(Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
rutabaga
Posts: 676
Joined: January 12th, 2023, 8:18 pm

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by rutabaga »

b-engine wrote: November 17th, 2023, 5:07 am I found something weird when messing with ties:

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
3bo$2bobo$bob2o$obo2b2o$b2o2bobo$3b2obo$3bobo$4bo!
Another p2 repeater?

EDIT:
Adding 2 cells in 4 steaks give us a p2:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
4b2o$3bo2bo$3bobo$b2obo3bo$o2b2o2bobo$obo2b2o2bo$bo3bob2o$4bobo$3bo2b
o$4b2o!
Maybe calling it frying pan?
yeah, frying pan is good for the steak one, how about closet for the one with ties?

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
unadjustable p24150
User avatar
b-engine
Posts: 3762
Joined: October 26th, 2023, 4:11 am
Location: Somewhere on where Earth At
Contact:

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by b-engine »

rutabaga wrote: November 17th, 2023, 1:11 pm yeah, frying pan is good for the steak one, how about closet for the one with ties?
I think ribbons is better, because it's four ties.
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

I coin this object the halfcar, It seems to act like the car, but it moves less and puffs out less smoke.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 5, rule = LifeHistory
C$2C$.2C$.C$C!
Here's a list of currently recognized inputs to transformers (feel free to add more):

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 47, rule = LifeHistory
4D$D$D6.C$4D3.C.C$D6.3C$D8.C$D4$D2.D$D2.D3.C$D2.D3.2C$4D4.2C$D2.D4.C$
D2.D3.C$D2.D4$4D$D$D6.2C$D7.2C$D7.C$D$4D4$4D$D2.D$D2.D3.3C$4D3.C.C$D
6.C.C$D$D4$4D$D2.D$D2.D4.C$4D5.C$D2.D3.3C$D2.D$D2.D!
In order they are the Four, Halfcar, Car, Pi, and Ant. I will be maintaining a collection of transformers gathered from our efforts. The format is follows:
Each transformer will have white cells for the input, red for the output, green for normal perturbers, and yellow for pheonix perturbers.

Current version (All the transformers I've found with my new program are in there):

