, although all of the known ones are of even period until 2023") and an instance where the rule name itself is misspelled as "Diamoba."
User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 894
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Gustone »

I forgot my wiki password and the reset email doesn't show up. Help!
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3382
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Sokwe »

Gustone wrote: December 31st, 2024, 2:54 am I forgot my wiki password and the reset email doesn't show up. Help!
I presume you already tried the "Forgot your password?" link. If that didn't work, you could create a new account and presumably a moderator could merge your old account into your new account (I think you would have to use the new account name in that case). Nathaniel might be able to do something more direct, but you might have to ask him in a private message.
-Matthias Merzenich
User avatar
LuveelVoom
Posts: 648
Joined: April 27th, 2022, 7:59 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by LuveelVoom »

Request to have my wiki account “LuveelVoom” receive trusted flag.
User avatar
Vlev2
Posts: 33
Joined: November 3rd, 2024, 9:54 pm
Location: in the middle of nowhere

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Vlev2 »

Sorry for not putting in my username in my request, but here is my LikeWiki Username: Vlavladislav2
Thank you.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i ar haev autsim
PearsandApplesYEAH!
Posts: 1
Joined: January 4th, 2025, 2:01 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by PearsandApplesYEAH! »

Can I be trusted? My username is ApplesandPearsYall
User avatar
PiSpaceships
Posts: 218
Joined: January 17th, 2025, 12:20 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by PiSpaceships »

I, PiSpaceships, request to receive trusted flag.
INACTIVE
User avatar
R2INT
Posts: 822
Joined: July 2nd, 2024, 7:42 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by R2INT »

Can I receive the trusted flag? I want to edit the OCA DOTY 2024 nomination table to add my discovery, and potentially edit my user page. My LifeWiki username is 'R2INT', the same username as my ConwayLife Forums username.
Range-2 INT
R2INT's Rule Collection

Travelling Ts has surpassed LeapLife in post count, but not yet in technology.
User avatar
hth3
Posts: 362
Joined: February 15th, 2025, 10:04 am
Location: The Sun

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by hth3 »

Can I get trusted? I am HerscheltheHerschel and I forgot both the password and email to both of my accounts and I also decided to return a bit. My life wiki account name is Hth3.
Last edited by hth3 on February 16th, 2025, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can't trust someone who misspells typset as typeset.
Contribute to CheckerLife!
Oppose KOSA now, save the internet!
The Sandboxer Sandbox (Discord server)
RIP Unname New Web
starry
Posts: 2
Joined: February 14th, 2024, 9:35 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by starry »

I request to receive the trusted flag as I am currently working on programatically generating game of life patterns. username: haccerman
Early is on time, on time is late
Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 3382
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Sokwe »

starry wrote: February 16th, 2025, 2:20 am I request to receive the trusted flag as I am currently working on programatically generating game of life patterns.
The better place to post patterns is here on the forums. Generally, you should not add your own patterns directly to the wiki, as stated in the LifeWiki notability guidelines:
To prevent overenthusiastic edits and conflicts of interest, a commonly accepted rule is that the discoverer of a pattern, inventor of new terminology, writer of a program, etc., etc., should not be the one to document that pattern, term, or program on the LifeWiki.
I have set your account to "trusted". Please keep the above guideline in mind when editing the wiki.
-Matthias Merzenich
User avatar
TheWayOfTheCon
Posts: 316
Joined: March 28th, 2025, 11:40 pm
Location: Kraken Mare, Titan

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by TheWayOfTheCon »

I request to be trusted as I want to add info on patterns in different rulesets and improve pages on patterns in general.
I could've chose a better username, but oh well.

Still learning the ropes of cellular automata, focused on one OCA at a time. My current interest is B35/S126 and range-two LTLs.
Post Reply