(Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

I think this is the first period-10 repeater.

Code: Select all

x = 17, y = 15, rule = B3/S23
2o3bo5bo3b2o$obobobo3bobobobo$2bob2o5b2obo$b2o11b2o$4b2o5b2o$b2o2bo5b
o2b2o$o2b2o7b2o2bo$b2o11b2o2$6b2ob2o$4bo2bobo2bo$4b3o3b3o$7b3o$6bo3bo
$6b2ob2o!
It even has a tiny SPARK, but I don't see where that could be used.

Code: Select all

x = 47, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
2b2o3bo5bo3b2o11b2o3bo5bo3b2o$2bobobobo3bobobobo11bobobobo3bobobobo$4b
ob2o5b2obo15bob2o5b2obo$3b2o11b2o13b2o11b2o$5b3o5b3o17b3o5b3o$3b2o3bo
3bo3b2o13b2o3bo3bo3b2o$2bobo3bo3bo3bobo11bobo3bo3bo3bobo$2bo15bo11bo15b
o$9bobo25bobo$3bo5bobo5bo13bo5bobo5bo$2o4bo2bobo2bo14bo4bo2bobo2bo$2o
4b3o3b3o14bo4b3o3b3o$9b3o17bo7b3o$8bo3bo8b2o6bo6bo3bo$8b2ob2o8bobo12b
2ob2o$21bo!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
C_R_116
Posts: 870
Joined: April 15th, 2021, 2:49 pm
Location: At my home doing other random stuff.

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by C_R_116 »

Look at this repeater regenerate itself from this reaction:

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
13bo$11b3o$10bo$10b2o4$5bo5bo$2bo2bo5bo$2bo2bo5bo$b2o$7b3o$2o!
This new p46 sparker gun. (Some squares are moved and added to avoid overlapping with the catalyst.)

Code: Select all

x = 37, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
24b2o$24b2o$36bo$17b2o15b3o$2o15bobo5b2o6bo$2o17bo5b2o6b2o$17b3o2$30b
3o$29bo3bo$17b3o9bo3bo$2o17bo9bo3bo$2o15bobo10b3o$17b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Some useless period-124 repeater:

Code: Select all

x = 43, y = 56, rule = B3/S23
26b2o$27bo$25bo$22bo2b5o$20b5o5bo$19bo4b6o$20b3o6bo$22bo2b4o$26b3o2$26b
o$15b2o8b2o$14bo2bo6b2o$14b3o2b7o$17b2o$16bo11b2o$16b2obo3bo4bo$21bo4b
obo$26b2o$40b2o$40bobo$b2o34b2obobo$obo34bobobo$obob2o33bo$bobobo33b2o
$3bo35b3o$3b2o34b3o$3b3o33b3o$3b3o9b3o21b3o$3b3o7b2o2bo21b2o$3b3o7bo2b
2o21bo$3b2o8b3o21bobobo$3bo33b2obobo$bobobo34bobo$obob2o15bo18b2o$obo
18bo$b2o$15b2o$14bobo$14bo10b2o$13b2o4b5o2bo$18bo5b2o$26b3o$17b2o4bob
o2bo$16bo4bo4b2o$15b2o$15b2o$16b2o$13b2o2bo2bo$15bo4b3o$12bob5o4bo$12b
o5b5o$13b5o2bo$17bo$15bo$15b2o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
squareroot12621
Posts: 717
Joined: March 23rd, 2022, 4:53 pm

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by squareroot12621 »

Did you know that a cardinal repeater can remove half of a stream of movers?*

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 47, rule = B3/S23
b2o$3o$2obo$b3o$2bo3$2b2o$2b3o$bob2o$b3o$2bo3$b2o$3o$2obo$b3o$2bo3$2b
2o$2b3o$bob2o$b3o$2bo3$b2o$3o$2obo$b3o6b2o$2bo7bobo$7b2obobo$7bobobo$
2b2o5bo$2b3o2bo2bo$bob2o5bo$b3o2bo3bo$2bo3bo3bo$10bo$7bo2bo$9bo$7bobo
bo$7b2obobo$10bobo$10b2o!
*The movers must go to the same place after 4n+2 generations.
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

squareroot12621 wrote: July 17th, 2023, 10:26 am Did you know that a cardinal repeater can remove half of a stream of movers?*

