My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Post Reply
User avatar
unname4798
Posts: 2551
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
Location: Near ConwayLife servers

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by unname4798 »

CARuler and rutabaga, you violated rule 1! (no TREE(x))
New round:
12
User avatar
rutabaga
Posts: 676
Joined: January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by rutabaga »

Ignoring unname's post (I explained why it was okay to post TREE there) I say:

f_{TREE(w)}(8974)

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
unadjustable p24150
User avatar
get_Snacked
Posts: 542
Joined: August 20th, 2022, 10:51 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by get_Snacked »

rutabaga wrote: September 9th, 2024, 9:04 pm Fine. I'm sorry, but it has to be done: TREE(3).

Ideas to progress: You can make some recursive version of TREE(n), you can whip out another function like SSCG or BB (not RAYO quite yet, please), or you could shove TREE(n) into some sort of thing involving FGH.

Please don't start another round just because I mentioned TREE. I just wanted to change things up a bit because right now it's just a battle of FGH and pure confusion. TREE is not remotely close to unbeatable, it's just unoriginal-- and so is the FGH.
i forgor what TREE's growth rate is :skull: i think it's something like e0
also, don't use BB. the busy beaver function is uncomputable.
and lastly, thank you for not starting a new round. i think this is the longest-lasting round so far, no? (as in most turns)
EDIT: the TREE function's growth rate is approximately θ(Ω^ω*ω,0), which, correct me if i'm wrong, is f_{ψ(Ω^(Ω^ω*ω))}(n).
unname4798 wrote: September 10th, 2024, 1:23 am CARuler and rutabaga, you violated rule 1! (no TREE(x))
New round:
12
erm actually rule 1 says "tree(x)" which is a completely different function from "TREE(x)"
User avatar
ababa11e
Posts: 197
Joined: May 9th, 2024, 11:14 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by ababa11e »

rutabaga wrote: September 10th, 2024, 8:08 am Ignoring unname's post (I explained why it was okay to post TREE there) I say:

f_{TREE(w)}(8974)
New round. I SPECIFFICALLY said no tree.
CRAZY(n) = f_{ψ(Ω^^n)}(n)
CRAZY(3) >> TREE(3) >> CRAZY(2)

CRAZY(CRAZY(CRAZY...CRAZY(n)...))) iteterated is CRAZY^2[n]
CRAZY^k(n) = CRAZY^k-1(CRAZY^k-1(CRAZY^k-1(...CRAZY^k-1(n)))) iterated n times.

My number is CRAZY^10^100(10^100)
ababa11e: creating rules one golf at a time.

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 9, rule = B3-jr4jn6c/S234i5r
6bo$6bo$8bo$8b3o$10bo$7bo2bo$7b3o!
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by confocaloid »

ababa11e wrote: September 10th, 2024, 11:03 am
rutabaga wrote: September 10th, 2024, 8:08 am Ignoring unname's post (I explained why it was okay to post TREE there) I say:

f_{TREE(w)}(8974)
New round. I SPECIFFICALLY said no tree.
CRAZY(n) = f_{ψ(Ω^^n)}(n)
[...]
My number is LOOK(HOW(CLEVER(I(AM(18))))), where
  • LOOK(n) = n!
  • HOW(n) = n^^n
  • CLEVER(n) = floor((CRAZY^10^n(10^n))^2 + pi^(AM(n))^2)
  • I(n) = f_{TREE(w)}(n)
  • AM(n) is the number of subsets of {1..n} (counting the empty set) such that all sums of pairs of distinct elements are pairwise distinct
Gamedziner wrote: October 8th, 2018, 3:40 pm [...]
With all due respect, that title only seems to apply to certain parts of the sandbox, not the forum as a whole.
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
User avatar
rutabaga
Posts: 676
Joined: January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by rutabaga »

My number is YES(YOU(ARE(VERY(CLEVER(18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))) where:

YES(n) = f{dunno_(LVO)+1}(n)
the ordinal dunno_n = the least fixed point that is a solution to dunno_n = LOOK(HOW(CLEVER(I(AM(LOOK(HOW(CLEVER(I(AM(...dunno_(n-1) times...(dunno_n)...)))))))))), where dunno_0 = w
LVO is the Large Veblen Ordinal
YOU(n) = f{number of w-glider collisions}(n)
ARE(n) = 4n^7 - 9n + 8
VERY(n) = BB_LVO(n); Rayo describes Oracle Turing Machines here: https://web.mit.edu/arayo/www/brink-duel.pdf
CLEVER(n) has already been defined as floor((CRAZY^10^n(10^n))^2 + pi^(AM(n))^2).

