For discussion of other cellular automata.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 6:08 pm
MathAndCode wrote: November 25th, 2020, 6:04 pm
Maybe they could be sorted by period?
Perhaps. But I think that we might still have way too many oscillators per period even after that. It can be lonely being the only active object, can't it?
Code: Select all
x = 173, y = 17, rule = Symbiosis
6.A2.B20.A4.2B5.B2.A2.BA7.2B.B9.B.A2.B4.B2.B6.2B3.B3.A.AB.A4.B12.B2.B
5.A2.2A.2B.B3.A7.B6.2A3.3B3.B$A2.BA5.A2.B6.A6.A5.A2.A4.B3.A8.A5.BAB
12.B9.A17.B.2B4.B.B5.A4.A5.2B3.A2.A2.B.B.A5.B2.B13.B2.A$A9.A.A6.B2.2A
9.BA.A6.B3.A7.B7.B3.B2.2B.B9.A6.B3.B7.B4.B.A7.3B6.2BA4.B3.B8.B2.B12.B
$BA4.B.A3.A10.A3.A2.B2.A3.A.A3.B2.B3.B16.B12.A8.A4.A2.2A2B5.AB2.B2.A.
B2.A6.A2.B13.A2.A.BA.AB2.B6.B.B.AB$3.A4.A4.A4.B6.B4.B5.B18.AB7.B4.B.A
2.AB.A7.A2.A.AB4.B3.A.2B.2B4.B8.2B2.A2.A.A4.B5.B2.A4.B3.A5.2A3.A.B6.B
$2.A6.BA.B2.A.BA.B2.AB3.B.B.2A.A2.2A2.B5.2A.A10.A2.B5.A13.A3.B.B4.A.B
.B11.B13.A2.2B10.A.2BA7.B3.2A6.B2.B$.A5.2A11.A3.A2.A6.A7.A5.A.3A2.BA
24.B2.A9.B.BA2.B2.B2.B2.A3.A3.2A.A.A.2A2.A13.A2.B2.B.B.A3.B5.BA2.A2.A
.B$3.B.A4.B4.A.2B.A.B.B5.A.A.B3.A4.A.B2.B4.BAB3.BA2.A.2B5.BA4.A3.B13.
B4.B5.AB14.2A2.A2.A3.A6.A.A6.B.B7.BA3.A5.2B$9.B5.A3.A8.B6.B5.A10.2A6.
2A2.BA.2B7.B3.A9.AB3.B4.B4.BA2.A.A.B7.A20.B5.B4.A9.A3.2A2.B$9.B4.2B3.
A.4B2.A4.B.A10.B.B11.A.A2.B3.B2.2B2.B2.B12.AB.BA2.B5.A5.3A.B10.BA4.2B
.B.A.3B.A.A.BA2.B6.A.A.A7.B$4.B6.B.A15.A.B4.B2.A5.B.A.A8.B.B3.A2.B5.B
5.A2.B8.A2.A.B2.2AB3.B2.BA3.BA2.BA.B5.B.BA.A2.B2.B3.A.A6.2A3.B3.ABAB
6.B$B16.B2.B.BA.2B2.2A2.A.B3.B6.A6.A.B7.B8.B5.2A.2A.A5.A.A3.A4.B2.A4.
B13.A2B8.B2.AB.2B9.2A2.A6.BA.B2.A$2.A6.AB2.A.B2.B3.A3.A.A3.A4.A.2B5.B
.A2.A2.B6.2A6.BA4.B.A6.B.B2.A8.B3.A2.B4.A11.A4.A.B4.2A.2AB5.A2.B.B5.B
7.A2.B2.B$9.A8.3A2.A5.BA5.B6.A5.B2A.B4.A8.B2.AB2.BA2.A.B.2BA3.B.2B10.
B6.A.B9.B4.B9.2B3.A5.A2.B2.2A.A5.B$B.A2.A.A4.A.BA2B.2A2.A4.AB8.B.AB2.
A7.B3.A8.B.A7.B8.B2.A2.A2.B.A2.2A2.B8.AB4.A3.A5.2A4.A.B5.B.B.B3.AB2.A
13.B$.A4.B.A7.3BA3.B18.B6.A3.B5.2B.A6.B6.A2.B.BA23.B2.A.BA.A3.A.A2.B
4.A2.2A9.B7.A2.A$2.B3.3B9.A3.A7.3B.B6.2B.B5.BA2.BA4.B.B2.B2.A.A.B2.AB
A6.A.B.AB3.B5.B5.2A2B.2AB4.A2.B4.A5.B13.B2.B9.A5.A6.A!
EDIT: Another P16:
Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 9, rule = Symbiosis
.A$2B$2.AB2.BA$4.B.A2.B$4B2.BA.A$B2.2B.A.A$.B.4BA$A4B.BAB$2.2B!
Edit 2: Another P16:
Code: Select all
x = 11, y = 9, rule = Symbiosis
3.A.BAB$4.B2.A$8.A$7.B$.A.4BA$B7.2B$2B7.B$A6.B2.A$6.A!
Edit 3: P110 with a bunch of catalysts:
Code: Select all
x = 24, y = 10, rule = Symbiosis
5.2A5.2A2.A$5.BAB5.2B.B$6.B3.B2A.B$2.B.2A.B.2B.AB.A$.A3.3B3.2A.A.A$BA
3.B.B3.A.A2.A.2B$.B10.A.B2.B.2B2A$21.A.A$21.A.A$22.A!
Edit 4: Another P16:
Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 9, rule = Symbiosis
2.2A.B.A$2.B2.2B$.A.A$BA$.A2.A2.A2B$2.B3.A.B$.2B.2A.A2B$.B2.A$.A2.AB!
