Let's create a language!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

I don't think that post caused it. Also, I think a good way to figure out what we need to add to the language is to post in the Komal-only thread.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

The Golden Campaign

Post by BokaBB »

We must accept the phonology by me to progress,since....
I officially declare the beginning of The Golden Campaign!In the following period we must amass making words and everything else!
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

San can't be or because it is already friend. Instead,it will be pau. Other duplicates don't have to be removed.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: The Golden Campaign

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 10:22 am We must accept the phonology by me to progress,since....
I officially declare the beginning of The Golden Campaign!In the following period we must amass making words and everything else!
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
No. I'm sorry but I will not accept all of your phonology. I am ready to compromise, but you must too. You said you wanted this to be a collaborative project, but it seems to me like you are taking a little too much control of it.
fluffykitty wrote: November 10th, 2020, 5:32 am I don't think that post caused it. Also, I think a good way to figure out what we need to add to the language is to post in the Komal-only thread.
What should I post there? It seems like we are posting long complex sentences that I have trouble understanding. What are you posting there?
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: The Golden Campaign

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:20 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 10:22 am We must accept the phonology by me to progress,since....
I officially declare the beginning of The Golden Campaign!In the following period we must amass making words and everything else!
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
No. I'm sorry but I will not accept all of your phonology. I am ready to compromise, but you must too. You said you wanted this to be a collaborative project, but it seems to me like you are taking a little too much control of it.
fluffykitty wrote: November 10th, 2020, 5:32 am I don't think that post caused it. Also, I think a good way to figure out what we need to add to the language is to post in the Komal-only thread.
What should I post there? It seems like we are posting long complex sentences that I have trouble understanding. What are you posting there?
The Golden Campaign is a way to progress in vocabulary. We should at least delay talking about phonology.
Expect more respect if you are active in Fun facts. Please lereo there,I wish that place to grow.
In Komal - dag belsan we don't even understand each other since fluffykitty speaks heterorthodox Komal that I don't understand. My Komal has incomparably better sound and is easier and I don't plan to accept any extremist changes.
Lagu,
Minu! - Please!
Lagu - also
Lagu,to do will be pefeo since the existing word is too long for my taste.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm The Golden Campaign is a way to progress in vocabulary. We should at least delay talking about phonology.
We need to decide on grammar and phonology. We should only add vocabulary we need for the Komal-only thread.
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm.
In Komal - dag belsan we don't even understand each other since fluffykitty speaks heterorthodox Komal that I don't understand. My Komal has incomparably better sound and is easier and I don't plan to accept any extremist changes.
I can easily understand your Komal, but that's probably mostly because you've barely said anything. Information about my Komal's rules is available in the "Fluffy's grammar things" and "New roots" sheets. I still don't see how your Komal sounds better, and why are my changes "extremist"?
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm Lagu - also
I think we should just use <ay> "and" for "also".
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

fluffykitty wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:18 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm The Golden Campaign is a way to progress in vocabulary. We should at least delay talking about phonology.
We need to decide on grammar and phonology. We should only add vocabulary we need for the Komal-only thread.
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm.
In Komal - dag belsan we don't even understand each other since fluffykitty speaks heterorthodox Komal that I don't understand. My Komal has incomparably better sound and is easier and I don't plan to accept any extremist changes.
I can easily understand your Komal, but that's probably mostly because you've barely said anything. Information about my Komal's rules is available in the "Fluffy's grammar things" and "New roots" sheets. I still don't see how your Komal sounds better, and why are my changes "extremist"?
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 3:45 pm Lagu - also
I think we should just use <ay> "and" for "also".
I am carefully planning my words and I think a lot that my one is more plesant to the ears and eyes (in the written form). You can create new words,but make them look like the thing I am trying to make.
You are attempting to change everything from the most basic level,that is why.
-ut lost usage a lot,we need to rework some words. First of all, to come will be leruteo from now.
Please participate in the Fun facts. I really want to see that place big and vast. Say if I am annoying.
If we don't have beautiful,it will be lik.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm I am carefully planning my words and I think a lot that my one is more plesant to the ears and eyes (in the written form).
I disagree.
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm You are attempting to change everything from the most basic level,that is why.
"Everything" isn't very much under your system. Please make more rules.
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm -ut lost usage a lot,we need to rework some words. First of all, to come will be leruteo from now.
That makes no sense. How is "to go intensely" equal to "to come"?
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm Please participate in the Fun facts. I really want to see that place big and vast. Say if I am annoying.
Posted there.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

fluffykitty wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:44 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm I am carefully planning my words and I think a lot that my one is more plesant to the ears and eyes (in the written form).
I disagree.
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm You are attempting to change everything from the most basic level,that is why.
"Everything" isn't very much under your system. Please make more rules.
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm -ut lost usage a lot,we need to rework some words. First of all, to come will be leruteo from now.
That makes no sense. How is "to go intensely" equal to "to come"?
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:24 pm Please participate in the Fun facts. I really want to see that place big and vast. Say if I am annoying.
Posted there.
If you check the usage of -ut so far, you will see everything.
Komal with all rules that were approved by me is my Komal.
Extremism means that you want to change everything radically. If you can and know how, please add here a link where some two words that are radically different in two Komals are pronounced. Please don't post your actual speaking of them,I don't want to make anyone reveal personal information. I hope there is a program for that. You don't have to if not possible.
There is a competition at the Writing Club!
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm If you check the usage of -ut so far, you will see everything.
Other usages seem like intensification. "To go intensely" is still not "to come".
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm Komal with all rules that were approved by me is my Komal.
Why do you think your verbal system is better?
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm Extremism means that you want to change everything radically. If you can and know how, please add here a link where some two words that are radically different in two Komals are pronounced. Please don't post your actual speaking of them,I don't want to make anyone reveal personal information. I hope there is a program for that. You don't have to if not possible.
Not really sure how I'd do that except by posting a recording of myself, and I don't want to do that.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