Code: Select all

x = 2150, y = 574, rule = LifeHistory
15D28.15D392.3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D392.15D28.15D392.15D28.15D$15D
28.15D392.3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D392.15D28.15D392.15D28.15D$15D28.
15D392.3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D392.15D28.15D392.15D28.15D$3D40.3D
404.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D$3D40.3D404.
3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D$3D40.3D404.3D9.
3D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D$3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.
3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D$
3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D
404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D$3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D
404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D$3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.
3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D$3D29.3D8.3D
404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D
8.3D$3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D
404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D$15D5.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D392.3D17.18D5.15D
392.15D5.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D$15D5.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D392.
3D17.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D$15D5.18D5.15D392.15D
5.18D5.15D392.3D17.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D$3D29.3D
8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D
8.3D$3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.
3D9.3D17.3D8.3D$3D29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D404.3D
29.3D8.3D404.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D$3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D
26.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D$3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D
14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D$3D26.
3D11.3D404.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D404.3D9.3D
14.3D11.3D$3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.
3D$3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D$3D40.
3D404.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D$3D40.3D404.3D
9.3D28.3D404.15D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D$3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.
3D404.15D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D$3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D404.
15D28.3D404.3D40.3D404.3D9.3D28.3D11$350D100.350D100.350D100.350D100.
350D$350D100.350D100.350D100.350D100.350D$350D100.350D100.350D100.
350D100.350D$350D100.350D100.350D100.350D100.350D$350D100.350D100.
350D100.350D100.350D14$4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D16.4D.D2.D.4D.4D3.2D16.D.D.4D.
4D.4D3.2D17.D.D.4D.4D.4D3.2D37.D.D.4D.4D.4D3.2D27.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D26.D
.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D144.4D.4D.D2.D.4D3.2D426.D2.D.4D.4D.4D3.2D426.4D.D.4D
.4D3.2D429.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D26.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D16.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D26.4D.
4D.4D.4D3.2D36.4D.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D$D4.D2.D.D4.D7.D16.D4.D2.D.D4.D7.D
16.D.D4.D.D4.D7.D17.D.D4.D.D4.D7.D37.D.D.D4.D4.D7.D30.D4.D.D4.D7.D26.
D.D4.D4.D4.D7.D144.D4.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D426.D2.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D426.D2.D.D.D
2.D.D7.D432.D.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D26.D7.D.D2.D.D7.D16.D7.D.D2.D.D7.D26.D4.D
2.D.D2.D.D7.D39.D4.D.D4.D2.D.D7.D$D4.D2.D.D4.D7.D16.D4.D2.D.D4.D7.D
16.D.D4.D.D4.D7.D17.D.D4.D.D4.D7.D37.D.D.D4.D4.D7.D30.D4.D.D4.D7.D26.
D.D4.D4.D4.D7.D144.D4.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D426.D2.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D426.D2.D.D.D
2.D.D7.D432.D.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D26.D7.D.D2.D.D7.D16.D7.D.D2.D.D7.D26.D4.D
2.D.D2.D.D7.D39.D4.D.D4.D2.D.D7.D$4D.D2.D.4D.4D4.D16.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D
16.D.D.4D.4D.4D4.D17.D.D4.D.4D.4D4.D37.D.D.4D.4D.4D4.D30.D4.D.4D.4D4.
D26.D.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D144.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D426.4D.4D.D4.4D4.D426.4D.D.4D.
4D4.D429.4D.D2.D.4D.4D4.D26.4D4.D.4D.4D4.D16.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D26.4D.4D.
4D.4D4.D36.4D.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D$D2.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D16.D2.D4.D.D4.D7.D16.D.
D.D4.D4.D7.D17.D.D4.D.D4.D7.D37.D.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D30.D4.D.D4.D7.D26.D4.
D.D2.D.D4.D7.D147.D4.D.D2.D.D7.D429.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D426.D2.D.D.D4.D7.D
432.D.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D29.D4.D.D2.D.D7.D19.D.D4.D2.D.D7.D26.D2.D4.D.D2.D
.D7.D36.D4.D7.D.D2.D.D7.D$D2.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D16.D2.D4.D.D4.D7.D16.D.D.D
4.D4.D7.D17.D.D4.D.D4.D7.D37.D.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D30.D4.D.D4.D7.D26.D4.D.D
2.D.D4.D7.D147.D4.D.D2.D.D7.D429.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D426.D2.D.D.D4.D7.D432.
D.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D29.D4.D.D2.D.D7.D19.D.D4.D2.D.D7.D26.D2.D4.D.D2.D.D7.
D36.D4.D7.D.D2.D.D7.D$4D.4D.D4.D4.D.3D15.4D4.D.D4.D4.D.3D15.D.D.4D.D
4.D4.D.3D16.D.D4.D.D4.D4.D.3D36.D.D.4D.D4.D4.D.3D29.D4.D.D4.D4.D.3D
25.D.4D.4D.D4.D4.D.3D143.4D.4D.D2.D.D4.D.3D428.D.4D.4D.D4.D.3D425.4D.
D.D4.D4.D.3D428.4D.4D.D2.D.D4.D.3D25.4D4.D.D2.D.D4.D.3D15.4D.4D.D2.D.
D4.D.3D25.4D.4D.D2.D.D4.D.3D35.4D.4D.4D.D2.D.D4.D.3D6$145.A42.A41.A$D
11.2E5.2A28.2A43.3D46.3A42.3A39.3A65.3D153.A451.C18.D431.2A451.C9.C
32.A38.2A47.C112.3D$3D9.2E5.2A28.2A5.2A37.D34.A11.A48.A41.A65.D152.3A
451.2C17.D.D430.A6.2A443.C.C5.2C31.3A39.A48.C112.D$D.D53.2A35.3D34.3A
9.2A46.2A40.2A11.2E11.D38.3D151.A453.2C18.3D430.A.A4.2A443.2C7.2C29.A
41.A47.3C110.3D$2.D12.2E116.A111.2E9.3D192.2A474.D431.2A489.2A40.2A2.
2A$15.2E103.2A10.2A122.D.D1096.A539.A.A52.A9.A$54.2E65.A134.D644.2E
452.3A463.D68.4A.A54.3A5.3A$54.2E65.A.A776.E2.E454.A462.D.D37.C28.A2.
A.2A56.A3.A$60.2A60.2A776.E.E454.2A444.A.2A3.2E9.3D36.C91.2A3.2A$60.
2A83.2E15.D738.E478.D420.3A.2A3.2E11.D36.3C50.D$6.C138.2E15.D.D66.C
218.C3.2E15.D452.2A454.D.D417.A52.2E15.D42.D.D39.A$6.C.C153.3D66.C.C
216.2C2.2E15.D.D446.A3.2A443.2E9.3D418.3A.2A46.2E15.D.D24.2C3.2E9.3D
38.A.A$6.3C155.D66.3C217.2C18.3D445.A.A447.2E11.D420.A.A64.3D25.2C2.
2E11.D38.A.A$8.C31.C192.C217.C21.D444.A.A882.A.A66.D24.C57.A$40.C.C
137.C269.C467.A885.A172.D$40.3C79.C57.C.C29.D704.2A931.2C125.D.D$42.C
79.C.C55.3C29.D.D1636.2C113.2E9.3D$122.3C57.C29.3D1143.3C489.C115.2E
11.D$124.C11.2A76.D1145.C593.2E$93.2E41.A109.2A49.2E1059.3C592.E2.E
96.2E$84.2A7.2E42.3A106.A.A39.2A7.2E1649.2A4.2E6.3C79.2A7.2E$85.A53.A
108.A40.A1609.3C45.A.A12.C82.A$85.A.A160.2A39.A.A1607.C47.A15.C81.A.A
$52.3D25.2A4.2A117.2A83.2A1608.C45.2A98.2A$52.D28.A20.2A95.2A5.A99.2A
1648.2A104.2A$51.3D27.A.A18.A96.A.A.3A100.A1649.A105.A$82.2A16.A.A89.
2A7.A.A100.A.A1650.3A100.A.A$100.2A90.2A7.2A101.2A1653.A100.2A$2001.C
$289.A1712.C42.A$289.3A1708.3C42.3A$280.A11.A1743.A11.A$280.3A8.2A14.
A1044.2A656.A9.A15.3A8.2A14.A$82.C200.A22.A.A1042.A.A656.3A5.3A18.A
22.A.A$82.C.C197.2A23.A1043.A12.2A647.A3.A20.2A23.A$82.3C1265.2A12.2A
646.2A3.2A$84.C1983.A$2066.3A$94.2A1969.A$94.2A2.2A1965.2A$98.A.A$
100.A180.C$100.2A179.C.C1789.2A$281.3C1742.2E46.A$283.C11.2A1729.2E
23.2A21.A.2A$295.A1718.2E35.A14.2E4.3A2.A$296.3A1714.E2.E35.3A11.2E3.
A3.2A$298.A1709.2A4.2E38.A16.4A$2007.A.A47.2A15.A$2007.A48.A.A12.3A$
2006.2A48.A13.A$2016.2A37.2A14.5A$2016.A58.A$2017.3A53.A$2019.A53.2A
5$2043.A$2043.3A$2046.A$2045.2A6$D.D.4D.4D.4D3.2D27.D.4D.D.4D.4D3.2D
27.D.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D$D.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D27.D4.D.D.D4.D7.D27.D.D4.D4.D4.D
7.D1929.2A$D.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D27.D4.D.D.D4.D7.D27.D.D4.D4.D4.D7.D1922.2E
5.A.A$D.D.4D.4D.4D4.D27.D4.D.D.4D.4D4.D27.D.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D1922.2E7.A$
D.D4.D.D4.D7.D27.D4.D.D.D4.D7.D27.D.D2.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D1931.2A$D.D4.D.D
4.D7.D27.D4.D.D.D4.D7.D27.D.D2.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D324.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.
15D28.3D9.3D392.15D28.3D9.3D$D.D.4D.D4.D4.D.3D26.D4.D.D.D4.D4.D.3D26.
D.4D.4D.D4.D4.D.3D323.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.15D28.3D9.3D392.15D28.3D9.3D
636.A$450.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.15D28.3D9.3D392.15D28.3D9.3D635.A.A.2A$
450.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D635.A.A.A.A$450.
3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D632.2A.A.A.A.A2.A$
450.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D632.A2.A2.2A.4A$
450.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D
634.2A4.A$450.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D14.3D
11.3D9.3D640.A.A$C59.A75.A313.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D11.3D9.
3D392.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D641.2A$C.C57.3A71.3A313.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D
392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$3C60.A69.A316.3D9.3D17.3D
8.3D9.3D392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$2.C59.2A69.2A315.
3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D392.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$450.15D
5.18D5.15D392.3D17.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D$450.15D5.18D5.15D392.3D
17.18D5.15D392.15D5.18D5.15D$101.2C347.15D5.18D5.15D392.3D17.18D5.15D
392.15D5.18D5.15D$100.3C.2C344.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D
392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$101.2C.3C.2E340.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D392.3D29.3D8.
3D9.3D392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$80.D19.3C.2C2.2E26.2E15.D296.3D9.3D17.3D8.
3D9.3D392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D392.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$54.2A24.D.D17.2C34.2E15.
D.D294.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D$
55.A24.3D70.3D294.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D
11.3D9.3D$55.A.A24.D72.D294.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D392.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D
392.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D$56.2A392.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D392.3D40.
3D9.3D$450.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D$9.2E11.D427.
3D9.3D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D$4.2A3.2E9.3D27.A399.3D