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 6:19 pm
Here's a p21 sparker.
Code: Select all
x = 6, y = 4, rule = Symbiosis
2.3A$A2.A.B$3A.B$B2.B!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 6:22 pm
Really weird-looking P64:
Code: Select all
x = 7, y = 7, rule = Symbiosis
3.2B$2.4B$.B4.B$.2B2.2B$A.4B$3.B$2.A!
EDIT: Two more P16s:
Code: Select all
x = 26, y = 14, rule = Symbiosis
BA$.BA$2.A$2.B$3.B.A13.A$2.3B14.B4.2A$.B.B2.BA11.AB2.A.A$.A.B15.B3.A$
2.A2B13.B3.A2B$3.B14.2B3.A$4.A12.A6.B$4.2B10.A2.B$15.A.AB.B$16.2A2.B!
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 6:25 pm
Here's a p32 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 6, rule = Symbiosis
9.2AB$8.A.AB$.2A.3A2.A$B2A2.A.B$5.AB$5.B!
Edit: Here is a p565 gun.
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 20, rule = Symbiosis
8.A$7.B14$.3A.2A$.A4.A$B4.A.B$2.A.2AB$2.B2.B!
Another edit: Here is a p9 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
.A$B2A2.2A$.A.3A.B$2.3A.B$2.B2.B!
Yet another edit: Here's a p12.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
2.A4.A$.2A.A.2A$B2.A.A.B$.B.2A.B$2.B2.B!
Fourth edit: Here's another p9.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
3.A2.AB$2.A.2A.B$.A2.A.B$B.2A.B$.B2.B!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 6:38 pm
P16:
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 8, rule = Symbiosis
5.BA$6.B2$7.2B$.A3.2B.BA$A.A7.A$.A4.2B3.B$2.B!
EDIT: Actually P61.
Last edited by wwei23 on November 27th, 2020, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 6:45 pm
wwei23 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 6:38 pm
P16:
Here's another.
Code: Select all
x = 11, y = 7, rule = Symbiosis
10.A$9.B2$.2A4.A.A$B.A5.2A$.B.5A.B$2.B2.B2.B!
Edit: Here's a sparky p36.
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
8.B$.2A5.A$B.2A4.A$.B.5A$2.B2.B2.B!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Another signal elbow:
Code: Select all
x = 31, y = 31, rule = Symbiosis
19.B$13.A.B3.A$13.B2.A$9.A.B3.2A4.AB$9.B2.A8.A$7.BA2.2A2.2A3.2A$8.A6.
B$11.2A12.B$3.B7.B9.A2.2A$3.3A2.2A10.BA4.BA$5.A3.B$BA20.BA.A.B$23.A.
2A$28.BA$2.2A.A20.A$.B.A.AB17.BA.A.B$25.A.2A$.AB$4.2A.A$3.B.A.AB20.AB
$21.B3.A$3.AB4.AB10.2A2.3A$5.2A2.A9.B7.B$5.B12.2A$15.B6.A$9.2A3.2A2.
2A2.AB$9.A8.A2.B$8.BA4.2A3.B.A$14.A2.B$11.A3.B.A$11.B!
Hopefully a signal-to-glider-or-something-that-can-be-turned-into-a-glider can be found with a lower repeat time, that might allow for P14, P15, and P16 guns.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 7:16 pm
Here is a p210 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
6.A.B$.A5.A$B.A$.B.3A$2.B.A.B!
Edit: Here's a p11 oscillator that looks somewhat familiar, but I'm posting it because I'm not sure that I've seen it before.
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 6, rule = Symbiosis
6.2A$7.A$.2A.3A.B$B.A2.A.B$.B.2A.B$2.B2.B!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 7:21 pm
Signal-to-signal+G:
Code: Select all
x = 101, y = 101, rule = Symbiosis
33.2A$34.A$34.A.A$35.2A21$47.B$48.A$46.BA$45.2A$42.B6.A$41.2A2.2A2.AB
A5.2A$38.B6.A2.B8.2AB$37.2A2.2A3.B$41.A2.B10.A8.BA$33.B3.2A3.B.A10.B
2.2A3.2A.AB32.A$33.2A2.A2.B17.A7.A31.3A$32.A5.B.A16.BA4.2A32.A$32.BA.
A.B25.A33.2A$33.A.2A23.A3.B.2A.A$38.BA20.B.B2.B.A.AB$62.A$37.AB26.AB$
30.B2.A34.2A.A$29.2A2.3A31.B.A.AB$29.2A4.B$67.AB$32.AB36.2A.A$69.B.A.
AB$74.A.B$70.B4.A$29.A41.2A$29.B41.B$28.2A41.A$25.A4.B$24.B.A$26.BA.A
.B$27.A.2A36.BA$32.BA$30.A34.B4.2A$28.BA.A.B31.3A2.2A$29.A.2A34.A2.B$
34.BA26.BA$38.A$30.BA.A.B2.B.B20.AB$31.A.2A.B3.A23.2A.A$2.2A33.A25.B.
A.AB$3.A32.2A4.AB16.A.B5.A$3A31.A7.A17.B2.A2.2A$A32.BA.2A3.2A2.B10.A.
B3.2A3.B$35.AB8.A10.B2.A$54.B3.2A2.2A$41.B2A8.B2.A6.B$42.2A5.ABA2.2A
2.2A$51.A6.B$54.2A$53.AB$52.A$53.B8$52.A$53.A$51.3A11$64.2A$64.A.A$
66.A$66.2A!
Edit: Repeat time is 41, so no low-period guns, but...