fluffykitty wrote: November 11th, 2020, 5:00 pm
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm If you check the usage of -ut so far, you will see everything.
Other usages seem like intensification. "To go intensely" is still not "to come".
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm Komal with all rules that were approved by me is my Komal.
Why do you think your verbal system is better?
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm Extremism means that you want to change everything radically. If you can and know how, please add here a link where some two words that are radically different in two Komals are pronounced. Please don't post your actual speaking of them,I don't want to make anyone reveal personal information. I hope there is a program for that. You don't have to if not possible.
Not really sure how I'd do that except by posting a recording of myself, and I don't want to do that.
When two spiteful people meet....
Ngongom system aken easier and better sounding.
Please see a competition at the Writing Club!
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

You still need constructions for "the cat which I saw" and "I slept well".
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

fluffykitty wrote: November 11th, 2020, 5:32 pm You still need constructions for "the cat which I saw" and "I slept well".
Gi - well
The second is obvious now.
Which will be the same word as that.
Problems solved.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

Seems kinda lazy. In my version those would be <mau gon emadde> and <Gon kopat bel> (assuming <byo> is already a verb, as in one of your posts in the Komal-only thread).
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: The Golden Campaign

Post by Moosey »

BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 10:22 am In the following period we must amass making words
NO

WE NEED A GOOD PHONOLOGY AND ORTHOGRAPHY AND SO FORTH FIRST HJDSADSDAJHFDHASFHAFISJNFJ
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

The phonology/phonotactics on the "mess around here" sheet has received support. Also, you should participate in the Komal-only thread. (Random nonsense does not count.)
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

fluffykitty wrote: November 11th, 2020, 9:58 pm The phonology/phonotactics on the "mess around here" sheet has received support. Also, you should participate in the Komal-only thread. (Random nonsense does not count.)
I looked at your phonology on the "mess around here" sheet and 100% agree with it. All we need now is agreeing on vowels and c. I saw you proposed getting rid of /j/(h). I am maybe okay with that, but I'd like to point out that we also have /x/. I want that sound to be used.
BokaBB wrote: November 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm If you check the usage of -ut so far, you will see everything.
Komal with all rules that were approved by me is my Komal.
Extremism means that you want to change everything radically. If you can and know how, please add here a link where some two words that are radically different in two Komals are pronounced. Please don't post your actual speaking of them,I don't want to make anyone reveal personal information. I hope there is a program for that. You don't have to if not possible.
There is a competition at the Writing Club!
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I don't entirely disagree with you. I also think that i should be /i/. I would also like to say that languages are not simple, some languages might be easier to learn by certain people because the languages are related. I don't want this languages to be too difficult, but keeping it simple should not be our main priority. It should be making it functional and perhaps beautiful in some way. I will also post at the Fun Fact thread. I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 12th, 2020, 1:29 am [...] but I'd like to point out that we also have /x/. I want that sound to be used.
AFAICT that sound is currently not used by any word or affix.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

fluffykitty wrote: November 12th, 2020, 4:31 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 12th, 2020, 1:29 am [...] but I'd like to point out that we also have /x/. I want that sound to be used.
AFAICT that sound is currently not used by any word or affix.
I know that, but I still want it.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

Then it needs to appear in words or affixes. Maybe you could use it in a conjunction or preposition. We still don't have an "of" for some reason.
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

WE ARE IN THE STATE OF WAR!!!!!!!
I LEGALIZE CAPITALISING NOW AS LONG AS IT IS NOT USED FOR ARGUING.
ALL LANGUAGE TALKS MUST STOP IN FAVOUR OF WARRING!!!!!
fluffykitty, remove that second from your signature!
HUNTING IS NO LONGER MY FRIEND ANYMORE (TECHNICALLY HE EVEN WASN'T AT ALL).
DOES WE HAVE THE WORD FOR WAR?IF NOT,ZAK.
MALZAK!!MALZAK!!MALZAK!!MALZAK!!
(moderators, I hope I won't get banned,I will stop if you say so)

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:02 am WE ARE IN THE STATE OF WAR!!!!!!!
This is a terrible idea.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:02 am fluffykitty, remove that second from your signature!
No.
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:02 am BokaBB
No good days anymore? Darn.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

fluffykitty wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:06 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:02 am WE ARE IN THE STATE OF WAR!!!!!!!
This is a terrible idea.
Yes. We aren't and shouldn't enemies in any way.
fluffykitty wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:06 am
BokaBB wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:02 am BokaBB
No good days anymore? Darn.
Haha
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

fluffykitty wrote: November 12th, 2020, 6:06 am No good days anymore? Darn.
We are in the state of war.

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
fluffykitty
Posts: 1178
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by fluffykitty »

Actually, it's just you.
Post Reply