Marilyn

For discussion of specific patterns or specific families of patterns in Conway's Game of Life, both newly-discovered and well-known.
Post Reply
User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 152
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 11:18 am

Marilyn

Post by PM 2Ring »

Here's a pattern using the same techniques as the Golly logo ticker, except it "prints" a scrolling picture of Marilyn Monroe. I find it looks best at a scale of 2^2 : 1, viewed from a distance of 2 or 3 metres.
Attachments
Marilyn1S.rle.gz
Marilyn Monroe ticker
(26.35 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
User avatar
apg
Moderator
Posts: 3007
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 4:32 pm

Re: Marilyn

Post by apg »

That's very impressive. Did you write a Golly script to generate this?

If you used a multi-colour Life equivalent like QuadLife you could make a full-colour printer.


You can obtain the Golly rule table from:

http://ruletablerepository.googlecode.c ... oisson.zip

(Compatible with Golly 2.0 or later.)
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 152
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 11:18 am

Re: Marilyn

Post by PM 2Ring »

Thanks, calcyman! Yes, I created it with a Golly Python script, using an older version of Golly. But yes, it'd be fun to do a colour version. I'll post the script shortly, once I've written some docs for it. And I have a few other scripts I've been meaning to post, that also need docs. I haven't done much with Life for the last few weeks; I was spending far too much time on it, & thought I better have a break. :)
User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 152
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 11:18 am

Re: Marilyn

Post by PM 2Ring »

Please see the Scripts directory for a new script that makes these sorts of patterns using faster, more compact, p30 technology. FWIW, the new script also saves its output in the form of a self-extracting compressed Python script.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=45&p=1050#p1049

That post includes a "ConwayLife.com" ticker pattern (with no eaters to kill the LWSSs, in order to save space).
User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 152
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 11:18 am

John Horton Conway

Post by PM 2Ring »

This pattern is a portrait of John Conway rendered using p30 LWSSs. It was built using the latest version of my printer script.
Attachments
jhconway1aI_Printer.rle.gz
(67.04 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
User avatar
Extrementhusiast
Posts: 1970
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 11:24 pm
Location: USA

Re: Marilyn

Post by Extrementhusiast »

*gets shocked and has heart attack when 13 years old*

Ever thought to look at my profile?
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)
User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 152
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 11:18 am

Re: Marilyn

Post by PM 2Ring »

Extrementhusiast wrote:*gets shocked and has heart attack when 13 years old*
:? What shocked you, Extrementhusiast? And why is your age relevant?
Extrementhusiast wrote:Ever thought to look at my profile?
No. You seem pretty smart for a 13 year old, maybe even smarter than I was at that age. :D
Axaj
Posts: 231
Joined: September 26th, 2009, 12:23 am

Re: Marilyn

Post by Axaj »

calcyman wrote:If you used a multi-colour Life equivalent like QuadLife you could make a full-colour printer.
I guess this is a proof of concept:

Code: Select all

x = 2993, y = 747, rule = lifecolor
2354.4B7.2B$2353.B3.B6.B2.B12.2B$2353.B10.B2.2B11.2B$2354.B.2B.B4.B2.
B$2357.3B6.B2$2357.3B6.B$2356.2B.B4.B2.B$2355.B8.B2.2B$2356.2B6.B2.B$
2357.B7.2B3$2390.2B$2390.2B4$2469.4C7.2C$2384.B5.B77.C3.C6.C2.C12.2C$
2383.3B3.3B76.C10.C2.2C11.2C$2382.B2.2B.2B2.B76.C.2C.C4.C2.C$2382.B3.
B.B3.B79.3C6.C$2384.B.B.B.B$2472.3C6.C$2381.2B.2B3.2B.2B77.2C.C4.C2.C
$2383.B7.B78.C8.C2.2C$2471.2C6.C2.C$2472.C7.2C3$2390.B114.2C$2389.3B
113.2C$2388.B3.B$2387.B5.B$2387.B5.B$2388.B3.B191.4D7.2D$2499.C5.C77.
D3.D6.D2.D12.2D$2388.B3.B105.3C3.3C76.D10.D2.2D11.2D$2387.B5.B103.C2.
2C.2C2.C76.D.2D.D4.D2.D$2383.2B2.B5.B103.C3.C.C3.C79.3D6.D$2383.2B3.B
3.B106.C.C.C.C$2389.3B195.3D6.D$2390.B105.2C.2C3.2C.2C77.2D.D4.D2.D$
2498.C7.C78.D8.D2.2D$2586.2D6.D2.D$2587.D7.2D3$2505.C114.2D$2504.3C
113.2D$2503.C3.C$2502.C5.C89.D$2502.C5.C76.D11.2D$2503.C3.C76.D12.D.D
99.4A7.2A$2584.3D27.D5.D77.A3.A6.A2.A12.2A$2503.C3.C105.3D3.3D76.A10.
A2.2A11.2A$2502.C5.C103.D2.2D.2D2.D76.A.2A.A4.A2.A$2447.C50.2C2.C5.C
103.D3.D.D3.D79.3A6.A$2446.C51.2C3.C3.C106.D.D.D.D$2446.3C55.3C195.3A
6.A$2505.C105.2D.2D3.2D.2D77.2A.A4.A2.A$2613.D7.D78.A8.A2.2A$2701.2A
6.A2.A$2609.2D91.A7.2A$2573.D34.2D$2573.D.D34.D$2573.2D45.D114.2A$
2619.3D113.2A$2474.C143.D3.D$2435.C38.2C141.D5.D$2435.C.C35.C.C141.D
5.D$2435.2C181.D3.D191.4B7.2B$2729.A5.A77.B3.B6.B2.B12.2B$2618.D3.D
105.3A3.3A76.B10.B2.2B11.2B$2617.D5.D103.A2.2A.2A2.A76.B.2B.B4.B2.B$
2562.D37.2D11.2D2.D5.D103.A3.A.A3.A79.3B6.B$2561.D39.2D10.2D3.D3.D
106.A.A.A.A$2561.3D36.D18.3D195.3B6.B$2620.D105.2A.2A3.2A.2A77.2B.B4.
B2.B$2728.A7.A78.B8.B2.2B$2462.2C352.2B6.B2.B$2463.2C352.B7.2B$2462.C
225.A$2688.A.A$2688.2A45.A114.2B$2734.3A113.2B$2589.D143.A3.A$2589.2D
141.A5.A$2588.D.D141.A5.A$2733.A3.A191.4C7.2C$2844.B5.B77.C3.C6.C2.C
12.2C$2451.C281.A3.A105.3B3.3B76.C10.C2.2C11.2C$2451.2C279.A5.A103.B
2.2B.2B2.B76.C.2C.C4.C2.C$2450.C.C224.A50.2A2.A5.A103.B3.B.B3.B79.3C
6.C$2676.A51.2A3.A3.A106.B.B.B.B$2676.3A55.3A195.3C6.C$2735.A105.2B.
2B3.2B.2B77.2C.C4.C2.C$2843.B7.B78.C8.C2.2C$2931.2C6.C2.C$2932.C7.2C
3$2850.B114.2C$2401.C37.2C408.3B113.2C$2400.C39.2C406.B3.B$2400.3C36.
C407.B5.B89.C$2847.B5.B88.2C$2848.B3.B89.C.C$2959.C5.C$2848.B3.B105.
3C3.3C$2847.B5.B103.C2.2C.2C2.C$2792.B37.2B11.2B2.B5.B103.C3.C.C3.C$
2791.B39.2B10.2B3.B3.B106.C.C.C.C$2791.3B36.B18.3B$2428.C421.B105.2C.
2C3.2C.2C$2389.C38.2C528.C7.C$2389.C.C35.C.C262.2A$2389.2C302.2A$
