Game of Life 3D

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
Post Reply
MyronHuzan
Posts: 4
Joined: December 5th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Game of Life 3D

Post by MyronHuzan »

Hey guys,

I am a student currently doing Physics in my first year. I have been working on Game of Life for one of my modules and re-created it in LabVIEW, it works as expected and I have built upon it, I adapted the 2D version and decided to try and accomplish a 3D version, it appears to be working correctly and I managed to wrap the edges around... Not visually though!!
I have been running lots of test runs with the program starting at altering percentage of live cells and seeing how long it takes to either become stable. I have collected quite a lot of data for the 3D Game of Life with altering starting conditions.
I was wondering if anyone else has actually done research behind 3D and if so, I would enjoy comparing results, I also have been reading about Chaos Theory which I believe might be linked to Game of Life, just wondering what other peoples thoughts about this are, and if anyone else has considered this.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
MyronHuzan
Hierophant
Posts: 4
Joined: March 31st, 2012, 9:44 pm

Re: Game of Life 3D

Post by Hierophant »

Are you saying you're working on a 3D visualisation of the Game of Life, or what? Your message is kinda vague.
MyronHuzan
Posts: 4
Joined: December 5th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Re: Game of Life 3D

Post by MyronHuzan »

Hierophant wrote:Are you saying you're working on a 3D visualisation of the Game of Life, or what? Your message is kinda vague.
Hi,

I have created and collected values for 3D Game of Life of varying starting percentages, and wanted to see if anyone else has done anything similar.
If that makes sense.

Thanks,
MyronHuzan
Post Reply