9.3D28.3D9.3D392.15D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D$4.2A14.D.D27.3A397.3D9.
3D28.3D9.3D392.15D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D$20.D32.A396.3D9.3D28.3D9.
3D392.15D28.3D9.3D392.3D40.3D9.3D$52.2A77.2A$3.2A126.2A$4.A4.2A$.3A5.
2A1789.15D28.15D$.A115.2A1681.15D28.15D$118.A1681.15D28.15D$115.3A
1682.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$51.C63.A1684.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$51.C.C73.2A1671.3D
9.3D28.3D9.3D$51.3C73.A1672.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D$53.C74.3A319.350D
100.350D100.350D100.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D$130.A319.350D100.350D100.
350D100.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D$60.2A388.350D100.350D100.350D100.3D9.3D
17.3D8.3D9.3D$61.A388.350D100.350D100.350D100.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$58.
3A389.350D100.350D100.350D100.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$58.A1741.15D5.18D5.
15D$1800.15D5.18D5.15D$1800.15D5.18D5.15D$1800.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$
1800.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$1800.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$1800.3D9.3D14.3D11.
3D9.3D$1800.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D$1800.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.3D$1800.3D9.
3D28.3D9.3D$1800.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$1800.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$1800.3D9.3D28.
3D9.3D$450.D2.D.4D.D2.D.D2.D3.2D16.D2.D.4D.D2.D.D2.D3.2D386.4D.4D.4D.
D2.D3.2D16.4D.4D.4D.D2.D3.4D384.4D.4D.D2.D3.2D431.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$
450.D2.D.D4.D2.D.D2.D4.D16.D2.D4.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D389.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D
19.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D6.D384.D2.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D431.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$450.D2.D
.D4.D2.D.D2.D4.D16.D2.D4.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D389.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D19.D.D2.D
.D4.D2.D6.D384.D2.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D$450.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D16.4D4.D.4D.4D4.D
386.4D.4D.D4.4D4.D16.4D.4D.D4.4D3.4D384.4D.4D.4D4.D$453.D.D2.D.D2.D.D
2.D4.D19.D4.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D386.D4.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D16.D4.D2.D.D4.D2.D3.D
390.D.D4.D2.D4.D$453.D.D2.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D19.D4.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D386.D4.D
2.D.D4.D2.D4.D16.D4.D2.D.D4.D2.D3.D390.D.D4.D2.D4.D$453.D.4D.D2.D.D2.
D.D.3D18.D4.D.D2.D.D2.D.D.3D385.4D.4D.4D.D2.D.D.3D15.4D.4D.4D.D2.D.D.
4D384.4D.D4.D2.D.D.3D6$1800.350D$457.D35.A410.2A46.D405.2A440.350D$
456.3D34.3A408.A.A45.2D404.A441.350D$455.D2.2D36.A408.A34.2C11.2D401.
A.A441.350D$495.2A444.2C10.D398.2A2.2A442.350D$941.C10.D399.2A$491.2A
5.2A412.D$491.2A4.A.A412.2D$497.2A401.2C11.2D34.2A$901.2C10.D35.A400.
3C4.2A$490.C410.C10.D30.A6.3A399.C4.2A$490.2C450.A.A7.A397.3C$491.2C
450.A406.2D2.D$15D28.3D9.3D433.C859.3D$15D28.3D9.3D432.C861.D$15D28.
3D9.3D$3D40.3D9.3D392.C50.A$3D40.3D9.3D392.2C9.E38.A.A$3D40.3D9.3D
393.2C7.E.E38.A1298.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D$3D26.3D11.3D9.3D393.C8.E.E1340.D
4.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D$3D26.3D11.3D9.3D392.C10.E1341.D4.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D$3D
26.3D11.3D9.3D1742.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D1742.D4.D4.D2.D.D2.D
4.D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D394.2A44.2A1300.D4.D4.D2.D.D2.D4.D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D
394.2A7.2A35.A.A1299.4D.4D.D2.D.D2.D.D.3D$15D5.18D5.15D403.2A37.A$15D
5.18D5.15D433.2D2.D4.2A$15D5.18D5.15D434.3D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D435.D$3D
29.3D8.3D9.3D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$3D26.3D11.3D9.3D1746.C10.A$3D26.3D11.3D
9.3D1747.C7.3A$3D26.3D11.3D9.3D1745.3C6.A$3D40.3D9.3D1754.2A$3D40.3D
9.3D$3D40.3D9.3D$3D40.3D9.3D$3D40.3D9.3D$3D40.3D9.3D2$1802.2A$1801.A.
A5.2E$1801.A7.2E$1800.2A2$1814.A$1810.2A.A.A$1809.A.A.A.A$1806.A2.A.A
.A.A.2A$350D1456.4A.2A2.A2.A$350D1460.A4.2A$350D1458.A.A$350D1458.2A$
350D14$4D.4D.4D.D2.D3.2D16.4D.4D.4D.D2.D3.2D16.D2.D.D2.D.4D.D2.D3.2D
26.D.4D.4D.4D.D2.D3.2D$D7.D.D4.D2.D4.D16.D4.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D16.D2.D.D
2.D.D4.D2.D4.D26.D.D2.D4.D.D4.D2.D4.D$D7.D.D4.D2.D4.D16.D4.D2.D.D4.D
2.D4.D16.D2.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D26.D.D2.D4.D.D4.D2.D4.D$4D.4D.4D.4D4.D
16.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D16.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D26.D.D2.D4.D.4D.4D4.D$3.D4.D.D4.D2.
D4.D19.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D19.D4.D.D4.D2.D4.D26.D.D2.D4.D.D4.D2.D4.D$3.D
4.D.D4.D2.D4.D19.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D19.D4.D.D4.D2.D4.D26.D.D2.D4.D.D4.D
2.D4.D294.3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D382.15D28.15D$4D.4D.D4.D2.D.D.3D
15.4D.4D.D4.D2.D.D.3D18.D4.D.D4.D2.D.D.3D25.D.4D4.D.D4.D2.D.D.3D293.
3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D382.15D28.15D$450.3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D
382.15D28.15D$450.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D394.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$450.3D9.
3D28.3D404.3D40.3D394.3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$450.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D394.
3D9.3D28.3D9.3D$450.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D394.3D9.3D14.3D
11.3D9.3D$450.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D394.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D9.
3D$15.D34.A36.2A42.2C317.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D394.3D9.3D
14.3D11.3D9.3D$2A12.3D33.3A29.2A2.A.A41.3C.2C314.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.
3D29.3D8.3D394.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$.A11.2D2.D4.2A29.A28.A3.A44.2C.3C.
2E310.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D394.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$.A.A18.A
17.2A10.2A29.3A.4A39.3C.2C2.2E310.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D394.
3D9.3D17.3D8.3D9.3D$2.2A16.A.A18.A43.A.A2.A9.2A28.2C318.15D5.18D5.3D
404.3D17.18D5.3D394.15D5.18D5.15D$20.2A19.A.A37.3A.A.A13.A348.15D5.
18D5.3D404.3D17.18D5.3D394.15D5.18D5.15D$42.2A36.A2.A.2A11.3A349.15D
5.18D5.3D404.3D17.18D5.3D394.15D5.18D5.15D$61.D18.2A15.A352.3D9.3D17.
3D8.3D404.3D29.3D8.3D394.3D29.3D8.3D$61.2D34.2A8.2A341.3D9.3D17.3D8.
3D404.3D29.3D8.3D394.3D29.3D8.3D$62.2D42.A.A341.3D9.3D17.3D8.3D404.3D
29.3D8.3D394.3D29.3D8.3D$62.D43.A343.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D
394.3D26.3D11.3D$2.C58.D42.A.A343.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D
394.3D26.3D11.3D$2.C.C99.2A344.3D9.3D14.3D11.3D404.3D26.3D11.3D394.3D
26.3D11.3D$2.3C37.C57.2A59.2A287.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D394.3D40.3D$4.
C37.C.C37.C17.A.A58.2A287.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D394.3D40.3D$42.3C37.C
.C16.2A347.3D9.3D28.3D404.3D40.3D394.3D40.3D$14.2A28.C11.2A24.3C7.2D
2.D353.3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D382.3D40.3D$14.2A2.2A36.A27.C8.3D51.
2A301.3D9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D382.3D40.3D$18.A.A36.3A34.D53.A301.3D
9.3D28.15D392.15D28.15D382.3D40.3D$20.A38.A85.3A$20.2A123.A$157.2A$
157.A$158.3A$160.A5$450.350D100.350D90.350D$450.350D100.350D90.350D$
450.350D100.350D90.350D$450.350D100.350D90.350D$450.350D100.350D90.
350D14$450.D.4D.D2.D.4D3.2D429.D2.D.4D.4D.4D3.2D416.4D.4D.4D3.2D21.4D
.4D.4D.4D3.2D$450.D.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D429.D2.D4.D.D4.D7.D416.D2.D.D2.D.D
2.D4.D24.D.D2.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D$450.D.D2.D.D2.D.D7.D429.D2.D4.D.D4.D7.D
416.D2.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D24.D.D2.D.D2.D.D2.D4.D$450.D.4D.4D.D7.D429.4D4.D
.D4.D7.D416.4D.4D.4D4.D21.4D.4D.4D.4D4.D$450.D4.D.D2.D.D7.D432.D4.D.D
4.D7.D416.D2.D.D4.D7.D24.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D$450.D4.D.D2.D.D7.D432.D4.D.D
4.D7.D416.D2.D.D4.D7.D24.D.D2.D.D4.D7.D$450.D.4D.D2.D.4D.D.3D431.D4.D
.4D.4D.D.3D415.4D.D4.D4.D.3D20.4D.4D.D4.D4.D.3D7$453.A461.A426.3D43.A
$453.3A459.3A424.D.D41.3A$15D28.15D398.A461.A422.3CD40.A$15D28.15D
397.2A460.2A424.C41.2A$15D28.15D846.2A435.3C$3D40.3D405.2A5.2A444.A.A
6.2A5.2A$3D40.3D405.2A4.A.A445.A7.2A4.A.A$3D40.3D411.2A460.2A422.A$3D
26.3D11.3D1296.A.A.A$3D26.3D11.3D404.C890.A.2A.3A$3D26.3D11.3D404.2C
889.A7.A35.3C$3D29.3D8.3D405.2C447.2C438.2A6.2A33.3D.C$3D29.3D8.3D
405.C449.2C480.D.3C$3D29.3D8.3D404.C2.D447.C13.D467.D.D$15D5.18D5.3D
407.3D459.3D$15D5.18D5.3D408.D461.D$15D5.18D5.3D$3D29.3D8.3D$3D29.3D
8.3D$3D29.3D8.3D$3D26.3D11.3D$3D26.3D11.3D1340.2A$3D26.3D11.3D1336.2A
2.2A$3D40.3D1335.A.A$3D40.3D1335.A$3D40.3D1334.2A$3D40.15D$3D40.15D$
3D40.15D11$350D$350D$350D$350D$350D11$900.15D28.15D$900.15D28.15D$
900.15D28.15D$4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D876.3D40.3D9.3D$D4.D2.D.D4.D7.D876.3D40.
3D9.3D$D4.D2.D.D4.D7.D876.3D40.3D9.3D$4D.4D.4D.D7.D876.3D26.3D11.3D9.
3D$D2.D4.D.D4.D7.D876.3D26.3D11.3D9.3D$D2.D4.D.D4.D7.D876.3D26.3D11.
3D9.3D$4D.4D.D4.4D.D.3D875.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$900.3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$900.3D
29.3D8.3D9.3D$900.3D17.18D5.15D$900.3D17.18D5.15D$900.3D17.18D5.15D$
900.3D29.3D8.3D$9.A890.3D29.3D8.3D$9.3A888.3D29.3D8.3D$A11.A887.3D26.
3D11.3D$3A8.2A887.3D26.3D11.3D$3.A896.3D26.3D11.3D$2.2A16.D879.3D40.
3D$19.3D878.3D40.3D$19.D880.3D40.3D$900.15D28.3D$900.15D28.3D$900.15D
28.3D2$.C$.C.C$.3C$3.C11.2A$15.A$16.3A$18.A3$900.350D$900.350D$900.
350D$900.350D$900.350D12$900.4D.4D.4D.4D3.2D$903.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D$
903.D.D2.D.D4.D2.D4.D$900.4D.4D.D4.4D4.D$900.D7.D.D4.D7.D$900.D7.D.D
4.D7.D$900.4D.4D.4D.D4.D.3D7$903.A$902.A.A$903.A5.2A$909.2A4$912.3D$
900.2C12.D$901.2C9.3D$901.C2$15D28.15D$15D28.15D$15D28.15D$3D40.3D9.
3D$3D40.3D9.3D843.2A$3D40.3D9.3D843.2A$3D26.3D11.3D9.3D$3D26.3D11.3D
9.3D$3D26.3D11.3D9.3D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D$3D29.3D8.3D9.3D
$15D5.18D5.15D$15D5.18D5.15D$15D5.18D5.15D$3D29.3D8.3D$3D29.3D8.3D$3D
29.3D8.3D$3D26.3D11.3D$3D26.3D11.3D$3D26.3D11.3D$3D40.3D$3D40.3D$3D
40.3D$3D40.3D$3D40.3D$3D40.3D11$350D$350D$350D$350D$350D14$4D.4D.4D.
4D3.2D$D2.D.D4.D4.D2.D4.D$D2.D.D4.D4.D2.D4.D$4D.4D.4D.4D4.D$3.D4.D.D
4.D7.D$3.D4.D.D4.D7.D$4D.4D.D4.D4.D.3D7$14.2A$14.2A5$2A$.A$.A.A$2.2A$
25.3D$27.D$25.3D4$2.C$2.C.C$2.3C$4.C2$14.2A$14.2A2.2A$18.A.A$20.A$20.
2A!
Edit: I found a transformer that interacts with the four before it even turns into a four:

Code: Select all

x = 56, y = 31, rule = LifeHistory
36.A$34.3A$33.A$33.2A3$.2C$3C.2C$.2C.3C.2E$3C.2C2.2E26.2E15.D$2C34.2E
15.D.D$53.3D$55.D7$31.2A$31.2A3$17.2A$18.A$15.3A$15.A$27.2A$27.A$28.
3A$30.A!
This prevents an ant from being released in the usual position, so I think we should call these "non-releasing transformers".
Last edited by Para on November 19th, 2023, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
User avatar
lk050807
Posts: 113
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm
Location: One hour from a river were salmons leap.

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by lk050807 »

Para wrote: November 16th, 2023, 8:35 pm *snip*
I'm planning to release my mover and transformer searching programs open source, once I add a friendly interface and not the source editing I'm using right now.

Also, should I make a Discord for this rule? It's seen some awesome accomplishments, and I think it deserves one.


Edit:
I propose a standard for defining transformers:
[Time][In][Out].[Number]
Time is the amount of ticks it takes to get from input to output (In the case of movers it's from the first interaction with a preturber), In is the input (F for four, C for car, A for ant, P for Pi) and Out is the output. Number is just an identifier for transformers with all three others equal.
#1, good, but release it later than March 10th, 2024,
hotcrystal0 wrote: May 11th, 2023, 7:12 pm *snip*
(Let's not get into "using" search programs and engineering until at least the first year after this thread has formed.)
*snip*
BokaBB wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:26 am (So here we pretend CGOL was jist discovered and look for patterns from tiny scribbles at first like Conway did in his time. Later we may turn into engineering and all it but first be small, please for the sake of realisticness.)
*snip*
#2, I already have: https://discord.gg/Xp3e9WScgY
#3, Great, but the ants` directions don`t matters eg:An SE ant is no diffent from an NW ant.

Code: Select all

NE N NW
E     W
SE S SW
Last edited by lk050807 on November 21st, 2023, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For the snark is a boojum, you see."
The P3 guy.

Whaz this?

Please support HeartLife

HELP WANTED!
I discovered a new p101 SKOP! Its md5 hash is: b5de045f2a2f5a35160f69afd5ba9572!
Now apgsearching so, not online.
User avatar
lk050807
Posts: 113
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm
Location: One hour from a river were salmons leap.

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by lk050807 »

(Sorry for dubble post, but:)
New transformer by Para on Discord:

Code: Select all

x = 36, y = 24, rule = B3/S23
5b2o$6bo$6bobo$7b2o3$33b3o$28b2o3bo$28b2o4bo2$7bo$7bobo$7b3o$9bo5$7b2o
$3bo3b2o$2bobo$bobo$bo16b2o$2o16b2o!
Para on Discord on #cutting-edge wrote: new transformer:

Code: Select all

x = 36, y = 24, rule = B3/S23
5b2o$6bo$6bobo$7b2o3$33b3o$28b2o3bo$28b2o4bo2$7bo$7bobo$7b3o$9bo5$7b2o
$3bo3b2o$2bobo$bobo$bo16b2o$2o16b2o!
it can insert into a lane of ants
"For the snark is a boojum, you see."
The P3 guy.