2692.A2$2965.C$2554.2D408.3C$2555.2D406.C3.C$2554.D225.B181.C5.C$
2780.B.B179.C5.C$2780.2B181.C3.C2$2681.A281.C3.C$2681.2A279.C5.C$
2680.A.A224.C37.2C11.2C2.C5.C$2906.C39.2C10.2C3.C3.C$2906.3C36.C18.3C
$2965.C$2504.D$2504.D.D$2504.2D4$2631.A$2630.A303.C$2630.3A301.2C$
2933.C.C2$2493.D$2492.D303.B$2492.3D301.2B$2795.B.B4$2619.A$2619.A.A$
2619.2A7$2382.C$2343.C38.2C$2343.C.C35.C.C$2343.2C5$2773.B$2773.2B$
2772.B.B2$2332.C$2331.C$2331.3C$2861.C$2860.C$2860.3C$2497.D$2458.D
38.2D$2458.D.D35.D.D262.2B$2458.2D302.2B$2761.B3$2623.2A$2624.2A$
2623.A3$2447.D$2446.D$2446.3D6$2876.2C$2877.2C$2876.C3$2136.2B$2136.
2B4$2562.A37.2A$2561.A39.2A262.C$2561.3A36.A225.C38.2C$2198.B627.C.C
35.C.C$2198.2B626.2C$2197.B.B2$2688.B$2688.B.B$2129.3B3.3B550.2B$
2129.B2.B.B2.B186.2C$2129.2B.B.B.2B187.2C262.A$2129.2B5.2B186.C225.A
38.2A$2251.2C297.A.A35.A.A$2251.2C297.2A$2186.2B$2187.2B262.D$2131.2B
.2B50.B264.2D$2129.B2.B.B2.B312.D.D224.B$2129.B.B3.B3.B3.3B530.B$
2129.3B3.B3.B3.B.B530.3B$2137.B2.B.B2.B$2139.2B.2B130.C$2274.C.C$
2274.2C$2803.C$2175.B627.C.C$2137.2B5.2B29.2B67.3C3.3C550.2C$2137.2B.
B.B.2B28.B.B67.C2.C.C2.C148.D$2137.B2.B.B2.B98.2C.C.C.2C147.D303.B$
2137.3B3.3B98.2C5.2C147.3D301.2B$2366.2D335.B.B$2366.2D$2263.C37.2C$
2262.C39.2C$2246.2C.2C11.3C36.C$2244.C2.C.C2.C539.C$2244.C.C3.C3.C3.
3C530.C$2163.2B79.3C3.C3.C3.C.C530.3C$2164.2B86.C2.C.C2.C167.D$2156.
2B5.B90.2C.2C130.D38.2D$2156.2B231.D.D35.D.D262.2B$2389.2D302.2B$
2144.2B546.B$2144.2B144.C$2252.2C5.2C29.2C67.3D3.3D$2252.2C.C.C.2C28.
C.C67.D2.D.D2.D148.A$2252.C2.C.C2.C98.2D.D.D.2D147.A$2252.3C3.3C98.2D
5.2D147.3A262.C$2481.2A297.C.C$2481.2A297.2C$2416.2D$2215.2B200.2D$
2215.2B144.2D.2D50.D$2359.D2.D.D2.D$2359.D.D3.D3.D3.3D$2156.B7.B44.B
5.B143.3D3.D3.D3.D.D$2155.4B3.4B42.3B3.3B61.C88.D2.D.D2.D$2155.B3.B.B
3.B42.B.2B.2B.B54.2C4.3C89.2D.2D130.A$2156.B2.B.B2.B42.2B7.2B53.2C3.C
3.C223.A.A262.C37.2C$2156.3B3.3B42.2B7.2B58.2C.2C223.2A262.C39.2C$
2207.3B5.3B41.2C15.2C.2C487.3C36.C$2209.3B.3B43.2C$2211.B.B62.2C.2C
86.2D5.2D98.3A3.3A$2208.B2.B.B2.B59.2C.2C86.2D.D.D.2D98.A2.A.A2.A$
2207.B2.B3.B2.B58.C3.C86.D2.D.D2.D98.2A.A.A.2A$2208.2B5.2B60.3C14.2C
71.3D3.3D98.2A5.2A$2163.2B113.C14.C2.C299.2B$2163.2B128.C.C300.2B$
2294.C236.2A$2330.2C200.2A262.C$2299.2C29.2C144.2A.2A50.A264.2C$2298.
C2.C172.A2.A.A2.A312.C.C$2298.C.C173.A.A3.A3.A3.3A$2271.C7.C19.C24.C
5.C143.3A3.A3.A3.A.A$2270.4C3.4C42.3C3.3C61.D88.A2.A.A2.A$17.2B2251.C
