Word Chains (Game)

A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
Locked
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

BokaBB wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 4:07 pm Password
secure
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 4:19 pm secure
iPhones
//Apple has hardware-based security.
//Either I didn't realize that I could reply "MathAndCode" to "wwei23" for some reason, or I didn't see it until after someone else had replied. Oops. :P
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:14 pm
MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 4:19 pm secure
iPhones
//Apple has hardware-based security.
//Either I didn't realize that I could reply "MathAndCode" to "wwei23" for some reason, or I didn't see it until after someone else had replied. Oops. :P
technology
(It was here.)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:19 pmtechnology
P30
//The first technology that I know of was based off of P30 oscillators like the queen bee shuttle and such.
//Yeah, I'm pretty sure that "wwei23" was replied to before I saw it.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:21 pmP30
queen bee
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:22 pmqueen bee
//So we're doing two words at a time now again, eh? Well then.
King
P46
//There's the twin bees shuttle, too.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:24 pm
MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:22 pmqueen bee
//So we're doing two words at a time now again, eh? Well then.
(That was supposed to be a single phrase, which I think is allowed, but your interpretation can also work.)
wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:24 pmKing
crown
wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:24 pmP46
p23
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:26 pm crown
P12
MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:26 pmp23
Troll
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:30 pmP12
Baker's dozen
wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:30 pmTroll
goblin
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:33 pmgoblin
Jailbreak
//There's a jailbreak called g0blin.
//Can someone else provide a response for Baker's dozen? I'm not sure how to proceed.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:34 pmJailbreak
escape
wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:34 pm //Can someone else provide a response for Baker's dozen? I'm not sure how to proceed.
Unix

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 25, rule = B3/S23
17b2o$17bo2bo3$17bob2o$12b2o2bobo$12bo4bo$16bo$13bo2bo3$5b2o$5b2o5b3o$15bo$12bobobo$13bo$4bo2bo$4bo$3bo4bo$2bobo2b2o$2obo3$o2bo$2b2o!
I am tentatively considering myself back.
wwei23

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by wwei23 »

MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:48 pm escape
Reflector
//There's a pseudo-GGG where a third queen bee shuttle reflects the glider out to safety.
MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 5:48 pmUnix
T-nosed P4
//The T-nosed P4 can do that as well.
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:04 pmReflector
Snark
wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:04 pmT-nosed P4
pentadecathlon (also gives T-nosed sparks)
wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:04 pm//The T-nosed P4 can do that as well.
(Yes, but I independently discovered Baker's dozen with unices, not T-nosed p4s.)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:17 pm Snark
imaginary
MathAndCode wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:17 pm pentadecathlon (also gives T-nosed sparks)
wwei23 wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 6:04 pm//The T-nosed P4 can do that as well.
(Yes, but I independently discovered Baker's dozen with unices, not T-nosed p4s.)
Greek(penta and deca are both ancient Greek numbers)
//Someone please merge the two words.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:34 amimaginary
number
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:34 amGreek
construction (as in geometric construction with compass and straightedge)
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:34 am//Someone please merge the two words.
(Does that help?)
Last edited by MathAndCode on October 23rd, 2020, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

MathAndCode wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:41 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:34 amimaginary
number
Schiaparelliorbust wrote:construction (as in geometric construction with compass and straightedge)
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:34 am//Someone please merge the two words.
(Does that help?
counting
//Yes it does help, but why did you make me say "cosntruction"?
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:43 amcounting
addition
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:43 am//Yes it does help, but why did you make me say "cosntruction"?
(Whoops. I have fixed the quote tag now. I'm sorry about that.)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

MathAndCode wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:06 am addition(Whoops. I have fixed the quote tag now. I'm sorry about that.)
arithmetic
//Though did you change my text? I still don't understand.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:12 amarithmetic
algebra
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:12 am//Though did you change my text? I still don't understand.
(I accidentally broke a quote tag, which messed up the quotes.)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

MathAndCode wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:16 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:12 amarithmetic
algebra(I accidentally broke a quote tag, which messed up the quotes.)
variable
//Oh so I guess you wrote it, decided to change it, but forgot to delete it and/or messed up the quotes. I did that to my earlier post too, but edited it before you got here, I think.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:18 amvariable
value
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:18 am//Oh so I guess you wrote it, decided to change it, but forgot to delete it and/or messed up the quotes. I did that to my earlier post too, but edited it before you got here, I think.
(I was trying to trim the quote, i.e. remove the unnecessary parts.)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

MathAndCode wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:20 am value(I was trying to trim the quote, i.e. remove the unnecessary parts.)
assign
//Ok
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:23 amassign
task
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Schiaparelliorbust
Posts: 3686
Joined: July 22nd, 2020, 9:50 am
Location: Acidalia Planitia

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by Schiaparelliorbust »

MathAndCode wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:29 am task
chore
//There is also a problem over at the near-anagram word game thread. It's stuck I think.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere
MathAndCode
Posts: 5274
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 5:58 pm

Re: Word Chains (Game)

Post by MathAndCode »

Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:33 amchore
allowance
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:33 am//There is also a problem over at the near-anagram word game thread. It's stuck I think.
(Thank you. I'll try to fix it.)
I am tentatively considering myself back.
Locked