*looks at wick*
Edit 2: These were the other two completions that I found, but couldn't fit the signal-injecting eater in:
Code: Select all
x = 101, y = 38, rule = Symbiosis
.A$.3A$4.A$3.2A$8.B$6.2A$7.B.A79.2B$7.2B80.2B$8.B$8.A2$5.A2.2B78.A$5.
B2.2B78.B$4.2A81.2A$.A4.B77.A4.B$B.A80.B.A$2.BA.A.B77.BA.A.B$3.A.2A
79.A.2A$8.BA81.BA$6.A82.A$4.BA.A.B77.BA.A.B$5.A.2A79.A.2A$10.BA81.BA
2$6.BA.A.B77.BA.A.B$7.A.2A79.A.2A$12.BA81.BA2$8.BA.A.B77.BA.A.B$9.A.
2A79.A.2A$14.BA81.BA2$10.BA.A.B77.BA.A.B$11.A.2A79.A.2A$16.BA81.BA2$
12.BA.A.B77.BA.A.B$13.A.2A79.A.2A!
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 7:29 pm
Here is a p148 century factory.
Code: Select all
x = 27, y = 15, rule = Symbiosis
2A$2A21.3A$23.A2.A$25.2A$23.3A$23.A4$7.2A13.A$7.2A12.A.A$7.B9.2A3.A.B$16.B6AB$17.B.2A.B$18.B2.B!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 7:40 pm
MathAndCode wrote: November 25th, 2020, 6:04 pm
Edit: Can someone get a p223 glider gun out of this?
I can manage a glider loop:
Code: Select all
x = 167, y = 167, rule = Symbiosis
78.AB$71.A2B.A.B.2A$70.A.B.B.B.2B$69.A.2B.B.2B.B$69.AB.B.3B.B$73.B2.B
$71.2B.B.B$71.2B.B.2B$71.2B4$76.AB$72.A20.B.B$72.3A19.2B$69.2A3.B19.B
$68.A.A$70.A51$150.B$151.B10.2B$149.3B10.A.B$13.2A143.3A2.A.B$14.2A
136.2B4.3A.4A$13.A138.B8.A3.A$151.AB6.2A.3A$162.A2.B$154.B4.6A$154.A
4.A3.A.A$162.A.A.B$163.2ABA$165.B6$.B$AB2A$B.A.A$.A.A3.A4.A$2.6A4.B$.
B2.A$2.3A.2A6.BA$.A3.A8.B138.A$.4A.3A4.2B136.2A$.B.A2.3A143.2A$2.B.A
10.3B$3.2B10.B$16.B51$96.A$96.A.A$72.B19.B3.2A$71.2B19.3A$71.B.B20.A$
89.BA4$94.2B$89.2B.B.2B$90.B.B.2B$90.B2.B$88.B.3B.B.BA$87.B.2B.B.2B.A
$87.2B.B.B.B.A$86.2A.B.A.2BA$87.BA!
EDIT: P16:
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 12, rule = Symbiosis
3.A$3.B$3.AB$2.A2.2A$2B5.A$B.2B2A2.A$2B4.2A$B.A.2B$B.B.B.2B$.A3.B.A$.
2BA.A2.A$3.2B.AB!
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 7:43 pm
Here is a p189 glider gun.
Code: Select all
x = 18, y = 21, rule = Symbiosis
.B$B.2AB$.2A9$12.A$11.2A$10.2A3.B$10.A.3A.B$11.3A.A.B$13.A.2A$10.BA.A.A.B$11.A2.2AB$12.2A.B$11.B2.B!
Here is a related p29 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 11, rule = Symbiosis
B$.2A$.2A$9.B$8.A.B$8.2A.B$10.A$4.B3A.A.B$5.A2.2AB$6.2A.B$5.B2.B!
wwei23 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 7:40 pm I can manage a glider loop
Thank you. That mechanism is clever.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 7:44 pm
LOL WHAT IS THIS LOL
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 9, rule = Symbiosis
8.A$2A5.B$A3.2A$.BAB.A.AB$.2A.B.A$3.B.B$5.B2.A$.B2.B2.BA$2.B!
EDIT: P136 glider gun:
Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 11, rule = Symbiosis
8.AB$7.BA$9.B3$B$B2A$3.A$3.2A$.A.A3.BA$2.2AB!
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 7:48 pm
wwei23 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 7:44 pm
LOL WHAT IS THIS LOL
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 9, rule = Symbiosis
8.A$2A5.B$A3.2A$.BAB.A.AB$.2A.B.A$3.B.B$5.B2.A$.B2.B2.BA$2.B!
That also looks kind of familiar, but again, I'm not sure that I've seen it before. Either way, I reduced the stator.
Code: Select all
x = 7, y = 4, rule = Symbiosis
A.B.A$.B.B$3.2B$5.BA!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
bubblegum
Posts: 961 Joined: August 25th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Location: click here to do nothing
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by bubblegum » November 25th, 2020, 7:49 pm
Two glider guns from the same engine:
Code: Select all
x = 45, y = 20, rule = Symbiosis
20.BA6.A$28.B$AB$37.B$37.AB3$34.A.A6.2A$34.3A6.2A$34.B$36.2A$5.B14.A
16.B$5.AB13.B$7.A2$B.A.A$A.3A$2.B$4.2A$5.B12.BA!
Each day is a hidden opportunity, a frozen waterfall that's waiting to be realised, and one that I'll probably be ignoring
sonata wrote:July 2nd, 2020, 8:33 pm conwaylife signatures are amazing[
citation needed ]
anything
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 7:49 pm
MathAndCode wrote: November 25th, 2020, 7:48 pm
That also looks kind of familiar, but again, I'm not sure that I've seen it before. Either way, I reduced the stator.