3.C.C3.C23.2C17.C.2C.2C.C54.2D4.3D89.2A.2A130.B$16.B.B2252.C2.C.C2.C
23.C2.C15.2C7.2C53.2D3.D3.D223.B.B$16.B2254.3C3.3C23.C.C16.2C7.2C58.
2D.2D223.2B$15.2B2198.2B87.C17.3C5.3C41.2D15.2D.2D$2215.2B107.3C.3C
43.2D144.A$2309.2C15.C.C62.2D.2D86.2A5.2A29.2A67.3B3.3B$2308.C2.C11.C
2.C.C2.C59.2D.2D86.2A.A.A.2A28.A.A67.B2.B.B2.B148.C37.2C$2308.C.C11.C
2.C3.C2.C58.D3.D86.A2.A.A2.A98.2B.B.B.2B147.C39.2C$2309.C13.2C5.2C60.
3D14.2D71.3A3.3A98.2B5.2B147.3C36.C$2278.2C113.D14.D2.D299.2C$2278.2C
128.D.D300.2C$15.2C11.2C2379.D198.B37.2B$7.2C7.C10.4C2414.2D160.B39.
2B$4.C11.C.C7.C.2C.2C.C2379.2D29.2D144.2B.2B11.3B36.B$3.C.C2.2C7.2C
12.2C2.C2377.D2.D172.B2.B.B2.B$.C.C.3C2.C15.2C2.2C2.3C2376.D.D173.B.B
3.B3.B3.3B$.C2.6C16.4C.C2.3C2349.D7.D19.D24.D5.D143.3B3.B3.B3.B.B$4.
2C.2C16.C2.C3.C2.C2349.4D3.4D42.3D3.3D61.A88.B2.B.B2.B167.C$3.6C2.C
12.3C2.C.4C2350.D3.D.D3.D23.2D17.D.2D.2D.D54.2A4.3A89.2B.2B130.C38.2C
$2.C2.3C.C.C12.3C2.2C2.2C2351.D2.D.D2.D23.D2.D15.2D7.2D53.2A3.A3.A
223.C.C35.C.C$3.2C2.C.C15.C2.2C2356.3D3.3D23.D.D16.2D7.2D58.2A.2A223.
2C$8.C17.C.2C.2C.C2295.2C87.D17.3D5.3D41.2A15.2A.2A$4.2C24.4C2296.2C
107.3D.3D43.2A144.B$31.2C2408.D.D62.2A.2A86.2B5.2B29.2B67.3C3.3C$
2438.D2.D.D2.D59.2A.2A86.2B.B.B.2B28.B.B67.C2.C.C2.C$2437.D2.D3.D2.D
58.A3.A86.B2.B.B2.B98.2C.C.C.2C$2438.2D5.2D60.3A14.2A71.3B3.3B98.2C5.
2C$2393.2D113.A14.A2.A$2393.2D128.A.A$2524.A$2560.2A$4.D2.D.D17.D2.D.
D2496.2A29.2A144.2C.2C$2.2D.D.3D15.2D.D.3D2495.A2.A172.C2.C.C2.C$3.D
6.D15.D6.D2494.A.A173.C.C3.C3.C3.3C$2.2D5.D15.2D5.D2468.A7.A19.A24.A
5.A143.3C3.C3.C3.C.C$2500.4A3.4A42.3A3.3A61.B88.C2.C.C2.C$3.D5.2D6.2D
7.D5.2D2466.A3.A.A3.A42.A.2A.2A.A54.2B4.3B89.2C.2C$2.D6.D6.D.D6.D6.D
2468.A2.A.A2.A42.2A7.2A53.2B3.B3.B$3.3D.D.2D5.D9.3D.D.2D2467.3A3.3A
42.2A7.2A58.2B.2B$3.D.D2.D6.2D9.D.D2.D2413.2D105.3A5.3A41.2B15.2B.2B$
2445.2D107.3A.3A43.2B$2556.A.A62.2B.2B86.2C5.2C$2553.A2.A.A2.A59.2B.
2B86.2C.C.C.2C$2552.A2.A3.A2.A58.B3.B86.C2.C.C2.C$2553.2A5.2A60.3B14.
2B71.3C3.3C$2508.2A113.B14.B2.B$2508.2A128.B.B$15.2A2622.B$16.A2658.
2B$3.2A.2A.A6.A.A7.6A.2A2640.2B$2.2A2.2A.2A6.2A7.6A.2A$10.A22.2A$2.2A
22.2A5.2A2581.B7.B44.B5.B$2.2A5.2A15.2A5.2A2580.4B3.4B42.3B3.3B61.C$
9.2A15.2A5.2A2580.B3.B.B3.B42.B.2B.2B.B54.2C4.3C$2.A23.2A2588.B2.B.B
2.B42.2B7.2B53.2C3.C3.C$2.2A.2A2.2A15.2A.6A2581.3B3.3B42.2B7.2B58.2C.
2C$3.A.2A.2A16.2A.6A2525.2A105.3B5.3B41.2C15.2C.2C$2560.2A107.3B.3B
43.2C$2671.B.B62.2C.2C$2668.B2.B.B2.B59.2C.2C$2667.B2.B3.B2.B58.C3.C$
