Let's create a language!

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Moosey »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 10:02 am
BokaBB wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 9:36 am Moderators,it may be Schaparelio's joke,I don't know.
You said you are Moosey in Word Chains.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
No I didn't mean I was Moosey I meant Moosey was there.
Alack! I have a wick'd sense of humor
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4315
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Moosey »

anyway how's progresse
κ is measurable iff there is a nontrivial elementary embedding j:V→M (M transitive) with critical point κ
the lifestroyer
Posts: 109
Joined: October 30th, 2020, 4:12 am
Location: earth,the Solar System, Oort Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group,Universe

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by the lifestroyer »

OK I KNOW SOME NUMBERS
1: eono(in Indo-European languages most have the sound e,o,n,u)
2 derando(in Indo-European languages most have the sound 'd ')
3 traeids(in Indo-European languages most start with the sound 't as in traffic' and end with 'ss')
4 cuequo {pronunced Qu-e-CO} (in Indo-European languages most have the sound 'qu in quilt')
5 cincrinc ((in Indo-European languages most have the sound "si")
ill just do 5 for now but i got a lot more
waiting for approval :D :D :roll: :roll: :lol:
"insert compliment here"
pls check my gameHere
A must for minecraft fans
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

the lifestroyer wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 5:08 am OK I KNOW SOME NUMBERS
1: eono(in Indo-European languages most have the sound e,o,n,u)
2 derando(in Indo-European languages most have the sound 'd ')
3 traeids(in Indo-European languages most start with the sound 't as in traffic' and end with 'ss')
4 cuequo {pronunced Qu-e-CO} (in Indo-European languages most have the sound 'qu in quilt')
5 cincrinc ((in Indo-European languages most have the sound "si")
ill just do 5 for now but i got a lot more
waiting for approval :D :D :roll: :roll: :lol:
We haven't gotten to vocabulary at all yet. We aren't even sure about what number base we are going to use. Our language isn't supposed to be based on any other language(s) anyway, though thanks for coming here!
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
the lifestroyer
Posts: 109
Joined: October 30th, 2020, 4:12 am
Location: earth,the Solar System, Oort Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group,Universe

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by the lifestroyer »

ok what can i contribute on?
(im bilingual)
"insert compliment here"
pls check my gameHere
A must for minecraft fans
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

the lifestroyer wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 5:22 am ok what can i contribute on?
(im bilingual)
You can read some earlier pages and look at this spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... id=4987920
What other language do you speak?
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
the lifestroyer
Posts: 109
Joined: October 30th, 2020, 4:12 am
Location: earth,the Solar System, Oort Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group,Universe

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by the lifestroyer »

a language in india(dont want to mention specifically)
"insert compliment here"
pls check my gameHere
A must for minecraft fans
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

the lifestroyer wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 5:08 am OK I KNOW SOME NUMBERS
1: eono(in Indo-European languages most have the sound e,o,n,u)
2 derando(in Indo-European languages most have the sound 'd ')
3 traeids(in Indo-European languages most start with the sound 't as in traffic' and end with 'ss')
4 cuequo {pronunced Qu-e-CO} (in Indo-European languages most have the sound 'qu in quilt')
5 cincrinc ((in Indo-European languages most have the sound "si")
ill just do 5 for now but i got a lot more
waiting for approval :D :D :roll: :roll: :lol:
We already have numbers. Also,this is out of this language's style.
But welcome here!I hope you will have better luck at making something else. Just make it sound like this language.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:27 am We already have numbers. Also,this is out of this language's style.
But welcome here!I hope you will have better luck at making something else. Just make it sound like this language.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
We've barely talked about numbers at all. We should also agree on a number base.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:31 am
BokaBB wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:27 am We already have numbers. Also,this is out of this language's style.
But welcome here!I hope you will have better luck at making something else. Just make it sound like this language.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
We've barely talked about numbers at all. We should also agree on a number base.
I made numbers, you didn't said no to the words.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:32 am I made numbers, you didn't said no to the words.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I would really like our language not to be base-10. We could keep the ones you made and add more to make it base-12 or something. Also, are you okay with allophones? I accepted them in the spreadsheet.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:35 am
BokaBB wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:32 am I made numbers, you didn't said no to the words.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I would really like our language not to be base-10. We could keep the ones you made and add more to make it base-12 or something. Also, are you okay with allophones? I accepted them in the spreadsheet.
I want a logii base based on some body parts or something like that.
Are allophones things that sound the same or what?I forgot.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:38 am I want a logii base based on some body parts or something like that.
Are allophones things that sound the same or what?I forgot.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Basically the language doesn't distinguish between certain sounds like /ɐ/~/a/.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:41 am
BokaBB wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:38 am I want a logii base based on some body parts or something like that.
Are allophones things that sound the same or what?I forgot.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Basically the language doesn't distinguish between certain sounds like /ɐ/~/a/.
Another reason why the other a is not needed.
We either must remove it or make rules.
Compromise is needed.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:44 am Another reason why the other a is not needed.
We either must remove it or make rules.
Compromise is needed.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
This is a great compromise. It doesn't even matter what sound we use. Both are fine in all contexts.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
the lifestroyer
Posts: 109
Joined: October 30th, 2020, 4:12 am
Location: earth,the Solar System, Oort Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group,Universe