Whaz this?

Please support HeartLife

HELP WANTED!
I discovered a new p101 SKOP! Its md5 hash is: b5de045f2a2f5a35160f69afd5ba9572!
Now apgsearching so, not online.
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

I spent several hours preturbing the tails of random mover/bird/cardinal arrangements, and it paid off with this new p16 mover:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
4b6o$2b2o5bo$2obo5bo$4bo3bo$6bo$6b2o$5b4o$5b2ob2o$7b2o!
I think we should call it "sparkship".
It can even turn an ant directly INTO A MOVER, one of the few objects able to do so (and the first moving one).

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
5b6o$3b2o5bo$b2obo5bo$5bo3bo$7bo$7b2o$6b4o$6b2ob2o$8b2o2$bo$b2o$obo!
I also found this cool period-20 ant nest:

Code: Select all

x = 22, y = 21, rule = B3/S23
18b2o$9b4o4b4o$8bo3bo4b2ob2o$12bo6b2o$8bo2bo3$9b2o$9bo7b2o$9bo2bo5b2o$
10b3o4b2o$12b2o3bo3$18b2o$17b4o$17b2ob2o$2b2o15b2o$2ob2o$4o$b2o!
It can be combined with sparkship and the incliner in many ways to yield higher-period nests.

Code: Select all

x = 423, y = 54, rule = B3/S23
5bo$3bo3bob6o$2b3o3bo5bo$2bo5bo5bo$2bob2o3bo3bo$3b3o5bo$11b2o$10b4o$
10b2ob2o$12b2o2$28b4o106b4o$17bo9bo3bo95bo9bo3bo$18b2o11bo96b2o11bo$
15b3o5b2o2bo2bo94b3o5b2o2bo2bo$6bo7b3o6b3o98b3o6b3o$7bo7b3o5b2o2bo2bo
94b3o5b2o2bo2bo$6bo11b2o11bo96b2o11bo$17bo9bo3bo95bo9bo3bo$28b4o106b4o
$b4o106b4o126b4o116b4o$6o104b6o124b6o114b6o$4ob2o103b4ob2o123b4ob2o
113b4ob2o$4b2o108b2o128b2o17b2o99b2o$262b4o$262b2ob2o$264b2o2$36b6o
104b6o124b6o114b6o$34b2o5bo102b2o5bo122b2o5bo112b2o5bo$8bo23b2obo5bo
76bo23b2obo5bo96bo23b2obo5bo86bo23b2obo5bo$7b3o26bo3bo76b3o26bo3bo96b
3o26bo3bo86b3o26bo3bo$7bo30bo78bo30bo98bo30bo88bo30bo$9b2o27b2o19b2o
58b2o27b2o19b2o78b2o27b2o19b2o68b2o27b2o19b2o$37b4o9b4o4b4o85b4o9b4o4b
4o105b4o9b4o4b4o95b4o9b4o4b4o$26bo10b2ob2o7bo3bo4b2ob2o73bo10b2ob2o7bo
3bo4b2ob2o93bo10b2ob2o7bo3bo4b2ob2o83bo10b2ob2o7bo3bo4b2ob2o$26b2o11b
2o12bo6b2o74b2o11b2o12bo6b2o94b2o11b2o12bo6b2o84b2o11b2o12bo6b2o$12b5o
8bobo21bo2bo69b5o8bobo21bo2bo89b5o8bobo21bo2bo79b5o8bobo21bo2bo$13b3o
107b3o127b3o117b3o$14bo109bo129bo119bo$31bo18b2o89bo18b2o109bo18b2o99b
o18b2o$31b2o17bo7b2o81b2o17bo7b2o101b2o17bo7b2o91b2o17bo7b2o$30bobo17b
o2bo5b2o79bobo17bo2bo5b2o99bobo17bo2bo5b2o89bobo17bo2bo5b2o$6b2o43b3o
4b2o56b2o43b3o4b2o121b3o4b2o66b2o43b3o4b2o$5b4o28bo15b2o3bo56b4o28bo
15b2o3bo108bo15b2o3bo66b4o28bo15b2o3bo$5b2ob2o27bo77b2ob2o27bo129bo87b
2ob2o27bo$7b2o28bobo77b2o28bobo127bobo87b2o28bobo$38bo20b2o87bo20b2o
107bo20b2o97bo20b2o$38b2o18b4o86b2o18b4o106b2o18b4o96b2o18b4o$58b2ob2o
105b2ob2o125b2ob2o115b2ob2o$43b2o15b2o91b2o15b2o111b2o15b2o101b2o15b2o
$41b2ob2o105b2ob2o125b2ob2o115b2ob2o$41b4o106b4o126b4o116b4o$42b2o108b
2o128b2o118b2o!

Edit:
bluemanofgrapes wrote: November 9th, 2023, 7:58 pm ill use a NEW notation (X movement per step, Y movement per step) steps for 1 whole movement shows as (X,Y)s to represent movers and chains
an ant is (0.25,0.25)4, a cardinal is (0.25,0)4 and this new chain is (0.333,0.166)6.

anyways, I'm gonna make a gameshow here called find an object like...
Find an object that has these features:
-Is a mover
-moves at (0.2,0)5
-less than 100 cells
After a multi-day width-11 search, claimed!

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 15, rule = B3/S23
bo19bo$2o19b2o$o2bo4b2o3b2o4bo2bo$4bob2obo3bob2obo$3bo15bo$5b4o5b4o$9b
2ob2o2$10bobo$9bo3bo$5b5o3b5o$4b2o2b2o3b2o2b2o$4bo5bobo5bo$2b4o2bobobo
bo2b4o$9bo3bo!

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
User avatar
HerscheltheHerschel
Posts: 589
Joined: September 4th, 2023, 5:23 am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by HerscheltheHerschel »

Was messing around and found this things:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
4b2o$3bo2bo5bo$3bob2o3b5o$2obo5bo5bo$ob2o5b2o2bobo$13b2o!
Can anybody name them?
Weird thing:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
2o2b2o$o2bobo$2b2o$obo2bo$2o2b2o!
Another weird thing:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2b2o3b2o$bo2bobo2bo$bob2ob2obo$2o7b2o$2bobobobo$2o7b2o$bob2ob2obo$bo2b
obo2bo$2b2o3b2o!
superstrings, fuses, waves, wicks, and agars are cool
30P5H2V0 IS A BAD, UNMEMORIZABLE NAME
NEW ACCOUNT: hth3
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

HerscheltheHerschel wrote: December 4th, 2023, 8:17 am Another weird thing:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2b2o3b2o$bo2bobo2bo$bob2ob2obo$2o7b2o$2bobobobo$2o7b2o$bob2ob2obo$bo2b
obo2bo$2b2o3b2o!
Oh, that's cool - a new P4 repeater! It dosen't seem to be in my collection. Should we name it Herschel's P4?

I've been spending the past few weeks creating a search program to find custom preturbers (I completely forgot lk050807's program existed). lk050807's eater searching program appears to explore in narrow paths, continuing the ones that look promising and backtracking when it hits a dead end. Mine takes a completely different approach - It searches in wide sweeps and leaves no corner unexplored. Anyways, enough talk. Here's a backlog from a several-day search for Ant eaters (several, I think, are new).