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
unadjustable p24150
User avatar
unname4798
Posts: 2551
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
Location: Near ConwayLife servers

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by unname4798 »

The rules say "No tree(x)".
User avatar
CARuler
Posts: 1351
Joined: July 30th, 2024, 5:38 pm
Location: A rule-verse in floor rule-verse of the CGOL skyscraper

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by CARuler »

unname4798 wrote: September 11th, 2024, 5:08 am The rules say "No tree(x)".
TREE_(TREE(3))(TREE(3))
likes interesting rules
vist my rules here
also likes weird growth patterns in CA
hyperbolic CA!!!
ADHD user
mostly inactive
User avatar
rutabaga
Posts: 676
Joined: January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by rutabaga »

unname4798 wrote: September 11th, 2024, 5:08 am The rules say "No tree(x)".
If every instance of the TREE function and BB function in my number were replaced with the successor function, it would still be larger than the previous number. Also, you've said this multiple times now; we hear you.
CARuler wrote: August 3rd, 2059, 3:15 pm TREE_(TREE(3))(TREE(3))
That's much smaller, but at least you're proving a point. Thank you :)

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
unadjustable p24150
User avatar
get_Snacked
Posts: 542
Joined: August 20th, 2022, 10:51 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by get_Snacked »

confocaloid wrote: September 10th, 2024, 11:56 am
  • AM(n) is the number of subsets of {1..n} (counting the empty set) such that all sums of pairs of distinct elements are pairwise distinct
is AM computable? just wanting to make sure, but even then, the owner of the game says "no TREE(x)".
ababa11e wrote: September 10th, 2024, 11:03 am New round. I SPECIFFICALLY said no tree.
CRAZY(n) = f_{ψ(Ω^^n)}(n)
CRAZY(3) >> TREE(3) >> CRAZY(2)

CRAZY(CRAZY(CRAZY...CRAZY(n)...))) iteterated is CRAZY^2[n]
CRAZY^k(n) = CRAZY^k-1(CRAZY^k-1(CRAZY^k-1(...CRAZY^k-1(n)))) iterated n times.

My number is CRAZY^10^100(10^100)
which is exactly f_{ψ(Ω_2)+10^100-1}(10^100).
in that case, I'll use the Buchholz Hydra:
+(0(2))(0(2)){3}, where the rules of +(...){n} are:
if +(...) is a limit ordinal, expand to +(...)[n]{n}
else, add 1 to n
this is H_{ψ(Ω_2)*2}(3) where H is the Hardy hierarchy, which is f_{ψ(Ω_2)*2}(3) as well because the Hardy hierarchy catches up at ψ(Ω).
EDIT: @rutabaga, we still are technically going on the same game because ababa11e's first number in the new round is bigger than the last one.
User avatar
eRroR_6o6
Posts: 385
Joined: August 15th, 2023, 1:24 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by eRroR_6o6 »

this thread seems to be slowly devolving into insanity

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 37, rule = B3/S23
13b3o$12b4o$11b2obobo$13bobo$15bo12$10b2o$bobo7bobo$o7b2o3b2o$o3bo2b3o
3bo$o6b4obo$o2bo7bo$3o12bobo$18bo$14bo3bo$14bo3bo$18bo$9bo5bo2bo$8b3o
5b3o2$10bo$2bobo4b2o$5bo2b3o$5bo2b3o$2bo2bo2b2obo$3b3o3b3o$10bo!
User avatar
rutabaga
Posts: 676
Joined: January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by rutabaga »

No, this is EVOLVING into beautiful mayhem.

