All consonants except for c, as I said, and all vowels and diphthongs are taken care of. I agree with you that i should be /i/, but /ɪ/ has already been written, so I'm not sure what to do there. I strongly prefer c being /c/, I can ask also people their opinion on it through PMs.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:31 am Okay. Can you post your progress so far here?
Feel free to make further progress.
C is either /c/ or /ts/. The solution is probably that that can vary,please propose your ideas.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Let's create a language!
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
I don't think it is impossible to delete something from the spreadsheet.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:38 amAll consonants except for c, as I said, and all vowels and diphthongs are taken care of. I agree with you that i should be /i/, but /ɪ/ has already been written, so I'm not sure what to do there. I strongly prefer c being /c/, I can ask also people their opinion on it through PMs.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:31 am Okay. Can you post your progress so far here?
Feel free to make further progress.
C is either /c/ or /ts/. The solution is probably that that can vary,please propose your ideas.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
It isn't, but I don't want to change anything without asking. Could you also look at the chemistry or country CA?BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:43 am I don't think it is impossible to delete something from the spreadsheet.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
I regularly check them.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:46 amIt isn't, but I don't want to change anything without asking. Could you also look at the chemistry or country CA?BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:43 am I don't think it is impossible to delete something from the spreadsheet.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
I also added conjunctions and some prepositions to the spreadsheet.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:52 amI regularly check them.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:46 amIt isn't, but I don't want to change anything without asking. Could you also look at the chemistry or country CA?BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:43 am I don't think it is impossible to delete something from the spreadsheet.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
Okay. I hope you know to post your work here once you finish it.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:04 amI also added conjunctions and some prepositions to the spreadsheet.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:52 amI regularly check them.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:46 am
It isn't, but I don't want to change anything without asking. Could you also look at the chemistry or country CA?
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
I think we're almost done with phonology apart from c, ch, and maybe a and e. After that I guess we are going to do phonotactics, right?BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:10 am Okay. I hope you know to post your work here once you finish it.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
Ch is Č (Ч),don't know what sound it is. C is /c/ or /ts/. We made something like an agreement about a,let+s make for e.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:15 amI think we're almost done with phonology apart from c, ch, and maybe a and e. After that I guess we are going to do phonotactics, right?BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:10 am Okay. I hope you know to post your work here once you finish it.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Phonotactics after that.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
The spreadsheet also says that a is /ɐ/. Again, I won't change it without asking/agreement.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:20 am Ch is Č (Ч),don't know what sound it is. C is /c/ or /ts/. We made something like an agreement about a,let+s make for e.
Phonotactics after that.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
We made some agreement and it will be as in it.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:29 amThe spreadsheet also says that a is /ɐ/. Again, I won't change it without asking/agreement.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:20 am Ch is Č (Ч),don't know what sound it is. C is /c/ or /ts/. We made something like an agreement about a,let+s make for e.
Phonotactics after that.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
I'm glad you agree. You can look at the current state of the spreadsheet if you want, though please don't change anything already there. You may add stuff though.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 2:55 pm We made some agreement and it will be as in it.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1126530732
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
Hmmm,we agreed a is sometimes /a/ and sometimes that other sound.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:03 pmI'm glad you agree. You can look at the current state of the spreadsheet if you want, though please don't change anything already there. You may add stuff though.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 2:55 pm We made some agreement and it will be as in it.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1126530732
Please focus on writing vocabulary now.
Saka was selfish when beginning and added different sounds.
Please don't make mistakes with vocabulary,fin is bird,not the reverse,I accidentally changed the sides from which the English and this language words are then.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Last edited by BokaBB on October 30th, 2020, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Re: Let's create a language!
It's not even completed, and vocabulary at this point is nonsense. We also agreed one letter correspond to one sound, so /a/ is out.
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:47 pm Hmmm,we agreed a is sometimes /a/ and sometimes that other sound.
Please focus on writing vocabulary now.
Saka was selfish when beginning and added different sounds.
Please don't make mistakes with vocabulary,fin is bird,not the reverse,I accidentally changed the sides from which the English and this language words are then.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Yes, vocabulary doesn't make any sense. I thought we'd agreed upon doing orthography after we are done with phonotactics yesterday.Hunting wrote: October 30th, 2020, 12:11 am It's not even completed, and vocabulary at this point is nonsense. We also agreed one letter correspond to one sound, so /a/ is out.
Edit: I miswrote asking what we were going to do in my earlier reply, this one is the correct one.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:47 pmHmmm,we agreed a is sometimes /a/ and sometimes that other sound.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:03 pmI'm glad you agree. You can look at the current state of the spreadsheet if you want, though please don't change anything already there. You may add stuff though.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 2:55 pm We made some agreement and it will be as in it.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1126530732
Please focus on writing vocabulary now.
