Let's create a language!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:57 am I hate to say it, but I don't understand any of how this logic is supposed to work, so that might require more explaining to me. Consider this a trial run of the word-generating algorithm. How does this work for you?
Who->ocyxh
What->yonky
Where->atycx
When->imsyc
How->evuza
All->eohaz
Some->sazuh
Few->btiop
Other->advao
Long->ylyso
We already have some of these words.
I think the program is random.
Can you please look how the language looks like in detail?I think we should follow the sound of it to make all the words compatible with each other as it is in the natural languages. It will sound like a mess otherwise.
If you can,please participate in the Fun facts. Also,please visit Board And Card Games where I have posted a card game count bridge. I love card games and will publish some until the end of this day if I have time,as well as some chess variants.
Please play it if you have a deck,I really want to hear what an outsider thinks of it. So far I only played it with my mother and she loves it.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 11:09 am We already have some of these words.
Sorry, but I can't find the word list anywhere.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 11:09 am I think the program is random.
Yes it is. It's honestly the best I can do with my limited understanding of this phonetic and orthographic stuff.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:05 am
BokaBB wrote: November 8th, 2020, 6:27 am
BokaBB wrote: November 6th, 2020, 12:35 pm
Just making spreadsheet closer.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Here you can find all the words and even add yours!
Can you add a fun fact to Fun facts,please?Also,can you check my game?Say if I should stop.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:36 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:40 am
Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:23 am

That's not what we want. Plus, the new language is also interesting.
All,all,ALL of my life was pain,suffering and death. Everyone where I appear I can' prevent evil things fro happening. But it is NOT my fault. Godly. From the beggining of my life I was cursed and and attacked almost without a reason (there is a degree of ffamily reasons,but I wasn't responsible for them)and people accused me for the things I didn't have done.
Please help me. We are not in the war anymore. Please help me to find light in my life. I can't resist being attacked by dark magic and devils anymore. I want light. I reallly want light.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Please read,Schaparelio,Hunting and fluffykitty.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 11:36 am Here you can find all the words and even add yours!
But which section?
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 11:46 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 11:36 am Here you can find all the words and even add yours!
But which section?
Roots. In Affixes you can find the affixes.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 11:36 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:36 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:40 am
All,all,ALL of my life was pain,suffering and death. Everyone where I appear I can' prevent evil things fro happening. But it is NOT my fault. Godly. From the beggining of my life I was cursed and and attacked almost without a reason (there is a degree of ffamily reasons,but I wasn't responsible for them)and people accused me for the things I didn't have done.
Please help me. We are not in the war anymore. Please help me to find light in my life. I can't resist being attacked by dark magic and devils anymore. I want light. I reallly want light.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Please read,Schaparelio,Hunting and fluffykitty.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:36 am
Please read,Schaparelio,Hunting and fluffykitty.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
At least I already did.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 13th, 2020, 5:03 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:36 am
Please read,Schaparelio,Hunting and fluffykitty.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
At least I already did.
Hope you understood.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

I promise I won't be authoritary or have any rule here. Please come back. Please forget that The Golden Campaign ever existed.
Lisko for reading and hopefully for backing here.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

BokaBB wrote: November 15th, 2020, 4:53 pm Can you participate in making Komal and Umnjaaw languages, please?
Have a good day!

BokaBB
What's Komal and Umnjaaw?
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

Komal is the language we're making here, and Umnjaaw is Boka's alien language idea.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 4:56 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 15th, 2020, 4:53 pm Can you participate in making Komal and Umnjaaw languages, please?
Have a good day!

BokaBB
What's Komal and Umnjaaw?
Komal is the language we are making here, Umnjaaw of some weird aliens on its own thread.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

You should add links to those in your signature.
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

BokaBB wrote: November 15th, 2020, 4:58 pm Komal is the language we are making here, Umnjaaw of some weird aliens on its own thread.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Well, I still don't understand your word-making logic so I won't be able to generate words the way you like yet, so please explain in more detail. :P
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 5:05 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 15th, 2020, 4:58 pm Komal is the language we are making here, Umnjaaw of some weird aliens on its own thread.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Well, I still don't understand your word-making logic so I won't be able to generate words the way you like yet, so please explain in more detail. :P
You can find more details at Wikipedia and our spreadsheet.
We usually make words randomly or by combining other words. Affixes are added at the beginning or the end of the roots. Examples: -eo makes something a verb, -ut intensifies things, -p (or -ep if the root ends with a consonant) marks things similar to something (Rige - Sun,rigep - star),-e or ne makes tools or something used for something (rigeo - to shine,rig - shine, Rige - Sun). Fun to learn!
Please be continuously active and don't go anywhere for some time.
So far in the Umnjaaw language we only have 1 word created and you can control it from the beginning!
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

Uh, how's this for words?

Code: Select all

imyew
ushis
muapt
arlav
taazp
ofinu
joely
savoq
tuila
hieta
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 15th, 2020, 5:21 pm Uh, how's this for words?

Code: Select all

imyew
ushis
muapt
arlav
taazp
ofinu
joely
savoq
tuila
hieta
Hmmmm,not very Komal - style,but.....
What about checking Umnjaaw and contributing it?I think it is higher priority now.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

I haven't forgotten this language, I can still contribute. What should I do?
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

We could use more adverbs and stuff.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 16th, 2020, 4:54 pm I haven't forgotten this language, I can still contribute. What should I do?
Phonotactics.
Do you understand my life story?
I promise I won't have any rule here and I will join Hunting's language project if he removes hating stuff.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 19th, 2020, 11:40 am Phonotactics.
Do you understand my life story?
I promise I won't have any rule here and I will join Hunting's language project if he removes hating stuff.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Ok then. What are your suggestions?
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 19th, 2020, 12:05 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 19th, 2020, 11:40 am Phonotactics.
Do you understand my life story?
I promise I won't have any rule here and I will join Hunting's language project if he removes hating stuff.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Ok then. What are your suggestions?
I don't want sound disappearing or combining to be common. I want relatively simple phonotactics. So far we haven't created much cases where sounds disappear or combine. About consonant clusters,no more are allowed to be made. Please make a ,,Phonotactics" subsheet and quote the spreadsheet to make it closer.
Do you forgive me?
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

BokaBB wrote: November 19th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 19th, 2020, 12:05 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 19th, 2020, 11:40 am Phonotactics.
Do you understand my life story?
I promise I won't have any rule here and I will join Hunting's language project if he removes hating stuff.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Ok then. What are your suggestions?
I don't want sound disappearing or combining to be common. I want relatively simple phonotactics. So far we haven't created much cases where sounds disappear or combine. About consonant clusters,no more are allowed to be made. Please make a ,,Phonotactics" subsheet and quote the spreadsheet to make it closer.
Do you forgive me?
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

I already made one of those a while ago.
Post Reply