(Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
(Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
(So here we pretend CGOL was jist discovered and look for patterns from tiny scribbles at first like Conway did in his time. Later we may turn into engineering and all it but first be small, please for the sake of realisticness.)
Hey, everyone! B3/S23 is a super awesome rule I just discovered. I'd like to call it AwesomeLife if you agree.
Lemme explain its rules: This is done in turns. B stands for cell birth. B3 means every turn empty cells that have 3 neighbours are born. S23 means cells that have 2 or 3 neighbours survive into the next turn, otherwise they don't.
Let's hope it gains at least some activity in this world where mostly everyone only ever heard of JvN29.
Here's a random pattern for you to run on paper! B are live cells and O are not. It seems to weirdly turn symmetric even though it definitely isn't at the start. It eventually after a long day of simulation seems to make four copies of a weird object that seems to stop changing forever that I'll call the square. I wonder if that is significant...
O O O
B O O
O B O
O B B
O O B
O O B
Here's the square:
B B
B B
Hey, everyone! B3/S23 is a super awesome rule I just discovered. I'd like to call it AwesomeLife if you agree.
Lemme explain its rules: This is done in turns. B stands for cell birth. B3 means every turn empty cells that have 3 neighbours are born. S23 means cells that have 2 or 3 neighbours survive into the next turn, otherwise they don't.
Let's hope it gains at least some activity in this world where mostly everyone only ever heard of JvN29.
Here's a random pattern for you to run on paper! B are live cells and O are not. It seems to weirdly turn symmetric even though it definitely isn't at the start. It eventually after a long day of simulation seems to make four copies of a weird object that seems to stop changing forever that I'll call the square. I wonder if that is significant...
O O O
B O O
O B O
O B B
O O B
O O B
Here's the square:
B B
B B
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- bibunsekibun
- Posts: 345
- Joined: April 17th, 2021, 7:58 pm
- Location: Japan
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
I lined up 3 living cells, and after 2 steps, they reverted to their original shape!
What should we call this pattern?
What should we call this pattern?
sorry I can only speak Japanese, English is made by machine translation
I'm a fan of methuselahs
I'm a fan of methuselahs
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Hmmm. That's weird. Never seen such a thing. Sounds like an entirely new thing. Perhaps we could call it a repeater?bibunsekibun wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:20 am I lined up 3 living cells, and after 2 steps, they reverted to their original shape!
What should we call this pattern?
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
It seems that out of all 16 possibilities in 2x2 cells, the square is the only one that survives more than 1 generation, which makes sense. But I found a 3x3 pattern that is stable like the square.
O B O
B O B
O B O
It even seems you can add a cell in the corner of this pattern and it's still stable! What do we call these types of patterns as a whole?
O B O
B O B
O B O
It even seems you can add a cell in the corner of this pattern and it's still stable! What do we call these types of patterns as a whole?
Code: Select all
x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
- synperiplanar
- Posts: 280
- Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
- Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
so what would we name the repeater?
let's call it... the rhombus, analogous to the square. rutabaga the race is on to find the rarest hand-picked SL in a souprutabaga wrote: March 10th, 2023, 9:10 am It seems that out of all 16 possibilities in 2x2 cells, the square is the only one that survives more than 1 generation, which makes sense. But I found a 3x3 pattern that is stable like the square.
O B O
B O B
O B O
It even seems you can add a cell in the corner of this pattern and it's still stable! What do we call these types of patterns as a whole?
breathe in, bleed out
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Here's rutabaga's 2 new discoveries.
get_Snacked, I meant let's call tge pattern the repeater.
Here's rutabaga's patterns:
O B B
B O B
O B O
O B B
B O B
B B O
The first apparently appeared in my first sequence but got destroyed.
What about tie for the first one and brick for the second?
get_Snacked, I meant let's call tge pattern the repeater.
Here's rutabaga's patterns:
O B B
B O B
O B O
O B B
B O B
B B O
The first apparently appeared in my first sequence but got destroyed.
What about tie for the first one and brick for the second?
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- synperiplanar
- Posts: 280
- Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
- Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
huh, maybe we should do something that correlates each of them because one on cell is added on the other.
maybe the first one should be arrow and the second should be divider
first naming poll:
oh, would you look at that: a lot of them evolved into this:
OOBBBOO
OOOOOOO
BOOOOOB
BOOOOOB
BOOOOOB
OOOOOOO
OOBBBOO
maybe the first one should be arrow and the second should be divider
first naming poll:
- tie | brick
- arrow | divider
oh, would you look at that: a lot of them evolved into this:
OOBBBOO
OOOOOOO
BOOOOOB
BOOOOOB
BOOOOOB
OOOOOOO
OOBBBOO
Last edited by synperiplanar on March 10th, 2023, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
breathe in, bleed out
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Great! I agree.
Yet another stable sequence found emanating from this box:
B B
B B
B B
It turns into
O B B O
B O O B
O B B O
which is stable.
Perhaps the puff due to how it looks like an exploding box? The first pattern is the box then.
(Could you please delay the discovery of tge glider as much as possible? I want for it to look like a big surprise.)