I just found it funny the way that it wriggled back and forth. That just made my day.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 7:54 pm
Here is a p35 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
2.A4.B$.A4.A$B.A.2A.B$.B3.AB$5.B!
Edit: Here's a p16 sparker.
Code: Select all
x = 10, y = 7, rule = Symbiosis
8.2A$8.2A$.B5.A.B$.2A2.2A.B$B.A2.A.B$.BA2.AB$3.2A!
Last edited by
MathAndCode on November 25th, 2020, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 8:27 pm
P97:
Code: Select all
x = 15, y = 7, rule = Symbiosis
7.B2.B$BA2.B2.B3.B$3.BA.A5.B$5.A2.2B$6.AB6.A$9.2B.2B$9.2A!
EDIT: In this soup I saw a blob move with some drifter-like action.
Code: Select all
x = 238, y = 65, rule = Symbiosis
2.B5.B7.A4.A9.A8.AB4.A.A4.B9.A4.A3.A.B2.A3B2.B3.B4.B7.A2.B7.A5.B2.BA
6.B8.A12.AB4.B4.B7.A3.2B3.A3.A.A8.AB.A2.A2.A5.2B2.A5.A3.A8.A.B3.B$.BA
B5.A4.B3.A2.2BA3.B4.A5.A.A5.A4.B2.A2.B3.A5.B2.A3.A3.A4.2A4.AB9.A.A3.B
11.B2.A2.2A2.B3.A15.A4.A2.A2.2BA4.A3.A2.B5.A2BAB.B2.A2.B2A6.B4.A11.B
3.B.A.B.B.B$11.A4.2B5.B3.A9.B3.BA4.B.2A3.A.4AB.A.A.A7.A.A.B.A.B8.2A2B
2.A3.AB7.B5.B3.2A.ABA5.2A.A14.A8.AB3.B2.A8.A.B.B7.ABAB4.BA.A2.A.B.B6.
B.B8.A.A7.B.ABA$B.A3.A.A5.A4.A8.A.A2.A.B.B14.B4.A8.2AB2.A3.B3.B6.A2.A
.B3.BA.A2.2BA3.2BA3.2A2.B3.B3A8.B.B.B.B7.AB2.A.A.A13.A2.B.B.AB.BA.B
10.A9.BA3.B10.A5.B3.B$A.A.B4.A6.BA10.B.2B2.A7.B9.A3.A6.B.B4.A9.A6.AB
2.2A.A3.A.B6.B9.A2.B.B3.B.A7.A2.AB4.B2.B2.A10.B4.B8.A.A14.A7.B2.B4.2A
2.A5.2A.3A5.B2.3B$B2.2A2.B.2A4.B3.B.A.A6.A2.A.A4.A3.A.AB3.B3.2B2.BA.A
.2AB.B5.2B13.BA2.A4.B2.B2.B.A3.B12.B.B17.B.B14.3A2.2A3.2A5.B4.B3.B5.
2A.B5.B2A2.B11.A2B4.A7.A2.BA$2.BA2.A3.B.B6.B3.B5.A.BA2.A.B5.A6.A4.BA
2.A3.A2.A6.A4.BA3.B.B4.B2.B4.BA4.B4.2B4.A2.A5.B2.B7.B.2A.A7.B.A12.B7.
A10.A2.B3.B7.BA.BABA2.B7.B.B6.B6.A3.A.2A$3.A2.B2.B3.2A.B.B15.A.B.BA3.
B2.A3.B6.B.B2.A4.2B2.B8.B2.B.B3.B.2BA3.A9.A4.A3.B3.B.B3.BAB.A3.A11.2B
A2.B3.A.B4.B3.A6.A2B2.B.B6.B9.A5.A.5A14.A2.BA.A5.BA$9.A4.2A.B6.B3.B.A
2.B.B6.B3.B8.AB4.A3.B6.A4.B.B6.B5.A2.2B2.BA5.B9.2B2.A2.2B11.B2A9.A2.B
A8.A.A7.A8.B14.A.3B3.A.B21.B5.BA$6.B.A3.B3.A9.B5.AB3.AB2.B7.A2.A6.AB.
B21.B.A.A3.B.B4.B6.A.B4.A.B2.2B.B2.A8.B7.2B6.2BA.B.B.A.A.B2.BA.B3.B2.
BA3.A2.BA6.AB.AB.BA2.2A4.B2.A3.A5.B.A2.A3.2A3.A2.B$11.A3.A.A.B5.A2.A
5.A2.B8.A5.ABA4.A3.B2.2A2.AB3.A2.A3.B.AB10.A2.B12.A10.B.B3.2B.2B8.B8.
3A2.B.2B.B.B2.A3.2A4.B.BA.B3.B5.B3.A2.BA8.A8.AB.A4.AB.A5.A2.B$B2.A2.A
.BA.A.A5.B6.B.A7.B.B10.A3.B.2B4.BA2.2BA3.2A2.B4.A.AB.B3.B7.A2.BA5.A3.
B8.2BA11.BA.A.B7.2B.A4.B.B4.3A2.A2.B10.BA2.A4.A8.A3.B.2A3.A.B2.A2.B2.