I'll use my previous number, which would be larger, but since it seems that it has been ignored, I'll replace every instance of any "invalid functions" (like BB and TREE) with the successor function. [Edit: AM is apparently computable so I won't remove that lol]

If this is unacceptable or if it's somehow smaller, let me know and I'll see if I can come up with something else.
rutabaga wrote: September 10th, 2024, 5:34 pm My number is YES(YOU(ARE(VERY(CLEVER(18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))) where:

YES(n) = f{dunno_(LVO)+1}(n)
the ordinal dunno_n = the least fixed point that is a solution to dunno_n = LOOK(HOW(CLEVER(I(AM(LOOK(HOW(CLEVER(I(AM(...dunno_(n-1) times...(dunno_n)...)))))))))), where dunno_0 = w
LVO is the Large Veblen Ordinal
YOU(n) = f{number of w-glider collisions}(n)
ARE(n) = 4n^7 - 9n + 8
VERY(n) = BB_LVO(n); Rayo describes Oracle Turing Machines here: https://web.mit.edu/arayo/www/brink-duel.pdf
CLEVER(n) has already been defined as floor((CRAZY^10^n(10^n))^2 + pi^(AM(n))^2).
Last edited by rutabaga on September 11th, 2024, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
unadjustable p24150
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by confocaloid »

get_Snacked wrote: September 11th, 2024, 9:18 am
confocaloid wrote: September 10th, 2024, 11:56 am
  • AM(n) is the number of subsets of {1..n} (counting the empty set) such that all sums of pairs of distinct elements are pairwise distinct
is AM computable? just wanting to make sure, [...]
https://oeis.org/A196723
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
User avatar
get_Snacked
Posts: 542
Joined: August 20th, 2022, 10:51 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by get_Snacked »

rutabaga wrote: September 11th, 2024, 10:47 am
rutabaga wrote: September 10th, 2024, 5:34 pm YOU(n) = f{number of w-glider collisions}(n)
isn't this undefined?
rutabaga wrote: September 11th, 2024, 10:47 am
rutabaga wrote: September 10th, 2024, 5:34 pm VERY(n) = BB_LVO(n); Rayo describes Oracle Turing Machines here: https://web.mit.edu/arayo/www/brink-duel.pdf
also, isn't BB_m(n) uncomputable?
EDIT: oh, i see. BB is replaced with the successor function. in that case, that's still undefined--what is "S_LVO(n)"?
User avatar
eRroR_6o6
Posts: 385
Joined: August 15th, 2023, 1:24 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by eRroR_6o6 »

get_Snacked wrote: September 11th, 2024, 1:34 pm
rutabaga wrote: September 11th, 2024, 10:47 am
rutabaga wrote: September 10th, 2024, 5:34 pm YOU(n) = f{number of w-glider collisions}(n)
isn't this undefined?
I think it can be defined as an ordinal.

also, I suggest a small change: for a number to be accepted, you need to prove that it is larger than the previous.

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 37, rule = B3/S23
13b3o$12b4o$11b2obobo$13bobo$15bo12$10b2o$bobo7bobo$o7b2o3b2o$o3bo2b3o
3bo$o6b4obo$o2bo7bo$3o12bobo$18bo$14bo3bo$14bo3bo$18bo$9bo5bo2bo$8b3o
5b3o2$10bo$2bobo4b2o$5bo2b3o$5bo2b3o$2bo2bo2b2obo$3b3o3b3o$10bo!
User avatar
CARuler
Posts: 1351
Joined: July 30th, 2024, 5:38 pm
Location: A rule-verse in floor rule-verse of the CGOL skyscraper

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by CARuler »

TREE(w^^^^^w)
likes interesting rules
vist my rules here
also likes weird growth patterns in CA
hyperbolic CA!!!
ADHD user
mostly inactive
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by confocaloid »

eRroR_6o6 wrote: September 11th, 2024, 1:58 pm [...] also, I suggest a small change: for a number to be accepted, you need to prove that it is larger than the previous.
If someone is not willing to make efforts contributing something nontrivial and interesting, not willing to search and read about and understand what is already known / what already exists, and so on, then they are unlikely to care about proving to someone else that some not entirely well defined number is larger than another not entirely well defined number.
eRroR_6o6 wrote: September 11th, 2024, 10:13 am this thread seems to be slowly devolving into insanity
rutabaga wrote: September 11th, 2024, 10:47 am No, this is EVOLVING into beautiful mayhem. [...]
I think this thread is devolving from a non-CA-related chatty thread into a non-CA-related chatty thread with increased likelihood of further violations of several different forum rules.
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
User avatar
eRroR_6o6
Posts: 385
Joined: August 15th, 2023, 1:24 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by eRroR_6o6 »

