LifeWiki @RULE names

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
Post Reply
User avatar
rowett
Moderator
Posts: 4588
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

LifeWiki @RULE names

Post by rowett »

Golly recommends that @RULE names:
  • Begin with a capital letter
  • Only use letters and digits
  • Can use hyphens or underscores for separators
I'd like to make LifeViewer enforce these recommendations in the future.

As of today the following rules are not compatible with these recommendations:

Code: Select all

1x(vN).rule
2.5life.rule
3.5table3beacon.rule
3n+1.rule
B+Univ.rule
B1.;1;0.;8.;3;3.;2;4_B2.;2a;0.5e;1e;2i.6a;1.6i;1c_1T2.;0;2e_S1.;4i;0_S2.;0;2,3.rule
B1.;1;0.;8_B2.;2a;0.5e;1e;2i.6a;1.6i;1c.;0;3_1T2.;0;2e_S1.;4i;0_S2.;0;2,3.rule
B1.;2;0,1,2,7,8_S1.;6,7,8-;;1,6,7,8_1T2.-;;1,6,7,8_S2.-;0,1,2,3,4,6,7.rule
B1.;2;0,1,2,7,8_S1.;6,7,8-;;1,6,7,8_1T2.-;;1,6,7,8_S2.-;0,1,2,3,4.rule
B1.;2;1.;3.;0;4,5,6.;1;3a,3i_B2.;1;1.;1;0.;4i;0.;;3i,4a,5i_2T1.;;3i_S1.;3;0_S2.;1e.;0;2,3,5i.;;2i.rule
B1.;7;0.;5;1.;0,4;2.;2;3.;3;5_B2.;1,2;1.;3;2.;4;3.;1,3;4.;1;5_1T2.;3,5;0.;0,1,3,6;1.;0;3,7_2T1.;0,7,.rule
B23S+BS23.rule
B2o45.S2o45.rule
BA;1;0.;8;BB;2a;0.3e;1e;2i.2a;1;.2i;1;.3i;1c;BTAATB;0;2eSA;4i;0.;4e;0SB.rule
Codd+.rule
ExtendedLife^2.rule
FireWorld+.rule
FireWorld+old.rule
FireWorld7+.rule
Fireworld++.rule
Immigration+.rule
Lbs4c..rule
Life+HighLife.rule
NORworld2+.rule
OPWorld+.rule
RainbowASOv0.0.rule
RainbowASOv0.1.rule
RainbowASOv0.3.rule
RainbowASOv0.4.rule
RainbowASOv0.5.rule
RainbowASOv0.6.rule
RainbowASOv1.0.rule
RainbowASOv1.1.rule
RainbowASOv1.3.rule
RainbowASOv2.01_0.1i.rule
RainbowASOv2.02.rule
RainbowASOv2.03.rule
RainbowASOv2.04.rule
RainbowASOv2.05.rule
RainbowASOv3.0.rule
RainbowASOv3.1.rule
Rake^3.rule
TemoraryFreeze2.1.rule
TemoraryFreeze2.11.rule
Wire+.rule
Wire123H+holders.rule
Wire12H+holders.rule
Wire1H+holders.rule
Wireworld++.rule
User avatar
islptng
Posts: 495
Joined: May 24th, 2024, 6:17 am
Location: 种花家

Re: LifeWiki @RULE names

Post by islptng »

Oh, It seems like I have forgotten my rule, NORworld2+.
Moved.
And capital letters shouldn't matter.
I suggest dots to be replaced with hyphen, while I was planning a project, hacking Golly to make it support some rule like B3/S23|B38/S238 and Rychládrát. In my hacking project, the dots are used in some special cases.
My sandbox | All my engineered replicators | BsKngt | TNT
Asperger, ISTP, using a Dvorak keyboard.

I love my new school life.
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: LifeWiki @RULE names

Post by confocaloid »

In addition to what is stated directly in Golly recommendations, I think it is better to make sure that the @RULE name ends with either a letter or a digit, and also to avoid the following substrings consisting of >=2 consecutive hyphens/underscores. (Probably these are already implied, since the recommended use for hyphens and underscores is to serve as separators.)

Code: Select all

--
-_
_-
__
Post Reply