2668.2B5.2B60.3C$2623.2B113.C$2623.2B2$2790.2C$2.6B.2B16.B2.B.B2757.
2C$2.6B.2B14.2B.B.3B$9.2B15.B6.B$2.2B5.2B14.2B5.B2698.C7.C44.C5.C$2.
2B5.2B2719.4C3.4C42.3C3.3C$2.2B5.2B6.2B7.B5.2B2696.C3.C.C3.C42.C.2C.
2C.C$2.2B12.B.B6.B6.B2698.C2.C.C2.C42.2C7.2C$2.2B.6B5.B9.3B.B.2B2697.
3C3.3C42.2C7.2C$2.2B.6B4.2B9.B.B2.B2643.2B105.3C5.3C$2675.2B107.3C.3C
$2786.C.C$2783.C2.C.C2.C$2782.C2.C3.C2.C$2783.2C5.2C$2738.2C$2738.2C$
15.2C$3.4C9.C$2.C4.C.2C5.C.C7.6C.2C$2.C4.C3.C5.2C7.6C.2C$5.2C4.C21.2C
$2.2C4.C2.C14.2C5.2C$.C2.C3.C2.C14.2C5.2C$.C2.C4.2C15.2C5.2C$.C4.2C
18.2C$.C3.C4.C15.2C.6C$2.2C.C4.C15.2C.6C2755.2C$6.4C2780.2C6$2814.2D$
4.2D2808.2D$3.4D$2.D.2D.2D.D16.D2.D.D$7.2D2.D13.2D.D.3D$2.2D2.2D2.3D
13.D6.D$2.4D.D2.3D12.2D5.D$.D2.D3.D2.D$3D2.D.4D6.2D7.D5.2D$3D2.2D2.2D
5.D.D6.D6.D$.D2.2D10.D9.3D.D.2D$2.D.2D.2D.D4.2D9.D.D2.D$6.4D2752.2D$
7.2D2753.2D$2807.2D5.2D$2807.D.2D.2D.D$2808.D.D.D.D$2808.D.D.D.D$
2675.2A130.D7.D$3.A2.A8.2A2658.2A78.3D3.3D$7.A8.A2737.D2.D3.D2.D$8.2A
6.A.A7.6A.2A2719.D3.D.D3.D$2.A.2A6.A4.2A7.6A.2A2718.2D.D.D.D.D.2D43.
2D.2D$2.A2.A3.A23.2A2718.2D.2D3.2D.2D41.D2.D.D2.D$.A3.A.3A16.2A5.2A
2719.3D5.3D42.3D3.3D$A11.A13.2A5.2A2773.D5.D$3.3A.A3.A14.2A5.2A$3.A3.
A2.A15.2A2786.2D$A6.2A.A15.2A.6A2779.2D$3.2A21.2A.6A$5.A2617.2A137.D$
6.A2.A2613.2A136.D.D$2668.2A5.2A83.D3.D$2667.A2.A3.A2.A82.5D$2668.A2.
A.A2.A82.D.D.D.D$2671.A.A86.D3.D$2560.2B107.3A.3A67.2D$2560.2B105.3A
5.3A65.2D15.D3.D$7.2B2607.3A3.3A42.2A7.2A81.D.D.D.D$8.B18.B2.B.B2583.
A2.A.A2.A42.2A7.2A77.2D3.5D$3.3B2.2B15.2B.B.3B2582.A3.A.A3.A42.A.2A.
2A.A78.2D3.D3.D$.3B.B3.B16.B6.B2581.4A3.4A42.3A3.3A84.D.D$.B4.B.2B15.
2B5.B2583.A7.A44.A5.A86.D$5.B.B$3.2B.B4.B5.2B7.B5.2B$3.B3.B.3B4.B.B6.
B6.B2642.2A$3.2B2.3B6.B9.3B.B.2B2641.2A$4.B10.2B9.B.B2.B2607.A$4.2B
2502.2B128.A.A$2508.2B128.A2.A94.3D3.3D$2553.2B5.2B77.2A95.3D3.3D$
2552.B2.B3.B2.B172.D.2D3.2D.D$2553.B2.B.B2.B173.D.2D3.2D.D$2556.B.B
177.2D5.2D$7.2C2436.2C107.3B.3B43.2A131.D5.D$4.C10.2C11.2C2415.2C105.
3B5.3B41.2A$3.C.C2.2C6.C10.4C2470.3B3.3B42.2B7.2B$.C.C.3C2.C5.C.C7.C.
2C.2C.C2466.B2.B.B2.B42.2B7.2B53.2A11.A$.C2.6C7.2C12.2C2.C2464.B3.B.B
3.B42.B.2B.2B.B54.2A5.A5.2A107.2D.2D$4.2C.2C17.2C2.2C2.3C2463.4B3.4B
42.3B3.3B62.2A2.A.A98.D6.2D5.D$3.6C2.C14.4C.C2.3C2464.B7.B44.B5.B62.
2A102.2D.2D3.D.D.D.2D.2D$2.C2.3C.C.C13.C2.C3.C2.C2691.2D.2D.D.D.D3.2D
.2D$3.2C2.C.C14.3C2.C.4C2694.D5.2D6.D2.2D$8.C15.3C2.2C2.2C2525.2B168.
2D.2D11.D.D$4.2C19.C2.2C2530.2B184.D$26.C.2C.2C.C2489.B$30.4C2359.2C
