Let's create a language!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

fluffykitty wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:29 am Actually, it's just you.
Hunting declared the war on me by provoking me.

Boka B
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

What I should do to make you back?

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:36 am
fluffykitty wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:29 am Actually, it's just you.
Hunting declared the war on me by provoking me.

Boka B
Actually, it's just you.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:36 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:36 am
fluffykitty wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:29 am Actually, it's just you.
Hunting declared the war on me by provoking me.

Boka B
Actually, it's just you.
You provoked me. You began the war.
I will try to decrease my authority.

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:46 am
Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:36 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:36 am
Hunting declared the war on me by provoking me.

Boka B
Actually, it's just you.
You provoked me. You began the war.
I will try to decrease my authority.

BokaBB
I created the new language because I had enough of your so-called collabrative project. No one is "warring".
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:51 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:46 am
Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:36 am

Actually, it's just you.
You provoked me. You began the war.
I will try to decrease my authority.

BokaBB
I created the new language because I had enough of your so-called collabrative project. No one is "warring".
It IS collaborative. I am just trying not to make it a mess.We are in a war,you declared it on me when you provoked me,or at least I understood that like that. You are not my friend anymore,or at least until you remove your project.
Moderators,don't ban me,this is just my view on the situation.

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 8:01 am
Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:51 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 7:46 am
You provoked me. You began the war.
I will try to decrease my authority.

BokaBB
I created the new language because I had enough of your so-called collabrative project. No one is "warring".
It IS collaborative. I am just trying not to make it a mess.We are in a war,you declared it on me when you provoked me,or at least I understood that like that. You are not my friend anymore,or at least until you remove your project.
Moderators,don't ban me,this is just my view on the situation.

BokaBB
Unfortunately, it's YOU who made it a mess. You cannot force anyone. As long as people are interested, my language can continue.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

Please stop making irrelevant posts on this thread.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Please,PLEASE sorry and back here. I will accept whatever you wish just to make you back here.

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Hunting
Posts: 4401
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Hunting »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:17 am Please,PLEASE sorry and back here. I will accept whatever you wish just to make you back here.

BokaBB
That's not what we want. Plus, the new language is also interesting.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:17 am Please,PLEASE sorry and back here. I will accept whatever you wish just to make you back here.

BokaBB
I can come back. I don't want everything, just some stuff, especially regarding phonology.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:23 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:17 am Please,PLEASE sorry and back here. I will accept whatever you wish just to make you back here.

BokaBB
That's not what we want. Plus, the new language is also interesting.
All,all,ALL of my life was pain,suffering and death. Everyone where I appear I can' prevent evil things fro happening. But it is NOT my fault. Godly. From the beggining of my life I was cursed and and attacked almost without a reason (there is a degree of ffamily reasons,but I wasn't responsible for them)and people accused me for the things I didn't have done.
Please help me. We are not in the war anymore. Please help me to find light in my life. I can't resist being attacked by dark magic and devils anymore. I want light. I reallly want light.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

BokaBB. It's me again. When you said we were in war, I thought you meant you wanted us to create words that meant being in a state of war. I don't understand what any of this phonetic or orthographic stuff or whatever is, but I'll give it a try. How's this?
War->"Valrn"
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:56 am BokaBB. It's me again. When you said we were in war, I thought you meant you wanted us to create words that meant being in a state of war. I don't understand what any of this phonetic or orthographic stuff or whatever is, but I'll give it a try. How's this?
War->"Valrn"
War is already zak.
Please read my last message. Please open your heart while reading it. It is so emotive you must open your heart to understand.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:58 am War is already zak.
Ah. I see.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:58 am Please read my last message. Please open your heart while reading it. It is so emotive you must open your heart to understand.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I understand what that can do to a person, and I can see how this could have made you this way. Anyways, since I have literally no idea how this phonetic or orthographic stuff works, all I can really do is jump into word-making. Shall we start? :P
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:02 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:58 am War is already zak.
Ah. I see.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:58 am Please read my last message. Please open your heart while reading it. It is so emotive you must open your heart to understand.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I understand what that can do to a person, and I can see how this could have made you this way. Anyways, since I have literally no idea how this phonetic or orthographic stuff works, all I can really do is jump into word-making. Shall we start? :P
Ta (yes).
Please check if the word is in the spreadsheet before making.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