Code: Select all

x = 384, y = 84, rule = LifeHistory
6$7.A19.A19.A19.A22.A20.A15.A19.A22.A16.A20.A18.A10.A9.A18.A15.A13.A
5.2C13.A28.A19.A$8.A19.A19.A19.A22.A20.A15.A19.A22.A16.A20.A18.A7.3A
10.A18.A15.A13.A4.C.C13.A9.A2.2A.2A11.A19.A$6.3A17.3A17.3A17.3A20.3A
18.3A13.3A17.3A20.3A14.3A18.3A16.3A6.C11.3A16.3A13.3A11.3A6.C11.3A8.C
.A2.A.2A9.3A17.3A6.CA$53.CA140.CA19.2C14.2C2.C68.C.2A19.C.CA.A41.C$
52.C.A16.2C80.CA35.2C.C2.A14.2C.C2.C2.A10.C2.3C52.CA11.2C.C.A19.2C2.A
.A39.C.C$10.2C41.C17.2C13.2C63.C2.A34.C.C.3C14.C.C.2C.C.A.A8.C.C4.2A
14.2C2.2C12.2C14.C2.A12.C.C.A.A13.2C.C2.C.A.2A38.2C$10.C21.2C.C50.2C
3.C15.2C3.C19.2C2.2C13.3C12.2C3.C14.A2.C.C15.A2.C.C4.C2.A9.C.C.2C.A
12.C3.C2.2C12.C.C13.3C13.C.C2.2A6.2A4.C.C.C.2C.A36.C$11.3C18.2C.C2A
13.3C2A14.C.3C15.C.C14.C3.C.C15.C3.C2.2C10.C17.C3.C.C13.A3C.3C13.A3C.
4C.C10.3C.C.C2.A8.2C2.4C14.C4.C10.C13.C2.C.C.C10.A2.C.C2.C.C4.A15.2C.
2C16.3C$13.A24.A13.C2.A14.2C3.A15.C.C14.C3.C.C14.4C15.4C2A13.C3.2C17.
C3.A16.C4.C10.C3.C.C2.A9.C21.5C11.4C2A8.4C.2C13.2C.C.2C.C.2CA15.C.C.C
.C18.C$32.2C.C2A12.C22.CA18.C15.C4.C38.A14.C19.A.A2.2A12.3A.A.3A11.2A
2.A2.2A11.5C37.A31.C2.C.C.A17.C.C3.2CA11.2A2C.3C$33.A.A14.2A17.A.2A
20.CA11.3C5.CA13.2A19.3A13.A.5C15.2A16.A2.A.A.A16.2A20.A17.2A.A12.3A
9.2A21.3C2.C17.3C.C.C4.A10.A2.2C3.A$33.A.A33.2A.A33.A22.2A19.A15.2A4.
A33.2A2.A38.3A18.A.2A12.A11.2A26.A.A14.A3.C.2C.3A17.CA$34.A134.3A77.A
71.3A3.2A14.2A2.C4.A16.3A$166.2A.A150.A2.A24.3A17.A2.A$166.A.A151.2A
28.2A16.2A6$27.A$28.A$26.3A3$32.2C.C$32.2C.C2A$38.A$32.2C.C2A$33.A.A$
33.A.A$34.A9$27.A$28.A$26.3A2$36.2A$37.A$32.2C.C$32.2C.CA2$32.2C.CA$
33.A.A$33.A.A$34.A8$27.A$28.A$26.3A3$36.2A$32.2C.C.A$32.2C.C$36.A$32.
2C.CA$33.A.A$33.A.A$34.A!
I would also like to introduce the term "gluing", which is combining two things into one while not altering their function. For example, here are two glued fishhooks.

Code: Select all

x = 29, y = 22, rule = LifeHistory
20.A$21.A$19.3A4$3.2A19.2A$3.A13.B6.A$4.3A18.3A$6.A4.B.B.B.B.B8.A$4.A
20.3A$2.3A12.B5.3A$.A20.A$.2A19.2A6$15.3A$17.A$16.A!

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

(Sorry for not posting here lately.)
Can this be completed?(the rule is just normal B3/S23 but with “blocker” cells to show the concept.)

Code: Select all

x = 25, y = 11, rule = greycells
17.A$6.3A8.A$2.A5.2B5.2BA3.A$2.A.A6.A.A7.A.A$A4.A3.A3.A5.A4.A$5A.A2.A
8.A.5A$5.A2.A10.A$2.2A5.A11.2A$2.A6.A3.A8.A$4.A6.A.A6.A$3.2A15.2A!
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

hotcrystal0 wrote: December 9th, 2023, 8:08 pm (Sorry for not posting here lately.)
Can this be completed?(the rule is just normal B3/S23 but with “blocker” cells to show the concept.)

Code: Select all

rle
After spending some amount of time getting your search program, downloading Python, figuring out how it works, and preforming some searches, I found a solution (your program yielded this after about forty minutes, I had to stabilize it by hand):

Code: Select all

x = 35, y = 25, rule = B3/S23
19b2o$18bobo$10bo5b3o5bo$9bobo3bo3bo3bobo$6bo2bo2bo2b2ob2o2bob2o2bo$6b
3o4bobo3bobobo2b3o$9b3obobo3bobob2o$4b5obob2ob2ob2ob2o3b5o$3bo6bo5bobo
5bobo4bo$bo2bo2bo2b6o3b9o2bo2bo$b2ob4obo3bo7bo5bo2bob2o$4bo2bo3bo11bo
3bo2bo$4bo2bo2b3o9b4ob4o$2bobo2b3o7bo9bo2bobo$2b2o4bobo6bobo4bo6b2o$6b
o2bobo8b2obobobo$6bo3bo9b2o2bo3b2o$5bo14b2o$2bo14bobo10bobo$2b3o12bo
13b2o$29bo$6o24b5o$o28bo4bo$2bobo26bobo$2bo28bo!

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Can this be completed?

Code: Select all

x = 22, y = 11, rule = B3/S23
19b3o$18bobo$bo2bo12b4o$bo2bob2o3b2o2b3o$2o7b3obo$bob2obo4bob2o$bo8bo
2b5o$bob2obo2b3o6bo$2o9bo$bo2bob2o3bo3bo2b2o$bo2bo!
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

I recently came across this reaction:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
$5b3o$4bo3bo$3bo5bo$3bo5bo$3bo5bo$4bo3bo$5b3o2$3b2o$4bo$b3o5b2o$bo7b2o
!
It produces an ant, while shifting a four-puff thing, but it creates extra junk. I put it into my new custom preturber search program, and out came this:

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
4b2o2b2ob2o$4bobo2bobo$7b2o3bo$8bob2o$bo6bobo$2o3b2obobo$bo3b2ob2o4$3b
2o$3bo$4b3o$6bo!
Therefore:

Code: Select all

x = 42, y = 27, rule = B3/S23
16b2o7bo$8bo7b2o5b3o$8b3o11bo$11bo10b2o$10b2o4$5b2ob2o$4bobob2o$4bobo
26b2o2b2ob2o$3b2obo26bobo2bobo$2bo3b2o28b2o3bo$3bobo2bobo11b3o12bob2o$
2b2ob2o2b2o10bo3bo11bobo$20bo5bo7b2obobo$20bo5bo7b2ob2o$20bo5bo$21bo3b
o$22b3o$32b2o$20b2o10bo$21bo11b3o$18b3o5b2o7bo$18bo7b2o!