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 47, rule = B3/S23
b2o$3o$2obo$b3o$2bo3$2b2o$2b3o$bob2o$b3o$2bo3$b2o$3o$2obo$b3o$2bo3$2b
2o$2b3o$bob2o$b3o$2bo3$b2o$3o$2obo$b3o6b2o$2bo7bobo$7b2obobo$7bobobo$
2b2o5bo$2b3o2bo2bo$bob2o5bo$b3o2bo3bo$2bo3bo3bo$10bo$7bo2bo$9bo$7bobo
bo$7b2obobo$10bobo$10b2o!
*The movers must go to the same place after 4n+2 generations.
A bird repeater can do the same thing.

Code: Select all

 x = 13, y = 46, rule = B3/S23
b2o$3o$2obo$b3o$2bo3$2b2o$2b3o$bob2o$b3o$2bo3$b2o$3o$2obo$b3o$2bo3$2b
2o$2b3o$bob2o$b3o$2bo3$b2o$3o$2obo$b3o6b2o$2bo7bobo$7b2obobo$7bobobo$
2b2o5bo$2b3o2bo2bo$bob2o5bo$b3o2bo3bo$2bo7bo$7bo2bo$9bo$7bobobo$7b2ob
obo$10bobo$10b2o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

A boring period-6 SPARK emitter, not that good clearance but enough to be usable:

Code: Select all

 x = 30, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
10bo2bo$4b2o7bo2b2o6b2o$4bo3bo4bo2bob3o4bo$5bo2bobo3bo3b3o3bo$2obobob
o10bo5bobob2o$ob2obobob2o8b2obobob2obo$6b2obo10bob2o$9bo10bo$9b2o8b2o
!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

(I know I'm multiposting.)
This is annoying. It's two cells off from being a smaller period-5 dot emitter.

Code: Select all

x = 51, y = 23, rule = LifeHistory
9.A32.A$7.A3.A28.A3.A$24.3F$6.A5.A11.F14.A5.A$4.3A.3A.3A9.3F10.3A.3A.
3A$3.A3.2A.2A3.A10.F9.A3.2A.2A3.A$3.A2.2A.A.2A2.A8.3F9.A2.2A.A.2A2.A$
2.2A.A7.A.2A18.2A.A7.A.2A$3.A2.2A3.2A2.A20.A2.2A3.2A2.A$2.A2.A.A.A.A.
A2.A8.F9.A2.A.A.A.A.A2.A$3.2A.A5.A.2A10.F9.2A.A5.A.2A$5.2A5.2A9.5F10.
2A5.2A$3.2A9.2A10.F9.2A9.2A$3.A11.A9.F10.A11.A$4.A9.A22.A9.A$5.3A3.3A
24.3A3.3A$6.A.A.A.A26.A.A.A.A$7.AC.CA28.AD.DA!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
lk050807
Posts: 113
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm
Location: One hour from a river were salmons leap.

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by lk050807 »

I've been busy updating RLE and Lifeviewer.
Three miscellaneous founds:

Code: Select all

x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23 
2o2bo$o3bo$o2b2o!

Something that makes 12 ants.

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 7, rule = B3/S23 
3b2o$b3obo$o4bo$2o3b2o$bo4bo$bob3o$2b2o!
I`ll name it flower.

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$b3obo$o4bo$2o3b2o$bo4bo$bob3o$2b2o3bo!
I put a dot near flower.
Hey, what`s that:

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2ob2o$bobobo$bobobo$2obob2o$3bo2bo$3b2o!
Can somebody name it?

P.S.:
I got Lifeviewer to simulate other rules:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6067
"For the snark is a boojum, you see."
The P3 guy.

Whaz this?

Please support HeartLife

HELP WANTED!
I discovered a new p101 SKOP! Its md5 hash is: b5de045f2a2f5a35160f69afd5ba9572!
Now apgsearching so, not online.
User avatar
C_R_116
Posts: 870
Joined: April 15th, 2021, 2:49 pm
Location: At my home doing other random stuff.

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by C_R_116 »

I was filling squares. When I headed onto 83. I found 4 small P6 Sparkers. I call the sparker, "Vertex."