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by the lifestroyer »

umm i didnt see a number in the spreadsheet
"insert compliment here"
pls check my gameHere
A must for minecraft fans
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

the lifestroyer wrote: November 4th, 2020, 2:33 am umm i didnt see a number in the spreadsheet
Because we haven't yet agreed on them. Only one person made numbers without really anyone else stating their agreement.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 4th, 2020, 3:33 am
the lifestroyer wrote: November 4th, 2020, 2:33 am umm i didnt see a number in the spreadsheet
Because we haven't yet agreed on them. Only one person made numbers without really anyone else stating their agreement.
On the other hand,it is going to be a lot difficult to uses bases other than,10 and 20. They are all logical and related to the fingers,with which people counted in the past.
Let's vote for the base,5,10 and 20 are legal. Only thise who commented before this have the right to vote.
I vote for 10.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 4th, 2020, 4:13 am On the other hand,it is going to be a lot difficult to uses bases other than,10 and 20. They are all logical and related to the fingers,with which people counted in the past.
Let's vote for the base,5,10 and 20 are legal. Only thise who commented before this have the right to vote.
I vote for 10.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
Did you watch the video I sent earlier?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4bmZ1gRqCc
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3626
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Saka »

I also propose base 6 and base 12, which are also suited for counting on your hands (assuming you have 5 fingers on each hand). I sorta wanna avoid base 10 in fear of the language being too English-y (We already have SVO word order (ok i guess the phonology is a bit different but I dont wanna make it look like an english relex (unless that's what we want?))).
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

Saka wrote: November 4th, 2020, 7:00 am I also propose base 6 and base 12, which are also suited for counting on your hands (assuming you have 5 fingers on each hand). I sorta wanna avoid base 10 in fear of the language being too English-y (We already have SVO word order (ok i guess the phonology is a bit different but I dont wanna make it look like an english relex (unless that's what we want?))).
Exactly. In the video I sent, they mention how Klingon uses base-10 and how lazy it is of them.
Edit: I might change word order to SOV.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
BokaBB
Posts: 2981
Joined: December 30th, 2019, 11:55 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by BokaBB »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: November 4th, 2020, 7:02 am
Saka wrote: November 4th, 2020, 7:00 am I also propose base 6 and base 12, which are also suited for counting on your hands (assuming you have 5 fingers on each hand). I sorta wanna avoid base 10 in fear of the language being too English-y (We already have SVO word order (ok i guess the phonology is a bit different but I dont wanna make it look like an english relex (unless that's what we want?))).
Exactly. In the video I sent, they mention how Klingon uses base-10 and how lazy it is of them.
Edit: I might change word order to SOV.
SVO is the best,don't change that.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!


Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

BokaBB wrote: November 4th, 2020, 7:23 am SVO is the best,don't change that.
Elkeo beo rigeu!

BokaBB
I'm okay with SVO as long as we don't have other Englishy/Indo-European stuff. You still want base-10, right? Also, could you look at your fancy CA threads?
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
wwei23

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by wwei23 »

What about all the other bases? I'd like to vote for base 7.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Let's create a language!

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

wwei23 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 8:27 am What about all the other bases? I'd like to vote for base 7.
I'm gonna vote for 12. I've always wondered what using 12 which is more divisible that 10 would be like.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Post Reply