I already found that block-moving reaction; I didn't post it because it's useless I think... Oh, and it's 5 cells, by the way.
Here's a reaction 2gliders+block that turns both gliders (don't know whether it's useful at all):
x = 10, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
4b2o$4b2o2$2bo4bo$obo4bobo$b2o4b2o!
Same ...
Search found 11 matches
- November 6th, 2011, 7:23 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
- Replies: 2371
- Views: 1710343
- November 2nd, 2011, 6:52 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Expanders thread
- Replies: 12
- Views: 9116
Re: Expanders thread
So this thread is for...? Methuselahs? Rubbish? Unstable patterns? Reactions?
- October 29th, 2011, 6:56 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Caterpillar challenge
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5032
Re: Caterpillar challenge
Totally impossible, unless your monitor is the size of a wall...
- October 28th, 2011, 11:28 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: My creations
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3281
My creations
This is my first creation: a p60 gun which can be turned on and off. It may already exist.
#CXRLE Pos=-53,-59
x = 103, y = 106, rule = B3/S23
48bo$45b4o$44b4o16bo$37b2o5bo2bo8b2o5bobo$37b2o5b4o14bo3b2o3b2o$45b4o
3b2obobo4bo3b2o3b2o$48bo2bo3b2o5bo3b2o$52bo10bobo$52bo2bo8bo2$47bobo$
47bo$51bo$49bo ...
#CXRLE Pos=-53,-59
x = 103, y = 106, rule = B3/S23
48bo$45b4o$44b4o16bo$37b2o5bo2bo8b2o5bobo$37b2o5b4o14bo3b2o3b2o$45b4o
3b2obobo4bo3b2o3b2o$48bo2bo3b2o5bo3b2o$52bo10bobo$52bo2bo8bo2$47bobo$
47bo$51bo$49bo ...
- October 27th, 2011, 3:19 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Collection of simple reactions needed
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2707
Collection of simple reactions needed
I feel a bit too lazy to start searching for useful reactions involving gliders, blocks, bhives and other simple patterns. However, I need them for some projects. Does anyone have a collection of such reactions?
- August 28th, 2011, 5:52 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Search for the Largest Methuselah and Other Questions
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8568
Re: Search for the Largest Methuselah
I know that I can post the code here; I didn't because I'm lazy
- August 27th, 2011, 6:27 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Search for the Largest Methuselah and Other Questions
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8568
Re: Search for the Largest Methuselah
If you ask about number of cells or bounding box, I believe that any size can (and some will) be reached; however, most of the sources I found have a maximum bounding box of 20x20, and many have even less.
But the methuselah with the longest lifespan (fitting in 20x20) is called Fred, and I'm not ...
But the methuselah with the longest lifespan (fitting in 20x20) is called Fred, and I'm not ...
- August 26th, 2011, 5:44 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: My component requests
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3400
My component requests
I quickly got tired of searching for components and reactions on my own, so I have decided to create this post to ask for the ones I need. I will keep searching, however, and if I find any of them I'll post them here, too.
Anyway, this is what I need by now: a gate that can be turned on/off to let a ...
Anyway, this is what I need by now: a gate that can be turned on/off to let a ...
- August 26th, 2011, 6:38 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: P60 glider stream AND gate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4094
Re: P60 glider stream AND gate
Yeah, I thought that it would already be invented... anyway, can you show me that gate? I couldnt make it work without the reflector...
- August 25th, 2011, 10:38 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Glider gun with a higher density of gliders.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4172
Re: Glider gun with a higher density of gliders.
First: the term for "glider density" is period, or P. That is, the Gosper glider gun has P30 because it fires a glider every 30 generations. And, by the way, the distance between the glider of the Gosper gun is 7.5 cells diagonally.
Second: if you want to fire gliders quickly, the quickest gun is a ...
Second: if you want to fire gliders quickly, the quickest gun is a ...
- August 25th, 2011, 8:35 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: P60 glider stream AND gate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4094
P60 glider stream AND gate
First of all, hi to everyone. I've been working in Life (B3/S23) for a while now, and I must say that I havent found any help posts for newcomers, and I've had to examine some of the really big stuff you have created to discover some pretty simple devices. And I don't now whether this AND gate that ...