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
Disaster16439
Posts: 339
Joined: June 30th, 2023, 9:17 am
Location: Teyvat

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Disaster16439 »

I made my own search program, written in Disaster, my own programming language, called RestoreSearch. Basically, you give it some chaos that you would like to transform, and a small repeater/stable thing, such as a square, or a repeater2(fun fact, before I knew the term oscillator, I used repeater). Then, it places perturbers, and trys to restore the square/repeater2. Also, if a perturber gets partially destroyed, but the square/repeater2 gets restored, then it will mark it as NPPARTIAL and put it in a new file. If that destroyed perturber is a square, then it will put a number how likely it is to be restored, along with finding the type of interaction. If that type of interaction has a known replacement perturber, then the program will try if that pertuber works. If that replacement pertuber doesn't work/the type of interaction does not have a known replacement perturber and the number is greater than 5, then it will try to restore that square basically in the same way as it restores the original square/repeater/whatever. Ok, enough about how it works, this is the actual program:
restoresearch.dis - 1.87 GB (download)
WARNING, IT CONSUMES A LOT OF MEMORY AND IS VERY SLOW.
If we remove the square restore/replace part, it gets smaller:
lmrestoresearch.dis - 789 Mb (download)
Note that you will have to install Disaster first.
Last edited by Disaster16439 on December 10th, 2023, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

x=0,y=0,rule=B34q/S23-k
14b3o$13bo3bo$13b2ob2o9$15bo$15bo$b2o12bo12b2o$obo25bobo$o10b3o3b3o10b
o$obo25bobo$b2o12bo12b2o$15bo$15bo9$13b2ob2o$13bo3bo$14b3o!
[[ LOOP 200 THEME POISON AUTOSTART T 0 PAUSE 0.3 ]]
I’m sandless :D
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Here is the source code for my program, written in C++:
b3s23-repsearch.cpp - 247 KB (download)
Edit: I forgot to put it in the post, but I also wrote a variant in Disaster:
b3s23-repsearch_disaster.dis - 335 KB (download)

Edit 2: Alternatively, run this in any Unix-like command line:
$ git clone httрs://github.com/hotcrystal0/b3s23-repsearch/
Last edited by hotcrystal0 on December 14th, 2023, 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

I suppose, to keep up with the times, my programs, all written in C++. I tidied the interface up, documentation is along with the source code.

movesrc.zip - 105 KB (download)
preturbsrc.zip - 311 KB (download)
custompreturb.zip - 261 KB (download)

And my Life-simulation algorithm that all my programs depend upon:
hashlife.zip - 141 MB (download)
Last edited by Para on December 14th, 2023, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Can this be completed? I tried everything I know of, but nothing.

Code: Select all

x = 29, y = 18, rule = B3/S23
7bo$6bobo$ob2obobobo12bo$2obobo3bo10b3o$4b2o3b2o8bo$19b2o2$6b2o4b3o$5b
obo2b2o2bo7b2o$5b2o3bo2b2o6bobo$10b3o8b2o2$8b2o$9bo8b2o3b2o$6b3o10bo3b
obob2o$6bo12bobobob2obo$20bobo$21bo!
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Sorry for the doublepost.
A new period-9 repeater, found by running Lk's eater program for a while and then getting lucky:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
7b2o$3b2o3bo$bo4bobob2o$6bobo2bo$o3bobob2o$2o4bo$4bob4o$3bo6bo$o2bobo
bo2bo$4obob3o$4bobo$2bobo2bo$2b2o2b2o!
Edit: It has a SPARK, which reduces at least one known repeater:

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 33, rule = B3/S23
4b2o2b2o$4bo2bobo$5bobo$2b3obob4o$bo2bobobo2bo$bo6bo$2b4obo$5bo4b2o$2b
2obobo3bo$o2bobo$2obobo4bo$3bo3b2o7b2o$3b2o11bo$9bo4bobo$8bobo3b2o$7b
o3bo$7bo3bo$7bo3bo$3b2o3bobo$2bobo4bo$2bo11b2o$b2o7b2o3bo$8bo4bobob2o
$13bobo2bo$7bo3bobob2o$7b2o4bo$11bob4o$10bo6bo$7bo2bobobo2bo$7b4obob3o
$11bobo$9bobo2bo$9b2o2b2o!
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

hotcrystal0 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 7:17 pm Can this be completed? I tried everything I know of, but nothing.

Code: Select all

rle
I, too, tried everything I knew, and failed. It was a bit of a facepalm moment when I realized custompreturb existed, and it spat out this (fun fact this was actually found by barrister):

Code: Select all

x = 29, y = 18, rule = B3/S23
9b2o$9b2o$22bo$7b4o9b3o$6bo3bo8bo$6b2o11b2o3b2ob2o$25bob2o$b2o3b2o4b3o
10bo$bobobobo2b2o2bo7b2obo$3bob2o3bo2b2o6bobobobo$3bo6b3o8b2o3b2o$2obo
$2ob2o3b2o11b2o$9bo8bo3bo$6b3o9b4o$6bo$18b2o$18b2o!
This was the input file:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 19, rule = LifeHistory
14F$14F$14F$14F$14F$14F$14F$9F$9F$9F4.3A$9F2.2A2.A$9F2.A2.2A$9F2.3A$
8F$7F2.2A$6F4.A$5F2.3A$5F2.A!

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

An incliner for a cardinal. Interesting because most of the actual inclined part is period 2:

Code: Select all

x = 18, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
3o$o2bo$o7bo$o3bo2b3o$o3bo4b2o$o5b2o2b2o$bobo6bo$10b2o$7b2obob2o$6b2o
2bobo$6bo2bo2bob2o$5b2o5bob2o$13bobo$12b2ob2o$12bo3bo$11bobobobo!
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Para »

RestoreSearch (which I may or may not have transpiled to C++) gave me this:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 36, rule = LifeHistory
$20.2A$19.A.A$20.A4$7.C$8.C$8.2C$7.2C$7.C2$9.2E$9.2E8$.2A$.2A7$2.2A$.
A.A$.A$2A!
Which I completed with PreturbSearch, giving us a new transformer HH157:

Code: Select all

x = 39, y = 37, rule = LifeHistory
$21.2A$20.A.A$21.A4$8.C$9.C$9.2C$8.2C$8.C2$10.2E$10.2E2$23.2A$23.2A5$
2.2A$2.2A2$36.D$36.2D$37.2D$37.D$36.D$3.2A$2.A.A$2.A$.2A9.2A$13.A13.A
$10.3A13.A.A$10.A16.A!

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
Disaster16439
Posts: 339
Joined: June 30th, 2023, 9:17 am
Location: Teyvat

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovereed!

Post by Disaster16439 »

Para wrote: December 13th, 2023, 11:43 pm RestoreSearch (which I may or may not have transpiled to C++) gave me this:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 36, rule = LifeHistory
$20.2A$19.A.A$20.A4$7.C$8.C$8.2C$7.2C$7.C2$9.2E$9.2E8$.2A$.2A7$2.2A$.
A.A$.A$2A!
Which I completed with PreturbSearch, giving us a new transformer HH157:

Code: Select all

x = 39, y = 37, rule = LifeHistory
$21.2A$20.A.A$21.A4$8.C$9.C$9.2C$8.2C$8.C2$10.2E$10.2E2$23.2A$23.2A5$
2.2A$2.2A2$36.D$36.2D$37.2D$37.D$36.D$3.2A$2.A.A$2.A$.2A9.2A$13.A13.A
$10.3A13.A.A$10.A16.A!
Meanwhile, RestoreSearch has found this, which I shoved into my PerturberFind, which prioritizes more likely regions of exploration, so it generally finds results more quickly(1 hour for PerterberFind, 4 hours for CustomPerturb).

