LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
User avatar
C28
Posts: 844
Joined: December 8th, 2020, 12:23 pm
Location: WORLD -1

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by C28 »

dvgrn wrote: February 10th, 2021, 12:06 pm
C28 wrote: February 10th, 2021, 11:35 am i would like to request that User:C28 be given the trusted flag.
Done!
thank you!
mostly taking a break from CGoL for now
gpernot
Posts: 2
Joined: February 28th, 2021, 3:53 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by gpernot »

hi,

the rle at https://www.conwaylife.com/patterns/twogun.rle doesn't match the screenshot nor the properties.
I believe 3 blank lines are missing :

...
$26b2o11b4$21b2o16b$9bobo10b2o15b$9bo2bo8bo17b$2o10b2o11b2o12b$2o8bo3b
...
should be :
...
$26b2o11b4$$$$21b2o16b$9bobo10b2o15b$9bo2bo8bo17b$2o10b2o11b2o12b$2o8bo3b
...

maybe a trust flag may help ?


regards
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

gpernot wrote: February 28th, 2021, 3:59 pm maybe a trust flag may help ?
I've set your trusted flag on LifeWiki, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the RLE you pointed out -- so please don't change any RLE files until we get this point straightened out!

The RLE chunk that you quoted has a "4" in front of the "$", so there are already three blank lines in that RLE. Your revision would produce a total of six blank lines. Seven extra blank lines would actually work just fine, but not six.

"Twogun" these days redirects to its own article, Period-60 glider gun, which points to

https://www.conwaylife.com/patterns/period60glidergun.rle

But you must be looking at the twogun image in the Gosper glider gun article.

... In any case, one of the few things that a trusted flag doesn't actually allow you to change on the LifeWiki is the contents of the conwaylife.com/patterns folder. That's a separate upload system with only admin/moderator access -- makes it a little easier to avoid accidental damage to the pattern collection. You can add new patterns with new "pnames" -- pattern names -- to the RLE:{pname} namespace, but changes there will not overwrite patterns already in the pattern collection... just another part of the safety feature.
gpernot
Posts: 2
Joined: February 28th, 2021, 3:53 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by gpernot »

Ok ! I misread the rle specification regarding '$'.

thanks for the explanations !
hotdogPi
Moderator
Posts: 2286
Joined: August 12th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by hotdogPi »

Can I have the trusted flag, please? My main focus is documenting more oscillators, typically period 10+ ones. Some of them would get their own pages, while others (like the P160 that is four Beluchenko's P40s hassling a blinker and the P24 and P64 that are octagon 2 phase shifters) would be put on the page for the main oscillator.
User:HotdogPi/My discoveries

Periods discovered:

All evens ≤128 except 52,58,78,82,92,94,98,104,118,122

5-15,㉕-㉛,㉟㊺,51,63,65,73,75
1㊳㊵㊹㊼㊽,54,56,72,74,80,90,92
217,240,300,486,576

Guns: 20,21,32,54,55,57,114,117,124,126
SKOPs: 32,74,76,102,196
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

hotdogPi wrote: March 7th, 2021, 10:16 am Can I have the trusted flag, please? My main focus is documenting more oscillators, typically period 10+ ones. Some of them would get their own pages, while others (like the P160 that is four Beluchenko's P40s hassling a blinker and the P24 and P64 that are octagon 2 phase shifters) would be put on the page for the main oscillator.
Done!
DAVilla
Posts: 3
Joined: March 17th, 2021, 3:49 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by DAVilla »

Please set my trusted flag. I'm not a robot... unless we live in a digital universe, but then we'd all be robots.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

DAVilla wrote: March 17th, 2021, 4:27 pm Please set my trusted flag. I'm not a robot... unless we live in a digital universe, but then we'd all be robots.
Done.
bluecrab2
Posts: 1
Joined: March 29th, 2021, 12:43 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by bluecrab2 »

I would like to help contribute to the wiki! I'd appreciate it if you set me to trusted :)
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

bluecrab2 wrote: March 29th, 2021, 12:47 am I would like to help contribute to the wiki! I'd appreciate it if you set me to trusted :)
Done!
User avatar
Dets65
Posts: 26
Joined: May 7th, 2013, 8:20 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Dets65 »

I would like to request my account (User:Dets65) be set to trusted. Thank you!