BokaBB wrote: November 8th, 2020, 6:27 am
BokaBB wrote: November 6th, 2020, 12:35 pm
Moosey wrote: November 5th, 2020, 9:39 am

that sounds highly biased



https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1126530732
Just making spreadsheet closer.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

Right. Where should we start?
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:12 am Right. Where should we start?
No idea. In one of my recent messages is a spreadsheet that contains the language.
Make anything that was not already made.
You are a really,really good person. I will add you to my friends list.
I had some attempts to apgsearch but I don't know where I wrote payosha256 key and don't know how to install Python. Can you help me?
Please call others to back here and reconcile with me.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am Make anything that was not already made.
Sure. Just need to write a simple word-generating algorithm first.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am You are a really,really good person. I will add you to my friends list.
If people have made you this way by being mean to you, hopefully I can undo this by being nice to you.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am I had some attempts to apgsearch but I don't know where I wrote payosha256 key and don't know how to install Python. Can you help me?
I will try. First of all, you need a Golly version under 4.0. Do you have that?
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am Please call others to back here and reconcile with me.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I'll see what I can do.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:24 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am Make anything that was not already made.
Sure. Just need to write a simple word-generating algorithm first.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am You are a really,really good person. I will add you to my friends list.
If people have made you this way by being mean to you, hopefully I can undo this by being nice to you.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am I had some attempts to apgsearch but I don't know where I wrote payosha256 key and don't know how to install Python. Can you help me?
I will try. First of all, you need a Golly version under 4.0. Do you have that?
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:18 am Please call others to back here and reconcile with me.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I'll see what I can do.
I have just installed the latest version,I had older before.
Please use my logic when making the words.
Ignore things made by fluffykitty,they were mostly denied.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:24 am Sure. Just need to write a simple word-generating algorithm first.
Please have some words be 2 or more syllables. Not too many though, maybe like 10% or something of them. I feel like this languages lacks them. Also, look at existing words for phonotactical rules because we haven't defined them yet.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:40 am
Hunting wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:23 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 9:17 am Please,PLEASE sorry and back here. I will accept whatever you wish just to make you back here.

BokaBB
That's not what we want. Plus, the new language is also interesting.
All,all,ALL of my life was pain,suffering and death. Everyone where I appear I can' prevent evil things fro happening. But it is NOT my fault. Godly. From the beggining of my life I was cursed and and attacked almost without a reason (there is a degree of ffamily reasons,but I wasn't responsible for them)and people accused me for the things I didn't have done.
Please help me. We are not in the war anymore. Please help me to find light in my life. I can't resist being attacked by dark magic and devils anymore. I want light. I reallly want light.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Please read,Schaparelio,Hunting and fluffykitty.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

I hate to say it, but I don't understand any of how this logic is supposed to work, so that might require more explaining to me. Consider this a trial run of the word-generating algorithm. How does this work for you?
Who->ocyxh
What->yonky
Where->atycx
When->imsyc
How->evuza
All->eohaz
Some->sazuh
Few->btiop
Other->advao
Long->ylyso
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

wwei23 wrote: November 12th, 2020, 10:57 am I hate to say it, but I don't understand any of how this logic is supposed to work, so that might require more explaining to me. Consider this a trial run of the word-generating algorithm. How does this work for you?
Who->ocyxh
What->yonky
Where->atycx
When->imsyc
How->evuza
All->eohaz
Some->sazuh
Few->btiop
Other->advao
Long->ylyso
1)Plosives shouldn't be in the same syllable next to each other like "btiop".
2)Y isn't a vowel, so "yonky","ylyso","ocyxh" and "imsyc" don't work. Your algorithm also seems to be weighted towards using y a lot.
3)X makes the sound /x/, so "ocyxh" doesn't work.
Other than those three, I don't see any problems.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Post Reply