128.B.B87.2A$31.2C2360.2C128.B2.B85.A.A114.D5.D$2438.2C5.2C77.2B71.3A
3.3A8.A113.2D5.2D$2437.C2.C3.C2.C149.A2.A.A2.A11.2A108.D.2D3.2D.D$
2438.C2.C.C2.C73.2B75.2A.A.A.2A12.2A107.D.2D3.2D.D$2441.C.C76.2B75.2A
5.2A11.A110.3D3.3D$2330.2D107.3C.3C43.2B237.3D3.3D$16.2D2312.2D87.C
17.3C5.3C41.2B$17.D2368.3C3.3C23.C.C16.2C7.2C309.3D$17.D.D2366.C2.C.C
2.C23.C2.C15.2C7.2C53.2B254.D$18.2D2365.C3.C.C3.C23.2C17.C.2C.2C.C54.
2B5.B90.2A.2A154.D$2385.4C3.4C42.3C3.3C62.2B86.A2.A.A2.A$2386.C7.C19.
C24.C5.C62.2B79.3A3.A3.A3.A.A$2413.C.C173.A.A3.A3.A3.3A$2413.C2.C172.
A2.A.A2.A$2414.2C29.2C144.2A.2A$2445.2C$2409.C$2278.2D128.C.C87.2B
235.2D$2278.2D128.C2.C85.B.B235.2D$2323.2D5.2D77.2C71.3B3.3B8.B89.2A
5.2A$2322.D2.D3.D2.D149.B2.B.B2.B98.2A.A.A.2A210.D.D$2323.D2.D.D2.D
73.2C75.2B.B.B.2B28.B.B67.A2.A.A2.A211.2D$2326.D.D76.2C75.2B5.2B29.2B
67.3A3.3A211.D$2324.3D.3D43.2C144.B$2322.3D5.3D41.2C$2271.3D3.3D42.2D
7.2D$2271.D2.D.D2.D42.2D7.2D53.2C$2270.D3.D.D3.D42.D.2D.2D.D54.2C5.C
90.2B.2B$2270.4D3.4D42.3D3.3D62.2C86.B2.B.B2.B$2271.D7.D44.D5.D62.2C
79.3B3.B3.B3.B.B$2474.B.B3.B3.B3.3B289.3D$2474.B2.B.B2.B297.D39.D$
2330.2D144.2B.2B11.3B36.B249.D39.2D$2330.2D160.B39.2B286.2D$2493.B37.
2B$2383.2C211.2A$2278.D103.C.C211.2A$2277.3D87.3C3.3C8.C89.2B5.2B$
2276.D3.D86.C2.C.C2.C98.2B.B.B.2B$2276.2D.2D86.2C.C.C.2C28.C.C67.B2.B
.B2.B$2276.2D.2D86.2C5.2C29.2C67.3B3.3B$2259.2D144.C386.2D$2259.2D15.
2D.2D511.D.D$2276.2D.2D511.D38.D.D$2271.2D3.D3.D551.2D$2271.2D4.3D89.
2C.2C458.D$2278.D88.C2.C.C2.C$2359.3C3.C3.C3.C.C$2359.C.C3.C3.C3.3C$
2359.C2.C.C2.C$2361.2C.2C50.C$2417.2C$2416.2C$2481.2B320.3D$2481.2B
320.D39.D$2252.3D3.3D98.2C5.2C186.B249.D39.2D$2252.D2.D.D2.D98.2C.C.C
.2C187.2B286.2D$2252.2D.D.D.2D98.C2.C.C2.C186.2B$2252.2D5.2D98.3C3.3C
3$2389.2C$2389.C.C35.C.C$2254.2D.2D130.C38.2C$2252.D2.D.D2.D167.C386.
2D$2244.3D3.D3.D3.D.D554.D.D$2244.D.D3.D3.D3.3D266.2B286.D$2244.D2.D.
D2.D274.B.B35.B.B$2246.2D.2D50.D225.B38.2B$2302.2D262.B$2301.2D$2366.
2C$2366.2C$2244.2D5.2D147.3C$2244.2D.D.D.2D147.C$2244.D2.D.D2.D148.C$
2244.3D3.3D2$2538.3B36.B$2538.B39.2B$2312.D.D224.B37.2B$2313.2D$2313.
D$2676.3A$2412.2C262.A$2412.C.C262.A$2412.C$2838.2D$2838.D.D$2251.2D
585.D$2251.2D335.B.B$2324.D264.2B$2325.2D262.B$2324.2D$2688.2A$2688.A
.A$2423.3C36.C225.A$2423.C39.2C$2424.C37.2C3$2600.B$2601.2B$2335.D.D
262.2B$2336.2D$2336.D2$2435.2C$2435.C.C$2435.C3$2900.D.D$2901.2D$
2901.D8$2872.3D$2872.D39.D$2873.D39.2D$2912.2D11$2634.B.B$2635.2B$