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 3, rule = B2i3-ckn4ajkryz5cer6-ak7e8/S02-cn3iknr4eijkny5nq6ek7e
b3o$3o$bo!
User avatar
Ian07
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: Pennsylvania, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 »

Dets65 wrote: April 19th, 2021, 10:48 am I would like to request my account (User:Dets65) be set to trusted. Thank you!
Done!
Wiki: http://www.conwaylife.com/wiki/User:Ian07
Discord: lan07 (yes, that's a lowercase L)

xs24_69bobjob96
User avatar
cgoler2
Posts: 224
Joined: March 10th, 2021, 2:32 pm
Location: Living in a half-bakery

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by cgoler2 »

Can I get the trusted flag?
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

cgoler2 wrote: April 24th, 2021, 12:17 pm Can I get the trusted flag?
Done!
Cell Merchant
Posts: 3
Joined: April 29th, 2021, 8:56 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Cell Merchant »

Sell The Cells! How would a cellular automata economy function :D

Also please trust User:Sell The Cells!. I am very trustworthy. :wink:
User avatar
Aleph
Moderator
Posts: 2302
Joined: February 18th, 2021, 11:18 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Aleph »

Cell Merchant wrote: April 29th, 2021, 9:04 am Sell The Cells! How would a cellular automata economy function :D
This is something I feel VERY STRONGLY ABOUT, but I think that an economy here is going to cause problems.
Cell Merchant
Posts: 3
Joined: April 29th, 2021, 8:56 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Cell Merchant »

wwei47 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 9:11 am
Cell Merchant wrote: April 29th, 2021, 9:04 am Sell The Cells! How would a cellular automata economy function :D
I think that an economy here is going to cause problems.
Oh ok :( Well, just normal GoL then.
GUYTU6J
Posts: 2200
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by GUYTU6J »

Cell Merchant wrote: April 29th, 2021, 9:18 am Oh ok :( Well, just normal GoL then.
Welcome to the forums, my - er - new young user (how old are you? Sorry if I'm being offensive)! Please familiarize yourself with the academic field by starting from the Tutorials!

Cellular automata, patterns and related mathematics are in the public domain, and were largely discovered by a large number of people by various means. So merchandising is not favored here! However, you can win a small amount of cash prizes if you find solutions to some open problems.
Cell Merchant
Posts: 3
Joined: April 29th, 2021, 8:56 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Cell Merchant »

I've already read most of the pages linked in Tutorials.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

Cell Merchant wrote: April 29th, 2021, 10:14 am I've already read most of the pages linked in Tutorials.
Trusted flag is set for "Sell The Cells!" -- it took me a while to figure out that the LifeWiki system wasn't finding you because I wasn't capitalizing "The".
AnotherEditor144
Posts: 2
Joined: May 1st, 2021, 8:15 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by AnotherEditor144 »

May I request access to the "trusted" group in the Wiki? I was about to edit Beacon, and I'm pretty sure that I won't spam in any article. My username there is also AnotherEditor144.
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by yujh »

AnotherEditor144 wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:27 am May I request access to the "trusted" group in the Wiki? I was about to edit Beacon, and I'm pretty sure that I won't spam in any article. My username there is also AnotherEditor144.
What changes are you goning to make then?
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
AnotherEditor144
Posts: 2
Joined: May 1st, 2021, 8:15 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by AnotherEditor144 »

yujh wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:37 am
AnotherEditor144 wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:27 am May I request access to the "trusted" group in the Wiki? I was about to edit Beacon, and I'm pretty sure that I won't spam in any article. My username there is also AnotherEditor144.
What changes are you goning to make then?
It's about the boat-bit reaction.
"A beacon in the right phase can trigger the boat-bit reaction."
should say
"A beacon in the dense phase can trigger the boat-bit reaction."
See the page Boat-bit, which states that the right phase is the dense phase.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 12034
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn »

AnotherEditor144 wrote: May 1st, 2021, 8:27 am May I request access to the "trusted" group in the Wiki? I was about to edit Beacon, and I'm pretty sure that I won't spam in any article. My username there is also AnotherEditor144.
Done!
LiBeB_CNOFNe
Posts: 2
Joined: May 18th, 2021, 9:55 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by LiBeB_CNOFNe »

Hello, I'd like to request my LifeWiki account (Account name LiBeB CNOFNe) to be "trusted". Thanks!
Post Reply