Golly 1.3 for iPad
Re: Golly 1.3 for iPad
Am I the only one frequently encountering "Memory warning occurred, so empty universe created" on iOS? Nowhere near storage capacity so I'm suspecting a leak somewhere. This is particularly common when exiting out of it without closing and then reentering later.
Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.
Re: Golly 1.3 for iPad
Attempting to download zips from the forums now causes everything to crash after this message.


Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.
Re: Golly 1.3 for iPad
Links inside help pages, even if internal, do not appear to work at all.
Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.
-
joshuarbholden
- Posts: 6
- Joined: July 7th, 2024, 3:00 pm
Re: Golly 1.3 for iPad
Ditto for rule files! I'd like to be able to edit them directly on my iPad instead of having to transfer them on and off using iTunes.
Re: Golly 1.3 for iPad
Can still confirm all of this on 17.5.1. I should also point out that the bottom bar partially occludes the ones directly above it: Also, here's how pattern saving looks, for reference (notice the top of the box): Not sure if mentioned in this thread yet, but the copyright notice says 2017 even though the last update was in 2020.muzik wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:44 am Since the iPad model and operating system I use have changed since my first post in this thread (now a 4th-gen iPad Air running 16.3.1) I've decided to run through all of the issues I've reported here before. I have the following results:
- READ and EDIT links for patterns and rules still bring up a pure-white screen
- Weighted rulestrings with massive neighbourhoods (for example R500,C0,S,B,NG) still trigger a crash
- Exiting the app and re-entering it sometimes still results in text being enlarged (the main difference here is that the Home button no longer exists on this model)
- The white line above the grid still exists, and it still moves to the bottom of the grid in a much larger form when entering and exiting Full Screen
- Pasting patterns into bounded grids too small for them is still rejected even if "partially within grid". Golly only appears to check if the top-left corner is inside of the bounded grid.
So all of those issues still remain, as well as the fact that saved patterns aren't ordered alphabetically and AutoCorrect interferes with the rule text box, which may also be issues.
Since the aspect ratio of this specific model is weird, I've also noticed a new thing that may or may not have been there before: the "Save Pattern" box's top bar doesn't extend the whole way across it.
Parity Replicator Collection v1.6 is now live - please send all relevant discoveries here.