2635.B2$2734.2A$2734.A.A$2469.3C262.A$2469.C$2470.C8$2745.3A$2481.2C
262.A$2481.C.C35.C.C224.A$2481.C38.2C$2520.C2$2619.2B$2619.B.B$2619.B
10$2630.3B$2630.B$2631.B3$2768.3A$2768.A$2542.C.C224.A$2543.2C444.D$
2543.C386.2D56.D.D$2930.D.D$2642.2B286.D38.D.D10.2D2.D5.D$2642.B.B
325.2D10.2D5.D$2642.B327.D15.2D3.2D4$2986.2D3.2D$2554.C434.D$2555.2C
429.D5.D$2554.2C$2941.3D44.D.D$2941.D47.D$2653.3B36.B249.D34.D.D$
2653.B39.2B282.2D$2654.B37.2B284.D3.D7.D$2981.D.D5.D.D$2850.A133.D3.D
$2849.3A129.D2.D3.D2.D$2843.2A3.A3.A129.D.D3.D.D$2843.2A2.A5.A130.2D.
2D$2847.A5.A127.2D.2D.2D.2D$2848.A3.A128.2D2.D.D2.2D$2982.3D3.3D$
2665.2B181.A3.A130.D5.D$2665.B.B179.A5.A$2665.B181.A5.A$2848.A3.A$
2849.3A137.2D$2850.A138.2D$2840.A$2838.2A$2839.2A114.2D7.3D$2954.D2.D
4.D4.D$2843.A7.A102.D2.D4.D5.D$2735.B105.2A.2A3.2A.2A100.D3.D8.D$
2676.3B55.3B218.2D8.2D$2676.B51.2B3.B3.B106.A.A.A.A$2677.B50.2B2.B5.B
103.A3.A.A3.A102.2D8.2D$2732.B5.B103.A2.2A.2A2.A105.D8.D$2733.B3.B
105.3A3.3A100.2D8.D5.D10.2D$2844.A5.A101.D9.D4.D11.2D$2733.B3.B89.A.A
126.D7.3D$2732.B5.B88.2A124.D2.D$2732.B5.B89.A$2733.B3.B$2734.3B113.
2A$2688.2B45.B114.2A$2688.B.B$2688.B$2817.A7.2A$2816.2A6.A2.A$2728.B
7.B78.A8.A2.2A$2620.C105.2B.2B3.2B.2B77.2A.A4.A2.A$2600.C18.3C195.3A
6.A$2601.2C10.2C3.C3.C106.B.B.B.B$2600.2C11.2C2.C5.C103.B3.B.B3.B79.
3A6.A$2617.C5.C103.B2.2B.2B2.B76.A.2A.A4.A2.A$2618.C3.C105.3B3.3B76.A
10.A2.2A11.2A$2729.B5.B77.A3.A6.A2.A12.2A$2618.C3.C89.B.B99.4A7.2A$
2617.C5.C88.2B$2617.C5.C89.B$2618.C3.C$2619.3C113.2B$2573.2C45.C114.
2B$2573.C.C34.C$2573.C34.2C$2609.2C91.B7.2B$2701.2B6.B2.B$2613.C7.C
78.B8.B2.2B$2505.D105.2C.2C3.2C.2C77.2B.B4.B2.B$2504.3D195.3B6.B$
2498.2D3.D3.D106.C.C.C.C$2498.2D2.D5.D103.C3.C.C3.C79.3B6.B$2502.D5.D
103.C2.2C.2C2.C76.B.2B.B4.B2.B$2503.D3.D105.3C3.3C76.B10.B2.2B11.2B$
2584.3C27.C5.C77.B3.B6.B2.B12.2B$2503.D3.D76.C12.C.C99.4B7.2B$2502.D
5.D76.C11.2C$2502.D5.D89.C$2503.D3.D$2504.3D113.2C$2505.D114.2C3$
2587.C7.2C$2586.2C6.C2.C$2498.D7.D78.C8.C2.2C$2496.2D.2D3.2D.2D77.2C.
C4.C2.C$2587.3C6.C$2499.D.D.D.D$2497.D3.D.D3.D79.3C6.C$2497.D2.2D.2D
2.D76.C.2C.C4.C2.C$2498.3D3.3D76.C10.C2.2C11.2C$2499.D5.D77.C3.C6.C2.
C12.2C$2584.4C7.2C4$2505.2D$2505.2D3$2472.D7.2D$2471.2D6.D2.D$2470.D
8.D2.2D$2471.2D.D4.D2.D$2472.3D6.D2$2472.3D6.D$2469.D.2D.D4.D2.D$
2468.D10.D2.2D11.2D$2468.D3.D6.D2.D12.2D$2469.4D7.2D!
Image
User avatar
apg
Moderator
Posts: 3007
Joined: June 1st, 2009, 4:32 pm