Saka was selfish when beginning and added different sounds.
Please don't make mistakes with vocabulary,fin is bird,not the reverse,I accidentally changed the sides from which the English and this language words are then.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
I don't think we agreed on a having two sounds - that was just a suggestion - and Hunting said that they didn't think it was a good idea. Also, not that there's anything wrong with this but fin is also happiness. Homophones are fine and totally normal. Just pointing it out.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:47 pmHmmm,we agreed a is sometimes /a/ and sometimes that other sound.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:03 pm
I'm glad you agree. You can look at the current state of the spreadsheet if you want, though please don't change anything already there. You may add stuff though.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1126530732
Please focus on writing vocabulary now.
Saka was selfish when beginning and added different sounds.
Please don't make mistakes with vocabulary,fin is bird,not the reverse,I accidentally changed the sides from which the English and this language words are then.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
I also don't have anything against homophones. Please correct fin in the vocabulary and add more.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 30th, 2020, 9:33 amI don't think we agreed on a having two sounds - that was just a suggestion - and Hunting said that they didn't think it was a good idea. Also, not that there's anything wrong with this but fin is also happiness. Homophones are fine and totally normal. Just pointing it out.BokaBB wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:47 pmHmmm,we agreed a is sometimes /a/ and sometimes that other sound.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 29th, 2020, 3:03 pm
I'm glad you agree. You can look at the current state of the spreadsheet if you want, though please don't change anything already there. You may add stuff though.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1126530732
Please focus on writing vocabulary now.
Saka was selfish when beginning and added different sounds.
Please don't make mistakes with vocabulary,fin is bird,not the reverse,I accidentally changed the sides from which the English and this language words are then.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
I think making a letter have 2 sounds is the best idea.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
I'm online and I'm adding words to to the spreadsheet now but I'm going to make some words longer. I don't think two sounds for some letters is not a good idea, but we should ask others too.BokaBB wrote: October 30th, 2020, 5:07 pm I also don't have anything against homophones. Please correct fin in the vocabulary and add more.
I think making a letter have 2 sounds is the best idea.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Last edited by Schiaparelliorbust on October 31st, 2020, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
I'm online and I'm adding words to to the spreadsheet now but I'm going to make some words longer. I don't think two sounds for some letters is not a good idea, but we should ask others too.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:03 pmI also don't have anything against homophones. Please correct fin in the vocabulary and add more.BokaBB wrote: October 30th, 2020, 5:07 pm I don't think we agreed on a having two sounds - that was just a suggestion - and Hunting said that they didn't think it was a good idea. Also, not that there's anything wrong with this but fin is also happiness. Homophones are fine and totally normal. Just pointing it out.
I think making a letter have 2 sounds is the best idea.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
[/quote]
Do you mean changing existing words or making new when yoi said about the longer words?Or something else?Be careful with preffixes and suffixes.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
I'm going to add a syllable or two to some words.BokaBB wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:08 pm Do you mean changing existing words or making new when yoi said about the longer words?Or something else?Be careful with preffixes and suffixes.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
Reason,please?Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:20 pmI'm going to add a syllable or two to some words.BokaBB wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:08 pm Do you mean changing existing words or making new when yoi said about the longer words?Or something else?Be careful with preffixes and suffixes.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
-ut,-ut,-p or -ep and some others are tough to use,please don't forget them.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
Are those suffixes? What do you mean tough to use?BokaBB wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:24 pm Reason,please?
-ut,-ut,-p or -ep and some others are tough to use,please don't forget them.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
Suffixes. -ut intensifies things,-p marks that something is similar to something,-e means a tool used for a thing,find about the rest yourselves.Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:34 pmAre those suffixes? What do you mean tough to use?BokaBB wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:24 pm Reason,please?
-ut,-ut,-p or -ep and some others are tough to use,please don't forget them.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Seriously,why you change words?
If you can,please visit the game Mystery. Say if I am annoying,I will stop.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
-
Schiaparelliorbust
- Posts: 3686
- Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
- Location: Acidalia Planitia
Re: Let's create a language!
I am changing the words because they sound too short. I might not change them if we make them longer in the future. I looked at the Mystery game, please look at the Colorised CA thread, I asked Hunting to look at it, and then LaundryPizza03 came and showed a special synthesis and gun for it. Bye for now, I'm going to watch a movie.BokaBB wrote: October 31st, 2020, 12:39 pm Suffixes. -ut intensifies things,-p marks that something is similar to something,-e means a tool used for a thing,find about the rest yourselves.
Seriously,why you change words?
If you can,please visit the game Mystery. Say if I am annoying,I will stop.
Elkeo beo rigeu!
BokaBB
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
Re: Let's create a language!
Again, did we settle on sounds?