Code: Select all

x = 83, y = 83, rule = B3/S23
83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$
83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$
83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$
83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$
83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o$83o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Period-36 repeater. The large emitter at the top took several days to find, despite actually being smaller than the other period-6 dot emitter. Smaller solutions likely exist.

Code: Select all

 x = 31, y = 47, rule = B3/S23
10bo$9b3o$3b2o4b3o4b2o$3bobo3b3o3bobo$5bo9bo$5b2o7b2o$8b5o$3b15o$2bo6b
3o6bo$2bo2b4obob4o2bo$b2obo3b2ob2o3bob2o$o3b2o2bo3bo2b2o3bo$3o6b3o6b3o
$3b5o5b5o$2bo4b2obob2o4bo$2b2o2b3obob3o2b2o$10bo7$4b2o$4b2o2$10bo$10b
o$9bobo5bo$10bo5bobo$10bo6bo2$9bo$8bobo$8bobo$9bo3$11bo2bo$5b2o7bo2b2o
6b2o$5bo3bo4bo2bob3o4bo$6bo2bobo3bo3b3o3bo$b2obobobo10bo5bobob2o$bob2o
bobob2o8b2obobob2obo$7b2obo10bob2o$10bo10bo$10b2o8b2o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

What's this 6-cell thing? Is it new?

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 23, rule = B3/S23
19bo$19bo$19bo2$15b3o$21bo$19b2obo$18b2o2bo$17bobo$11b2o5bo$11b2o6bob
2o$20b3o$23bo$17b2o$16bo2bo$16bobo$17bo3$2o$o$bo14b3o$2o!
Anyways, I found it from a reaction that converts a repeater into it.
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
lk050807
Posts: 113
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm
Location: One hour from a river were salmons leap.

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by lk050807 »

hotcrystal0 wrote: July 24th, 2023, 10:20 am What's this 6-cell thing? Is it new?

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 23, rule = B3/S23
19bo$19bo$19bo2$15b3o$21bo$19b2obo$18b2o2bo$17bobo$11b2o5bo$11b2o6bob
2o$20b3o$23bo$17b2o$16bo2bo$16bobo$17bo3$2o$o$bo14b3o$2o!
Anyways, I found it from a reaction that converts a repeater into it.
No, it`s not:
lk050807 wrote: April 16th, 2023, 11:43 am Wow!

Code: Select all

x = 2, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
2o$bo$o$2o!
[snip]
I find that this thingie can be used in this transformer:

Code: Select all

x = 6, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
b2o$2bo$bo$b2o6$o3b2o$2o2b2o$b2o$2o!
[[ STOP 59 ]]
"For the snark is a boojum, you see."
The P3 guy.

Whaz this?

Please support HeartLife

HELP WANTED!
I discovered a new p101 SKOP! Its md5 hash is: b5de045f2a2f5a35160f69afd5ba9572!
Now apgsearching so, not online.
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Blueman’s Collection July was due a week ago. Where is it?
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
bluemanofgrapes
Posts: 96
Joined: April 10th, 2023, 6:17 am
Location: Scotland

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by bluemanofgrapes »

hotcrystal0 wrote: July 27th, 2023, 8:59 pm Blueman’s Collection July was due a week ago. Where is it?
Was on vacation, I'm moving it to the last day of every month.
In the meantime take a small p12 and some things it can do:

Code: Select all

x = 48, y = 22, rule = B3/S23
18bobobo$3ob3o11bobobo$3bo6bo3bo3bo3bo$2o3b2o3bob3o4bobo$3bo6bo3bo3bo
3bo$3ob3o11bobobo$18bobobo3$3ob3o19b3ob3o$3bo6bo3bo3bo3bo6bo$2o3b2o3b
ob3o3b3obo3b2o3b2o$3bo6bo3bo3bo3bo6bo$3ob3o19b3ob3o4$3ob3o19bobo12b3o
b3o$3bo6bo3bo3bo3bo3bobo4bo3bo6bo$2o3b2o3bob3o3b3obo6bo3b3obo3b2o3b2o
$3bo6bo3bo3bo3bo3bobo4bo3bo6bo$3ob3o19bobo12b3ob3o!
As time goes by, we are discovering more and more every year.
Guns 'n' Gliders:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6005
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