A3.A.2BA4.B$.A.2A5.A.BA2.A.A.A.B2.B.A.B22.BA.A.A4.A3.2A6.BA2.B.2BA9.A
11.B.2B3.A6.A.BAB3.B2.AB2.A3.2B6.A4.B3.A.B.A.A5.B15.B.A3.B.B6.A.B3.B
3.A.A2.B.B3.2A.B5.B3.BA2.2B$.B.A.B2.B.A3.AB6.B.B7.B2.A5.B4.A2.B6.B3.A
.A3.BA2.A20.A7.B9.2A2.A4.A4.B.A15.BA2.A13.A16.B4.A3.A4.A3.A3.A14.A.AB
5.A5.A4.AB$4.2B8.BA.A9.A.2A.A2.AB2.B4.B11.A10.B5.BA3.2A3.B11.B.2A.B.B
8.B.2B.A4.A.B.A9.B3.A5.2A13.B.AB4.AB7.2B.A4.A2.A2.A.2A2.BA3.B5.AB.BA
3.AB5.A3.B$9.B.2AB3.B.A9.A2.B2.A2.BA5.A3.A2.A3.B6.B8.2B2.A6.A10.AB.B
6.B4.A6.A.B.A2B.B5.A8.3B2.B7.B2.A3.A7.3B.A6.2B3.A2.A2.A3.A.B8.2A2B12.
BA3.BA2.B.A$.B4.B5.A2.AB3.B.A.B9.A4.AB.B2.A3.A2.AB.A12.BA6.A7.B2.AB2.
A.A8.A.AB.B17.BAB2.B.B.A.B2.A6.AB2.B2.A.A10.A.A.B7.B9.2A2.B3.A2.A4.A
9.2A.A3.A.BA.B.A4.B$.2AB4.B8.2B.A5.B9.ABA6.A8.2BA4.A7.B3.A.2A5.A7.A.B
3.2A2.A.B2.2A5.A8.A4.B.2A13.B2.B3.B2.B7.A.A7.B.2A.2B6.2A2BA2.A4.2B3.B
3.B2A8.B4.A.A2.A.B4.A2.A$A.A.2A.A2.B.2B2.A2B3.B.B6.ABA10.A5.A6.2B8.A
21.AB.A7.A20.B7.BA6.B.B7.A3.3ABA2.A5.2A2.B3.B2.A2BA4.A.2B3.B4.A2.A4.
2B.AB2.A6.B.A.B7.AB$2.B6.B22.B.A.2B2.2A9.A2.B.A4.A.B5.2B.2AB2.B.B8.B.
2B9.A2.A6.A8.A3.B5.A.A.2A2.2A2.2A7.A3.B.B.A5.A4.A.B8.BA4.3B7.B3.B6.A
2.B3.B2.B2.A10.BA$B2.B4.A3.B3.B3.BA.2B.2AB12.A2.B6.A4.B.A6.B6.B11.A4.
A7.B.B12.A3.A5.A3.B9.B9.A4.B2.A8.2A14.B4.2B5.A2.A9.B2.B7.A.A4.A4.B.A.
BA4.B$.B7.A4.A2.AB.A3.A3.A3B5.A9.B2.2B3.2A5.A.B7.A3.B9.B4.B9.B4.ABA3.
B5.2B3.A.A.A6.B3.B.B3.A4.A.A.A8.B5.A2B5.A4.BA12.2AB3.2A7.A8.B4.B.B.B
2.B5.B$7.A.2A2.BA2.BAB6.A2.B4.A3.B3.B9.A.B4.B.B3.A6.2B4.2B4.B6.2BA.A.
2B4.A.B.AB7.2B5.3A.B7.B9.A7.B2.2AB3.AB7.B5.B15.A4.2B7.B2.A13.B.B.A7.A
$3.BA2.A3.B9.A2.A9.B5.B10.B2.B11.BA.A2.A2.2A9.A2.B2.A3.AB11.B3.B.B.A.
A3.A2.BA6.A7.AB2.BAB.B.AB8.A8.B5.B2.B.A.B2.B9.B4.B3A2.A3.A.2A4.2B2.A.
A2.BA2.AB$4.A2.2BA3.A2.BA6.A2.B.BA2.B2A7.2B2.2A2.A.AB.A4.B.A7.A.B6.B
2.A20.B2.B.B5.2A.A.2B5.B4.B4.A7.A.2B5.B2.A2.3B2.A9.2B9.2B.A2.2BA6.2B.
A11.A2.B2.2B2.B5.A.BA$3.B2.A2.BA2.B2.A.A2.B2.B3.B2.B3.B14.B.AB.AB3.A.
A17.A4.AB6.B2A.B9.BA7.B4.B4.2A2.A2.A2.A5.ABA.B3.2A5.A3.A3.2B8.A8.B2.A
B5.B.BA2.B5.A2.A9.B4.2A2.A2.A.B.B$4.A4.B.B.B2.A3.A3.A.BAB2.B.AB.2A7.A
B4.B2.AB8.2B6.B3.B2.A15.2B11.A4.A.B6.B10.B2.A.A3.A.2A2.A2.B4.3BA5.A4.
B3.A4.A4.A16.A3.BA.2A9.B4.A.B2.AB.A.A2.B$2.B2A.A14.B8.A3.B2.BABA3.A2.
B5.B2.A.A4.A2.A.B5.AB2.A12.B3.A.B3.A2.A2.B.2A3.AB4.B.B.B2.A7.B4.A5.B
4.2A.3A6.B14.B2AB2.A3.B.A6.2B3.2B3.B13.AB6.2B$5.B.A.B5.2B5.BA5.A2.2A
2.A9.B.B.B2.A8.A3.2A.2AB3.B7.2BAB5.A2B5.A.2A7.2A9.B3.A6.B2.2B4.B4.B8.
