Hi, I've returned after some time!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Post Reply
User avatar
State Investigator
Posts: 7
Joined: August 13th, 2022, 5:31 pm

Hi, I've returned after some time!

Post by State Investigator »

Never mind, found how to copy it... I'm still back though!

[Edited because of important realization]

Anyways, how is everyone?
You know, sometimes you just find a rule and create a blank canvas later. Again. Oh, and again...
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4630
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: Hi, I've returned after some time!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

State Investigator wrote: July 14th, 2024, 4:03 pm Anyways, how is everyone?
Omniperiodocity was proved.
113 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
Drelectron8
Posts: 154
Joined: March 5th, 2023, 4:54 am

Re: Hi, I've returned after some time!

Post by Drelectron8 »

State Investigator wrote: July 14th, 2024, 4:03 pm Never mind, found how to copy it... I'm still back though!

[Edited because of important realization]

Anyways, how is everyone?
Welcome back to the community, I hope you have a good time after taking a break!

[EDIT: Sorry, the edit before this didn't seem very welcoming]
people, places :!:
User avatar
State Investigator
Posts: 7
Joined: August 13th, 2022, 5:31 pm

Re: Hi, I've returned after some time!

Post by State Investigator »

Cool, that's nice.
Something I really like in CAs in general is unusual neighborhoods.
While I myself can't experiment much with them due to the requirements (i.e, my laptop can't handle Visions of Chaos being the main one since 3-D are some of my faves) they're still fun to see. For example, MNCA (Multiple Neighborhood Cellular Automata) stuff! (Good examples being the ones on Softology's YT)
A favorite pair of mine is Life on the Edge and Life on the Slope.
The first one especially, as many symmetrical patterns move into chaos, and some spaceships seem to only exist in one direction.
(Yes, I did just reply with basically an informal paragraph, because why would I not :lol: )
You know, sometimes you just find a rule and create a blank canvas later. Again. Oh, and again...
Post Reply