Code: Select all

x = 64, y = 18, rule = B3/S23
58bo$47b2o7b3o$46bo2bo5bo$45bob2obo4b2o$7b2o36bo4bo$7b2o37b3obob2o$48b
obo2bo$51b2o2$2o$b2o$2o14b2obo24b2o$o15bob2o25b2o$44b2o14b2obo$9b2o33b
o15bob2o$9b2o$53b2o$53b2o!

It also found this, but I don't know how to use it:

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 17, rule = B3/S23
9b2o$9bo$7bobo$7b2o$2o$2o7$11b2o$8b2ob3o$4b2ob3ob2o$4b2o2b2ob3o$12b2o!
(Also, this transparent block was found by me. Feel free to explore it as it is not explored that much)

Code: Select all

x=0,y=0,rule=B34q/S23-k
14b3o$13bo3bo$13b2ob2o9$15bo$15bo$b2o12bo12b2o$obo25bobo$o10b3o3b3o10b
o$obo25bobo$b2o12bo12b2o$15bo$15bo9$13b2ob2o$13bo3bo$14b3o!
[[ LOOP 200 THEME POISON AUTOSTART T 0 PAUSE 0.3 ]]
I’m sandless :D
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovereed!

Post by Para »

Disaster16439 wrote: December 14th, 2023, 1:17 am Meanwhile, RestoreSearch has found this, which I shoved into my PerturberFind, which prioritizes more likely regions of exploration, so it generally finds results more quickly(1 hour for PerterberFind, 4 hours for CustomPerturb).

Code: Select all

x = 64, y = 18, rule = B3/S23
58bo$47b2o7b3o$46bo2bo5bo$45bob2obo4b2o$7b2o36bo4bo$7b2o37b3obob2o$48b
obo2bo$51b2o2$2o$b2o$2o14b2obo24b2o$o15bob2o25b2o$44b2o14b2obo$9b2o33b
o15bob2o$9b2o$53b2o$53b2o!
Yes, it does seem that PerturberFind is faster than CustomPreturb most of the time, sometimes over 2x (using catalysts found per second as a benchmark) even though it is written in Disaster, which seems, from benchmarks, to be around 3.6x slower than C++. It seems to get its speed from pruning branches of the search tree using heuristics.
This does cause PerturberFind to get stuck sometimes, as it finds hundreds of variants of the same perturber and prunes the rest of the search tree because in its eyes they're not viable, while Custom is guaranteed to search the entire area.
I tried searching for 4-puff preturbers with it, but PerturberFind got stuck on one branch of fishhook variants (I currently don't know how to fix that).

Anyways, to provide something constructive, a 4-puff catalyst found by Custom:

Code: Select all

x = 12, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
7b3o$6bo3bo$5bo5bo$5bo5bo$5bo5bo$6bo3bo$7b3o2$6bo$5bobo$b2obobo$obobob
obo$o4bob2o$b3obo$3bobo$4bo!
It acts as a replacement for this:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
4b3o$3bo3bo$2bo5bo$2bo5bo$2bo5bo$3bo3bo$4b3o2$2b2o$3bo3b2o$3o3b3o$o5b
2o!
Some reactions with it:

Code: Select all

x = 73, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
12b3o23b3o27b3o$11bo3bo21bo3bo25bo3bo$10bo5bo19bo5bo23bo5bo$10bo5bo19b
o5bo23bo5bo$10bo5bo10b2o7bo5bo23bo5bo$11bo3bo11b2o8bo3bo15b2o8bo3bo$
12b3o23b3o16bo10b3o$2b2o54bo$bobo7bo25bo21bo7bo$bo8bobo23bobo17b3o7bob
o$2o4b2obobo20b2obobo18bo5b2obobo$5bobobobobo17bobobobobo21bobobobobo$
5bo4bob2o17bo4bob2o21bo4bob2o$6b3obo21b3obo25b3obo$8bobo23bobo27bobo$
9bo25bo29bo!
PS: I'm also starting work on a program that will run millions of random patterns in hope to find something (Yes, it's inefficient, but some patterns can only be found this way).

OOC: Also, don't you think an hour/4 hours is a bit much, especially for the R64 catalyst which is only in the 10-20 bit range?

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
User avatar
lk050807
Posts: 113
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm
Location: One hour from a river were salmons leap.

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovereed!

Post by lk050807 »

Para wrote: December 14th, 2023, 2:01 am *snip*
PS: I'm also starting work on a program that will run millions of random patterns in hope to find something (Yes, it's inefficient, but some patterns can only be found this way).
*snip*
I already have one, but it needed a simulation prorgam to run. Can anyone help me?
"For the snark is a boojum, you see."
The P3 guy.

Whaz this?

Please support HeartLife

HELP WANTED!
I discovered a new p101 SKOP! Its md5 hash is: b5de045f2a2f5a35160f69afd5ba9572!
Now apgsearching so, not online.
Disaster16439
Posts: 339
Joined: June 30th, 2023, 9:17 am
Location: Teyvat

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovereed!

Post by Disaster16439 »

lk050807 wrote: December 14th, 2023, 5:11 pm
Para wrote: December 14th, 2023, 2:01 am *snip*
PS: I'm also starting work on a program that will run millions of random patterns in hope to find something (Yes, it's inefficient, but some patterns can only be found this way).
*snip*
I already have one, but it needed a simulation prorgam to run. Can anyone help me?
I improved Disaster a bit, so now it is 1.3 times faster than C++. I made one that generates random 24x24 patterns. It uses HASH-576 tech, to upload to a database called Dissearch and confirm it is actually random. I just updated it to get 1x576 and 2x288 symmetries.

Dissearch.dis 3141.59 MB (download)

Code: Select all

x=0,y=0,rule=B34q/S23-k
14b3o$13bo3bo$13b2ob2o9$15bo$15bo$b2o12bo12b2o$obo25bobo$o10b3o3b3o10b
o$obo25bobo$b2o12bo12b2o$15bo$15bo9$13b2ob2o$13bo3bo$14b3o!
[[ LOOP 200 THEME POISON AUTOSTART T 0 PAUSE 0.3 ]]
I’m sandless :D
Para
Posts: 95
Joined: August 26th, 2023, 10:48 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovereed!

Post by Para »

Disaster16439 wrote: December 14th, 2023, 6:01 pm
lk050807 wrote: December 14th, 2023, 5:11 pm
Para wrote: December 14th, 2023, 2:01 am *snip*
PS: I'm also starting work on a program that will run millions of random patterns in hope to find something (Yes, it's inefficient, but some patterns can only be found this way).
*snip*
I already have one, but it needed a simulation prorgam to run. Can anyone help me?
I improved Disaster a bit, so now it is 1.3 times faster than C++. I made one that generates random 24x24 patterns. It uses HASH-576 tech, to upload to a database called Dissearch and confirm it is actually random. I just updated it to get 1x576 and 2x288 symmetries.

Dissearch.dis 3141.59 MB (download)
OOC: I'm deciding that this is not inline with our progression. C++ is compiled, with extreme optimization, directly to MACHINE CODE, which Disaster, no matter the interpereter/compiler, cannot really surpass. Also, please be a bit considerate with the search programs; This is meant to be a sort of apgsearch, and will be emulated by real apgsearch; please provide a working stdin soup script so we can actually upload hauls.

I don't mean to come off as rude here, I'm just saying that I expect a soup-searcher to take pretty long to develop, and that we shouldn't be elevating Disaster to above C++, which has decades of optimization in its compilers.

Edit: can you also provide the syntax of Disaster? (I really like making interpereters)

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 19, rule = B3-qy4e5j6i/S2-cn3-k4i
3$3bo$2b3o2$3bo$4b2o4$3bo$2b2o!
Post Reply