AB13.A4.B2.B2.A.BA6.B6.B2.AB3.A.A4.B.B.AB3.A9.B$2.3B2.A.A.A4.A16.A7.A
BA7.A3.B2.3A19.A.B8.B2.A3.B2.B3.B3.A2.A11.B7.A2.B5.B2.B.A.B4.B2.AB4.A
15.BA5.B3.A9.A2.A3.A2.B2.B2.A9.B2.A7.B$2A15.B.A5.3A5.B2.2B7.A5.A.B.2A
5.A.B.A11.A2.A2.A6.AB7.AB10.A8.B.A.B6.A.A3.B8.B.A.B.B.A4.A5.A7.B2.B.
2B4.2A22.A7.2ABAB.A.2A3.AB2.A$16.2A9.B3.2A.A2.A4.B2.B.A2.B3A10.B8.2AB
.4BA.A2.B4.B3.B7.B2.BA.B5.BAB6.B.B3.B4.A2.A6.B.B.A2.2A5.B13.B4.4A2.2B
3.A14.A7.B2.A9.B2.B7.2B$3.AB.B3.A.A.A2B9.A4.2B2.BAB2.B3A8.A3.AB3.B2.B
.A2.A4.B3.A9.2B2.3A7.B.BABA3.B8.A.3BA.B2.A2BA11.A.BA.B.B3.A3.2B.B3.A
9.B.A.BABA4.B3.B.A.2A6.A2.2B4.A5.2A9.B$B.A8.B8.A11.B8.B.B4.2A4.B6.BA.
AB6.A14.A.A5.2AB10.AB5.AB2.BA8.ABA.A4.B5.BA4.A13.AB4.B.B2.B3.A5.A3.A.
B.A5.B3.B2.B2.A10.AB5.B4.A$8.B2.B2.B6.A.A2.BA.B3.B2.A3.AB2.A4.B5.2B2.
A2.B.A2.2B3.A4.A9.B5.A.2A5.AB6.B7.B3.B.BA.B12.AB2.B.B2A.B.B2.B2A3.B2A
9.BA4.ABA4.BA3.A2B.2B4.B2.B.A2.B2.BA12.2B2.A2.2B$2.B.A6.A5.B.A.A7.B2.
A6.A3.B12.BA3.BA.2B13.ABABAB.A3.A2.A6.3B8.A3.B.A4.2A2.B7.B2.B13.A.AB.
BA.B.B5.A4.B2.B.B.A2.2B16.A7.B.B2.A3.A$.B.A2.A.A3.BA10.A14.B7.BA3.B3.
AB2.B6.A6.A.A4.BA2.B.B4.A4.3B3.B2.A15.B4.3B3.A3.A6.2B3.B2.BA.AB.AB3.B
.2A18.A.2A.B2.A.A21.A8.B6.A$2A6.A.B.A6.2A11.B2.2A.B.A2.B3A4.BA.B3.B
14.B2.B.A.B3.3B5.A.A2.B2.B3.B.A6.B8.A3.A8.A2.A.A2.A2.A2.B2.B5.BA.B6.A
3.A.B3.A18.B.B4.B.B2.B2.2A5.A.A3.A2.AB3.B2.B$3.A7.B.A4.A2.A2.B7.A4.B.
BA5.A6.B4.B2.2B4.A.2B4.A6.AB11.2B2.2A5.B3.A3.B.BA5.B17.B6.A2.A10.B.A
5.AB.A2.2B3.AB.A4.B2.2AB2.A7.A.B6.A2.B7.B10.B$B.2AB2.A6.A5.A4.B3.B3.A
.A9.2B3.A.B.ABA11.A6.B2.B4.A7.B6.A2.B3A5.B3.B2.A.A.A2.B7.B.3A5.A3.A.B
A2.B2.A2B2.B.2B14.A3.BA4.B2.B.A5.2A.2A5.A6.B8.B.A8.A$.B6.B2.B3.A.2A3.
A.A.B.AB3.A4.B2.B2.A.B13.B.B16.B.AB3.B2.2B2.B.A8.A.A3.3B5.A4.B7.A.B.B
A2.A2.A2.BA7.A5.A7.A.A.B2.B3.B4.B2.B.B4.B8.3A2.ABA5.A16.B$2.B.B2.B2.
2A9.2A4.B2.B4.B.B5.A14.A.A3.A2B4.B3.2B2.B.A.BA2.B.2BA5.A.AB2.B.BAB2.A
2.A5.B6.A5.2A2.B.A.A2.A5.BA4.A7.B2.A2B.A3.B3.A2.2B4.B.B7.B7.A.A.A.A.B
.B5.B10.AB.2A$9.A6.AB.B2.A2.2A8.2B.AB3.2B.A3.B2.A.A3.B3.B2.B7.A.B8.AB
3.B12.AB3.A8.BA7.A3.A4.BA6.B6.B8.B3.2B2.A8.A5.B12.A6.A.B2.B9.B3.B.A4.
A2.3A.2B$3.2B7.2A.AB.A4.B2.A5.A5.A2.2B.B.A4.A.B4.2B9.B4.B2.A2B8.AB2.B
4.A2.B10.B.2AB.A2.B7.B5.A.A6.B.B10.A.A5.2A.A3.A2.2A3.A.B6.2A.2B2.AB3.
A.B.A2.A2.A11.2B.A.B2.BA.B2.BA$A6.BA.A2.B3.A4.A2.B5.AB2.A4.B.A9.A.B3.
A.B2AB20.A3.BA2.B.AB3.2B3.B2.A2.A.B2.B.A2.B4.B11.B.B4.A3.B.A3.AB7.A3.
A2.A8.B2.B.A6.B.AB.B2.B.B.A2.2AB3.A4.B.B.BAB.B.A.A6.A$6.A3.A2.AB5.A7.