CARuler wrote: September 11th, 2024, 2:59 pmTREE(w^^^^^w)
aint w infinite therefore tree w^^^^^w is infinite

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 37, rule = B3/S23
13b3o$12b4o$11b2obobo$13bobo$15bo12$10b2o$bobo7bobo$o7b2o3b2o$o3bo2b3o
3bo$o6b4obo$o2bo7bo$3o12bobo$18bo$14bo3bo$14bo3bo$18bo$9bo5bo2bo$8b3o
5b3o2$10bo$2bobo4b2o$5bo2b3o$5bo2b3o$2bo2bo2b2obo$3b3o3b3o$10bo!
User avatar
CARuler
Posts: 1351
Joined: July 30th, 2024, 5:38 pm
Location: A rule-verse in floor rule-verse of the CGOL skyscraper

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by CARuler »

eRroR_6o6 wrote: September 11th, 2024, 5:27 pm
CARuler wrote: September 11th, 2024, 2:59 pmTREE(w^^^^^w)
aint w infinite therefore tree w^^^^^w is infinite
Yes
likes interesting rules
vist my rules here
also likes weird growth patterns in CA
hyperbolic CA!!!
ADHD user
mostly inactive
User avatar
eRroR_6o6
Posts: 385
Joined: August 15th, 2023, 1:24 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by eRroR_6o6 »

you can't just have an ordinal in here (unless it's fgh) ordinals aren't really numbers

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 37, rule = B3/S23
13b3o$12b4o$11b2obobo$13bobo$15bo12$10b2o$bobo7bobo$o7b2o3b2o$o3bo2b3o
3bo$o6b4obo$o2bo7bo$3o12bobo$18bo$14bo3bo$14bo3bo$18bo$9bo5bo2bo$8b3o
5b3o2$10bo$2bobo4b2o$5bo2b3o$5bo2b3o$2bo2bo2b2obo$3b3o3b3o$10bo!
User avatar
rutabaga
Posts: 676
Joined: January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by rutabaga »

As long as I'm already breaking every single rule, I'll go with RAYO(FOOT(TREE(BB_dunno_LVO(SSCG(f{dunno_dunno_LVO}(LOOK(HOW(CLEVER(I(AM(YES(YOU(ARE(VERY(CLEVER(Utter Oblivion^^^^^^Meamealokkapoowa Oompa + CRAZY(G(Croutonillion!!!!!!!))))))))))))))))))

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
unadjustable p24150
User avatar
CARuler
Posts: 1351
Joined: July 30th, 2024, 5:38 pm
Location: A rule-verse in floor rule-verse of the CGOL skyscraper

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by CARuler »

rutabaga wrote: September 11th, 2024, 8:02 pm As long as I'm already breaking every single rule, I'll go with RAYO(FOOT(TREE(BB_dunno_LVO(SSCG(f{dunno_dunno_LVO}(LOOK(HOW(CLEVER(I(AM(YES(YOU(ARE(VERY(CLEVER(Utter Oblivion^^^^^^Meamealokkapoowa Oompa + CRAZY(G(Croutonillion!!!!!!!))))))))))))))))))
Ordenials?
likes interesting rules
vist my rules here
also likes weird growth patterns in CA
hyperbolic CA!!!
ADHD user
mostly inactive
User avatar
unname4798
Posts: 2551
Joined: July 15th, 2023, 10:27 am
Location: Near ConwayLife servers

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by unname4798 »

Restart!
37
User avatar
rutabaga
Posts: 676
Joined: January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by rutabaga »

10^37

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
unadjustable p24150
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: My Number is WAYYY larger [game]

Post by confocaloid »

rutabaga wrote: September 12th, 2024, 6:12 am10^37
702^13
Post Reply