Yet another stable sequence found emanating from this box:
B B
B B
B B
It turns into
O B B O
B O O B
O B B O
which is stable.
Perhaps the puff due to how it looks like an exploding box? The first pattern is the box then.
(Could you please delay the discovery of tge glider as much as possible? I want for it to look like a big surprise.)
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- synperiplanar
- Posts: 280
- Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
- Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
i agree on calling it puff. i have almost finished all 3x3 sequences, that i can't just finish with my mind:
OOB
OBO
BBB
so i made a computer algorithm to compute it. Here is how it works:
The notation header is anything from ([nothing]-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)|([nothing]-0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) where the left is what a cell needs to survive and the right is what it needs to be born.
so here is me running it on computer:
here is one interesting object that moves forward at its edge:
BOOBB
OBBBO
OOBOO
wow! what should we call this pattern, and the object it gives out so far?
btw don't post too frequently because mods will have to keep making sure things are good and it might get locked due to heavy moderation
OOB
OBO
BBB
so i made a computer algorithm to compute it. Here is how it works:
The notation header is anything from ([nothing]-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)|([nothing]-0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) where the left is what a cell needs to survive and the right is what it needs to be born.
so here is me running it on computer:
Code: Select all
#C 2,3|3
#C OOB
#C OBO
#C BBB
#C Wow! It Works!
x = 0, y = 0, rule = b3s23
2bo$bob$3o!
[[ THEME Inverse ]]
BOOBB
OBBBO
OOBOO
wow! what should we call this pattern, and the object it gives out so far?
btw don't post too frequently because mods will have to keep making sure things are good and it might get locked due to heavy moderation
Last edited by synperiplanar on March 10th, 2023, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
breathe in, bleed out
- synperiplanar
- Posts: 280
- Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
- Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
my bad--didn't read that.BokaBB wrote: March 10th, 2023, 9:27 am (Could you please delay the discovery of tge glider as much as possible? I want for it to look like a big surprise.)
breathe in, bleed out
- synperiplanar
- Posts: 280
- Joined: February 22nd, 2023, 4:01 pm
- Location: nowhere but also everywhere (uncertainty principle)
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
let's call the second one the car because it moves and puffs out "smoke."
anyways, now i've completed the first 300 generations of the emitter, and it still doesn't look anywhere near done yet. i still haven't found any new stable patterns. i think we should call the set of repeaters a "blinker" (
).
oh, i found something at generation 310! it's this!
ok i'm probably not going to post in here anymore for a while since i don't want to clog the sandbox
anyways, now i've completed the first 300 generations of the emitter, and it still doesn't look anywhere near done yet. i still haven't found any new stable patterns. i think we should call the set of repeaters a "blinker" (
oh, i found something at generation 310! it's this!
Code: Select all
#C 2,3|3
#C OBOO
#C BOBO
#C BOOB
#C OBBO
x = 0, y = 0, rule = b3s23
bo2b$obo$o2bo$b2ob!
[[ THEME Inverse ]]
Last edited by synperiplanar on March 10th, 2023, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
breathe in, bleed out
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Wow! A new stable one! Maybe steak? Looks delicious to me already...
Please slow down or we will overtake the current CGOL knowledge in a month or so :DDDDD ...
Please slow down or we will overtake the current CGOL knowledge in a month or so :DDDDD ...
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
I say we should name the repeater Charlie
or Charley the Repeater
or
Repetitious Charlious
!
or Charley the Repeater
or
Repetitious Charlious
!
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Here's One :
OOOOBOO
OOOOOBB
OBBOOBB
BBOOBBB
BBOOOOO
A Group of Six and a Group of Eight
THEN
Something Symmetrical wants to Come into Being
BUT
That Repeater is THERE
a two-toes right underneath him stymies him into behaving
and after that, he is Purely Symmetrical
then a strange group of Four Repeaters appears
( these all seem to be injector FireClouds by-the-way... )
but Hungry Symmetry devours first the right-most Repeater
then the adjacent pair to the left
and finally tries to "get" the last guy
but instead a new group forms !
But Hungry Symmetry will not quit
and in the end only manages to "get" One Repeator
two more form along with two squares...
OOOOBOO
OOOOOBB
OBBOOBB
BBOOBBB
BBOOOOO
A Group of Six and a Group of Eight
THEN
Something Symmetrical wants to Come into Being
BUT
That Repeater is THERE
a two-toes right underneath him stymies him into behaving
and after that, he is Purely Symmetrical
then a strange group of Four Repeaters appears
( these all seem to be injector FireClouds by-the-way... )
but Hungry Symmetry devours first the right-most Repeater
then the adjacent pair to the left
and finally tries to "get" the last guy
but instead a new group forms !
But Hungry Symmetry will not quit
and in the end only manages to "get" One Repeator
two more form along with two squares...
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
- hotcrystal0
- Posts: 4642
- Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
- Location: wherever you think I am
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
This makes a weird moving thing...
Code: Select all
#C 2,3|3
#C BBBO
#C OOBB
#C OOOB
#C OBBB
x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
3o$2b2o$3bo$b3o!
