This rule is essentially 2x2, with a bit of Morley mixed in, all in the style of Generations. A small pattern collection:
Code: Select all
x = 62, y = 46, rule = 124/3/3
25.A22.A$24.A22.3A$23.A22.A3.A$22.A23.A3.A10.A$21.A14.A2.A5.2A3.2A7.
3A$20.A16.2A19.A$19.A$18.A$3.2A5.A6.A40.A$9.A6.A9.2A31.3A$26.A2.A31.A
$28.2A$48.2A$47.A3.A$3.A44.4A$2.A16.A5.A$2.A.A6.2A7.A2.A.A22.2A$3.A7.
A6.A.A2.2A$10.2A6.2A17.A$35.3A$37.3A$26.2A9.A$24.A3.A$24.2A2.A2$.A6.A
38.A8.A$A.A4.A41.A8.A$.A5.A.A36.3A6.3A$8.A.A36.A8.A$10.A$9.A44.2A3$.A
17.2A$A.A16.A$A.A14.2A.A13.2A2.2A$.A15.A.4A14.A$20.A13.2A.A.2A$9.2A9.
A16.A$8.A2.A25.A15.2A$8.2A.A43.A.A$10.A15.A26.4A.A$.A14.2A7.A.A27.A2.
A$A.A12.A2.A5.A2.A28.A$A2.A11.A2.A5.A.A$.2A13.2A7.A!
I have not found any clean spaceships, but one potential mechanism would be a cleanup of the puffer's debris, which would result in a speed of 5c/23, which is really quite interesting. Also seen in the pattern collection is a domino acting as a snake in the original Life. The included p16 oscillator can eat the actual puffer engine with its (the oscillator's) block sparks, and I am leaving this for other people to find out for themselves. (It's actually not that hard, as I found it within about two minutes of searching without any search programs.) Of course, the p16 oscillator can't eat the puffer's past exhaust.