Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Post Reply
User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 116
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by LuxiusGOL »

I'm back!
This rule is pretty cool, and also uses the neighborhood of a Glider.
R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D is the rule. I call it Larger than Glider. It can produce a lot of spaceships with really large periods.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 4, rule = R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D
o$2o$b2o$3o!
is one of the smallest ships.
All of them are camelships (at least I know they are).
iambackhooray
User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 116
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by LuxiusGOL »

DripLife: R2,C0,M0,S3..7,B6..7,N@239BFF
Bamboo: R1,C0,S1-3,B3-5,N@FA
Last edited by LuxiusGOL on November 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iambackhooray
User avatar
NoAyeBeardo
Posts: 261
Joined: June 16th, 2020, 12:38 pm
Location: A house, or a flat, or a [click to expand]

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by NoAyeBeardo »

LuxiusGOL wrote: November 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm I'm back!
This rule is pretty cool, and also uses the neighborhood of a Glider.
R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D is the rule. I call it Larger than Glider. It can produce a lot of spaceships with really large periods.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 4, rule = R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D
o$2o$b2o$3o!
is one of the smallest ships.
All of them are camelships (at least I know they are).
This?

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 4, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
2bo$ob2o$3o$obo!

Not inactive any more! :D
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by MathAndCode »

LuxiusGOL wrote: November 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm I'm back!
This rule is pretty cool, and also uses the neighborhood of a Glider.
R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D is the rule. I call it Larger than Glider. It can produce a lot of spaceships with really large periods.

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 4, rule = R1,C0,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4D
o$2o$b2o$3o!
is one of the smallest ships.
All of them are camelships (at least I know they are).
Ironically, none of the sixteen gliders are spaceships in this rule. In fact, none of them even evolve into a spaceship.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
User avatar
NoAyeBeardo
Posts: 261
Joined: June 16th, 2020, 12:38 pm
Location: A house, or a flat, or a [click to expand]

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by NoAyeBeardo »

New smallest spaceship (7 cells)

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
obo$3o$obo!

Not inactive any more! :D
User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 116
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by LuxiusGOL »

that was what I posted
iambackhooray
User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 116
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by LuxiusGOL »

R2,C16,S3,B3,N@ABCDEF and R2,C16,S3,B3,N@FEDCBA are kinda like twins.
R2,C0,S3,B3,N@0F3C49 has only 1 ship that I know of, and it looks like a worm.
R1,C0,S,B2,N@3F
R2,C0,S1-8,B1-4,8,N@0001DF
iambackhooray
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 3154
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by yujh »

NoAyeBeardo wrote: November 7th, 2020, 4:07 am New smallest spaceship (7 cells)

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
obo$3o$obo!

5 cells:

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
2o$3o!
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!
User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 116
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by LuxiusGOL »

R2,C3,M0,S0..0,B3..3,N@FFD9C4 (Lots of Puffers)
iambackhooray
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by MathAndCode »

Do all of the camelships have the same simplified speed? All of the ones that I've looked at do, but I'm sure that there are others.
Last edited by MathAndCode on December 6th, 2020, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Sarah
Posts: 221
Joined: October 20th, 2020, 12:18 pm

Re: Custom LtL Neighborhood Interesting Results

Post by Sarah »

Do most soups evolve into spaceships?

Code: Select all

x = 24, y = 10, rule = R1,C2,M0,S2..3,B2..3,N@4d
o4bobo2b6ob2o2b3o$3bob4o2bob5obo3bo$o3bobob4ob2ob2o5bo$o4b2obo2bobob3o
b3o$5b2o2bo3bo3b2ob2obo$bo2bob4obo3bo3bo3bo$2o3b2ob3o2bo3bo2bobo$b2ob
3o5b4obobo$2obo2b4o2b5o3bo2bo$2ob2o2bobob5o2b2o!

WARNING: This user may have mental health issues. Do not interact with them unless you are either nonexistent or a human being.
[THIS WARNING POSTED BY [CENSORED]]
Post Reply