A new small period-5 corner emitter(similar to vertex):

Code: Select all

 x = 16, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
11bo2bo$11bo$2o8bo4bo$o2b2o4bob2ob2o$b2o2bo2b2o$3b2o3bo$obo5bo$2obobo
b2o$3bo3bo$3bobob2o$4b2obo$9bo$8b2o!
Edit: Period-45 repeater partial; There are numerous SPARKs and placements that work, all that’s needed is for it to delete the junk. Ant is probably unsalvageable

Code: Select all

 x = 31, y = 35, rule = B3/S23
5b2o2b2o$5bo2bobo$6bobo$3b3obobo$2bo2bobobo$2b2o4bo$5bo$2b2obobo$o2bo
b5o$2o4bob2o$8bob2o$9bobo$10bo2$9b2o$9b2o3$15b3o3bo$13bo4bo2bo$10b2o7b
o$9bo8bo$10b8o5b6o$22bo6bo$21bo8bo$22bo6bo$23b6o4$9bo6bo$8b2o6b2o$7b3o
6b3o$8b2o6b2o$9bo6bo!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
squareroot12621
Posts: 717
Joined: March 23rd, 2022, 4:53 pm

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by squareroot12621 »

Nope.

Code: Select all

x = 33, y = 35, rule = B3/S23
5b2o2b2o$5bo2bobo$6bobo$3b3obobo$2bo2bobobo12b2o2b2o$2b2o4bo13bobo2bo
$5bo18bobo$2b2obobo15bobob3o$o2bob5o13bobo4bo$2o4bob2o14bo2bob2o$8bob
2o$9bobo15b4o$10bo13b4obo2bo$23b2o6b2o$9b2o11bo$9b2o9b2obo$23bo2$15b3o
2bo2bo$13bo4bo3b2o$10b2o7bo$9bo8bo$10b8o5b6o$22bo6bo$21bo8bo$22bo6bo$
23b6o4$9bo6bo$8b2o6b2o$7b3o6b3o$8b2o6b2o$9bo6bo!
Come on…

Code: Select all

x = 35, y = 35, rule = B3/S23
5b2o2b2o$5bo2bobo$6bobo$3b3obobo$2bo2bobobo$2b2o4bo$5bo19b2o$2b2obobo
17bo$o2bob5o17bob2o$2o4bob2o16b2obobo$8bob2o15bo3bo$9bobo14b2obobob2o
$10bo15bo5bobo$26bo3b2o$9b2o14b2o2bo2b2o$9b2o8b2ob2obo4b2o2bo$19bo4bo
8b2o$23bo$15b3o2bo2bo$13bo4bo$10b2o7bo$9bo8bo$10b8o5b6o$22bo6bo$21bo8b
o$22bo6bo$23b6o4$9bo6bo$8b2o6b2o$7b3o6b3o$8b2o6b2o$9bo6bo!
Hmm…

Code: Select all

x = 31, y = 35, rule = B3/S23
5b2o2b2o$5bo2bobo$6bobo$3b3obobo$2bo2bobobo$2b2o4bo$5bo$2b2obobo$o2bo
b5o$2o4bob2o$8bob2o$9bobo$10bo2$9b2o$9b2o$21bo$20bo$15b3o2b3o$13bo4bo
$10b2o7bo$9bo8bo$10b8o5b6o$22bo6bo$21bo8bo$22bo6bo$23b6o4$9bo6bo$8b2o
6b2o$7b3o6b3o$8b2o6b2o$9bo6bo!
Done!

Code: Select all

x = 74, y = 73, rule = B3/S23
57bo6bo$56b2o6b2o$55b3o6b3o$56b2o6b2o$57bo6bo4$45b6o$44bo6bo$43bo8bo$
44bo6bo$45b6o5b8o$55bo8bo$54bo7b2o$55bo4bo$51b3o2b3o$53bo$52bo$63b2o$
63b2o$54bobo$54b2o7bo$55bo6bobo$62b2obo$64b2obo4b2o$64b5obo2bo$40b2o24b
obob2o$41b2o25bo$40bo24bo4b2o$64bobobo2bo$64bobob3o$43bo21bobo$43bobo
17bobo2bo$43b2o18b2o2b2o4$5b2o2b2o18b2o$5bo2bobo17bobo$6bobo21bo$3b3o
bobo$2bo2bobobo$2b2o4bo24bo$5bo25b2o$2b2obobo24b2o$o2bob5o$2o4bob2o$8b
ob2o$9bobo6bo$10bo7b2o$17bobo$9b2o$9b2o$21bo$20bo$15b3o2b3o$13bo4bo$10b
2o7bo$9bo8bo$10b8o5b6o$22bo6bo$21bo8bo$22bo6bo$23b6o4$9bo6bo$8b2o6b2o
$7b3o6b3o$8b2o6b2o$9bo6bo!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