A.BA.B8.B4.A3.A2.BA3.A.B.BA4.B5.A2.B6.2A3.A2B3.2B3.B5.B3.B.A4.A.2B2.
3B.B2.A18.A4.A.A3.B2.B4.B3.B3.2A.B2A2.2B8.ABA10.B2.2BA4.A9.B.A.2B3.B$
A3.B.B2.2BAB2.B18.A.B.B3.B3.A9.A8.2A2.B12.B.B.A6.A4.A2.B.B2.BA2.BA2.A
5.A.B.B10.B7.B3.BA2.A.BA11.B.A.A2.AB.B.B2.A2.A.A8.AB.B.B2.B5.BA6.B3.A
4.B4.A$2.B4.B2.B3.A3.A11.B2.2A.B3.AB3.A6.A.B5.A.2A4.A5.BA6.BA9.A2.B
13.BA.B.2A3.AB5.A2.B4.B2.2AB8.A9.AB5.B.2B.A7.B.A.AB2.B3.A.A2.BA10.A7.
B2.A7.A.A.B2.B.BA$5.B2.A2.B.AB3.BA6.B11.B4.B8.A3.A10.B.A6.BA3.B6.2A2.
2B3.B.A8.AB.AB6.2A6.A8.B3.B.A.A.AB4.B2.B2.A5.B4.B4.B2.2B2.B3.B3.B6.B
4.A2.A.3A5.B7.B2.A.A.AB4.A.A$4.B.A5.B.A.B4.AB.A6.A2.A8.A.A7.B3.B.BA.B
9.A5.B2.B2.B2.A2.B2.B2.AB2.B8.2B.AB.AB2.B4.AB7.B4.A.A4.A10.B9.A11.A.B
.A5.AB7.A2.B.AB18.A4.2A.AB2.B.A$.B2.BA.B2A2.B.B3.A7.A3.B2.2B.A2.B.A2.
B.B3.A2B13.A3.2A2.B8.B4.2B4.B2.2BA4.B10.B7.B3.BA5.B9.B2.B.B2.B3.B2A.B
.A.B3.A4.B.A2.A3.3B6.BA6.A2B6.B.B2.B5.A4.B3A4.AB$10.A2.A.B.A4.A7.B2.B
4.B7.A.A5.A2.A3.A5.B.B.B4.B4.B2.B3.A3.B3.B2.A8.2AB.A2.A2.B.A9.B.B2.BA
B.B9.A4.A.A3.BA3.2A.B5.B.2B2.2AB.2B10.B3.B4.A.A5.AB.B3.A.A.ABA5.B3.AB
$B3.B5.B2.B2.B9.A7.A3.A.A.B.B4.B2.2A.A9.2A8.A.A.B8.2B5.A3.A2.A3.A7.B
4.B8.2A.2A2.A3.B4.A2.B2.A3.A2.ABA5.B2.B.B3.A3.B2.A3.2A6.B2.A.BA3.2B2.
BA3.AB.B4.2B2A.B3.B4.3A$4.B9.A.3A2.B2.B10.A5.A6.2A6.2A5.A5.A.A.A2B2.B
3.A3.B6.2A3.A11.A.A4.2B.A.B3.B4.A.B.A5.A2.A2B6.B.2B.B2.A9.A10.A.A.B8.
B.A5.A3.A3.A3.B8.3A3.B4.B.A$2.BA3.A4.B2.2A3.B7.B.B6.B.2A3.2B6.B.2AB3.
A6.A3.B4.2A.B.A.B.A2.A8.B10.A.B9.A.B3.A.B6.A2.A5.B6.A2.AB8.B.A4.A2.B
2.B24.A3.B2.A4.B11.B3.B.BAB$7.ABA9.A8.A26.BA.AB12.A4.2A4.A6.A8.B.A5.A
.A2.A6.B4.B4.BA6.B2.B3.B2.2B7.A4.B6.B4.B6.B4.B3.A.B.A2.A11.A2.B15.A7.
A$2.B2.AB6.B3.B2.B5.2B2.ABA3.B11.B3.A.A.A4.A3.BA7.A.B.AB4.3A2.B2.A.AB
.A6.A8.B.B5.2A3.A.A2.B3.A3.A2.B3.B3.B.A2.AB7.A2B7.B12.BA3.A.AB2.2B7.
2A2B2A.AB17.B$3.B5.A2.A8.A.B6.B2.A6.AB.B4.BA7.A12.A5.A.A.A5.A10.B.B2.
B2.A7.A3.A3.A3.2B4.B3.BA5.A.A16.B3.B2.A.A4.B3.B6.B2.B2.B.A6.AB5.BA2.B
.B3.B7.A3.A3.B$4.B2.B4.AB7.B3.2B5.B2.BA2.B7.A3.BA5.AB.A.B.AB3.B.B4.B
2.2B2.2BA5.B2.A2.A2.B5.B.A.A14.A2.B8.A.A9.B.B2.A2.A5.B.B14.B2.A4.AB7.
A17.2AB2A.B2.A3.B5.A$4.3A4.A2.BA.AB5.A.B10.B2A2.A5.AB.A2.2AB4.B4.A7.
2B8.B.A3.A5.2A2.A3.A2.B7.B.B4.BAB2.B20.2A2.B2.A3.B5.B.A3.AB3.B.B10.B.
B3.A2.A4.B4.2B4.B2.A.A2.B.AB.A3.B2.A$.A.A.AB8.B9.B3A2.B4.A5.2B11.B.B
6.A7.B.A3.B4.B5.B2.A5.A.2A.2A3.B5.B3.B.A.AB3.A4.A3.A4.2B8.B5.A3.A3.AB
AB4.2A3.A6.A8.2A.B.A.B15.B4.B.A2.A2.BA5.B$5.A5.A2.B.B4.A2.2A.B.A2.A4.