Re: Marilyn

Post by apg »

With that example, each row must be monochromatic. I would like a version where each pixel can have an independent colour. Possible, but difficult.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!
User avatar
Extrementhusiast
Posts: 1970
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 11:24 pm
Location: USA

Re: Marilyn

Post by Extrementhusiast »

Responding to *****'s question...
a) People do not normally have heart attacks at 13 years of age.
b) What age did you think I was? 27?
c) I was shocked at how well the portrait was rendered.
Now back to the main topic...
d) Maybe you could use different colored gliders?
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)
Axaj
Posts: 231
Joined: September 26th, 2009, 12:23 am

Re: Marilyn

Post by Axaj »

calcyman wrote:With that example, each row must be monochromatic. I would like a version where each pixel can have an independent colour. Possible, but difficult.
Unfortunately, that's not possible with current loops. I'll try to make one that will work now, I guess.
Image
User avatar
Macbi
Posts: 919
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am
Contact:

Re: Marilyn

Post by Macbi »

The problem is that the glider duplicator at the bottom of the memory loop does not duplicate the colour of the glider. One of the output gliders is the same colour as the input, but the other one is the same colour as the duplicator. The problem is equivalent to finding a duplicator that outputs both gliders the same colour.
User avatar
PM 2Ring
Posts: 152
Joined: March 26th, 2009, 11:18 am

Re: Marilyn

Post by PM 2Ring »

Extrementhusiast wrote:Responding to *****'s question...
a) People do not normally have heart attacks at 13 years of age.
b) What age did you think I was? 27?
c) I was shocked at how well the portrait was rendered.
Now back to the main topic...
d) Maybe you could use different colored gliders?
:D
I thought you were in your late teens, maybe early twenties.

I'm glad you like the picture. I spent an hour or so fiddling with the image until I was satisfied with the brightness, contrast and dithering. But I'm no stranger to digital image processing.

I'm beginning to get jealous of you people with your multi-coloured versions of Golly. :)
User avatar
Extrementhusiast
Posts: 1970
Joined: June 16th, 2009, 11:24 pm
Location: USA

Re: Marilyn

Post by Extrementhusiast »

Actually, I only have the single-color version! (maybe, the color rules certainly don't work)
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)
Post Reply