squareroot12621 wrote: July 28th, 2023, 10:10 pm Done!

Code: Select all

x = 74, y = 73, rule = B3/S23
57bo6bo$56b2o6b2o$55b3o6b3o$56b2o6b2o$57bo6bo4$45b6o$44bo6bo$43bo8bo$
44bo6bo$45b6o5b8o$55bo8bo$54bo7b2o$55bo4bo$51b3o2b3o$53bo$52bo$63b2o$
63b2o$54bobo$54b2o7bo$55bo6bobo$62b2obo$64b2obo4b2o$64b5obo2bo$40b2o24b
obob2o$41b2o25bo$40bo24bo4b2o$64bobobo2bo$64bobob3o$43bo21bobo$43bobo
17bobo2bo$43b2o18b2o2b2o4$5b2o2b2o18b2o$5bo2bobo17bobo$6bobo21bo$3b3o
bobo$2bo2bobobo$2b2o4bo24bo$5bo25b2o$2b2obobo24b2o$o2bob5o$2o4bob2o$8b
ob2o$9bobo6bo$10bo7b2o$17bobo$9b2o$9b2o$21bo$20bo$15b3o2b3o$13bo4bo$10b
2o7bo$9bo8bo$10b8o5b6o$22bo6bo$21bo8bo$22bo6bo$23b6o4$9bo6bo$8b2o6b2o
$7b3o6b3o$8b2o6b2o$9bo6bo!
That’s interesting. It shuttles ants back and forth, but it also needs a constant stream of ants to support itself. Shouldn’t this type of repeater be called a “dependent ant reflector”?
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

I know this is a doublepost, but what's this new period-15 repeater? It consists of two things supported by a starline.

Code: Select all

x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
7b3o$3o3bo3bo3b3o$3o2bo5bo2b3o2$obobo7bobobo$obobo7bobobo2$3o2bo5bo2b
3o$3o3bo3bo3b3o$7b3o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

Last edited by hotcrystal0 on August 3rd, 2023, 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

(Am I the only one contributing to this thread?)
I have come this far to find a one-purpose period-4 repeater: to complete a period-52 partial.

Code: Select all

x = 38, y = 42, rule = B3/S23
5b2o$6bo$5bo$5b2o$8b2o7b2o$5b3obo8bo$4bo11bo$4bobo4b2o3b5obo$7b4o10b2o
$5bo3bo2bobo3b2o$10bobobobobob3o3bo4b2o$6b3o2bo3b3o4bo3b3o3bo$16bo5bo
b2o3bo2bob2o$23bo2bobobobo2bo$24bobo3bobo$31bobo$26b2o2b2obo2bo$23bo2b
o6b3obo$7bo16bob5o3bobo$6bobo18bo3bobobo$6bobo19b2obob2o$3b2obob2o19b
obo$2bobobo4b2o5b3o8bobo$bobo3b2ob3o4bo3bo8bo$ob3o4bo2bo3bo5bo$bo2bob
2o2bobo4bo3bo$4bo3bo3bo5b3o$5bob2o3b2o$2bo2bobo2bo3bo6bo$2b2obo2bo3b2o
bo5bo$5bo3b3o3bo10b3o$5b2o4bo3b3obob2o3b6o$18b6obo6bo$15b2o8bo6bo$15b
ob5o3b2o5b2o$21bo11bo$19bo8bob3o$19b2o7b2o$31b2o$32bo$31bo$31b2o!
Edit the next day: slight reduction:

Code: Select all

 x = 38, y = 42, rule = B3/S23
5b2o$6bo$5bo$5b2o$8b2o$5b3obo$4bo11bo2bo$4bobo4b2o3b4o$7b4o$5bo3bo2bo
bo3b4o3b2o$10bobobobobo2bo3bo5b2o$6b3o2bo3b3o8b3o3bo$16bo6b3o3bo2bob2o
$23bo2bobobobo2bo$24bobo3bobo$31bobo$26b2o2b2obo2bo$23bo2bo6b3obo$7bo
16bob5o3bobo$6bobo18bo3bobobo$6bobo19b2obob2o$3b2obob2o19bobo$2bobobo
4b2o5b3o8bobo$bobo3b2ob3o4bo3bo8bo$ob3o4bo2bo3bo5bo$bo2bob2o2bobo4bo3b
o$4bo3bo3bo5b3o$5bob2o3b2o$2bo2bobo2bo3bo6bo$2b2obo2bo3b3o6bo$5bo3b3o
14b3o$5b2o5bo3bo2bob2o3b6o$11b2o3b8obo6bo$25bo6bo$18b4o3b2o5b2o$18bo2b
o11bo$28bob3o$28b2o$31b2o$32bo$31bo$31b2o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Disaster16439
Posts: 339
Joined: June 30th, 2023, 9:17 am
Location: Teyvat

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by Disaster16439 »

Questions August:
Is there a stable 1glider-to 4?
Is there a 33.3% snail?
Is there a 25.0% snail?
Is there a (25.0%,25.0%) snail(not like that baugette-lengthener, but something that makes disconected objects)?
How slow can a mover be in B3/S23?
How slow can a mover be in any rule?
Is there a rule without a common mover?
Is there a 2-ant AT for any of these objects:sun,starline,rectangle,nebula,fishhook,bo$obo$bo!,bo$obo$b2o!,2o$obo$b2o!,baugette,the mover,bird,or the cardinal? If an object doesn't have a 2-ant AT, is there a 3-ant AT for it?
Is there an object with an N-ant AT but not an N+1-ant AT?
How many 2-ant ATs are there?
How many 3-ant ATs are there?

Code: Select all

x=0,y=0,rule=B34q/S23-k
14b3o$13bo3bo$13b2ob2o9$15bo$15bo$b2o12bo12b2o$obo25bobo$o10b3o3b3o10b
o$obo25bobo$b2o12bo12b2o$15bo$15bo9$13b2ob2o$13bo3bo$14b3o!
[[ LOOP 200 THEME POISON AUTOSTART T 0 PAUSE 0.3 ]]
I’m sandless :D
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

This looks promising for a period-36 ant factory:

Code: Select all

x = 62, y = 67, rule = B3/S23
24b2o$20b2o2bobo$20bo2bob2o$22b3obob2o$18b4o3bo2bo$18bo3bo5bo$20bobob
4o$19b2ob2o$22bo2b3o$22bo5bob2o$20bobo5bobo$19bobob4obobo$18bo2bob4ob
2o$17bo3bo$18b3o2bo2bob2o$20bobo6bo$2o19b2o3b2o$bo20b2ob2ob4o$bobo19b
o2bobo2bo$2b2o9b2o21bo10b2o$11b2o2bo7bo3bo6b3o6b2o2bobo$11bo2b3o8bo7b
o9bo2bob2o$11bo4bo16b2o10b3obob2o$12b5o6b2o16b4o3bo2bo$14b2o6b5o14bo3b
o5bo$22bo4bo15bobob4o$13bo8b3o2bo14b2ob2o$11bo3bo7bo2b2o17bo2b3o$24b2o
5bo13bo5bob2o$7bo2bobo2bo13bobo11bobo5bobo$7b4ob2ob2o13b2o10bobob4obo
bo$11b2o3b2o23bo2bob4ob2o$9bo6bobo21bo3bo$9b2obo2bo2b3o20b3o2bo2bob2o
$17bo3bo21bobo6bo$9b2ob4obo2bo23b2o3b2o$8bobob4obobo10b2o13b2ob2ob4o$
8bobo5bobo11bobo13bo2bobo2bo$7b2obo5bo13bo5b2o$11b3o2bo17b2o2bo7bo3bo
$15b2ob2o14bo2b3o8bo$11b4obobo15bo4bo$10bo5bo3bo14b5o6b2o$10bo2bo3b4o
16b2o6b5o$9b2obob3o10b2o16bo4bo$12b2obo2bo9bo7bo8b3o2bo$12bobo2b2o6b3o
6bo3bo7bo2b2o$13b2o10bo21b2o9b2o$30bo2bobo2bo19bobo$30b4ob2ob2o20bo$34b
2o3b2o19b2o$32bo6bobo$32b2obo2bo2b3o$40bo3bo$32b2ob4obo2bo$31bobob4ob
obo$31bobo5bobo$30b2obo5bo$34b3o2bo$38b2ob2o$34b4obobo$33bo5bo3bo$33b
o2bo3b4o$32b2obob3o$35b2obo2bo$35bobo2b2o$36b2o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

