A forum for topics that don't fit elsewhere. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. Forum rules still apply.
BokaBB wrote: October 9th, 2020, 8:24 am
wzchem5's work is probably not too suitable for a modern language (it sounds like caveman's language).
I would like SVO order.
The rest others should decide. At the end,I want this to be a combined project where everyone has left something.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
This is intended. The pronounciation <-> meaning mapping is to a large extent arbitrary, but pronounciations that do mimic natural sounds related to the meaning are slightly better than those that do not. So a rational approach would be to maximize the resemblance between the pronounciation and a natural sound that is related to its meaning.
Some language evolution happened,however.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
I don't understand that last about Mars.
Am I too subjective and selfish?I won't be if you think I am.
Rige-Sun
Lem-Earth
Nu-Moon
Ot-Mercury
Sau-Morning Venus
Det-Evening Venus
Vena-Venus collectively
Kom-Mars
Ope-Jupiter
Dab-Saturn
Uran-Uranus
Nept-Neptune
Plut-Pluto
Rigep-Star
-p or - ep - something similar to
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Last edited by BokaBB on October 9th, 2020, 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
Saka wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Holy cruds, this thread has 3 pages already?
I think we should define the phonotactics and allowed diphthongs as well.
It looks to be (C)(C)V(C)(C) so far, I think...
as for diphthongs, I cant be bothered right now to list all used so far... maybe just allow all? And what's the phonemic inventory and orthography???
Ill make a doc tomorrow
We used no diphtongs so far.
Can you contribute some vocabulary,please?
Me and my friend are almost constantly active and the language quickly grew.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
I don't think we need short and long vowels since we already made words without long/short difference.
I am not sure about the additional letters.
The orthography is clear I think.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 9th, 2020, 11:42 am
Ok then
think = resheo
and wzkchem5 we're both on Mars!
Wait I'd said that -ad makes a verb out of a noun so to think is reshadeo.
Edit: I don't know how we missed this but how are we supposed to make stuff plural?
Last edited by Schiaparelliorbust on October 9th, 2020, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 9th, 2020, 11:42 am
Ok then
think = resheo
and wzkchem5 we're both on Mars!
Wait I'd said that -ad makes a verb out of a noun so to think is reshadeo.
We replaced -ad with -eo. I don't think -ad sounds pleasant and I want the language to sound so.
Am I subjective?I won't be anymore if I am.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
Schiaparelliorbust wrote: October 9th, 2020, 11:42 am
Ok then
think = resheo
and wzkchem5 we're both on Mars!
Wait I'd said that -ad makes a verb out of a noun so to think is reshadeo.
We replaced -ad with -eo. I don't think -ad sounds pleasant and I want the language to sound so.
Am I subjective?I won't be anymore if I am.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I'm okay with -eo being infinitive but I still think we need a suffix to make a noun a verb.
Hey Moosey yeah we do need to figure out phonemes, orthography, phonotactics. Let me ask you something though: what number base should the language use?
Wait I'd said that -ad makes a verb out of a noun so to think is reshadeo.
We replaced -ad with -eo. I don't think -ad sounds pleasant and I want the language to sound so.
Am I subjective?I won't be anymore if I am.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
I'm okay with -eo being infinitive but I still think we need a suffix to make a noun a verb.
-eo does the same job.
I will allow you to create the plural suffix.Please try to have continuity with the way the language sounds.
Everything is read phonetically,for an example a is not read ey but a.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:43 pm
I will allow you to create the plural suffix.Please try to have continuity with the way the language sounds.
Everything is read phonetically,for an example a is not read ey but a.
-ral for plural
What about ay? Is there any way to get a long a or any other long vowel?
BokaBB wrote: October 9th, 2020, 12:43 pm
I will allow you to create the plural suffix.Please try to have continuity with the way the language sounds.
Everything is read phonetically,for an example a is not read ey but a.
-ral for plural
What about ay? Is there any way to get a long a or any other long vowel?
We already added a lot of vocabulary and that may be tricky to change all words to variants with long or short vowels. Making long vowels rare is also not a good idea I think.
Do you accept -al as a suffix if the word ends with a consonant?
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
Complete orthography(I will think about some diphtongs,it will take time):
A:as a in a(article)
B:as b in beagle
C:as c in cinnabar
D:as d in donkey
E:as e in elephant
F:as f in flute
G:as g in gold
H:as h in hat
I:as i in Italy
J:absent
K:as k in king
L:as l in lion
M:as m in Mars
N:as n in now
Ng:as ng in gong
O:as o in orphan
P:as p in peak
Q: absent
R:as r in road
S:as s in Sun
Sh:as sh in shot
T:as t in time
U:as u in ukulele
V:as v in vase
W:absent
X:absent
Y:as y in you
Z:as z in zone
Zh:as Serbian Ж or as zh in Zhang(might remove it though)
This is how I planned and what is called phonetical. I might change something. Feel free to propose changes.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
777
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!
Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!
BokaBB wrote: October 9th, 2020, 1:47 pm
Complete orthography(I will think about some diphtongs,it will take time):
A:as a in a(article)
B:as b in beagle
C:as c in cinnabar
D:as d in donkey
E:as e in elephant
F:as f in flute
G:as g in gold
H:as h in hat
I:as i in Italy
J:absent
K:as k in king
L:as l in lion
M:as m in Mars
N:as n in now
Ng:as ng in gong
O:as o in orphan
P:as p in peak
Q: absent
R:as r in road
S:as s in Sun
Sh:as sh in shot
T:as t in time
U:as u in ukulele
V:as v in vase
W:absent
X:absent
Y:as y in you
Z:as z in zone
Zh:as Serbian Ж or as zh in Zhang(might remove it though)
This is how I planned and what is called phonetical. I might change something. Feel free to propose changes.
Have a good day!
BokaBB
Some questions:
Why are some sounds omitted?
Is the last sound ch as in cheese?
Other than diphthongs are these the only sounds?
Is c always pronounced like in cinnbar?
Is there a way to make a short u?
Also, I think the diphthongs should be au, ai, oi, ao, oa, and ei.