B16.A.A.3B4.B2.A2.A4.A.B4.2B12.B10.AB6.A4.A.B.A30.B6.A5.B4.A23.A8.2AB
2.BA2B3.A3.2B3.B3.B4.A$13.B3.AB4.B9.B3.B4.A.AB6.B.A.A.B.3B3.B.A.A.B
20.B4.A6.BA4.A.A4.2A2.2B2.B6.A9.A3.A2.B.BAB5.A7.A3.AB6.ABA2.A7.2B2.B
4.A4.BABA.2AB2.A2.A3.B8.BAB$4.B2.2A13.B2.2A10.A2.BA6.B3.B3.B6.2B4.A6.
B9.AB7.B2A.2B15.B.B6.2B9.B9.A6.2B2.2A4.B3.2B5.B10.A2.B3.AB2A.2A.A10.A
B5.A5.B5.B.B2.B$.A3.B.A2.B2A.B3.2AB2.B3.B2.B2.B4.B5.2AB4.A2B.2B9.B4.B
3.A10.A3.A.B4.A6.B4.A2.A8.B.B2.B2.A3.A.2BA.B3.A4.2A4.2B4.AB8.B2.B.B
13.A5.2B6.B4.B9.B5.A2.3A!
Edit 2: Wow, a P26 glider gun. I wasn't expecting to see one pop out of soup anytime soon.
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 11, rule = Symbiosis
.A$.B$B.A$2B.B$.B.BA$2.2B$2.B$3.A$2.AB$2.A$.B!
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
1
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 8:36 pm
Here's a p165 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
A.2A$2A3.2A$B.A3.A$.B.A.A.B$2.B.A.B!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 8:41 pm
Here is a powerful p18 sparker.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 4, rule = Symbiosis
5.A$.2A3.A$A.3A2.B$.2AB!
Edit: Here's a p13 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
5.A$6.AB$BA2.2A$2.3A.B$3.B!
It can be turned into a p10.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 8, rule = Symbiosis
3.A$3.B3$5.2AB$BA2.2A$2.3A.B$3.B!
Last edited by
MathAndCode on November 25th, 2020, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
bubblegum
Posts: 961 Joined: August 25th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Location: click here to do nothing
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by bubblegum » November 25th, 2020, 8:47 pm
p137 double-barrelled glider gun from the p223:
Code: Select all
x = 15, y = 15, rule = Symbiosis
13.BA2$10.A$9.AB6$.2B8.2B$2B7.2B2.BA$.2B.3B.2B2.B.A$4.4B.B.B.A$3.2A.B
.A.2BA$4.BA!
Each day is a hidden opportunity, a frozen waterfall that's waiting to be realised, and one that I'll probably be ignoring
sonata wrote:July 2nd, 2020, 8:33 pm conwaylife signatures are amazing[
citation needed ]
anything
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 8:49 pm
Here's a p11 oscillator.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 5, rule = Symbiosis
6.2A$6.2A$BA5.B$2.3A.B$3.B.B!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 8:53 pm
MathAndCode wrote: November 25th, 2020, 8:41 pm
Here is a powerful p18 sparker.
Code: Select all
x = 8, y = 4, rule = Symbiosis
5.A$.2A3.A$A.3A2.B$.2AB!
I think your edit button broke.
Unfortunately, I can't find a matching sparker to make another P18 gun out of this.
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 9, rule = Symbiosis
7.2A2$4.3A2$6.A$4.A$.3A2.A$A.4A.B$.2AB!
Edit: P16 billiard table. No sparks at all.
Code: Select all
x = 7, y = 8, rule = Symbiosis
B2A$.A.2B$.B2.A.B$.A.3A$A.3A.A$.A.3A$.B3.AB$BA3.B!
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274 Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by MathAndCode » November 25th, 2020, 8:59 pm
Here is a p24.
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 6, rule = Symbiosis
2.2A$2A2.A$3.A$2.A.B$2A.B$2.B!
wwei23 wrote: November 25th, 2020, 8:53 pm Unfortunately, I can't find a matching sparker to make another P18 gun out of this.
Code: Select all
x = 9, y = 9, rule = Symbiosis
7.2A2$4.3A2$6.A$4.A$.3A2.A$A.4A.B$.2AB!
A p9 pipsquirter would work. Do we have that?
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23
Quote
Login to like this post
Post
by wwei23 » November 25th, 2020, 9:01 pm
A really weird P7.
Code: Select all
x = 5, y = 8, rule = Symbiosis
A2.B$A2.A$A.A$.3AB$.2A2$.2B$.2B!
MathAndCode wrote: November 25th, 2020, 8:59 pm
A p9 pipsquirter would work. Do we have that?
It would bump into the P18 before it finished forming the spark. However, a corner sparker might work.
Code: Select all
x = 91, y = 12, rule = Symbiosis
8.2A$7.3A80.A$7.2A79.A$8.A79.A.A$88.A$5.2A78.2A3.A$4.2A78.2A$4.3A77.
3A$5.A79.A$.A4.A74.A4.A$A.4A.B72.A.4A.B$.2AB77.2AB!
EDIT: Another P16 that can't be used to make a gun in the way that seems obvious to me.
Code: Select all
x = 11, y = 10, rule = Symbiosis
2.2B$2.B$3.2A$BA.A2.A$.A5.B$2.BA2.2A$7.A.BA$4.A2.A2.B$4.A.A3.B$8.BA!
Last edited by wwei23 on November 25th, 2020, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.