Last edited by hotcrystal0 on August 4th, 2024, 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.
Code: Select all
x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
and there is that mysterious group of four repeaters again !get_snackeTWO wrote: March 10th, 2023, 9:25 am huh, maybe we should do something that correlates each of them because one on cell is added on the other.
maybe the first one should be arrow and the second should be divider
first naming poll:if you call one Arrow
- tie | brick
- arrow | divider
you Have To
call the other one Oblio
https://youtu.be/V6Qnd5vnpN0
let's run an exhaustive search on objects that are inside of 3x3 spaces!
oh, would you look at that: a lot of them evolved into this:
OOBBBOO
OOOOOOO
BOOOOOB
BOOOOOB
BOOOOOB
OOOOOOO
OOBBBOO
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
the object that forms from this I call theget_snackeTWO wrote: March 10th, 2023, 9:38 am i agree on calling it puff. i have almost finished all 3x3 sequences, that i can't just finish with my mind:
[ STUFF ]
here is one interesting object that moves forward at its edge:
BOOBB
OBBBO
OOBOO
wow! what should we call this pattern, and the object it gives out so far?
btw don't post too frequently because mods will have to keep making sure things are good and it might get locked due to heavy moderation
Infernal Jay
but if you guyze want to call it the car I agree because it DOES move and DOES puff out "smoke."
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://gol.jct.onl
ArtGallery : http://cgolart.onfav.net
VideoWS : http://conway.life
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
(Please keep this at a slow rate, even the glider is not known yet.)hotcrystal0 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:03 pm This makes a weird moving thing...Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3/S23 3o$2b2o$3bo$b3o!
Wow, that looks like it'll last painfully long... my phone is crashing...
I found this out of some doodles! Looks like another repeating thing! What to call it?
The 1st phase:
O B B B
B B B O
The 2nd phase:
O O B O
B O O B
B O O B
O B O O
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- hotcrystal0
- Posts: 4642
- Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
- Location: wherever you think I am
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
(in this universe, let's pretend that the LWSS was discovered before the glider. Let's also pretend that nothing after generation 200 was ran because I was like, "This will continue forever!!!")BokaBB wrote: March 11th, 2023, 5:28 am(Please keep this at a slow rate, even the glider is not known yet.)hotcrystal0 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:03 pm This makes a weird moving thing...Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3/S23 3o$2b2o$3bo$b3o!
Wow, that looks like it'll last painfully long... my phone is crashing...
I found this out of some doodles! Looks like another repeating thing! What to call it?
The 1st phase:
O B B B
B B B O
The 2nd phase:
O O B O
B O O B
B O O B
O B O O
I'll call it the duopeater, because in the 1st phase it looks like two repeaters stuck together.
Last edited by hotcrystal0 on March 11th, 2023, 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.
Code: Select all
x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
(Oh, I understand.)hotcrystal0 wrote: March 11th, 2023, 10:10 am(in this universe, let's pretend that the LWSS was discovered before the glider.)BokaBB wrote: March 11th, 2023, 5:28 am(Please keep this at a slow rate, even the glider is not known yet.)hotcrystal0 wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:03 pm This makes a weird moving thing...Code: Select all
x = 4, y = 4, rule = B3/S23 3o$2b2o$3bo$b3o!
Wow, that looks like it'll last painfully long... my phone is crashing...
I found this out of some doodles! Looks like another repeating thing! What to call it?
The 1st phase:
O B B B
B B B O
The 2nd phase:
O O B O
B O O B
B O O B
O B O O
I'll call it the duopeater, because in the 1st phase it looks like two repeaters stuck together.
Well that's revolutionary! A mover!
Hmmmm, if we could make something that could periodically emit movers somehow we may as well make some interesting things! Probably only a wild dream of me though.
New stable pattern:
O B B O
B O O B
B O O B
O B B O
What about big puff? Or eye?
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
No, I got it! The garden! Let's be a bit poetic ;DDDD ...
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- get_Snacked
- Posts: 542
- Joined: August 20th, 2022, 10:51 pm
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Code: Select all
x = 17, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
2o2bo7bo2b2o$b3o9b3o$2bo11bo!
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 3, rule = B3/S23
5o$o3bo$5o!
Code: Select all
x = 3, y = 3, rule = 2-a35-j8/2-ak34n5i78/3
.A$A.A$.A!
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
What about sun?
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
- hotcrystal0
- Posts: 4642
- Joined: July 3rd, 2020, 5:32 pm
- Location: wherever you think I am
Re: (Fun writing) Let's prefer CGOL has just been discovered!
Here's a random two-mover explosion:
Code: Select all
x = 25, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
2b2o$2ob2o$4o$b2o3$20b4o$20bo3bo$20bo$21bo2bo!108 days until New York's age verification law goes into effect.
Code: Select all
x = 192, y = 53, rule = B3/S23
33$42b4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o3$41b2o$39bo6bo$38bo8bo$38bo8bo$38b9o3$42b
4o$41b6o$40b2ob4o$41b2o!