(sorry for doubleposting. I’m only doing it because I’m basically the only contributor.) What?! What’s this new period-40 repeater?

Code: Select all

 x = 17, y = 18, rule = B3/S23
6b2o$5b2o2b2o$2o4bobobo$2o4bo3bo$7bobo$7b3o7$7b3o$7bobo$6bo3bo4b2o$6b
obobo4b2o$6b2o2b2o$9b2o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
User avatar
confocaloid
Posts: 6697
Joined: February 8th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Location: learn to protect yourself against stray gliders and sparks and self-destruct mechanisms

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by confocaloid »

hotcrystal0 wrote: July 31st, 2023, 10:15 am
squareroot12621 wrote: July 28th, 2023, 10:10 pm Done!

Code: Select all

x = 74, y = 73, rule = B3/S23
57bo6bo$56b2o6b2o$55b3o6b3o$56b2o6b2o$57bo6bo4$45b6o$44bo6bo$43bo8bo$
44bo6bo$45b6o5b8o$55bo8bo$54bo7b2o$55bo4bo$51b3o2b3o$53bo$52bo$63b2o$
63b2o$54bobo$54b2o7bo$55bo6bobo$62b2obo$64b2obo4b2o$64b5obo2bo$40b2o24b
obob2o$41b2o25bo$40bo24bo4b2o$64bobobo2bo$64bobob3o$43bo21bobo$43bobo
17bobo2bo$43b2o18b2o2b2o4$5b2o2b2o18b2o$5bo2bobo17bobo$6bobo21bo$3b3o
bobo$2bo2bobobo$2b2o4bo24bo$5bo25b2o$2b2obobo24b2o$o2bob5o$2o4bob2o$8b
ob2o$9bobo6bo$10bo7b2o$17bobo$9b2o$9b2o$21bo$20bo$15b3o2b3o$13bo4bo$10b
2o7bo$9bo8bo$10b8o5b6o$22bo6bo$21bo8bo$22bo6bo$23b6o4$9bo6bo$8b2o6b2o
$7b3o6b3o$8b2o6b2o$9bo6bo!
That’s interesting. It shuttles ants back and forth, but it also needs a constant stream of ants to support itself. Shouldn’t this type of repeater be called a “dependent ant reflector”?
For the repeater, maybe something like "45-step ant shuttle"? (because of those ants going back and forth) An ant reflector would be something like one of those two things at the ends.
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.
User avatar
hotcrystal0
Posts: 4642
Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
Location: wherever you think I am

Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!

Post by hotcrystal0 »

I found a new period-40 repeater:

Code: Select all

x = 41, y = 29, rule = B3/S23
10bo2bobo22b2o$8b2obob3o21bo2bo$9bo6bo21b2o$8b2o5bo22b2o$39b2o$9bo5b2o
21b3o$8bo6bo23b2o$9b3obob2o9b3o8bo$9bobo2bo11bo12bo$28bo8b3o$25b2o$25b
3o$25b2o$19bo6b2o$18b3o5b2o$17b5o3bo2bo$4b2o10bo5bo3b2o$3b4o8b2o2bo$2b
ob2ob2obo3b3obobo$7b2o2bo3b2o2bo$2b2o2b2o2b3o3bo7b2o$2b4obo2b3o4b4o3b
obo$bo2bo3bo2bo6b3o5bo$3o2bob4o8bo6b2o$3o2b2o2b2o$bo2b2o$2bob2ob2obo$
6b4o$7b2o!
109 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.

Code: Select all

x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!
Post Reply