Search found 6 matches
- January 2nd, 2011, 8:09 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
- Replies: 2371
- Views: 1710970
Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Yeah, some of the objects on the left were remnants from what I was initially doing (I've been searching for one-cell patterns that emit a glider or spaceship with no debris, with moderate success). 33 cells is pretty small, though, I can't believe it was possible to shrink it that much!
- January 2nd, 2011, 11:10 am
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
- Replies: 2371
- Views: 1710970
Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Nice, I didn't think there was a way to stabilize it!
- January 1st, 2011, 6:47 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
- Replies: 2371
- Views: 1710970
Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
This is another still life I didn't expect to see. I ran into it while working with one-cell-thick patterns. I don't know its name, but I doubt it has one to begin with, being 40 cells large. It only survives for a few generations :( but you'll see it when it comes by.
x = 51, y = 3, rule = B3/S23 ...
x = 51, y = 3, rule = B3/S23 ...
- December 22nd, 2010, 5:13 pm
- Forum: Other Cellular Automata
- Topic: B3/S234
- Replies: 100
- Views: 69465
Re: B3/S234
Here's a still life synthesisAxaj wrote:I have tried creating some syntheses with the c/4 diagonal spaceship, and these are the results I got:
Code: Select all
x = 12, y = 22, rule = B3/S234
$b2o4b2o$b2o4b2o$b2obo2b2obo$3bo5bo13$3bo5bo$b2obo2b2obo$b2o4b2o$b2o4b
2o!
- December 19th, 2010, 7:23 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
- Replies: 2371
- Views: 1710970
Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Mats - nice patterns, the seven cell one is pretty cool!
137ben - A long-lasting pattern was actually my initial goal. I ran into other (but not many) patterns which lasted longer, but I only saved one, stabilizing at either 6515 or 6422 depending on how you look at it. The final bit of chaos turns ...
137ben - A long-lasting pattern was actually my initial goal. I ran into other (but not many) patterns which lasted longer, but I only saved one, stabilizing at either 6515 or 6422 depending on how you look at it. The final bit of chaos turns ...
- December 19th, 2010, 3:41 pm
- Forum: Patterns
- Topic: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
- Replies: 2371
- Views: 1710970
Re: Thread For Your Accidental Discoveries
Hey, I'm new here. I'm not sure if this would be considered rare or interesting, but anyway... I was playing around with 8-cell patterns and an unusual still life popped up in generation 2276 and survived for a little over two hundred generations. It pops up at the bottom - the Life Wiki says it's ...